Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
1.4/5  rDev -35.2%

Pours from the 12 oz can a crystal clear, pale yellow (almost lemonade) color with a foamy 1 1/2 finger head that settles into a medium collar. VERY active carbonation. Aroma is of wet grass, cheap malts, straw. 1st sip is like seltzer water with a small amount of beer flavor. All cheap grassy malts...and where are the "triple hops" that this was allegedly brewed with? Mouthfeel is light and watery, with tons of fizz to ensure that there will be copious amounts of belching & farting to add to the experience. I'll admit, it would be refreshing on a hot summer day, but so would a bottle of water, which if you're worried about calories & carbs would be a better choice anyway. The fact this is one of the best selling beers in America is a true, shining example of what slick advertising can do for a product. And to think, there was a time when I actually thought the swill was good...

1.83/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

12oz. bottle poured into an imperial pint.

(A)- Pours a crystal clear pale straw yellow color. No head to speak of except some white bubbles.

(S)- Very dry with an earthy straw and corn husk profile.

(T)- Same as the smell. Rather dry with a corn husk aspect and a present sugary sweetness.

(M)- Crisp, with a relatively higher carbonation level. Too watery and sugary sweet.

(D)- Sure, I could easily drink a 6er of this, but why would I want to?

2.18/5  rDev +0.9%

This is probably my least favorite of the mass marketed light beers. Way watered down. nothing to it. not enjoyable. only drinkin this if i'm playing some beer pong or there is nothing else left. Having said this, it is what it is, a light american beer that people like to have a good time with. This is fine, but I'd rather have a Bud.

3.23/5  rDev +49.5%

Ummm...seriously welcome to nothingness with a little bit of something. Tastes like American macro light beer. You know how strawberry flavored candy doesn't really taste like strawberries but you recognize the flavor immediately cause you've had it so many times. You know it's strawberry flavored. Maybe a bad analogy but they don't have corn flavored candy you know.

I kinda like this beer. It's a beer flavored refreshing beverage. I like to sip these and surf the internet late at night. Guilty indulgence I know.

It's fizzy! Always has a beautiful head on it.

It smells kinda terrible.

It tastes sorta good if you are thirsty. Just a touch more hop profile Miller! C'mon that would set it above the other two light macros that this beer is commonly compared to...

It is sorta lacking in mouthfeel. At least the other two seem to have a creamy aftertaste sorta.

It is very drinkable. Don't lie to yourself. It is very ,very drinkable.

Sorta amazed at how well I rated this beer but for the style, I cain't lie.

Horses for courses!

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

Beer was purchased for my friend, who didn't want to drink any beer, so I decided to finally try this. Pale straw yellow, fizzy carbonation without any real head retention. Nothing overly offensive in the smell, but it is hard to get much of anything. This is pretty much carbonated water and I suppose it could be considered refreshing, but I'd rather just drink water. Carbonation level is too high to drink a lot of this. I didn't finish.

1.45/5  rDev -32.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

On draught at Tokyo Grill Victoria TX in 22oz mug for 2 bucks. Pours a pale yellow with minimal white head. Light aroma of corn, grass. Taste same as aroma. Palate is light body, moderate carbonation. Finish is light grass, and corn. Overall not much aroma or flavor to speak of, very bland and boring could not finish it. It was the one of the better choices available on the menu.

2.12/5  rDev -1.9%

Miller Lite.... yep. This beer has a light straw colour. The head fades quickly to nothingness. Not much smell and it's mostly just grains and some yeast. Tastes like grain water. It's not unpleasant bad there isn't much flavour there. It feels ok in your mouth since there is some carbonation.

You don't drink Miller Lite because of taste though. You drink it to get drunk but not put on too much weight, and in that regard... it works. Flavourless but drinkable.

2.2/5  rDev +1.9%

I just had my first Miller Lite in about three years, on draft in a bar. And ya know what? I'm surprised. Surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I've been drinking nothing but Pale Ales and IPAs lately but this was downright refreshing, had way more taste than Bud Light or Coors, and was nice to drink with food. I only got it because it was a cheap happy hour special and dammit I'm glad I did. For what it is and what it aims to achieve I'd say it succeeds. Not that it's saying much, but this has to be the best light lager on the market and I rated it as such.

On draught at Tokyo Grill in Victoria, TX. Pale straw color (slightly darker than water). Aroma of grass and corn. Thin, carbonated body. Taste is like water (mineral one, due to carbonation). It was the best available beer in the Japanese restaurant.

