Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.25/5  rDev +4.2%

Had this one from a can and thought I might as well rate it and poured it into a tall pilsner glass.

One finger head, no lacing. Pale yellow.

Aroma is metallic, wet cardboard, sourness

Flavour is more metal, some mild bitterness, adjuncts, dust, wood

Very light bodied, high crisp carbonation

2.4/5  rDev +11.1%

A: Very clear and light yellow. Bubbly head dissipates in seconds.
S: Sour, maybe some copper. Breakfast cereal.
T: Rusty pipes and adjunct grains. Little else.
M: Lighter than water. Loses its fizz shortly after it loses its head.
D: Fit for college drinking games as a lightly-alcoholic beverage. Otherwise, I wouldn't touch it.

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%

Pours a pale yellow with a fluffy head that dies pretty quick. smells like stale pee. The flavor is pretty unique, I'll give it that. Kind of corn, grain, and sweet wheat, no noticable hop flavor other than maybe a slight skunky floral sense in there somewhere. No real bitterness at all, a crisp finish that leaves no flavors behind. It's carbonated ok, lots of bubbles to take away the actual flavor. Once you had a few of these, they could start going down real easy.

3.43/5  rDev +58.8%

A - Pours clear, straw/yellow color with a white, bubbly 1 inch head that leaves no lacing on the glass.

S - Grainy, light beer-like, but with some hint of Pilsner malt.

T - Compared to other light lagers, this has some flavor. Tastes of mild Pilsner malt.

M - Thin, biting carbonation.

D - Tastes great, less filling.

Overall - If I rated this beer solely by comparison to other light lagers of the same class, it would be an A+. So instead, I also considered it's qualities as a beer in general. This is a good beer for what it is. (Whisper) I actually like it quite well. For the number of calories, it has good flavor and it seems to have more body than the others. I think I just changed brands for my "day on the boat" beer or when I just want something lighter.

2.35/5  rDev +8.8%

I never would have thought I'd review this beer. I never even liked beer before getting into craft beers. However, a ghost tour at the famous Bobby Mackey's Country and Western Bar just outside of Cincinnati didn't yield much in the way of beer selection and the waitress more or less insisted we have something to drink while we waited. Oh, why didn't I ask for water? Here we go...If you want to know about the ghosts, you can BM me lol...

Appearance: Hard to tell as they don't have glassware at this location, but I'm pretty sure it's the typical light, fizzy yellow I remember.

Smell: Sticky, stale, crispy malts - light and fizzy.

Taste/Mouthfeel: The taste has slight hints of light and crispy malts, fizzy water and a slightly hoppy finish. No alcohol is detectable. Mouthfeel is pretty highly carbonated.

Drinkability: It's really high if we're neglecting whether or not drinking it is enjoyable. Pass...

2.8/5  rDev +29.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

12 ounce bottle into a pint glass.

A: Pours a very light clear pale blonde color. Head goes away quickly.

S: Nothing really stands out but a dank smell of beer.

T: Taste like a light beer. Hints of some hops and slight bitter flavor. No noticeable distinct flavors, fruitiness or herbals. Aftertaste stays with you but not bitter goes away clean.

M&D: Feels carbonated in your mouth but light as well. The best of the light american lagers to drink on a hot summer day when you need something really light from a beer perspective.

I drink periodically and if the only thing at a party for a beer. Will not drink bud light regardless.

2.28/5  rDev +5.6%

Very tiny head to this. High carbonation overall, looks similar to sparkling grape juice. Smells faintly metallic and sweet, hard to distinguish individual scents. Very bland taste, not offensive, almost has a lager taste...almost. Feels like light champagne on the tongue. Can drink many of these, no problem. Not my first choice, but I won't refuse it when offered either.

2.33/5  rDev +7.9%

King can poured into imperial pint glass. Really don't remember this beer pouring so nice and failing miserably in taste and feel. Thought I'd try it for kicks while I watched NCAA and snacked on some spicy stuff. Looked clear golden yellow - agressive pour resulted in quite a head - decent tighter than alot of macros. Don't see alot of carb action though. Smells clean with a hint of hops tastes of grain and the faintest of hops - not how I recalled from years ago - when this tasted distinctly different from other lights. Anyway the taste and mouthfeel were terrible flat in flavor and feel. Drinkable - mouthfeel even ruined that for me. I'm curious to try this in other forms - I'm thinking it has to be better on tap or my sense of nostalgia has gotten the better of me.

My average review score is too high right now, and we've got another light beer in the house. John McGinley and his 'More Taste League' commercials will now be put to the test. Hoo boy.

