Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,112 | Hads: 4,171
2.64/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Clear light yellow color and lots of carbonation bubbles. The head is quite nice. Seems to stick around the glass for a while. Cooked corns and light lemon hops come out in the aroma. The taste is fairly clean. Grainy taste at first kind of sweet. Semi-dry metallic aftertaste. Light bodied with a pretty good drinkability, because of it's lightness. Better than most light beers but that still doesn't make it good. Next!

2.86/5  rDev +26%

Not that bad for a light beer. I like it better than Coor's light. Had a metalic smell I did'nt like,but did'nt come through in the taste. This is an average beer. If you want to drink a light,give it a shot. Is the lowest in carbs of the lights as far as I know.

2.05/5  rDev -9.7%

I had a few in honor of Rusy Wallace's 'Last Call' on NASCAR. Spectactularly in-the-boat hot-summer-day swamp-buggy quality. Or NASCAR-like I guess. Very boring, no surprises, turn left, turn left again sort of way. Very pale gold pour with a fluffy white head that faded faster than a politicians reputation. Smelled of wonderbread on the nose, I remember the smell unfortunately. Just no discernable taste, perhaps marketed as beer extract or something. Made from concentrate, water added, I don't know. It doesn't offend and it feels fine, is easily drinkable, but it's just not worth remembering in any fashion.

1.96/5  rDev -13.7%

A- pale golden with a quickly dissapating head

S- horrible smell, some hints of bread come out, but mostly just sewage.

T- nothing suprising here. although these is a distinct taste that miller has, its not good.

M- thin and watery..as expected

D- as long as you stick with these, they will get your drunk (eventually) and begin tasting like water after the first couple

"more taste" is their ad, but i dont know if thats a good thing in this case. if im drinking just to get drunk, anything will do and i will chose miller lite over many others, but ill never seek this out to drink for enjoyment.

3.2/5  rDev +41%

basicly tastes mostly like bottle. slight "canesq" taste but nothing to bark over. still pretty thing flavorwise, no suprises here.if there isnt much flavor to chamge then the can cant do too much harm. still perfer this over bud light...

2.18/5  rDev -4%

Wow- We had guests all weekend and with the wife's family I put in a lot of Miller Lite. They surprised me by drinking up my good beer then switching to soft drinks. I wish they had left the Coke for me.

So- I have Lite in the bottle on a lovely summer day.
It shows a thin white head on basic gold body- though SABMiller seems to make sure that they are a couple of color units darker than AB products.

Still- not much chance to find an aroma here- maybe some graininess on a good olfactory day.

Key- the taste is inoffensive. Recent commercials say it stands up well to food- well, it certainly won't overpower any food flavors. The finish is a decent carbonation wash that lets you drink more of this "fine Pilsner Beer".

Hey- what was the guy who reviewed before me thinking when he gave this a 4.45? Is he just yankin the chains?

2.73/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

12 oz. longneck served chilled. Pale gold body with fairly active carbonation that leaves a 1/4" head and a decent amount of lace. Lots of adjuncts in the aroma - mostly corn. Pretty clean with a slight skunkiness and no hops to speak of. Pretty much the same on the palate. When swishing it in the mouth the slightest touch of biscuits shows through but you need to search for it. After swallowing, the adjuncts and carbonation drown out any potential flavor. The body is thin and crisp. As far as cheap lite lagers go, this isn't the worst, but I wouldn't make it a regular by any means.

1.91/5  rDev -15.9%

Offered free, two at a time, ice cold at a bullpen party at Camden Yards.
Poured into a semi-clear plastic cup. This one had actually a better color and appearance than the Bud that was going around. Faint yellow, with a little bit of carbonation and a slight head.
Aroma of plastic, alien sugar and funk. You know, the smell at the bottom of a keg holder the next morning when the ice has melted and the ugly girls have left the dorm room.
Carbonation was moderate on the tongue. Light sweetness to the malts, with an embarassing absense of anything closely resembling hops.

Again, this would be very useful, during a drought, to water my tomatoes. I also hear it is useful for slugs, how appropriate.

2.75/5  rDev +21.1%

straw yellow with almost zero head retention. the smell is grainy and starchy, no bad aromas, but none of the good ones either. maybe slightly floral on further inspection. the taste is of the starchy corny variety. the mouthfeel is pretty thin and seltzer like, nothing to hold onto. finishes dry. average drinkability. I've been known to choose this when nothing else decent is available. my vote for best macro light beer.

2.06/5  rDev -9.3%

...At a graduation party. The host said he didn't have any of "my kind of beer" and I should drink some "real beer"...Okaaayyy. I'll have some fun with this. Zero head but a small bit of lacing, which is surprising. Lots of chunky carbonation pumping through this light straw colored brew. Smells of light sweet corn and malts in a water batch. Tastes of watered down crisp lager that may have been mediocre at best before becoming .01 grams/mole BEER. Slight hop feel isn't that great but it has an appeal that might be okay to someone who doesn't know what a hop smells, or tastes like. Mouthfeel is watery and seltzery. I couldn't drink more than one of these. This "True pilsner beer" wasn't exactly all my host cracked it up to be.

