Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
clemtig76

South Carolina

2.5/5  rDev +16.3%

12 brown bottle with pull date of 04/09/07. Pours out a pale, light golden yellow. Artifical fizzy white head that doesn’t last long with minimal lacing. The smell is of cereal grains, mostly corn. Light corn taste with a very little in the way of hop bitterness. Off flavors develop as the beer warms. This beer was made to be pounded down quick, not savored.

01-27-2007 15:29:32 | More by clemtig76
Hibernator

2.33/5  rDev +8.4%

Miller Lite
12 oz brown bottle
Jet ink # on the bottle - 03267 050103
Served in a pilsner glass

Pours a light golden yellow with mini carbonation bubbles that race to the top of the glass. A sudsy bone-white head forms on top and then transforms to a thin lacing.

As with most other beers in the style, the nose is lacking. Whiffs of corn sweetness.

Light & fizzy come to mind after my first sip. Hints of grains and corn nibblets. Flavors of cereal grains and bran with just a touch of honey sweetness.

Nothing special here, as most already know by now. Probably one of the better light macro lagers. There is a semblence of pilsner characteristics, but hardly a "true pilsner beer". For what it's worth, I'd take this over a Bud Light if those were the only two options.

01-24-2007 23:09:25 | More by Hibernator
kimcgolf

Georgia

2.42/5  rDev +12.6%

This was the same as all other highly advertised BMC’s. Aroma is grainy, flavor is bland and palate is stale. Cheap and tolerable when it’s served very cold, and there is nothing else available, but needs to be avoided if other decent, non-BMC choices,. If I I have to drink a hgihly marketed "light" beer, I’ll stick with Amstel.

01-17-2007 03:04:23 | More by kimcgolf
cameraman

Kentucky

1.1/5  rDev -48.8%

A friend of mine drinks this constantly, and wanted me to review it, he was not to happy what he read. It is a pale yellow color with a pillowy white head an inch and a half high, that disappates quickly away. A light floral aroma can be smelt, but nothing else is very present in the scent. The taste, what taste, there has to be more flavor in a bottle of water than this, wait there is some bitterness. No, its gone, no wait its back, now its gone, okay the flavor is schizaphranic. A very thin and watery mouthfeel, with alot of carbonation, I mean alot. Man, my friend drinks alot of this stuff, is almost afraid to try a beer I want him to try. This must be security blanket or something for him, because I can't get one bottle down and somtimes I wonder how he does.

01-12-2007 03:39:24 | More by cameraman
Musky

Wisconsin

2.7/5  rDev +25.6%

Beer pours a golden color that has a nice head with tight beaded bubbles that are quick to recede. Not much a hop aroma nor does it have much malt character which is within style. Has a watered down taste, but all in all if you are looking for a cheap beer for a hot summer day it will do in a pinch.

01-10-2007 00:10:51 | More by Musky
BeerSox

Out of a can into glass.

Clear light yellow, watered down. Spotty lacing.

Very light grain scents.

Mostly water, some huskyness. Light bodied clean finish with a little grain. Highly carbonated.

It is what it is, goodfor someone watching their calories and doesn't like a lot of flavor.

01-04-2007 03:26:58 | More by BeerSox
JohnnyM2002

Maryland

2.2/5  rDev +2.3%

Sampled from a 12 oz can, poured into a pint glass right out of the fridge.

OK to start - I'm not going to give it all 1's just because it's a macro..that gets old. I'm reviewing it because I was talking about BA to a friend of mine and he asked me to drink one and review it aloud to him, the same way I would any other beer. Just wanted to get that out of my system.

A - Poured a clear pale yellow that almost looked like it had green highlights along the sides of the glass. A medium head that quickly vanished. A good amount of carbonation.

S - A little grain in the background, but mostly a sour smell. Not overly pungent or anything, just a little musty.

T - It's not necessarily terrible...I don't think I've ever described Taste like that before! A bit on the sour side, and no real flavors jump out. Some pale yeast/grain in the background, but that's about it.

M - Not as bubbly as it appeared in the pour, but a little carbonation left. Definitely goes down easily.

D - Drinkable for me as a session beer? No. But for the person who enjoys light lagers, this would probably fit right in. Definitely goes down like soda, but I suppose that would qualify as a drinkable beer for the category. So I can't really attack SABMiller because they're putting out what their customers want.

01-02-2007 20:46:09 | More by JohnnyM2002
Daytripper42

Mississippi

I had one of these for the first time in years the other day. Now I remember how bad it is.

I wouldn't drink this swill again if it was the only thing available. I can't even think about drinking this without getting a headache, especially on draft.

