Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.63/5  rDev +21.8%

Served out of a tiny 8oz can into a glass.

Appearance: Very light gold (straw-yellow) with a rocky head that left a fair amount of lacing on the sides of my glass.

Smell: Nothing really special here, something a bit metallic and grain?

Taste: Very light, some bready flavors, no real taste of alcohol.

Mouthfeel: A good deal of carbonation, goes down easy. Very light.

Drinkability: Low ABV and okay taste make this one quite drinkable. I'd drink it again in a pinch.

Why do we even rate beers like this? Shit beers like this should be banned from websites like this....bland, boring, and commercial driven. Anyone that actually gave this beer a high rating should not be here. Not even an exceptable beer Sunday football, or tailgating. It would be great if products like this just went away....

4.47/5  rDev +106.9%

this is a classic lager with a very high drinkability anfd a good taste. the beer is very generic but flavor is nice. this i one of choice for my wife and most of the community and I think is because of the less filling part of the beer. the phrase drink more and feel less full is the term well said. This beer i like but I don't buy too much of.

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

Okay... I'll start by saying that I feel like a bad friend... you know the kind that turns his back on you. Well, that's me right now. Miller Lite was next to me all through college and was even at my wedding. Never did anything wrong, I just started hanging around with other friends. Anyway... having said all that, this beer is really pretty bad, kind of like my analogy. Anyway, it poured a yellow gold color, with thin white head. The head was gone very quickly. No great smell; couldn't quite put my finger it, kind of metallic. Very carbonated, and leaves a salivating type feel in the mouth after swallowing. I'm not going to bash this beer after all it has done for me; I can at least say a few nice things.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

As far as session beers go, this is the old stand-by for me. Nothing really noteworthy about it, but nothing offensive either.

It's the grilled cheese of beer. Not classy, not special, but sometimes you just want to lay back, have a beer, watch some football, and be done with it all.

It's your typical corn and grain tasting American macro lager. The colder, the better. But when compared to other mass produced beers, it just seems slightly better.

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.5

A: Has a very clear yellow color with lots of carbonation and quick thinning head.

S: Not much of a smell, slightly biscuity and a little sweet.

T: Nothing much stands out beside being watery and a slight corn taste.

M: Very light with too much carbonation.

D: Very east to drink, almost like water. Like most light beers, it's something you could probably drink all day.

1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

A - golden color, clear, white head that disappears quickly leaving no lace. Active carbonation.
S - Very light aroma of bread and grain.
T - Light body and lacking in taste. Only slight bread flavor. No bitterness.
M - Watery. Light body. Smooth. High carbonation.
D - Another one I drank in college, a lot. Was one of my favories at parties. Not one of my favorites at all anymore. Better than some.

Pale yellow appearance with a somewhat foamy head which fades quickly. Whiff of corn, otherwise not much aroma.
Taste - mostly water, absolutely no character at all. Skunky (It always is).
Mouthfeel is thin and watery, very bland
Not drinkable, unless you don't care about taste at all.

2.42/5  rDev +12%

I could've done a review on the can (which is far worse than anything else), the bottle, the draft. I just picked the draft because it was on dollar special for lunch today. Has a carbonated body that is a seethru pale gold w/ a decent head that disappears almost simultaneously when you put the mug to your mouth. There is some crispness in the taste with a tad bit of hops and barley showing through. Mostly watery though, hence it goes down real smooth. Too smooth. I don't mind having these once in a while, especially since I am not really supposed to drink (interferes w/ my weight lifting regiment). I wouldn't recommend this or pick up a 12-pack for a game though...they have MGD64 for that.

3.33/5  rDev +54.2%

Out of the BMC light beers, I think I tend to prefer Miller Lite out of all of them. Also is one of the more least "offensive" light beers available.

Pours a clear yellow, lots of carbonation, very typical of the style.

Smell has a faint whiff of malt and barley, not much aroma but nothing offensive either.

Taste is, well, pretty light, not much going on, but I will give it that it goes down smoothly and is quite crisp with loads of carbonation (not necessarily a bad thing for this beer), easily drinkable for social occasions when you're on a budget or if options are limited.

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

A: Clear golden color. Fluffy white head when cracked, thins fast.
S: Miller smells so bad, stinks horribly.
T: Tastes like it smells, metallic, skunked.
M: High carbonation, not so smooth.
D: Not really that good.

Not a great beer... not a good beer.

A lot better taste from a bottle!

2.4/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

First off, you guys/gals need to remember you are judging the beer, to see if it is true to the style, not personal preferance. And, this is a light American macro lager.

Not what I drink, haven't had a "light" beer for years, but, decided to give it a go.

On tap, served in a frosted mug.

Typical appearence, maybe a shade "darker" than Bud light. White fizzy head.

Aroma: Not much, some corn, some malt

Taste: Again, not much. Nothing offensive. If you look deep, you can taste a bit of light toasted malt, and a trace, slight trace of pine/citrus.

