Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
1.76/5  rDev -18.5%

[Rerate, Jul 15, 2008, 24oz. can, 47F]
Miller Lite is a very sparkling, clear, straw colored lager with a small off-white head that leaves some lacing on the glass. The aroma is slightly sweet with very light malt and corn. There is a slight medicinal note. It is light bodied and refreshingly smooth with a crisp, dry finish. It's a little sudsy. There is hardly any flavor here: just light, anonymous grain and no hops to speak of. At least the chemical aftertaste is quick.
[First rating: 1.4] (bottle)
Miller Lite is a light golden lager with a foamy white. It is shockingly sparkling. The aroma is very slight and of corn, citrus, perhaps some hops and butane. It is more faint than the High Life aroma. The palate is that of sparkling water and a dash of creaminess from the head. Not much flavor here. It's a little acidic and kind of tastes like cardboard. It is simpler than High Life. I think maybe it's watered-down High Life... which makes it ever-so-slightly better.

2.62/5  rDev +21.3%

Poured into pilsner.

A: Golden color. Initial heavy carbonation. Pours into a bubbly head which dissipate quickly. Carbonation continues to rise throughout drink. No lacing or attempt by brew to hang on to the side of glass.

S: Light malt. Not much else.

T: Hints of malt and wheat.

M: A bit watery, like a flavored carbonated water product. The flavor is not bad, just not much of it. Disappears quickly from the mouth.

D: Light, refreshing. Easy drink.

Nothing to get excited about as far as taste, look, or smell. If you're looking for something to power down and quench your thirst after mowing the lawn; this will do the trick.

1.87/5  rDev -13.4%

I have been to a number of parties just packed with this beer flowing in a light golden fury. This beer is the top choice for most of my friends and one of the few beers that they drink that I may be able to drink one or two of... tastes like water and lightens my mood I guess. Still every time I see this my mouth gets a werid feeling and it knows the pain is coming. Last night I drank a double dead guy ale and finished with these. Worst idea ever. Terrible hang over and it tasted even worse than normal after drinking a decent beer. My head feels like its splitting and I blame you miller lite... heh. L. I. T. E

2.38/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not the worst beer out there, and definitely the best Miller has to offer with their name on it. Pours clear yellow with a frothy white head. Crisp aroma, mostly grain. Corn, metal, and something bitter in the taste. Crisper than others. Perfect for beer pong.

1.45/5  rDev -32.9%

Served in 12 oz brown bottle

A - Typical macro light lager. Darker than Coors or Mich Golden.

S - Nothing, absolutely nothing.

T - Initially, what you would expect. Then the cardboard aftertaste hits you. Skunk.

M - Medium carbonation, light and water body

D - For a macro light lager, not very enjoyable going down the hatch. The repulsive taste makes it hard to drink.

Note: By far my most disliked light beer. I will never buy it, and never accept it from a friend. This is definitely my last resort. However, when given the choice of no beer or Miller Lite, I'd pick sober most of the time.

2.63/5  rDev +21.8%

Very pale yellow with a thick white head and a fair amount of lace. Almost non-existant aroma - Bitter and Slightly hoppy. Basically water however a little maltiness is detectable on the tongue. Very light and smooth. Not horrible for light macro,will drink if free.

2.66/5  rDev +23.1%

Had two cans of Miller Lite at a family party today. These are the beers that were standard in my beer intake (along with Coors Light) prior to learning that there IS really good beer out there.

I will say this - you can drink these all day. Lite says it all, certainly less filling. Fairly thin with a lot of carbonation, watery, with some hop flavor. Yet, it is a decent tasting beer, and for what it is, I dont think you will find much better.

Miller Lite is a good refreshing drink on a hot summers day. An ice cold Miller Lite after mowing the lawn in 80 degree weather is just fine with me. I can tell you I wont be looking for a beer sitting at room temperature, I wants something cold, ICE COLD!!!

I am really enjoying all the craft beer I've been drinking lately, but a bunch of Miller Lites iced down in a cooler on a hot summer day will work for me anytime.