It's like three quarters water, one quarter beer. It smells almost as bad as it tastes. I have a friend who drinks this stuff religiously. Every time I go to his house, he offers me one, and every time he does, I politely refuse it.

12-21-2006 05:13:06 | More by Daytripper42
Risser09

1.08/5  rDev -49.8%

Ice cold, 12 oz bottle poured into an American Pint glass

Appearance: 1 Inch head with mild retention. Very small bubbles, completely transparent. Some lace left on the sides of the glass.

Smell: Barely any. Some alcohol and sweetness. Small amounts of malt.

Taste: Ugly. Worse than the Coors Lite I just reviewed. Completely flavorless with an awful bitter taste. Another swallow reveals...NOTHING. No flavor at all. are my tastebuds dead?

Mouthfeel: Carbonation attacks the mouth and dies immediately. Watery. Desolate.

Drinkability: If watery beer is your thing, have at this one. If you want to drink 15 to get buzzed and have to piss every 5 minutes, drink on. Not worth buying.

12-17-2006 22:13:40 | More by Risser09
tempest

2.13/5  rDev -0.9%

One of the better macro light beers, but that isn't saying much. All Miller Lite really has going for it is that it's easy to pound and the taste is inoffensive. Has almost no smell or taste except for that of grainy sugar water. I really couldn't muster more than a glass of this.

12-03-2006 16:17:45 | More by tempest
ewurm

OK, go ahead and pour it in a glass. I poured pure terror. I am terrified by urine. Head gone instantly. Smells like a corn field, and a hangover. Taste is like corn mixed with water, alcohol, and carbon dioxide. Feels like water in your mouth, maybe a bubble will sneek up on you. Finish makes you want scope. Drinkability is less than zero. If I come to your house and you offer me this, don't let the screen door hit me in the ass on the way out.

11-26-2006 03:18:09 | More by ewurm
jmbranum

Oklahoma

1.58/5  rDev -26.5%

16 oz. can bought while in San Antonio

Pours a very pale yellow with a small white head.

Flavor is pretty macro. Some malt flavor, but not much. The beer would be much better if they had included a bit of a hop bite. Funky aftertaste.

Drinkable only if very cold or at the end of the night if you are wanting to stay drunk.

11-18-2006 07:07:05 | More by jmbranum
mnesporov

2.6/5  rDev +20.9%

Presentation: 24oz can with no freshness date to be found.

Appearance: Pale straw yellow with a fine marble white head with little to no lacing that dissipated quit quickly.

Smell: A hint of grain’s and a very clean aroma to it.

Taste: A little bit lemony with a hoppy bitterness that balances each other out. But the taste of processed corn and grains isn’t appealing at all.

Mouth-Feel: Light crisp feeling that leaves a dry mouth-feel.

Drink-Ability: A very light beer that I do not recommend on drinking when there are so many great beers to drink other than this.

11-15-2006 15:34:05 | More by mnesporov
Byeast

2.25/5  rDev +4.7%

This ole brew pours a fizzy yellow , bit of lacin , and head comprised of large white bubbles. The smell is very thin and , some hints of grain, adjunct. Taste is also a watery , light corny/ ghost grain flavor. Crisp carbonation and a clean (but boring) profile make it easy drinking under the sun at a nascar race , but its just a below average light swill beer. It is better than mich ultra , but thats not saying much.

11-13-2006 07:28:58 | More by Byeast
maddogruss

2.6/5  rDev +20.9%

Good switch off from Coors Light in case you want to switch it up during you're drinking. If out with friends at a local bar where this is served, will go for it sometimes. When poured, develops a decent head without a too impressive smell. Tastes slightly sweeter than Coors Light and very watery. Very carbonated so harder to drink, but still an overall decent beer.

11-06-2006 03:20:43 | More by maddogruss
Adamthome1

Nebraska

2.42/5  rDev +12.6%

Poors from a wide mouth 16 oz can a pale, watered down yellow. I can hardly detect the kind of smell typical of light macro, but it's grainy and doesn't really get me excited about what I'm going to shortly taste. Taste hits the back of the mouth quick and is mostly corny and as I look down at the glass I can't help but imaginaing a corn cobb based on taste and appearance. All an all a lack of lingering aftertaste makes it superior than most of it's peers.

I chose over bud light any day, and Coors Light above Miller Lite.

11-01-2006 17:43:20 | More by Adamthome1
KFaulkner

1.8/5  rDev -16.3%

It's Miller Lite; what do you think?

Had one at a friend's house; my first Miller Lite in over a year. I drank this beer quite a bit in college and chose it at the bar when my only other choices were Bud and Coors. Now, I don't go unless there's other choices.

10-28-2006 22:37:39 | More by KFaulkner
Schwarzbart

2.38/5  rDev +10.7%

Appearance: Light yellow and very clear with a small amount of lacing.

