Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.3/5  rDev +6.5%

Appearence: Pale and light. No suprise really.

Smell: A light aroma. What you would expect from a beer of this quality. Not really much there.

Taste: Light taste. Finishes really dry. You can taste the corn but it's just a water like and highly carbonated.

Feel: Not much of a feel at all for the most part. Bubbly but essentiallity carbonated water is the feel.

Drinkability: It's not the worst beer ever. It is what it is. A light and pale beer of little quaility.

2.88/5  rDev +33.3%

Matt's afternoon of free American Adjunct lager beers continues. Served in a can.

Beer is clear and yellow, large bubbles make up the steady carbonation, no real head at all, no lacing.

Aroma is barely there at all. Some grains....maybe.

Beer is thin but has some flavor to it. No alcohol but some grain and the carbonation fill it out slightly. I'm not going to say its a great beer but I've had worse. I've had worse craft beer honestly. Its just boring and simple and bland.

2.45/5  rDev +13.4%

My brother bought the new home draft kit so I got to try it without having to buy it. Sweet!

Poured from the tap into my pint glass the beer is crystal clear golden yellow. Lots of tiny bubbles swim to the top of the glass. A full three fingers of stark white head fill the top of my pint. Decent retention amd lace left behind. You can't argue with the apperance on this beer. Text book light lager.

The aroma is very light. Just a hint of the "triple hops". Mostly adjuncts but very muted all around.

The flavor is even more muted than the nose. The signiture bitter bite that lite has along with the adjuncts.

The mouthfeel is super smooth. I assume this is a bi product of the CO2. If that's what they shooting for they nailed it. It's super thina nd watery which does not surprise. Just thin and smooth.

Overall lite has always been beer flavored water in my book. This does nothing to change my opinion. However I could see people really enjoying this method of delivery. It makes a super easy drinking beer even more so.

2.8/5  rDev +29.6%

Ok. So I am reviewing this beer based on the style and not on personal preference.

A: Clear yellow color with a white foam head. Just like every other macro-produced light beer.

S: Smells like corn and other adjuncts. Again, just like every other light beer.

T: Tastes like water with a little beer mixed in. Just like all the other light beers but maybe with a little more beer.

M&D: This style of beer is for those who really don't want to taste their beer too much. They want refreshment and drinkability after work or after mowing the lawn. This beer delivers. How can I knock it or give it too low of a review for delivering what most of America and the rest of the world wants. Will I personal drink it? Not much. But I know many who do and enjoy it with all their might. Cheers to them.

2.3/5  rDev +6.5%

Pours a very pale, fizzy yellow with huge bubbly white head. Head falls to crap. Thin lace.

Typical adjunct lager smell. Mild hops and metallic.

Light flavor of corn and malt. Bit tinny. Mild sweetness in the finish.

Thin, watery and bubbly in the mouth.

Not great. It's better than Bud Light but is that really saying anything?

3.3/5  rDev +52.8%

Out of the top 3 light domestics, (Bud, Coors, Miller) this is my favorite. That's not saying too much, but I choose it unless something else is on sale.

It is what it is. I don't open one of these when I want to kick back and relax. I have plenty of these when I'm up and having a good time.

2.63/5  rDev +21.8%

Miller Lite, I am not ashamed to say, is my goto light adjunct beer. I define Light as less than 100 cal/serving.

I am not saying that Miller Lite is a good beer. Miller Lite serves one purpose only - drinking to get drunk. Taste and appearance are secondary.

Anyway, Miller released a new CO2 powered home tapper plastic keg. I picked one up and gave it a try. Miller Lite is always a bit better served on tap than in a can or bottle, and here the home tapper delivers.

I agree with every other reviewer on tasting notes. I think Miller Lite is more drinkable than other lite beers though. If you have a plate of habanero hot wings in front of you, or are hanging out at a barbecue in the heat, ML can hit the spot. It fits a niche for me now, unlike my college days when it was always in stock.

1.3/5  rDev -39.8%

A - Color reminds me of urine when I'm dehydrated. No head retention whatsoever, no lacing. I can't think how it could look any worse.

S - Nothing offensive, there's really just nothing there. A touch of corn as it warms.

T/M - Hard to get a taste from this beer while the liquid is still in my mouth due to the extremely high carbonation. A touch of corn, then lingering skunky hops leave a disgusting taste and mouthfeel. Body is water-thin. Feels like highly carbonated water that scrapes across the entire palate.

D - Low abv, light body, the potential is there to drink a lot of these, but its surely not based on its taste. Triple hops brewed? Really?

3.53/5  rDev +63.4%

Appearance: Average-looking beer. A bit more lively than Bud Light, maybe not as much foam. Definitely looks less carbonated.

Smell: Smells a bit malty. I can also sense some hops. One of the most neutral smells out there.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Very smooth, crisp, and clean. Tastes fairly hoppy. Decent carbonation without tasting like soda water.