Served in a pint glass, poured from a 12 oz. bottle.

A - Pours a urine yellow with a loose, soda head that disappears almost instantly, leaving no bubbles at all. Looks like colored water.

S - smells like metal. Yuck.

T - Perhaps Dr. Cox should be calling it the No Taste League. Miller should be sued for false advertising. I'm tasting corn and maybe a faint suggestion of hops. Not offensive, but not pleasant either.

M - It's like weak soda. No body, just fizz.

D - I guess I could drink a lot of this, but honestly, why would I want to?

Overall - Another crappy light beer. Dr. Cox should stick to his day job. If anything, it's redoubled my resolve to find my father a nice pilsner or something instead of this junk.

2.17/5  rDev +0.5%

A: bright yellow, small head... looked away and now its gone

S: what smell? there is some corn there... I think?

T: Very light and watery, I believe this beer is malted barley and corn, the corn definitely lightens the flavor.

M: clean and crisp

D: If you're lookin to pound a few (and by that I mean like 20) then this is the beer I'd choose. It's definitely better than bud light as far as this style is concerned. It used to be my beer of choice in college... then I tried real beer)

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

This beer is O.K. at best. It is a good beer for drinking one after another or free beer at social outings that beer may not be consumed fully or spilled/wasted. another great use for this almost worthless beer is to use it in such drinking games like beer pong.

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

A-It pours with a rich, foamy white head.

S-Not bad, not good.

T-Tastes a little like beer, watery and carbonated, but it doesn't taste bad, just not very good.

M-You can taste the carbonation right away, but it does not leave a bad taste.

D-I'd drink it again if there was nothing better on hand.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

Appearance: Pale straw-yellow, crystal-clear body with a fizzy bright-white head that recedes quickly and leaves no lacing.

Aroma: Crisp and cidery with a plain, grainy sweetness. There's definitely something funky going on here.

Taste: Very thin flavor profile. Thin, grainy malt with hardly any bitterness from the hops, just some crispness and a bit of fruitiness. Unfortunately, there's a nasty chemical taste lurking around the edges, waiting to grab you. Thin, grainy aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Watery and fizzy, the standard for this style.

Drinkability: On occasion I've been forced to test the drinkability of this beer, and it keeps going down easy for quite a while. But unless you're looking to get drunk, there's no point.

Verdict: Maybe I'm just not "hip to the hops," but this sucks. It's the normal thin and bland profile you'd expect from this style, but with a nasty chemical taste takes it to a new level of shitiness. Firmly behind both Bud Light and Coors Light.

1.38/5  rDev -36.1%

This beer is very popular among women and I can't figure out why? It has a strong irony taste and doesn't taste like a beer should.

It always tastes as if it has been sitting by a furnace for 6 months before you drink it. It is very close to not being able to be drank at all.

2.45/5  rDev +13.4%

Miller Lite
Miller Brewing Co. / SABMiller
Style: Light Lager
ABV: 4.17 %

Reviewed 10/1/08 @ home, bottle>pilsner glass
A 2.0 - very light golden color, 1 finger head - gone quick, noticeable carbonation
S 1.5 - noticeable skunky aroma - this is the Miller Lit trademark in my book! Smells like stale water!
T 3.0 - tastes okay, better than I remember as the smell always turns me off. Tase aloen - mild hoppy-ness, good clean aftertaste
MF 2.0 - crisp, but mainly watery carbonation
D - 2.5 smell is a big turn off for me. Taste is okay, I would drink it for free or if it's the only option.

2.2/5  rDev +1.9%

This pours like you'd expect an american adjunt lager. Pale golden straw color with no head retension or lacing.

Aroma: Well these types of beers I think aren't really meant to be smelled or poured into a glass. These are meant to be consumed directly from the bottle or can. Aroma is of cooked corn and other grainy smells. No hops. A little bit if funk also.

Taste is bland but not offensive. This was my macro light of choice for a very long time over bud light and coors light.

Mouthfeel is overyly fizzy and thin. Overall this is a cheap beer and not worth spending your money on, but if it's the only thing available, I'm drinking it.

4.25/5  rDev +96.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A - Clear golden body with one finger of white head that goes away quickly but leaves no lacing

S - Faint malt and wheat mixture

T - Light malt and wheat flavor that is refreshing

M - Medium body with medium carbonation

D - Easy to drink and enjoyable given the right circumstances

4.1/5  rDev +89.8%

Presentation: Tapped

You may not be the biggest fan of American Domestic big name brewers but you cannot doubt the power they have held over the beer market and that is for a reason. If you take a taste test with a draft Miller Lite and a draft Youngs DB Chocolate Stout, you would be surprised at how tasty that Miller Lite actually is, when paired together on tap. It is supreme in it's drinkability yet a unique taste of corn/straw/malt lingers and quickly diminishes after each sip. I enjoy this beer as a session beer anytime of the year. Unlike with Bud Light and Corona where I can not just pop one open.. Well I would need a lime to take the Corona - And if beer pong or flip cup are in play, then Bud Light has a chance of consumption on my part.

