Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.16/5  rDev 0%

Friends brought and left some Miller Lite at our book club. I'm not even going pour beer down a drain (unless it's N/A and bad, at that)

This simply isn't a good beer, no matter how you slice it. Unless beer is a drug for getting blasted, and that' not my conception.

Poured aggressively yielded almost no head. I could barely smell anything--a very little bit of malt is about all. There is no stench like some of the domestic and macro Euro lagers, which is good, and there is nothing offensive--but that' just it--it's just about nothing.

Taste like nothing, and I wonder how when I was a kid the flavor of this would have astonished me for its strength. Not offensive, however. With a giant gulp to get some flavor, I found a beer, somewhere, but it's far, far away.

The carbonation is too week--it's not flat, just not there, like a hard cider almost (certainly not in taste!). So mouthfeel is decent.

Drinkability is where is shines, not because I could swill it, but because it won't mess up the palette if good food is on course. It has a faint taste and there'e nothing terrible about it. Still, no one should drink this regularly or at home. I can't see the point. (Beer pong, I guess?)

2.28/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

In my opinion, this is much better than Coors or AB in terms of a nice, tasty, drinkable light beer. On the bottle it says its a true pilsener.. which I don't really taste or believe, but that's besides the point. Basically its extremely drinkable and has a decent amount of flavor which puts it ahead of the other big guys... it's Miller Time.

2.4/5  rDev +11.1%

Not sure there's too much I can write that hasn't been covered a hundred times... it's a large domestic (sic) macro-brewed light lager.

Nothing extraordinarily bad or good when compared to its peers.

I will say that Miller Lite makes for a decent drinking game beer, or for floating the river where bottles aren't allowed.

2.2/5  rDev +1.9%

Poured from bottle into pilsner glass. Left in fridge by friend and it had been a while since I had a macro light.

A: Piss yellow coloring, little bit of head. Minimal carbonation.

S: Malty tones coming from nose. Not very pleasant.

T & M: Just not a lot of flavor, what was their is mostly sweet and malty. Fairly crisp finish as well.

D: Drinkable, as far as light lagers go there are worse examples out there.

2.77/5  rDev +28.2%

It's been a long time since I reviewed a macro. A friend left a few of these behind the other night...

Pours a crystal clear light yellow color with a faint head. Looks like yellow mineral water.

Aromas are faint, some slightly sweet malts, and a bit of corn. Not bad smelling...

Taste is very crisp and clean. Not much here, nothing offensive, but nothing really interesting either. Maybe a hint of sweet malts, adjuncts, and not much else.

Mouthfeel is thin and kind of weak. But not awful.

Drinkability is ok. This is super boring, and very bland. But not terrible, and it's thirst quenching on a warm day. That however, is about it's only real redeeming quality. When it comes to macros, this is one that I can actually stand a few of...

2.22/5  rDev +2.8%

Appearance: a bland yellow that is almost colorless. No head to mention. Active bubbles racing to the top of the glass.

Smell: thin smell of grains, maybe some corn.

Taste: like most other beers (of this style). A touch of sweetness and a thin crispness to it. Not horrible for a light lager. Overall watery finish and taste...but that comes with the territory of these highly publicized beers.

Mouthfeel: I have got to admit that is goes down rather smooth with a highly carbonated, bubbly finish. Drinkable? yup that it is!

2.02/5  rDev -6.5%

Yes, I'm reviewing Miller Lite. Because I've had it a million times, so it deserves an official write-up. It pours clear and very pale yellow with a bit of white head. It smells like faint lemon hops and cultured yeast, with a bit of earthy barley malt. It tastes very weakly of caramel malt with a hint of yeast and lemon hops. It's watery with some carbonation, and has basically no aftertaste. Overall this is one of the most generic beers ever, that's all too easy to drink, but isn't really rewarding at all. The main thing going for it, is that it's not offensive at all.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

Miller light is the heaviest of the light beers.

Light (very light) copper color with no head to talk about.

Taste of grain and alcohol. Not much of either.

Heavier body than most light beers but that isn't saying too much.

Would drink it if i am doing hard manual labor or just want to chug 13 beer in an afternoon.

1.91/5  rDev -11.6%

Might as well review a classic. Appearance had some promise: very large frothy head, but no real lacing, just huge bubbles across the head. Eventually, the head dissipates. The beer itself was a clear yellow appearance with an obvious watery aspect. Aromas are extremely minimal. Metallic yeasts and slight bread, but really artificial and strong mineral flavoring. The taste was really just awful. Watery, metal-like, lacking any hop or malt textures. Mouthfeel had some saving grace. This is definitely a typical beer you can just sit around and drink, especially on a warm day. Overall, without being offensive, the beer can please most palates. Yet its generalness lacks any spectacular qualities of a good beer.