Drinkability: Probably the easiest light macro to drink.

Overall: Miller Lite ranks as the best light macro beer due to its subtle hoppiness and lack of skunked qualities.

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

The appearance is the best feature of this brew... Arrives a pale yellow with a very thin fizzy head... Clear as a bell with quite a bit of active carbonation...

Very strange metallic aromas coming off of this one mix with a light toasted graininess... Rather unappealing... Maybe a little floral hops but not much a all...

Grainy toastiness up front which quickly fades into a metallic aftertaste with lots of fizziness and corn flavors... Very thin and watery mouthfeel, almost feels lighter than water if that were possible..

A favorite of many Joe Six Packs but I don't like this one at all.. I like beer with some flavor..

2.48/5  rDev +14.8%

I really only review macros when they have some special memories to them. This one used to be my go to beer. I would prefer to drink this back before I discovered craft beer. This beer is pretty annoying. They use all kinds of terms that real beer use. They bastardize these terms. Using claims like "great pilsner taste" and "triple hops brewed".

A- Thin, loosely formed white head fizzes up and fades away like 7-up. The beer is crystal clear, barely yellow. Some active effervescence created by my pilsner glass.

S- Sweet and malty, but not in a good way. This might be one of the best smelling macros though. There even is a slight hint of floral hops.

T- Again, sweet and malty. Corn, rice and thats about it. Hops dont really exist. There is a faint, faint floral finish but thats it.

M- Water. Bubbly water.

D- I always rate drinkablility high for these beers. Not filling, goes down like water. I guess Ive been trained to stomach beers like this.

2.33/5  rDev +7.9%

I'm new to this site and hope my findings help others out. =]

A- pale, almost clear, yellow, with little to no head.

S- a corny alcoholic scent, almost nutty

T- Tollerable, but nothing more than that. It tastes like tonic water, stale hops, and corn.

M- Moderate to severe carbination, like a beer flavored soda.

D- It goes down like water, but theres no enjoying this beer.

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

Serving glass: Poured from can into clear plastic glass.

Appearance: Clear, light gold with wispy white head.

Smell: Corn, sweet graininess.

Taste: Sweet grain, corn, and a slight detection of spicy hops.

Feel: High carbonation, light body, funny light beer finish.

Drinkability: Despite being boring, it is easy to drink, so probably deserves a 2.5. But when a brewer throws around BS terms such as "triple hopped brewed" and "true Pilsner", it just annoys me, so it gets docked extra.

2.68/5  rDev +24.1%

I guess its important to keep in mind style when reviewing a beer like this, and the truth is Miller Lite isn't a bad light beer - in fact its the best of the Big 3 to my palate - particularly out of the bottle.

Appearance is golden straw with bright white thin bubbly head. Nothing too exciting here. Nose is like metallic straw, not bad, but nothing positive. To me, below a 2 is something that smells gross, otherwise its just not good.

Taste is like watered down beer - very watery, a little hoppy, dry alcohol. Definitely a significant amount of corn here. Mouthfeel has the dryness and the watery body. Definitely drinkable...if not exceedingly enjoyable.

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

Pours a pale yellow with a small white head that dissipates quickly leaving very little lacing.

Smells slightly of grain and corn.

Tastes like water with grain and corn added.

Mouthfeel is very much like water and highly carbonated.

Not very drinkable after the first sip, doesn't make you want more...but I'd drink free one on a hot summer day/at a party.

2.15/5  rDev -0.5%

look: I drank it from a keg. it was an average looking keg, although I only saw the top as it was sitting in a garbage bin of ice.

Smell: The basement was dark, damp, and rank of skunk beer. Also, one of the guy holding me was wearing sweat pants, so he may not have showered that day.

taste: I can't say I was impressed by the taste, but then again I'm not sure I recall tasting much of anything. It could be that I was caught up in the moment or because it lacked flavor.

M - The tapper felt weird in my mouth. I'm not use to that.

D - Surprisingly easy to drink. Again, this may be because I was caught up in the moment, or because I swore I was drinking water. Either way, I was able to drink it for over 32 seconds (the crowd was kind enough to keep count) while being held upside down, so I have to give it a good drinkability score.

*tounge in cheek review

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%

I try not to prejudge beers, but with 'lights' and 'ices' I find myself doing so despite myself.

My dad works as a bartender. Tonight I stopped by his bar after work (late at night). He had mistakenly given someone a miller light when they had asked for a budlite. I was going to pick on him about it, but as he went to grab her the beer she had requested he instead grabbed and opened another miller lite. I saw what he was doing and said four times that he had grabbed a miller light but he didn't hear me. I was like rainman on that shit; "that's a miller. that's a miller. that's a miller." But he opened it anyway and realized his mistake as he was handing it to her.

