Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.9/5  rDev +34.3%

I'm not a fan of this beer at all, but this weekend my friends wanted to split some beer, and I know they wouldn't want to drink Pabst,so we agreed on Miller Lite.

The look was yellow straw color, not much foam in this beer. Smells like water, grains, and metal. Taste like water or watered down beer. Feels like it tastes easy feel, nothing bad about this beer. Drinkability very easy to pound a case of this beer. So if you are up for a long night of drinking get some of these in you.

1.15/5  rDev -46.8%

A. Served on tap at a local sports game. Appeared straw yellow with some head.

S. Smells like corn, thats about it.

T. Once again a slight corny twang with subtle notes of vomit. Pretty awful.

M. Watery all the way through.

D. Some people pound these, but personally, one was more than enough for me.

4.2/5  rDev +94.4%

Pours super light yellow...it almost looks like soda-ish, like sprite but yellow.
Smells faintly of rice and grain..FAINTLY!
Taste is really light. it's hard to pick out a lot about it, but very clean and refined tasting.
Mouthfeel is light and carbonated nothingness
Drinkability is great...I once drank a 20 pack of these!

Dudes, if your're going out and want to hang for the long haul, you can drink these all night. Great beer for 5 hour sessions. One weird thing is though, the buzz actually seems lighter than with real beers. I like these sometimes. Good for long days at the beach. This beer brings back a lot of memories. I will always go back to it at times. It has it's place and time. I mean, what do you want from a super light macro beer? I'll tell you what i want...Drinkability. I think a bunch of people are not reviewing beers according to the style of the beer. I mean, are you going to sit here and say "This stout is too full bodied"? This beer is brewed to taste like nothing. And thats just what it is. I can't think of a better super light macro beer. Best served BALLS COLD!

2.38/5  rDev +10.2%

Had this one out with friends, figured I'd put down a review. Straw yellow color, with a surprisingly good head, and solid lacing (!). Seriously, I don't get it. Looks like piss with an excellent head. Nose is minor, grain and malt. Taste is likewise, with a touch of skunkiness. Feel is thin, but that's mostly to be expected. Tastes like nothing, no question, but it didn't look bad and you could drink a bunch of them.

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

Served on tap at a local eatery. When our server brought the beer, it had no head and was very cold. The beer is a very light gold, bordering on transparent.

The aroma is of light grain, and maybe a little rice. The taste is almost like beer mixed with sparkling water. All malt, but not strong at all, and no hop presence.

The mouthfeel is again, like that of water. Probably the best of the macro light lager variety, but still almost flavorless. Given the choice I would not order another. However, with all that said, I can still drain quite a few of these when there is nothing else to be found.

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

Appearance: No lacing, pale golden color, head was thick but only with a viscious pour; fades quickly

Smell: Corn Bready, sweat of the working class but is not able to eradicate the intense "Hi! I am a cheap beer, nice to meet you" Smell. Despair. Beer Pong, and carpets after a party.

Taste: Yeasty, dry, cheap beer, actually reminds me of a mexican beer, corn & losing in beer pong.

Mouthfeel: Crisp, easy, good call

Drinkability: Easy to drink, and probably better than most other light domestic lagers.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Bought cans with friends in order to get drunk. I don't like light beer but whatever.

A- Looks like a basic can

S- Smells ok with a bit of wheat

T- Tastes ok with not much flavor but some sweetness

M- Feels good with extra-light body

D- Drinks easy like a light beer should

2.48/5  rDev +14.8%

Had this yesterday in a 16 oz can given to me by a coworker when I was working late.
Served freezing cold (in a paper bag -- cool)
Appearance : thin foamy head that quickly dissipated into a fizz.
Smell : none zip zero smelled like air.
taste: a little bit malty -- no hops that I could detect.
mouthfeel : suprisingly good for a beer this light.
drinkability : pretty good -- that's why it is so popular I guess. I'd rather drink this than water but it's a tossup betwee club soda and Miller light.

1.15/5  rDev -46.8%

Ah the younger brother of Miller. Or as Daniel Plainview says, "You are the bastard of a bastard."
A: Yellow color with a tan head that dissapates quickly.
S: Light grain and yeasts about sums it up.
T: Very light and very grainy. Not much going on here.
M: Light body and over carbonated.
D: Not the worst lager I have ever had, but pretty close. I think I'll have a water.

3.18/5  rDev +47.2%

A- thin 1 finger head that quickly recedes into a thin cap, then nothing. Totally clear straw color.

S- mostly graininess with a touch of skunky hops. Nothing willd...

T- Initially, cloying carbonation but gives way to a dryer grainy finish with a touch of residual yeasty character (banana?). A bit reminiscent of a kolsch, oddly.