Smell: The typical lite lager smell with a popcorn note.

Taste: Not much more taste than the typical lite lager, but there is a popcorn note. Unfortunately, the beers aftertaste got worse as I finished the beer or else it wouldn't have been too bad.

Mouthfeel: Smooth and light finish.

Drinkability: I usually end up drinking these when I'm on vacation with friends for the purpose of getting drunk and only after my beer is all gone. This is actually where this beer came from.

10-27-2006 23:58:39 | More by Schwarzbart
treehugger02010

A solid macro. I split a pitcher with two buddies. For a macro it wasn't bad. There wasn't much head from the pour, but it actually looked like it had a fair about of head in the pitcher, with a very good amount of retention (meaning that if I order a macro). No lace at all. Don't drink and review.

10-23-2006 02:02:40 | More by treehugger02010
deebo

4.33/5  rDev +101.4%

One of the best light lagers in the US market, much better overall then other mass produced beers.

A=A yellowish-brown color with a frothy head that dissipates quickly (much darker than the other big American brewers light beers-coors, bud)

S=Decent barley aroma with a touch of hops, aroma volatiles are a little stronger then most light lagers

T=For a light beer it has a good "beer" flavor, not a watered down taste at all, very consistent taste

M=High levels of carbonation, very low viscosity

D=This is a beer you can drink all night without getting sick of it.

10-13-2006 13:55:49 | More by deebo
barefootbrewer

Mississippi

2.3/5  rDev +7%

Well, this has been in my fridge for a while after a party I had - so I figured what the hell....let's see how it rates. It poured a very clear pale yellow with a thick head that fell quickly. The smell is faint and slightly skunky. The taste is very mild and a bit uninteresting. The mouthfeel is very thin. The drinkability of this is fair, not exciting, but it does go down.

10-13-2006 01:06:16 | More by barefootbrewer
Neehan

2.2/5  rDev +2.3%

A weak yellow with minimal head and lacing. The word minimal also describes other aspects of this beer.

Smells of cheap grains and hops.

The taste is also minimal with a lingering smoky flavor. Smokiness is nice in some beers but unfortunately not in this one because it is paired with little else.

Mouthfeel is heavily carbonated, and not much to go with it.

The taste improves the more you drink, but why??

10-11-2006 03:04:49 | More by Neehan
williamherbert

2.58/5  rDev +20%

I have always considered Miller Lite to be a cut above the other domestics. Maybe it's that they have the better commercials, maybe it was that one debaucherous night in Milwaukee. I'm not sure. But I have always had a soft spot in my heart for all the Miller products. So I am now going to critique it from a non-sentimental perspective. I'm sorry, Miller, if I am harsh.

The clear straw-yellow color is bubbly and light (or should I say "lite"). The amount of foam on the top leaves a surprising amount of lace, but not sure how long it will last. [Note: the lacing of the foam is very slight, but at least it's something.]

The smell is malty. Has that American Macro rice aroma. Not very impressive really.

I am pretty sure the beer is fresh, but it has a skunked, musty flavor to it. Like it's been sitting in room temp for a while. There is virtually no aftertaste.

Is very light, but doesn't go down as easy as I would like. It is light and should be smooth, but the carbonation dances a little too much on the palate. A little too fizzy for my liking. It's watery, yet seltzery. If it were a night of cheap pitchers, I could probably knock quite a few of these back. As for enjoying at home, better to pick up something else.

10-05-2006 22:45:10 | More by williamherbert
EveL

1.27/5  rDev -40.9%

Serving was a 12oz can.

Appearance - Yellow like that stuff that come out... well you know where. Wins a bonus point considering the effervescence is the most excitement you will get out of this package.

Smell - Metallic and cabbage once you get close enough.

Taste - Boiled cabbage and other vegetables. A corny aftertaste is the only redeemer here but it's still not pretty.

Mouthfeel - It's like a crappy soda water with some funky off flavors.

Overall - Drink and swallow. Letting things linger in the mouth just tend to make this unpleasant experience even worse.

09-18-2006 05:28:48 | More by EveL
atigerlife

Hawaii

1.7/5  rDev -20.9%

Poured a light golden with a small head that dissipated quickly. Small amounts of carbonation can be seen rising.

Not much aroma. Some sweet corn, adjuncts and light citrus at the end.

Taste was not good. Sweet malts and again some very light citrus. Some light bitterness. The biggest taste impression was that it was fake or "off."

Mouthfeel was light, not cleansing.

Overall, this is not drinkable. The bad taste just wouldn't get me to try more. There are better light lagers out there.

09-15-2006 23:43:14 | More by atigerlife
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.