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

someone handed this to me last night, I kinda wanted a beer and this one was free

A- boring , run of the mill.. nothing exciting
S-Like skunky bad beer of the bar floor
T- pretty awful, usually I like to tip my hats off to macros for their consistancy , but this is bad
M- not much going on here, nothing really exciting
d- it would be really hard for me to drink more than one

if your gonna drink light beer reach for an amstel or Yuengling light, even heinken light. But this is pretty embarrasing.. free beer is free beer, but this is pusing my buttons

oh and dont drink coors light, they give alot of money to the RNC, and well im not George Bush people, and I didnt vote for Mccain..

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Why do we even do this to ourselves? This is what we are rising up against. But this is the optimal light american lager: meant to be conumed in great amounts while building a tree house, watching a baseball game or playing a softball game. It's good for what it is, but what it is is not good. It's like a bad handjob: ypu gotta appreciate what happening, but ti's pretty awful and you just want it over with. Better than Bud light.

1.68/5  rDev -22.2%

This one is a deeper yellow/gold than some other light macro lager's with a medium carboantion, a bit relaxed and a fine-white foamy head appears and dissapears fast.

The aroma has a sour-doug bread, sweet scented malt with a bitter-hop(?) edge at the end. but that's about it.

The flavor is a mild and weak, but sweet corn malt flavor, slightly dry but crisp and light and only a slight metallic bitterness at the end and a slightly skunked hop to finish.

This beer is like a horse with a broken leg.

2.99/5  rDev +38.4%

While this beer is no where near my favorite it easily outperforms it's brother (Bud Light).

A- Macro Lager gold(almost clear) with very little head that dissipates quickly.

S- Cereal Grains, lighter and slightly sweeter smelling than other "ultra-popular" macro brews.

T- Very light, crisp, and refreshing like they would have you believe. Barely any taste to speak of, maybe a hint of malt and barely any detectable hoppiness.

M- Heavily carbonated with a medium light body.

D- Easy to drink with a better flavor than Budweiser.

3.1/5  rDev +43.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

A: A perfectly clear pale yellow, with an average, foamy white head with fairly decent retention. A bit of patchy lacing as well.

S: Some grainy and floral notes, perhaps with a hint of grape. Clean, bland - just a tiny notch above most other light macros.

T: Lightly grainy, with a husky, bland sweetness. Some vaguely floral/lemony hops are detectable, with an inoffensive, somewhat soapy nature. Some muted corn and steel flavors also present, but thankfully are rather subdued.

M: Light, obviously, and a bit watery. Clean, with a vague suggestion of a dry finish.

D: I will say that this is the macro light beer of choice, in my opinion. It tastes like it could be beer, which sets it apart from most of its brethren. I had a bunch of these left over from a party. I'd never go out of my way to drink one, but hey, it's a sunk cost at this point. If you were trying to get drunk off of this (and why else would you seek this out?), you'd have to drink so many that it would negate any advantage the light calorie content has.

3.36/5  rDev +55.6%

This product has been on the market for at least thirty years. It was one of the first American light beers. It is better than average for the style.
Pours gold with a decent white head. Very little lacing. Aroma is malty some minor hops.
Taste is slightly sweet malts with just a touch of bitter hops in the finish. Carbonation is slightly over the top but pretty typical for macros. Low calorie, low alcohol, low taste.
If you are in the market for this type of beer give this a try.
Update Feb. 27, 2014.
The head lasts a good 10 minutes and the lacings are impressive. That is all I wanted to add to my previous review.

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

Ok, I had no choice, it was my buddy's boat. This beer has no taste, some carb and no hops what so ever. Goes right through you, drink a can, piss over the side of the boat. I can't understand how people actually enjoy this headache in a can. I can't recommend it unless it's the only thing available.

Jk

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%

What is there to say really? Another mass produced light beer. While it may not be as horrible as most light beers, it is still nothing special. Watery mouthfeel with lots of carbonation. Smells a little better than soap mixed with urine. My choice hands down out of the big three (Bud, Miller, Coors) however.