Not so good, Al.

1.85/5  rDev -18.5%

Poured from the bottle, I tried my damndest to get this to create a head. Didn't work. Light straw body, very clear, bubbly. Smells of...not much really. I smelt the alcohol, some yeast and hint of grass. Tastes like...water. Water with a little bit of beer in it. Not impressive.

2.13/5  rDev -6.2%

Used to drink this one religiously back in the day.

Pours a straw colored yellow with a quickly disappearing head. Some lace, which isn't bad.

Nothing smell. Grainy scents, tiny bit of hops. Argh.

Sweet taste, watery. Slightly bitter.

Light carbonation and easy to drink. Still, it's not that good. Oh well, I still like it.

1.86/5  rDev -18.1%

How can I review this beer? I mean, I had it at the Cleveland Indians game, right from the tap. It wasn't going to be very good. Maybe I should give it a chance and review it in the bottle at a bar? Nahhh. I never thought to try this and probably wouldn't have, but since at the stand I went too, they had it, and ONLY Lite on tap, rather walking to get a better beer (I believe they have Great Lakes at some stands..) I figured what the hell. It was wet, it was beer, it would wash down pistachios.

From the PLASTIC cup it looked golden, a little darker, but still average, and it didn't have much of a scent other than light corn scents that other Miller products seem to have. Upon sipping, tasting, feeling, it may be the tap again as it seemed watery, very watery. I know this is a light beer...

Taste? Coors. Cerial. Kix in water. Slightly detectable hops presence but my impression was the same as Coors. Corn water. It was cold through the second inning, and didn't offend when warmer, next time I want a beer at the stadium, it will be worth the walk. Drinkable only if it's all that is available and isn't 5.50 for 16oz.

3.15/5  rDev +38.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - Lots o' fizzy foam. Leaves a fair amont of lacing. Nice (for style) light golden color. Carbonation high, but not ridiculous.

Smell - Sweet and adjuncty. Little stronger than I'd expect from a light lager. Not offensive.

Taste - Like it smells, mild sweet and adjuncty flavor. Has a little raw alcohol undertone. Initial flavor is ok for the style, undertone probably isn't. In general seems sweet, balanced and very much unobtrusive.

Mouthfeel - Good for a light lager. Watery, but definitely a beer foam carbonation. Not sparkling water carbonation like some macros.

Drinkability - Very quenching and easy to drink especially if you don't think about it too much.

This is definitely a pretty solid light lager. Certainly doesn't require or repay close study, though. So pair this with something spicy, an activity for which the beer is merely a throw-in or hot activity.

2.88/5  rDev +26.9%

Out of a can. Decanted into a large flute.

Appearance: Bright golden yellow. Small head, but I have to say it is thick and frothy.

Smell: Metallica, lemon rinds...doesn't have a strong scent

Taste: Tight and crisp carbonation. Tastes of stale lemons, cheap hops, corn, huskiness.

Mouthfeel: Skunky...and this beer is fresh.

Drinkability: This is a beer for "girls". Its easy to drink only because it has so little taste.

2.98/5  rDev +31.3%

Presentation: Poured a dark gold with amber hints into a traditional pint glass. A half-finger thick head dissipated rather quickly. A closer look revealed that this beer had a high level of carbonation. The scent gave off significant adjunct (corn / rice / cereal) character. It certainly had a "macro" smell to it.

Tasting: I believe that this is the best of the Big Three macro light lagers. It went down smooth and easy. Corn and rice were the major tastes on the tongue. It had a little more bitterness and carbonation than I like. As a macro beer, this is brewed for consumption, so it's quite easy to drink.

Overall, it's not as bad as people seem to think. If left to choose between the three big American macro beers, I will pick this one.

2.3/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Enjoyed on tap at Piccadilly Pub, Worcester, MA.

Shaker glass presentation. No head over the light straw brew, and no lacing either. Gets any points at all here because light beers are supposed to be light colored. Aroma is well, not offensive, because there isn't really one. Taste is lightly of sweet pale malts, and then all flavor is washed away by water, which there seems to be plenty of, leaving a bland bitter aftertaste. Mouthfeel is pretty neutral, gets dinged for lack of activity, and drinkability is high for volume, but low for desire to do so. It is what it is.

2.39/5  rDev +5.3%

Appearance – This one is just right for the style. It is light yellow in color and clear with some good carbonation. The head is big and white as the driven snow.

Smell – The nasty grain is thankfully faint, yet still can’t be ignored. I can actually smell some alcohol in this 4% ABV beer somehow.

Taste – This tastes like grain-flavored soda pop. There’s a pukish sweetness at the end that does indeed remind me of that sickening semi-sweet taste you get in your mouth after throwing up.