2.83/5  rDev +31%

Well this review won't be much of a surprise... but I'm bored so I'll write one anyways. Smells of grain, corn, yeast not really much of a smell at all only if you swirl it around or you smell it as soon as you pour it. Tastes like that yeasty grainy beer taste with that metallic tinge which I think is the hops. They put such a small amount that the hops mixing with those grainy cereal yeasty like flavors that it comes off as a "metallic" taste... even though its really not metal. I get where they are coming from with this beer though which is why I didn't give it a D or F. It really is good if you want to drink a bunch and not get filled. That's what this beer is and that's it. The only thing that they shouldn't claim is of course their use of triple brew hopping. If they didn't say that and just used the less filling title then people shouldn't buy this beer and be surprised by how it tastes. I'll drink it if I'm real low on money because a 24oz can of this is only $1.55.

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Wow i hadnt had one of these in what seems like forever. My wife and her friend orderd a piture laste night so i decided to try some again.

A- Very pale crystal clear straw yellow color. Almost no head at all, lace trys to cling but doesnt last to long.

S- Nothing really, some sweet grain maybe.

T- Water. some grain, slightly bready.

M- Very light, feel of water with s bit of carbonation.

D- Easy to drink, but not something i would want to drink. The best light macro ive had though. Way better then bud light.

Notes. Like i said, better then bud. This used to be what i drank. I cant believe the difference after a couple years of just drinking craft.lol. Overall though good beer for style. Very good light adjunct lager.

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%

Haha, I can't believe some people rate this an A... Even I, being very generous am far from that. Here is my attempt to rate to style:

light golden color with a fizzy head. Smells like a little bit of grain. Nothing else is discernible. Triple Hops Brewed my Ass! I think I even smell a bit of booze! probably because there is nothing at all to cover it up :)

Has a fizzy kind of nothing flavour, a little grain and perhaps a slight sourness. Boring.... The body is quite light and the mouthfeel is rather poor.

Drinkability depends on who you ask... If you ask me, its not.

3.27/5  rDev +51.4%

Bottle poured into pint glass

Appearance: Head that dissipates into lite layer of lace around the top of the beer. Color is a clear yellow brown. No visible carbonation.

Smell: Pilsner malt, maybe corn or rice malt. Not a whole lot there but there is at least something.

Taste: Pilsner malt taste that approches breakfast cereal at points. Crisp lager yeast flavor with hints of citrus. Light body, which is to be expected.

Drinkability: This isn't a D+ beer. Bud light or coors light are in the F to D+ range, this beer is in the C range. It is drinkable, sort of refreshing, and it cleanses the palate. It also brings some complexity to the style with hints of hops and some interesting malts. So it isn't a bad beer, it's just an average beer when compared to everything else. As a light lager, this beer is among the best. I don't agree with the advertising done for this beer and I don't like how this beer is portrayed, but it is still a top beer among light lagers.

2.66/5  rDev +23.1%

Poured from 12oz can freshness date clearly labeled on can 12/30/2010. I have drank this beer all my life and figured why not review it so here it is.

A - Pours a clear straw yellow with a big white fluffy head that dissipates fairly quickly but does leave some lacing around the glass.

S - not a whole lot going on here mostly grainy earthy smell with a slight sweetness.

T - crisp, light and grainy like most light lagers.

M - light bodied, has a dry crispness to it

D - Hey what can you say just about anyone can drink 12 of these during the course of a night. Its a classic american light lager we've all had it and I just love it for nostaglic reasons only.

1.97/5  rDev -8.8%

Poured from the Vortex bottle into a pint glass rinsed with PBR ;)

Looks clear light golden with a surprisingly big white head that settled into a tiny one, but didn't disappear entirely, and left some lacing on its way. This beer smells like underarms. Feels watery and carbonated. There's no taste to describe, except it's less sweet than PBR that I had right before this one. Finish is medium to dry. Goes down easy enough but what's the point of ingesting alcohol like this?

2.4/5  rDev +11.1%

I'm pretty lineant when it comes to beer. If some one was to offer me a free beer and it was Miller Lite I would not except it. This is amazing if you know me because I love free drinks. This beer is incredibly weak and whack. It's below that of Coors Light. Whenever I see some one order a Miller Lite and immediatly judge that person as weak. No offense. There is practically no flavor and would not at any time buy this beer.

A - little to no carbonation; thin/pale yellow color; 1 inch white head formed after pour but dissipated very, very quickly; head looked very dish-soapy

S - sweet grainy smell

T - sugary water with dry aftertaste and a hint of grain

M - watery; no carbonation while settling on the palate, but light fizzle formed on the tongue after consumption

D - just like the rest of the BMC beers; they sacrifice taste and quality for volume; cheers to tasty water!

3.1/5  rDev +43.5%

Poured into a pint glass from a 12 ounce bottle

Appearance: white head that dissipates almost immediately. A lot of tiny bubbles rushing to the top of the pint glass. The color of the beer is a very light gold color that is transparent. I got some decent lacing on the glass.

Smell: sweet but bland at the same time; the hops are not overbearing at all.

Mouth Feel: very carbonated. Bubbles attack lips and tongue immediately.