So back to this Miller Lite:
Smell is of corn and malt.

Mouthfeel is slightly carbonated with punchy hints of barley and a slight tinge of corn again - And the corn is growing on me! Ever since I saw Field of Dreams I've wanted to live and co-habitate in corn fields; as well I've wanted to live in a forrest with Eiwoks and cruise on hover boards in a future time zone...but that is for another day.

This Lite beer is not a LIGHT beer it is a little bit different and it's golden flow is pristine. Feel the crispness sooth your need for a lite and fulfilling beer, just as Youngs DB Choc. Stout fulfills the need for it's own purpose.
Appearance: A golden god. But if I had my choice, which I do, I would go past Miller Lite and onto the High Life, especially when taking the 12 pack.

And if I was in a different store ready to spend, I might even move onto a craft/micro brew of choice with a similar golden light feeling but perhaps with some more hop twist involved: see: Prima Pils from Victory Brewing or the Lagunitas Pils.

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

My favorite light beer. I have been through many of these in the last few years of being at school. Miller Lite is a light yellow color and a very small head which dissolves very quickly. The smell is that of most light beers. The beer tastes very watery and carbonation is the most apparent quality. Mouthfeel is very thin and watery. Like I said, it's my favorite light beer, but that's not saying much. Good for college kids on a budget who don't want natty, but other than that I would say get something else. A good football game brew.

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

Appearance: Poured a pale light yellow, crystal clear. Minimal white bubbly head diminishes to nothing immediately. Ample carbonation present.

Smell: Bitter and sour corn nose. No sweetness, no hops, no nothing. Very bland, bordering on offensive

Taste: Tastes incredibly watered down with little flavor. Corn and grain, with nothing else but a bitter bite.

Mouthfeel: Light-bodied, but thicker than I was anticipating. Carbonation makes it a bit tingly and overly filling.

Drinkability: Basically, this is a party beer. Cheap, and smooth enough to drink a lot of at a time. Not many other situations to drink this though.

3.58/5  rDev +65.7%

I'm pretty sure that everyone looking at this knows about this beer, so I won't go into great detail. Yeah, its completely clear and devoid of any fullness in the nose or taste. But, it doesn't taste offensive, in my opinion, the taste is rather good given the lack of complexity. Its carbonation is just right to create a refreshing mouthfeel, and we all know that nothing could stop you from drinking these all night if you put your mind to it.
My favorite BMC, hands down.

2.17/5  rDev +0.5%

No need to write down a description for each category for this beer. Overall, to me at least, this is a beer you drink if you plan on having quite a few because I don't get full drinking it. To me it is not nearly as good of a taste as heavier beers and it leaves the mouth dry after going down. Looks just like any other light beer.

2.45/5  rDev +13.4%

16 oz can poured into pint glass.

Pours a one finger bright white head. Head fizzles down quickly. Color is a clear straw yellow.

The aroma is kind of grassy and grainy. There is also a slight corn smell. Taste is basically the same. Very bland, can't get to much out of it.

Mouthfeel is very crisp, but then mellows down. Goes down easy with a dry aftertaste. This beer seems undercarbonated.

Overall, this is nothing stunning or good. I received this at a party and thought I would give it a shot and throw a review up on it. Nothing I would every buy.

3.6/5  rDev +66.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I'd have to say this has been my 30-pack session beer for several years now. One thing I can say is this beer has never bitten me on the back end, even with many servings in a session. My rating is for within its categery - light lager or light pilsner. Speaking of pilsener, I'd rather have one of these than a Pilsner Urquell (sp?). Pours a nice golden color for a light beer, and actually has some taste to it. Cheers!

2.6/5  rDev +20.4%

If you are going to a sporting event and want to drink 30 beers in a sitting, Miller Lite is for you.

I drank tons of Miller Lite in college, at Phillies games, Eagles games, pretty much any sporting event. It is also good for beer pong, asshole, etc. Basically if you want some serious volume, Miller Lite is for you.

There is a time and place for Miller Lite, and it can be quite refreshing. However, if you are looking to have a beer or two, get something better.

For the record, I do like Miller Lite and support it. AND, it is better than Bud Light.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.