Again, these beers are built to be flavorless, and colorless. Remember this when you review.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Regular sized bottle, poured into a plastic cup at a game.

It actually does not look all that bad, golden, nice white head, but little retention, and no lacing.

Very thin, as expected, slightly bitter, and if you look real hard, maybe some biscuity taste, but really thin with no depth. The interesting thing is that it tastes very close to the non-light version.

2.45/5  rDev +13.4%

I have to drink a "light" beer I'll go for these.

This is your typical tasting light beer..although better than the others..especially bud light. Not a big fan of light beers...not much taste, not much anything.

I've had these in cans also...not good

Pale golden color with no head. Very watery looking. Smell is almost non-existant. Taste is bland except for the mildest bitterness and a standard pale lager malt-ish flavor in the aftertastes. Also some sort of weird chemically taste that is not good at all. Probably my least favorite of the light beers.

2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

More leftovers.

Appearance - Clear golden yellow color with head at two inches. The head stood surprisingly foamy and had some endurance to it. There is obviously allot of carbonation here as you can really see a lot of bubbles rising from the bottom and sides of the pint.

Smell - Moderate strength of barley aroma.

Taste - The taste is pretty empty. Very little flavor but what is there is barley malt.

Mouthfeel - Coarse with no compliment to assist with the flavor.

~ This isn't one I'll be tossing my pals saying, "you gotta try it." The only really good part about this beer, other that the appearance, is that it's brewed in Wisconsin which creates a bunch of jobs for my fellow Wisconsinites down in Mil-Town.

3.15/5  rDev +45.8%

I'm reviewing this per-style, per se, so my ranking is considering that this is a light macro. Poured from can (from convenient fridgepack!) into a pilsner glass. It's a very light straw, which is to be expected. I suppose this is actually ideal for the style. Hardly any discernable smell at all. Taste is where this beer excels as far as light beers, with less watered down taste than most others. (Somehow it also has a few less calories too.) Mouthfeel is like water, but that's par for the style. Drinkability is excellent, and in fact this is probably an official Beer Pong Beer.

However, I lowered my taste score as I neared the bottom of the glass, because as it warms the beer exhibits a undesirable creamed corn aftertaste. Drink this one ice cold.

1.88/5  rDev -13%

Thin body almost no head smell of corn in the arom taste is rather bland. Better than some lite beers but I would recomend sam lite if you have to go with a lite beer. This is one that I would avoid unless your just having one to be nice like I do at my dads house.

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. Good to stick in the cooler for a NASCAR event after you've spent all day drinkin' the good stuff. Other than Piels one of the few mass-market beers I'd consider coming near. If I'm out of absolutely everything my wife has a couple of these in the fridge. Drinks clean and isn't offensive, but that's about it. Best mega-produced American light beer on the market.

2.48/5  rDev +14.8%

This beer is just a get drunk have fun better. No thought required. I like to knock back a few of these after a couple of nicer brew to cap off the buzz. Nothing like a nice piss color and smell to get you loose.

Overall, you arent buying taste you are buying for the alcohol!

1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

Lots of bubbles and carbonation. What little head there is disapears quickly. Clear yellow color. The only thing worse, appearance-wise, would be if it were completely flat.

Metallic, macro-brew smell.

Overly carbonated, artifical tasting.

This company has some good offerings. This beer is not among them.

2.42/5  rDev +12%

Pale yellow with almost no head at all.

Smells like wet cardboard and corn with just a touch of hops.

Tastes like carbonated water with some corn and again just a touch of hops.

Mouthfeel is dominated by carbonation.

"Tastes great, less filling" sounds about half right.

3.58/5  rDev +65.7%

A lot of people are acting like beer snobs. This beer is what is. It's not meant to enjoy while sitting at dinner or while watching tv late night. This beer is for people looking to act stupid and get blacked out. And for this it is good. It's not a beer I would choose to drink but it has its place and is a clear leader in piss water category.

Pours very pale straw with a small head. Rather nasty aroma. Kind of funky and grassy. Not very sweet. There is a definite corn/adjunct flavor. Light bitterness. Light bodied but not as light as you might expect. Fairly drinkable. This is the beer of choice of several of my friends and I find that after two or three I really don't mind drinking this too much. It has a definite corn off-note that makes it easy to pick out (at least for me- I've probably drunk too much of this over the years). Given the style it's not terrible. I'll drink it if it's all that's around but it's not a good beer at all.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

A: The beer is a very light gold color, with a short white head that fades very quickly and leaves very little lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of macro adjuncts, light malts and a faint touch of hops.

T: The taste is pretty much corn and grain. There’s very little hops presence or malt backbone, but that’s expected in a light beer. The after-taste is slightly bready and slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, finish is clean.

D: A little tasty, goes down easy, not filling at all, it’s better than its piers (Bud Light, Coors Light, Corona Light, Amstel Light, etc.) and even before I started drinking craft beer, I knew that this one tasted better than most mass-produced beers. However, now this beer has become a desperation choice for me. In fact, there are places that I avoid because I know they don’t have anything better than this.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.