2.24/5  rDev +3.7%

Presentation: 24oz large can (No. 13) slapped with lots of witty marketing jive, and a wide mouth opening. No freshness date.

Enjoyed most recently after I moved my girlfriendd into her new "safety" apartment. A 12-"fridge-pack" of cans brought me back... (for this review, I'll reminisce over the first one)

A: A pale. yellow in color w/ a fine wispy head of carbonation.

S: Clean, semi-floral around the nose w/ a hint of grain.

T: Small grain, w/hints of grain husk and a sweetness there.

M: Tight carbonation mingles w/ a tiny metallic flavor; it produces some sharpness & mouth appeal.
Lemon hops w/ the slightest of tea. I think some corn is there too (after it warms). Clean finish.

D: An MCB thru & thru, but out of the M - C - B, the M is and has always been my favorite macro...to each his own, I guess.

2.14/5  rDev -0.9%

Well I guess I've officially become a beer snob. To save money for my upcoming vacation I bought a 12 pack of Miller Lite in cans. A few years ago I drank Miller Lite on a regular basis. After a few drinks from the can I couldn't stand it anymore. I thought maybe it would get better if I poured it in a pint glass.

After pouring the can into a pint glass I spent about a full minute laughing out loud. Am I really going to drink this? Very clear with a light straw color. White head of fizz that goes down to just a half inch circle of suds in the middle of the glass. Tastes like seltzer with a shot of cheap beer poured in. I finished the glass but what to do with the other eleven cans? Maybe some house guests will drink it. I didn't think my tastes had changed this much but I really can't drink this.

1.56/5  rDev -27.8%

Yellow appearance, fizzy, clear, slimy head. Faintest possible aroma, smells like rice, corn, and poverty. Flavor is like corn syrup flavored seltzer water. Tons of carbonation, thin body, clean finish. As drinkable as water. I feel dirty drinking this.

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

Poured out of the bottle a bleached straw gold color with a thin white head. Very little retention but it did lace, albeit brokenly. Aromas of yeast and sour corn mash like a barroom floor. Tastes are equally stale, grainy husk, grain mash and hints of something metallic. Not outright offensive but not really drinkable. High carbonation gives it some body but otherwise a very watery beer (as one would expect from a light). Long, strange finish. It is barely drinkable but for a light macro brew I'm impressed by even that. It is what it is.

1.65/5  rDev -23.6%

Bought a case for a party, and against my better judgement I decided to try one (after not having had one in YEARS) for a change.

a - extremely tepid body and color

s - not particularly offensive, but there's just not much there but a very faint odor of hops

t - little flavor whatsoever but it does have a fairly crisp and clean finish

m - barely noticeable

d - will be another few years, if ever, before I drink another

It's amazing that people put up with this, that's about all I can say.

1.5/5  rDev -30.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Miller Lite has always been considered low end light swill to me. Golden color, not much head or lacing. Grainy, hay taste with some corn and malt. Thin and watery and a bit foul tasting. Not completely undrinkable but there are better light beer swill options.

2.48/5  rDev +14.8%

Poured a golden straw yellow with a half finger white head and no lacing.

Hard to smell much of anything. Hints of metal and corn mash.

Not much flavor to speak of, maybe a touch of corn.

Very watery with low carbonation.

Great for a keg party or while mowing the lawn. As below average as some of these beers(macros) are they do serve a purpose. The purpose just isn't as enjoyable as some alternatives.

2.08/5  rDev -3.7%

poured from a 12oz bottle into a pint glass. appearance is very pale yellow with a very thin white head that dissapated very quickly. has a very light malt smell and that is about it. not much flavor but i still think it definitley tastes better than bud light. drinkability is ok, i could drink these if they were free.

1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

"Oh no... no beer in the fridge. Oh wait there's a Miller Lite in the bottom." This was my thoughts at a friends house when I was really wanting a beer. With nothing else to drink I figured I'd give it a try.

It initially appears much like the other American Lights, light with little head. Surprisingly, from my memory of the other light beers this one does not taste as bad, but it definately was far from good. I would steer away from this brew unless you are dying of thirst.

1.63/5  rDev -24.5%

Leftovers...gotta love em.
Drank straight from the bottle cause...well, we all know what it looks like.

Nose is muted because it is very cold, but mildly offensive corn and light malt notes. Smells worse the warmer it gets.

I think it has slightly more beer flavor than a bud light, but is that really a good thing? Carbonation and corn are about the only things I can taste in here. It only makes me grimace when it gets above 40 degrees.

There are plenty worse bargain macros out there, I waffle between this or bud light as the #2 and #3 macro lights, both are pretty bad. I recommend coors light if you have to drink one of the three.