Taste: its a light bitter taste with a hint of bread. I like it for a Lite Beer. Doesn't have an annoying after taste like some Lite Beers. Its very crisp and goes down very easily. Hops are on the light side even though it's, "Triple Hops Brewed."

I've always enjoyed Miller Lite for its easy drinking ability so I'm a little bias. It is my favorite Lite Beer. It's a beer to drink in mass amounts because you can't have just one. It's certainly not a beer that's complex by any means; it just has a simple taste. If it had anymore taste complexity, it wouldn't be a Lite Beer.

2.26/5  rDev +4.6%

Hmm, what can I say about this beer aside from the obvious? I would say that Miller does a lot of weird marketing ideas, i.e. Vortex bottle which this was poured through. What the heck was the point there guys? Or the flavor lock aluminum can? Screw top aluminum pints? I mean really? How about working on the beer? Anyway, now that my rant is over, I would actually say that I have been sampling various Miller products lately and they have surprised me. I was surprised by the overly meringue like head on the "Champaign of Beers", or the noticable bitterness of the hops in the Genuine Draft, and so how about this one? The beer smells like cooked grains, some solvent yeasty smells in there too, and sweet corn. Not a cornucopia of beer goodness, but more like cracking a can of corn while the wife is removing nail polish in the next room....but I don't care. The taste is so minimal and faint it is hard to say it is there...a dash of "triple hops" and some sweet malt; some club sodium taste from the carbonation. This hardly counts as flavor. The beer looks extremely carbonated when I first poured in my glass, and is not smooth but kinda prickly on the tongue. I would say it is overcarbonated and MORE FILLING, with less taste that is not that great either, and overall just not that drinkable. Sorry LumberJacks and Jackettes, there is just a lot better choices even if you like lighter, easy drinking beers...

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

I'm a big fan of watching movies for what they are, and I suppose I'll extend this to beer. That's why Miller Lite gets a 4.5 for drinkability. It's like giving McDonald's 4 stars for "eatability". I mean, you know what you're getting into when you drink it.

I had this last evening out of a solo cup (about to be flipped) poured from a vortex bottle that probably had a freshness date somewhere. Appearance was light, with little lacing, but decent head retention. Carbonation was solid and that kept the very light mouthfeel interesting while it went down and my teammates called out profanities at the opposing side. Smell and taste... eh, you don't really come to Miller Lite for that. But there was little smell to speak of, and a very dry taste on the few hops that were present. Other than that, maybe corn? It's like a beer french fry.

We won several games until the party transitioned to pong and Bud Light. That review's on its way.

2.39/5  rDev +10.6%

Presentation: 12oz brown screw cap, Vortex bottle. Left here by my wife's great-aunt. Well, they're not gonna drink themselves. Let's give this one a shot. Date clearly marked.

Appearance: A hard pour out of this new bottle contraption produces a huge soapy head which falls in a minute or two a steady meagre cap. I'm actually kinda surprised it's still there. Crystal-clear light straw beer with fairly high levels of carbonation.

Smell: At first that really goofy sickly sweet/fruity macro aroma. You know the one. Now I'm almost getting the faintest ghost of warm grain, but a swirl brings up the sweetness and funky "off" cheap white wine again. Meh, I tried. A few min of being out in the glass takes this one downhill quickly.

Taste: Dry. That weird macro-like fruitiness. A TOUCH of toasty graininess on the finish is the one positive here. But it's a positive. Unfortunately, the flavors get a bit funky as this warms which is probably why we slammed 'em as quickly as we could back in the day.

Mouthfeel: Light as water

Drinkability: Take me back to the days where I hung out at frats (shudder) and gimme a 12 pack and a coupla hours, provided they were kept on ice.

Conclusion: Better than some in the category, but that's like saying that, compared to Hitler, Manson wasn't that bad of a guy...

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

Awful. This is a beer for poor college students, nothing more. I don't understand how people drink this. But, you probably didn't need an official review to tell you this. I'd rather drink tap water with a lime than drink this stuff. There are better beers for the same cost.

3.87/5  rDev +79.2%

well personally i do think that this is my favorite lite beer out of them all thats why i am ranking it so high. the taste is really light almost to light but if your trying to drink alot of beer with out getting to drunk i think this beer would be smart to lean on.

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%

Pours a straw yellow color with a thin white head and zero lacing.
Smells of some vague adjunct corn, fake malt, something. Tastes a little sweet from malt and somewhat bitter from some hops somewhere. Mouthfeel is very thin. Very low drinkability. Don't waste your time on this one.

1.22/5  rDev -43.5%

Had to try to vortex bottle. My theory: we, beer geeks, are responsible for the abomination called the vortex bottle. We talk cascade hops and chocolate malts and ABV, and it all sounds to frat boys like the teacher on Charlie Brown. The vortex bottle gives them a response: "Oh yeah? Mine pours down my throat even faster than yours, dude!" Truly, I've had worse. But those bad beers didn't kill a tiny piece of my soul too.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.