Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.03/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Definitely one of the better light macros, but it was wierd grabbing it out of my fridge right next to the Stoudt bottle whose cap read "craft beer." Pours a piss yellow but with a darker core inside the glass. The beer, surprisingly, has an ever so mild hoppy flavor, but there is not much else to it. Very easy to drink because there is not much to it. But it is highly carbonated and will lead to burping.

MuddyFeet, Jan 06, 2005
3.68/5  rDev +71.2%

This is a true American classic. Note, American. This is as domestic as you can get, but when you cannot afford those great expensive beers (or when you get to that point that you cannot tell the taste) this is what you go for. If ever in Milwaukee, I highly recomend the tour of Miller Brewing and the free sample of this beer. The fresh clean taste will make you have a new appreciation.

RyanS107, Jan 03, 2005
1.45/5  rDev -32.6%

12 ounce can. Pours out clear with slight yellow tinge. Unimpressive fizzy white head that doesn’t last long. The smell is rather like soap. Corn taste with a very small amount of hop bitterness. The grain tastes intensify when the beer warms, so if you’re going to drink this, drink it quick. Watery consitency. Not the worst beer out there, as it is too light on flavors to be overly unpleasant. Still, there’s not much going for it.

beveragecaptain, Dec 14, 2004
2.63/5  rDev +22.3%

Okay, today's the 150th anniversary of Miller so why not review Miller Lite today? Actually my wife couldn't finish hers and I couldn't see 18 of her 22 ounces going to waste. I've always enjoyed Miller compared to Coors or Bud Light, perhaps many a college night enjoying this for some reason. No appearance or smell to speak of, but the mouthfeel wasn't too bad tonight. Tried much much worse, but there's so many better options out there. I'm not going to sound like a beer snob this time.

Backer2004, Dec 11, 2004

This beer pours golden/yellow has a two finger head with no retention and no lacing. The aroma has a hint of hops and some corny sweetness. The taste if icy cold is almost nonexistant, but if its at room temp the flavor reminds me of what it would be like to lick the floor of a redemption center. The beer is thin bodied, crisp and clear.

Reflection: I have a friend who's brother works for Miller so every time he's over he brings some crappy beer. I figure I might as well review them if their in the house. This is a quick review Pass on this beer!

Kookiekwan, Nov 28, 2004
2.17/5  rDev +0.9%

Wow, after having one of these for the first time I can honestly say there's less flavor here than Miller High Life.

Fizzy, canary yellow, ML has a bit of head and lace but nothing like its "champagne of beers" brother. There's major corniness on the nose, and well, a lack of anything too substantial to compare to.

The taste of the beer is pretty much like you expect it, watery, slightly grainy/corny, and borderline drinkable. I might go for one of these colder than hell after a round of yard work.

Lacks the disappearing quality of Bud or Coors ... leaves a little lingering "beery" flavor. It's crap, IMO better than the other two Big Boy's "light" beers. If you gotta go cheap, go "High Life".

GreenWBush, Nov 24, 2004
2.65/5  rDev +23.3%

Poured a very pale yellow with a 3 finger head.Head lasted only a few minutes until gone.Smells like typical macrow brew {i think they all smell kinda pukey,esp coors lite}.Taste,, well lack of,, its a very tolerable beer ,not much taste so you cant say its bad . My usual beer if theres nothing worthwhile at the bar. Best thing about this stuff,,no hangovers!

tweeder263, Nov 22, 2004
2.17/5  rDev +0.9%

Well I had some of this because I was with a woman who was on one of those low carb diets and I was trying to remain social.

The beer pours a pale yellow and has a very weak white head on it.

It smelled kind of yeasty.

Taste: Not much.

Mouthfeel: Carbonated, no body to speak of.

Drinkablility: only could bear one pint.

Tried not to be a beer snob, but... life is too short to drink this stuff

Tang07, Nov 14, 2004
1.95/5  rDev -9.3%

Pours a light clear straw piss yellow color with a thin bright white headskie. Tastes like beered down water. Some light sweet adjunct malts are in there, but it's really a weak weakness of flavor overall. But then again, this is a light beer. Not much to the mouthfeel and not so drinkable as it doesn't have many redeming values. Nonetheless, still better than most light american macros I've tried.

scottum, Oct 24, 2004
3.18/5  rDev +47.9%

PLAY BEER!!! (from the football commercials)

Appearance-pale golden color, sort of dirty, medium head that sticks to the glass which surprises me.