2.95/5  rDev +36.6%

Had a few cans left over after a party at my place, figured its a beer(ish) might as well review it.

A: pours a crystal clear golden color with a giant white head that reduces to absolutely nothing. not a bad looking lager, but nothing spectacular.

S: smells a lot like metal, not much else, corn, not much else. typical light lager.

T: really watery, there is a faint taste of barely, mostly corn, but really this isn't that offensive of a beer, and for a the price i can see why a lot of people drink it.

M: thin, crisp, watery, bubbly, clean finish, pretty typical, begs for another drink with how crisp it finishes

D: i can drink a lot of this beer, its not the best tasting thing in the world, but it isn't that bad. definitely a bar beer when nothing else is available.

3.4/5  rDev +57.4%

great taste less filling... not brewed for flavor but brewed to get you drunk! well yeah it is brewed for flavor compared to bud light which tastes like carbonated water but lets not get into how bad bud light is. a good beer if you want to drink a thousand of something and still be able to eat snacks while watching a game. not my favorite, but will buy again

2.71/5  rDev +25.5%

08/02/08- Had on tap at a random sports bar in Canton, OH.

Presentation- Via the tap into a limited edition HOF pint glass which was free with purchase of Miller Lite...the only way I could get the glass.

Appearance- Light yellow colored pour. Pretty nice looking mildly foamy, yet somewhat creamy pocky head. Fades in a fe minutes and leaves no lace.

Smell- Light grainy notes...not really a corn scent but not to horrible.

Taste- Grainy notes, a bit of light malt-like taste. Sweet, but not overly sweet like some macros. Maybe even a slight hop twinge.

Mouthfeel- Average carbonation, not a offensive aftertaste.

Drinkability- For what it is, it's really not as horrible as I was expecting. About the same boat as Bud Light, but maybe a touch better. Blows Coors Light out of the water.

1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

Ah, Miller Lite. When I was in college and knew no better, this was my beer of choice. Then again, I rarely had much choice...

Appearance: Well, it's in a can, and it's one of those beers you can (and sometimes are forced to) drink right out of the can. Poured into a glass, it's the color of pale urine, with a fleeting glimpse of head and some vigorous effervescence. No lacing or retention whatsoever, but -- let's face it -- if you're drinking this, you shouldn't care!

Smell: Light, weak, and vaguely musty. Ever walked around outside a stadium after a college football game? That's what Miller Lite smells like.

Taste: There's just not much there. The carbonation helps make it semi-refreshing, which is a plus -- especially when there's no backbone to the flavor of the beer itself. Soapy, musty, and bland.

Mouthfeel: Again, the carbonation is the only redeeming factor here, in my view. Otherwise, it's like water, only it foams somewhat if you swish it around in your cheeks. Seriously, I'm trying to come up with something better...but I can't.

Drinkability: A 4.17 ABV helps. The fact that if you're drinking Miller Lite, there's probably nothing available also aids in its drinkability. Truthfully, if it's scorching hot outside and someone offers you a cold one of these, it gets the job done, so it gets SOME credit here.

Oh, yeah, and it's cheap. That can't be ignored.

2.63/5  rDev +21.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

What the heck, might as well review this brew. We've all probably had it at one time or another.

On tap at a BBQ joint here in Vegas.

Pale gold with a slight foamy white head, almost no lacing.

Smelled of mild grains and not much else really.

Tasted much as it smelled. Rather weak overall, mainly a bit of grains. Nothing complex or interesting going on here at all.

Mouthfeel actually wasn't too bad. Meduim bodied with a fair amount of carbonation.

Well, if this is all you have available then it could be worse. Of course there are a thousand or so other brews that are more interesting and delicious than this, but overall it wasn't too offensive. Just another American Macrobrew.

1.45/5  rDev -32.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

I have had this in every form for many years. The only reason I'm reviewing it now is because I was at a private function at a bar last weekend and my choices included this or bud-light both draught. "The lesser of two evils" I told the bar keep and keep em coming. Poured a straw yellow with a slight hint at carbonation and even less head I didn't see any lacing clinging to my fancy plastic Cleveland Browns cup. Aroma gave off hints of cheap flat american p*ss, followed by a mouthfoul of day old fraternity keg freshness. This beer felt like stale pond water on my palate and finished not fast enough. It was $10 all you could drink from 1:00 to 6:00, I think I got half of my money's worth. All joking aside I am not rating this beer solely on that last experience. Miller Lite is a very typical American Lite beer, and like all Lite Beers I avoid them like my in-laws. One or two can be a little refreshing on a summer day if they are extremely cold, however I prefer beer with more flavor and body.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.