So I teased him about that for most of the night but at the end of the evening he had two opened miller lights in the cooler and offered me one... I was out of money, so why not? Ended up he wouldn't drink the other one so I had to drink it for him to.

The first one I didn't taste much at all. Might be that I still had heineken on the palate or it might be that it just didn't have any flavor; but by the second time I the miller taste kicked in and depressed the shit out of me.

It was barely any color at all, like an underdyed yellow easter egg; and had a thin and quickly receding white head. Smelled like hardly anything but vaguely like a lager that had been spilled the day before and no one had cleaned it up quite yet.

The taste wasn't there for most of the two beers, on the second I started to feel bland malts and stale hops. The moment the taste registered it became difficult to finish. But I dind't want my dad to feel that he had wasted the beer so I took the rest of it down.

I've heard people say that some beers are like drinking water but I never understood it until today. This was like drinking a very stale water.

Pours a light yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

3.75/5  rDev +73.6%

Out of all the light American beers I like Miller lite the most. It has a nice color, really smooth when ice cold. Its great for tailgating and just hanging out with friends and knocking a few back. My second choice would be Coors lite. But I would recomend this beer for anyone looking for a good like domestic beer.

1.75/5  rDev -19%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

12oz bottle. Well, I'd call this one just about average for a light lager. This is actually the best of the Big 3 light beers, which is sort of like saying that Scottish terrier crap is the best tasting variety of dog crap. Wait, what is this? "Triple-hops brewed" with a "great pilsner taste?" If I'm rating to style, I've got this all wrong! This beer is obviously intended to be a world-class pilsner with a prominent hop character. With that in mind, let's do this, shall we?

Very pale yellow color, white head. Somewhat fizzy and soda-like.

Aroma? What aroma? Did my nose suddenly fail me? Oh...it must be that faint corny smell. A little sweet grainy malt as well. Not being terribly offensive saves this from a 1.0. Where are the hops?

Lots of corn in what little flavor there is. Pilsner? Not even close. The massive hop additions they claim seem to have brought this beer to about a whopping 10 IBUs. Less taste, less filling.

Watery and light on the palate. Not nearly as clean and crisp as a great pilsner.

Drinkable? Sure, but so is water. My overall impression on this beer though is not a very good one. This was review number #666 for me, which is appropriate, because this beer is, in the words of Bobby Boucher's mom on "The Waterboy," "The devil!"

1.9/5  rDev -12%

12oz can to pint glass.
Light straw color. Small head with little retention. Smell is corny, skunky, a little musty. Tastes of corn and metal. Pretty watery finish. Over carbonated. Not very drinkable for a light lager. Below average beer. At least it's low on carbs.

2.08/5  rDev -3.7%

Bright and clear, very light color. Head formation and retention was poor, with the bright white cap fizzling out in a hurry, leaving only a few traces on top and a thin ring around the edge.

Generic "beer" smell. More aroma than I wish there was. It comes through pretty strong. Really musty, like beer that had been sitting out overnight. Sour notes. Not even a whiff of hops.

Well, I prefer this to Bud Light. That's probably the best that can be said. With the "triple hops brewed" slogan, one might expect to at least be ready for some hops. Alas, nothing. It's really incredibly watery and finishes very clean. Light grain, not much sweetness. Doesn't taste too adjuncty. It's clean.

It's very light. Kind of fizzy, but not exceptionally so, as it's not straight out of the can or bottle.

This is really not very appealing at all. It is indeed a light lager, so it should be the kind of thing I could chug down, but there are too many unappealing aspects. I might even be being a little kind with the score. It's bad, but it's more or less to style. Beyond the first few ounces, it starts to get so boring

2.4/5  rDev +11.1%

A - Light straw gold with a good sized white, foamy head. Decent retention but little lacing left.

S - Light and clean. Grain and corn with a little hop smell.

T - Sweet corn and grain taste along with faint hop bitterness. A little mineral taste at the end.

M - Light and good carbonation. Crisp.

D - Easy to drink and refreshing. Similar to most beers of the style. Easy to drink and refreshing but not a great tasting beer.

Notes: Similar to most Macros. Not bad for a light lager and it has its place, but not really anything to drink.

2.25/5  rDev +4.2%

A light beer with an average tase. I had this in a bottle and, at the time, was very refreshing. There is nothing bad about this beer, it just gets old very quickly. Compare this to Busch Light but with more flavor and less drinkability. Better than most light beers.

Cheers!

1.68/5  rDev -22.2%

A: Pale, clear off-yellow with a medium white head.

S: Adjunct malts; I detect mostly corn. Not much else.

T/M: This has probably the most off-putting steamed-in-the-bag frozen vegetable taste I have ever encountered in a beer. This is followed by corn malts and just the slightest astringent hop bite, with a watery texture and way too much carbonation for its own good.

D: A BMC, and a low-end one at that. Why do people drink this?

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.