2.78/5  rDev +28.7%

Pour to a light yellow with a minimal white head. Has good carbination!

Smell a slight hoppiness to it.

Can taste a the grain flavor with a hint of hops.

Feels watery in the mouth lots of carbination.

As the slogan kinda says, " Good tasting, less filling!"

Exactly the same as on tap!

2.45/5  rDev +13.4%

I'm just reviewing for haha's since a couple of fellow employees brought this in but.. oh well..

Appearance: Light tan in color, a small head that dimminishes into nothing. No lacing whatsoever.

Smell: Wheat and corn is all I can really say. The smell actually smells like spilled beer on the floor at a frat party.

Taste: Corn, wheat, same as in the smell. Absoloutley nothing to make this beer a stand out, although it is alot more refreshing and drinkable then a Bud Light or Coors Light.

Mouthfeel: Medium carbonation, wet on the tongue, watery, but what do you expect for a light beer?

Drinkability: Very sessionable to say the least, but why waste your time when there is 537589347589374634 more beers out there that are better? You decide...

2.36/5  rDev +9.3%

A- the appearance is almost an opaque, pale yellow. the head was two fingers, but quickly disapperaed. plenty of carbonation.

S- not much there to be honest, no malt, no fruit, nothing

T- it was wet

M- very lite beer, no aftertaste

D- honestly- i have to rate this pretty decent. i could drink (if i could stand it) quite a few of these beers.

2.68/5  rDev +24.1%

I had not had this beer for a long time. When my neighbor gave it to me I had to break out my beer recorder. It had a lot of head but that disappeared quickly. There wasn't really a lace it was more of a film. The body is really carbonated and straw yellow. There is not much for flavor but drinkable. It is a crisp and corny beer. The smell is beany and adjunct.

2.12/5  rDev -1.9%

Had this one on tap. It is your typical American lager beer. It is NOT good at all. It looked very clear with a golden hue. Slight bubbling rising from inside at the bottom of the glass (kind of like champagne does but not as drastic). Smells crappy and the taste was right there with the smell. Not much on flavors at all. This is one that you would maybe have after a sweaty outdoor workout in the summer. Junk beer but better than Bud Light or Coors Light. The one thing it does have going is low carbs.

2.79/5  rDev +29.2%

Miller light, the best of the over produced American Light Lagers!

Pours like the rest of its kind, see through with little or no hops smell

the taste is better than most of this style

the mouthfeel is smooth, and crisp, light like you want from this style of um beer??? I mean I guess its beer

It is very drinkable

2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

Had not had one of these in quite a while, time to try one again.

Poured from a 24 oz can ice cold. Pours light yellow with hardly any smell at all. Taste...if I closed my eye and pinched my nose I wouldn't know the difference between this and water. Hardly any taste at all and an metallic smell. MF is thin and watery, drinkabilty is a 3 simply because it's easy to drink, so it water.

It will now be an even longer time before I have one of these again.

1.64/5  rDev -24.1%

appearance: yellow, pale gold color

smell: somewhat stale aroma

taste: kind of a mild hoppiness, weird grainy flavor

mouthfeel: alot of carbonation

drinkability: ok, I suppose, for the budget nights or frat parties. About what you'd expect from an American Lite beer. Nothing to drink on a regular basis.

1.23/5  rDev -43.1%

Okay, in all honest what do you expect from a lite, American lager that can be bought (on special) for $15/case. But this really just isn't any good especially if it isn't EXTREMELY cold. I can choke it down if there is little ice chunks floating around, but the second it gets to a temperature where it will not numb your taste buds before you have a chance to taste it, you're screwed. Going to stick to Coors or Bud for the budget nights.

2.26/5  rDev +4.6%

Pours a bronze stale water color with frothy head that does a disappearing act after a few sips. Aroma is quite hard to place in this bland beer: alcohol, grains, and slight vanilla extract. Tastes of touches of vanilla with stale water to end the drink that lingers to create an undesirable aftertaste. A poor excuse for a beer, I rather drink listerine.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.