M- Carb ins a little cloying but refreshing. A little plain on the finish.

D- I have always turned my nose up to miller lite, but served in a pils glass, at proper temp, this wasn't terrible at all. Easily Sessionable.

2.63/5  rDev +21.8%

So I'm visiting my daughter and son-in-law, it's late in the afternoon and I'm flying home the next day, and I'm out of beer. My son-in-law said I'm welcome to try his favorite beer, so I figured "What the hell. Why not?" This beer is an insipid yellow color with a small head. It has a vaguely sweet aroma, and a vaguely sweet taste. It felt like water. I suppose it's OK for a macro.

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

Poured to a very light yellow with a very white head that had a lot of big bubbles. Head disapeared very rapidly with little to no lacing. Smelled of rice and corn. Not a lot of smell here. The taste was very mild to say the least. Not a lot of flavor going on. Felt a little over carbonated in the mouth. Also like water. Not much body at all. This would make a good lawnmower beer and thats about it. I use to drink these all the time. My how things change.

2.85/5  rDev +31.9%

Good ole Miller Lite-a staple of life down here in South Texas. I will review this to style.

A: Very light yellow gold poured into my frosted mug from a pitcher. Not bad, but not impressive either.

S: What smell? I cant discern anything.

T: Miller lite is very uncomplex as far as taste. Light grains, alcohol, and maybe a hint of a hop? Taste is very light and watery, which is spot on for the style.

M: Very thin, just like a mouthfull of water.

D: Very good! Miller lite doesnt taste bad, and its very refreshing on a hot day (which is almost every day here in South Texas).

I rather enjoy this one too because its not overly expensive.

Prost!

I picked some up as it is all that my relatives drink (why I am not sure) and so I thought that I would finish the last one off in my frig (again, not sure why I felt the need and should have just poured it down the drain). I probably have not had one for the better part of a year or more.

Look: Poured into a pint glass and it gave off a clear pale yellow color that did not retain it head.

Smell: It does not have much of an aroma to it, but one can smell a faint hint of the hops.

T/F/D: The beer is overly carbonated and very watery. Certainly not the taste advertised. The lack of any real flavor makes it very hard to drink. I don't plan on drinking again.

1.85/5  rDev -14.4%

appearance - Clear yellow , this had no head, no bubbles. Looked flat and it was from a tap.

smell - Just grains here, not much.

taste - Lots of grain taste, and a sweet taste at the end.

mouthfeel - Light body

drinkability - I bought this since it was 1.99 bar special. My next glass was a craft beer.
Nothing was going on for this beer. The look was awful.

This, the great icon of the style, may be true to its so-called style, but is less than what a beer should be. Perhaps this product would be better if it were marketed as a 'flavored bottled water product','contact lens solution' or something. As is, Lite, (and many Light Lagers in gereral) are the closest thing to water that is beer. Allegedly.

Award-winning watery lameness;watered-down... as-if-ya-been-drinkin-Lite-all-day-pee color; Off-yellow, and clear.

Precociously decorated with only an essence of an awful, ugly, corny sourness-- and otherwise a near-total absence of flavor, with lots of stinging, belch-inducing bubbles. Copious sweetened metallic somethingnothing--oh, but wait.. with a tinge of cut-off crusts of Wonderbread and an unhealthy dose of marketing dollars!

Lovingly adorned with an ambience of steroid-studly carbonation; ebullient with mediocrity and middle-of-the-road-lame-ass-beerdom; with a whiff of microwave popcorn,factory air conditioning, and chlorinated tap water. Wowee!

Back to it... Lite..."Tastes Great...Less Filling"... uhh, 1)Bullshit and 2)no joke.

Lite= F minus minus. Z-minus...but oh yeh 'water' is 'drinkable'. Pffft!

2.93/5  rDev +35.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

surprisingly, the beer i like the least growing up ends up being the one with the best flavor to me now...

A- clear pale golden yellow with a frothy white head, bad retention, a lace, and rising bubbles.

S- pale malt, corn, ahy toasted grains, cereal, and very soft pear lemon hops.

T- green apple, pear, lightly toasted breakfast cereal taste, dry straw a little bit of citrus hops, and clean finish.

MF- light and fizzy, crisp and clean, a little more body than the others.

D- actually, it's not that bad, i can finish this draft with ease, maybe the frosted mug helps. as a matter of fact, since there's nothing better to drink, i'll order another one.

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Light beers aside this one is not good. Many of my freinds drink it. Why is the question. Light yellow pour little head little taste initally with a lot of after taste. Another over commericalized beer with little taste. Taste not so great...filling ....a who cares...not a good beer. Little flavor litlle color and nothing impressive.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

In the glass it's a light straw yellow color. Light passes through it easily; there isn't a hint of cloudiness or impurities to it. When it was poured it formed an inch thick white head that faded quickly to a patching film on top. There was some lacing, but really not much to speak of.