Smell- Faint alcohol is present, corn, maybe a little cabbage, it will do.

Taste-smooth, easy to put down, pretty flavorful, aftertaste could be better but for a light beer not bad at all.

Mouthfeel-aftertaste needs work, while its in your mouth though its enjoyable.

Drinkability-its a light beer, and a good one at that, you should have no problem drinking another, and another, and another.

Overall-this beer works, not a bad light beer in any regard. I think it's better than Coors Light, which I found ok so I would have no problem drinking this anytime. Not quite up to my favorite light lager Michelob Light but solid nonetheless. PLAY BEER!

TheDeuce, Oct 13, 2004
2.35/5  rDev +9.3%

You know, I had low hopes for this beer going in. It was the pitcher special, so who could go wrong with cheap pitchers? Let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised, it surpassed my current macro expectations.

Pours piss yellow. Smells like skunk, alcohol and wheat. Your basic macro. Tastes like wheat and alcohol, smoother than I expected. Better than Bud should be their slogan. I'd get this again.

aquatonex, Oct 08, 2004
1.58/5  rDev -26.5%

My buddy had a party last night and he ended up gettin a half barrel of none other than Miller Lite. So, not being one to turn down a keg and not wanting to seem snobbish enough to bring my own personal beer, I drank it for the night.

Taste seems to be a little crisper out of the keg...but again there really is nothing to this brew. Thankfully, it was smokey as hell in his place so I couldn't really taste anything anyhow. It was decent for the night and it goes down like water...just with a little added color and carbonation...

orbitalr0x, Oct 04, 2004
2.5/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not a great beer but definitely a beer that I can sit down and drink anytime. Best word to describe it is average. It never disappoints but you also never say damn that was a good beer. The appearance and smell are bland but it does go down easy. I usually keep a 6 pack on hand since most of my wife's friends can't handle my Hefe's or Wit's.

TexIndy, Oct 01, 2004
1.7/5  rDev -20.9%

A friend left a couple of bottles in my fridge, so what the hell. The bottle actually says "355 mL" -- they don't export this crap, do they?

Pours a dehydrated piss yellow with a fluffy white head that quickly fades to white patchiness in the center of my glass. Poured into an Arrogant Bastard shaker to try to scare it into tasting like something.

Smells like water. Honestly, I smell nothing.

Has some taste though. By some, I mean hardly any. If you soaked some corn in some vodka and boiled off most of the alcohol, I think you'd be pretty close to this recipe. I used to think that this stuff tasted terrible when I drank it in high school; now I don't think it tastes like much of anything, good or overly bad.

Mouthfeel? Ha, sure. Nope.

Unfortunately, there's one more of these in my fridge. Hopefully someone will come over soon and discard it for me. Probably tastes good if poured into a funnel.

I have fond memories of trying this in high school, proclaiming, "I hate beer," and promptly swilling a liter or so of Jim Beam. Ah, how I've grown.

altctrlsdelete, Sep 18, 2004
2.17/5  rDev +0.9%

had this one at a local bar for a nickel a pitcher. every wednesday night is nickel pitchers so i figured no harm in trying it out. Poured out a light colored yellow into the plastic cup they gave me. Head was pearly white but didnt stick around for long. lacing was little to nothing. aroma was non-existant. first sip tasted like beer flavored water. slight taste of corn husks and a slight sugar sweetness, Tasted like they added a lot of water to the tap on wednesday night. not a bad beer if youre paying 5 cents per pitcher. finish was wet and tasteless. enjoy

jayb, Sep 14, 2004
2.25/5  rDev +4.7%

This is one of those beers that I believe the bros should create a new style style category for: piss beer. Joking aside, this beer is not as horrible as bud lite or coors lite. This is far from a compliment, however, as this beer is still one of the worst in the world. It has the light yellow appearance that I have come to excpect from BMC, and it just looks more like urine than beer. Carbonated urine. The smell is no different than any other light lager, either, smelling of corn and grain. The taste is surprisingly earth and grainy, or at least more so than bud light and coors light. This beer is not worth money when there are so many better options out there, but when faced with the choice between it and its competitors, vote miller lite.

bignick, Sep 13, 2004
2.3/5  rDev +7%

This review isn't meant to sound apologetic but one of the most efficacious methods of recognising a great beer is to have, at intermittent periods, a poor, or sub-standard beer. It's all part of the learning experience.