Mouthfeel – Light bodied of course and well-carbonated.

Drinkability – I got this out of the “guest tap” at the Flying Pig in Everett and couldn’t even finish the four ounce taster that they mistakenly brought me.

2.57/5  rDev +13.2%

This beer pours a golden yellow color with the smallest slightest hint of bronze. Not much head, and the little that is there dissapates very quickly. The beer smells a touch better than your run of the mill domestic brew. Not a whole lot to speak of in the taste column, but there is nothing bad about it. It almost has a bread-like flavor... maybe thats the yeast? You can also taste some type of grains, but no hops to speak of.

All in all, not a bad beer, but if your out looking for something good, there are many other more suitable choices. Maybe this one is better for the buzz than it is for the taste. Yet still not a bad choice for the budgeted beer drinker.

1.5/5  rDev -33.9%

* I will review this in full, just to show how lacking it is *

Presentation: 12 oz brown glass bottle

Appearance: No need to sully a perfectly good glass, at least viewing it through brown glass makes it look like it has some body.

Taste: Help me find it! This is so watery, with the SLIGHTEST hints of sweet grain. That's really it.

Mouthfeel: H2O

Drinkability: Well, it can't be hard to throw back when it doesn't taste like much, can it? Still, motivation counts for something here, and I couldn't force myself to drink more than one, ever.

Notes: We had a party where everyone brought their own beer. No smirnoff, bacardi, skyy blue here. So my friend brings this, usually only drinking malternatives. I have never met a more tasteless beer. After a Guinness Extra Stout, I truly COULD NOT TASTE IT at all. Don't try to get people hooked on beer with this, as it is not an intro, but rather, a blasphemy to beer in general.

1.57/5  rDev -30.8%

My son calls this one a “pork chop in a bottle”. I have to agree, even the wife-zilla has to add a lime to it to make it drinkable. Skunky, old flavor that tastes like some one left an used leather shoe in the conditioning tank. If there is absolutely nothing else available, I’d tough a few of these down – thanks be that’s not the standard.

3.34/5  rDev +47.1%

Looks like the standard lite beer, light yellow, some lingering lace. Head disappears after a minute or two, and the taste is pretty straightforward, relatively sweet. I think in terms of lite beers this is definitely one of the best for price vs. value - way better taste than Bud Light, but not exactly up there with Sam Adams Light or anything. If you bashed it before, do a blind taste test among a few lite beers and see where you rank it, I guarantee it's near the top.

2.18/5  rDev -4%

It seems like it has become commonplace for me to review a totally crappy beer, whenever I have good beer. Am I punishing myself? No, but I guess in order to appreciate what is really good, you must have what is really bad. This may also serve as a warning for those out there who may not know any better.

In addition, let me say that this is not my beer, has never been my choice of beer, nor my wife's choice of beer, nor anyones in our family's choice of beer (my father and father-in-law have strict brand loyalty to other beers). Instead, this is the beer of choice for some of our frends, who had a fridge full on New Years' Eve.

I suppose I could have done this review better justice and at least had one from a bottle, but why?

Appearance: Poured into a plastic souvenier (sp?) Treasure Island glass that once held a margarita that I bought while waiting for the pirate battle to begin. I got two, and I got to admit I like these glasses. Why did I have my own glassware at someone elses house you may ask? I always party prepared. I take an assortment of glassware with me, but there was no way I was going to pour this crap into a real glass container, and risk the glass getting broke over some Miller Lite. Where was I? Oh, yeah, the beer. Macro, nuf said.

Smell: Sweet, adjunct garbage.

Taste: Again sweet, which has been my experience with Miller products, moreso than any other macro.

Mouthfel: Light (or is that Lite?) bodied, highly carbonated.

Drinkability: High on a "Can pound down a bunch of these" drinkability scale. Very low on a "would I buy this again?" scale.

I think most BA's steer clear of this, unless its one of those "go to" beers for them (I admit to drinking Bud and Busch Light). If that is the case, fine, I can't hold that against anyone, Miller sells ALOT of this beer, just not my choice. I still do like their advertisements, especially the old Tastes great! Less filling! comercials.

2.48/5  rDev +9.3%

Left in the fridge after New Years. Here goes. The beer pours a pale yellow color with a finger and a half of head from a very aggressive pour, but it falls to mothing. The nose is typical sweet grainey American macro. Flavor is interrupted with a huge bit of carbonation. At least its better than a Bud product. The fell is all about the carbonation, almost stinging. Overall, not a beer I would keep around, even for guests. Still, better than a Bud.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Definitely one of the better light macros, but it was wierd grabbing it out of my fridge right next to the Stoudt bottle whose cap read "craft beer." Pours a piss yellow but with a darker core inside the glass. The beer, surprisingly, has an ever so mild hoppy flavor, but there is not much else to it. Very easy to drink because there is not much to it. But it is highly carbonated and will lead to burping.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.