The aroma has a slight metallic hint to it. It's not because it came from a can. I've drunk enough of this to know that it's like this from a bottle too. The main sent is a mix of grains and bread. The taste is Mild and unoffending. You can taste some malts, but not much. It's pretty watery. There really is no after taste, in fact if you eat anything while drinking this beer that pretty much becomes the flavor and aftertaste of it.

This is a light bodied beer. There isn't much to it. The mouthfeel is like you are drinking a glass of carbonated water.

This is my favorite lite/light beer. I can find it just about anywhere and the flavor is so unobtrusive that I can drink it with anything and not ruin the taste. It's usually my go to beer when I'm in a bar that doesn't have a wide tap selection.

3.05/5  rDev +41.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 5

A - Pours an apple juice color with a two-fingered head slowly dissipating to a transparent malty glaze less than 1mm thick. Decently carbonated - a plethora of bubbles were quickly floating to the top for a good five minutes after I began drinking the beer.

S - Malty. Couldn't really smell many other flavors.

T - Not much bite to it. Just some maltiness and carbonation. Very watery. Almost tastes like you're drinking liquefied corn.

M - Just because it looks like sparkling apple juice doesn't mean it will have the same consistency in thickness. It not only tastes, but also feels, watery, which adds to the "lite-ness" of the beer.

D - The only reason I gave drinkability a 5 is because I consider Miller Lite to be in the "party beer" category (like Yuengling, in my opinion). It's a decent beer to stock up on when having millions of people over to drink (much better than Coors Light or Bud Light). And I could have dozens and dozens and dozens of these without getting full. Well, maybe just one dozen, at most, before passing out in a puddle of my own drunken drool. When I want to get shitfaced with a bunch of friends for an affordable price, I usually pick up a few 18 packs of Miller Lite.

2.4/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Can into pilsner glass.

A - A light golden yellow with almost no head. Lacing also non-existant.

S - Grainy. No real good smell to associate it with, but didnt have a bad smell either.

T - Very grainy and unimpressive. One of the better from the light be genre, but still not great. Very little hop flavor at all.

M/D - Good carbonation but not much else. The price always helps, but I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and enjoy the beer a lot more.

Definitely not a great beer, but for the style, one of the better.

2.35/5  rDev +8.8%

A: Pours a dehydrated urine color with a 1/8 finger head and no retention. Lacing? I think not! It looks like apple juice.

S: Mildly crisp, hint of alcohol, reminiscent of an overripe apple.

T: My tongue is greeted with an explosion of metallic rice/corn flavor. It's a little dry and it's toying with the idea of being mildly bitter but it really hasn't committed to anything yet.

M: Small amount of carbonation, but I could be drinking apple juice mixed with water.

D: Bring it on. It's a refreshing beverage that is so flavorless that it's enjoyable. You don't have to think about this beer, you can just drink it down like a fish...perhaps after losing one's job, a death in the family, on a hot day in July, at the end of a long journey, or after a hard day's work at the mill (stone or flour). Seriously though, I would never turn this beer down.

2.25/5  rDev +4.2%

Miller lights pours a crystal clear light golden yellow with a fizzy white head that quickly fades away. When the head was big I got a little bit of yeast smell on the nose. After the head went away, the smell was straw/corn. The flavor is very light but what is there is a bit of the straw and corn that was also in the nose. The mouthfeel is decent for the style with fizzy carbonation. There is a bit of a sweet aftertaste. Like most light lagers, there isn't much to it, though that is what can make them so drinkable.

The last beer I reviewed was Bud Light and, since everyone likes the compare the two, my thoughts would be that Bud Light has a slightly sweeter flavor with a dryer finish. I would prefer Bud Light, but just barely.

2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

As a mass-produced session beer, it's impossible to avoid its marketing prowess everywhere. This isn't anything special to get excited about.

It's very pale and watery but definitely more golden than Budweiser. There isn't much of an aroma to this beer, nor taste... just watery in your mouth with high carbonation.

Would I recommend it? No. Would I drink it? Only as an absolute last resort if nothing else is available where I am, such as a sporting event. Beer is better than no beer. If I had to choose between Miller Lite or Budweiser, I'd go with Miller.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

It is hard to be objective with this ubiquitous American brew. How do I eschew my preconceptions and experiences with this one?

A: Super pale, but clear. Very light color -- "straw" would be giving it too much,

S: Not too good. Kind of an acidic smell, that I might call crispy if it were a bit more pronounced.

T: Corn. Not much in the way of hops. Bland.

MF: There really is not one

D: Easy to drink, but hey. I have to say this is better than other light beers, though I usually avoid them altogether.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.