Now that I have slummed it a bit it's back to my Kapuziner.

mwrseeley, Aug 28, 2004
2.35/5  rDev +9.3%

This is one I’ll go to under dire circumstances, was a beer I thought was decent before I became educated.

Pours out a slightly yellow tinged shade of water…haha, seriously this is scarily clear. I’m talking you could read the newspaper through this. A head rolls up nicely, but disappears just as quickly.

Aroma is kinda crisp, but still has a mushy “corniness” hovering above it.

Taste isn’t so bad for what it is, real light and crisp when ice cold. Light malt presence up front with a bit of an adjuncty flavor in the middle and a crisp little hop finish.

I can think of worse things to drink when out at a swill bar, it is what it is.

FormatKid, Aug 08, 2004
2.88/5  rDev +34%

had on tap at local swill joint with little else to offer(only beer on draft). appearence is a robust gold with heavy carbonation. very little head with no retention. very light lacing. smell was very little. slightly sweet/sour. taste was light, watery, and unimpressive. little or no hop character. slight corn flavor mixed with rusty iron. slightly bitter aftertaste. mouthfeel is light, bubbly seltzer-like. drinkability is better than average because of ability to drink a dozen without breaking a sweat. not all bad. a swill bar favorite.

ramrod666, Jul 25, 2004
2.88/5  rDev +34%

Pale straw color with a large bubbled white head at first which settles to a film. Has light-decent carbonation. Light cooked corn araoma and taste and not much else. Crisp and dry overall with a touch of sweetness. Light bodied and refreshing.

Hard to believe this was one of my favorites for so long before seeing the "light"...

Per can: "Pilsner Brewed", 96 cal, 3.2g carbs, 0.9g protien, 0 fat.
Per Miller website: 4.2% ABV

'03294' lasered on bottom
Tasted: 07/22/04

(12 oz. can)

RBorsato, Jul 23, 2004
2.65/5  rDev +23.3%

Pale yellow, like straw or every other American Macro that you're likely to come across at a BBQ party or a smelly college apartment. No head.

Sweet, more flavorful than say Bud, but not a complex flavor. A little corny. Best when poured into a tall glass and drank like water.

mynie, Jul 12, 2004
2.6/5  rDev +20.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Had this at a friends 4th of July shindig after I ran out of the beer I brought.. I learned one important lesson that day.. When you bring good beer to a house that usually has shite beer they will drink your good stuff first!! Oh well. It pours a light yellow smells like nothing. The taste is boring and adjunct laden. The best thing that can be said for this beer is that it goes down easy after you have had several beers before it. It is drinkable because its not like drinking much. I wont buy it but if someone hands me one I am not snobby enough to turn it down

TinusTime, Jul 11, 2004
2.28/5  rDev +6%

440ml silver can

Pours with a light yellow body, little head , retention or lacing

Smell, corn adjuncts, little malty whiff

Taste, crisp, dry and corny, not much else to speak of

A standard pale, light adjunct lager, nothing offensive but dull as could be

cypressbob, Jul 09, 2004
4.13/5  rDev +92.1%

At the first whiff after the cap comes off, the odor brings a common or everyday average brew to your mind. Upon the first sip, you can right off the bat tell its a light beer even if the label is ripped off or its on tap. The smell alone brings an average, not not be appealing to some. As the beer sits in your mouth you can defiantly feel the carbantion and the freshness. I give the drinkability something rare and perhaps good. May seem like an average beer to some, but good to me. I suggest to drink it down cold. You can tell this isn't supposed to be a specialty beer, but defiantly beats Bud Light in the taste test to my standerds.

DMXLOX22, Jun 15, 2004
1.9/5  rDev -11.6%

full foamy white head, clear light yellow color. not all that bad in appearance and expected for the style.
sour tartish aroma. not sure where thats coming from.
light on flavor overall. sort of watered down. not bad, just uhh light?? after sitting for a while still not much bitterness or anything else. no bad aftertaste though.
yeah, drink it cold from the bottle and its ok.

joecast, Jun 08, 2004
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.