Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,107 | Hads: 4,133
3.6/5  rDev +55.2%

Color, appearance, smell is fine. Taste is nasty..just do not like it...except when it is extremely cold to the point of almost freezing....Have had it in bottle, can, etc and still the same nasty taste unless freezing. (219 characters)

3.6/5  rDev +55.2%

This is my new go-to beer. And I'm not even a light beer fan.

Average appearance with a soapy, bright white head that dissipates at a slow speed. The brew is a super filtered straw color.

The aroma smells no different than any other macro lager; some grain, corn, and that typical beer smell.

For the taste, it goes down very, very smoothly. It's smooth. You've got some sweet corn adjunct (but it doesn't have a cheap or stale taste to it), lots of carbonated and clean water, and then at the end - and slightly in the middle, but not by much - there is a tiny undercurrent of hops. However, this is a light beer, so whatever hops are there will just be dry and bitter-tasting, no floral or citrus notes, obviously.

This is one of the more flavorful light beers. However, if you want the fullest taste from a light beer, Coors Light has the most by a long shot.

It doesn't beat Coors Light, but it is good. I like Miller Lite a lot. It has no off-putting aromas or taste notes. I just simply can't understand all the bad ratings.

All in all, this is a light beer. Beer gurus shouldn't be reviewing it, because it's not meant to taste like fruit, chocolate, or pine trees. It's a light beer in high demand by the masses, which prevents it from being composed of high level ingredients. So what? Most food you eat is that way. (1,336 characters)

3.6/5  rDev +55.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I'd have to say this has been my 30-pack session beer for several years now. One thing I can say is this beer has never bitten me on the back end, even with many servings in a session. My rating is for within its categery - light lager or light pilsner. Speaking of pilsener, I'd rather have one of these than a Pilsner Urquell (sp?). Pours a nice golden color for a light beer, and actually has some taste to it. Cheers! (421 characters)

3.58/5  rDev +54.3%

While it may not be the most popular or best selling light beer in America, Miller Lite is definitely the best tasting. That point cannot be argued. As far as light beers go, Miller presents us with much more taste and mouthfeel than other leading light beers. The only light beer that can rival it is Sam Adams Light. I am a big fan of paying for and drinking better beers, however, if I plan to drink all night (maybe a little in excess) the beer that I choose is one that I can handle a lot of and enjoy the taste: Miller Lite. (530 characters)

3.58/5  rDev +54.3%

A - Mediocre head, light yellow color. Highly carbonated.

S - Corn, bread. Very subdued.

T - Corn, bread, and grain.

M - Undeniably light.

D - Very good. Another great example of an easy to drink American brew.

Miller Lite is not a craft beer. Therefore, judging it by similar standards not only displays inherent bias towards particular styles- it's undeniably moronic. To think that this classic American beer occupies the bottom of the list... (461 characters)

3.57/5  rDev +53.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

LOOK
Large white head. Decent retention and lacing. Clear, light yellow body. Moderate carbonation.

SMELL
Clean. Mild malt. A little bit of graininess.

TASTE
Starts out clean, smooth, and mildly malty. However it ends with a graininess that detracts from the smoothness. Very mild floral hops in the background. Light and drinkable. Not bad if you don't mind the grainy flavor.

FEEL
Very light body. Lots of carbonation. Smooth. Easy to drink.

OVERALL
For a light beer this actually has decent beer flavor. I can taste the malts and even some hops. But I also taste a corn graininess. This is a watery beer that is made to be easy-drinking. Overall it's pretty good for what it is. If it was all malt this would be NICE. But alas, it's an adjunct lager. That's probably why it was so cheap. Easy to drink a bunch of these ice cold. Miller Lite gets the job done with low calories and a low price. The flavor and overall experience are just OK. But for what it is as a cheap, light adjunct lager it's pretty good. (1,041 characters)

3.56/5  rDev +53.4%

Still feel this is easily the best US macro-brewed light beer. It actually has some taste. This is my go to beer if I'm out tailgating or watching sports and need something cold, refreshing and in a quantity that won't have me draining the wallet. I will take this over Bud or Coors, everytime. (294 characters)

3.55/5  rDev +53%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Well, not light, but it is still being in the avoiding beers field. I would bet it used to be better but the ambiscious made the owners to low the quallity. The foam is almost unexistant and did not really got the point about the difference with some other beers. At least is not that discusting as some other macro lagers. (323 characters)

3.54/5  rDev +52.6%

Good Ol Miller Lite. Its my favorite lite beer but its nothing to write home about.

A: Piss Yellow with a cheap head.

S: A typical beer "I smell the booze on you, have you been drinking?" scent.

T: very very light and no beer bloat. I could drink 20 of these and still feel just tipsy/buzzed and feel like I was drinking at all.

M: Excellent. Very light and thirst quenching!

D: Put on your drinking boots and put your liver to work cause you gotta work for the buzz! Its a good pizza beer. (495 characters)

3.52/5  rDev +51.7%

A lot of people are acting like beer snobs. This beer is what is. It's not meant to enjoy while sitting at dinner or while watching tv late night. This beer is for people looking to act stupid and get blacked out. And for this it is good. It's not a beer I would choose to drink but it has its place and is a clear leader in piss water category. (345 characters)

3.51/5  rDev +51.3%

I'm pretty sure that everyone looking at this knows about this beer, so I won't go into great detail. Yeah, its completely clear and devoid of any fullness in the nose or taste. But, it doesn't taste offensive, in my opinion, the taste is rather good given the lack of complexity. Its carbonation is just right to create a refreshing mouthfeel, and we all know that nothing could stop you from drinking these all night if you put your mind to it.
My favorite BMC, hands down. (476 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +50.9%

I've always had an affection for this beer. I know it's really nothing more than watered down light lager, but, sometimes that's just alright with me. And if you close your eyes and take a sip, you can taste the pilsner deep within screaming to get out. (253 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +50.9%

This is not a fancy beer.

This does not pretend to be a fancy beer.

It is a light yellow color and smells like corn and sweetness. Very drinkable, unlike other American macros (Bud Light). I pick this up occasionally and always know what to expect : a thirstquenching beer with no pretensions. (299 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +50.9%

Appearance: Average-looking beer. A bit more lively than Bud Light, maybe not as much foam. Definitely looks less carbonated.

Smell: Smells a bit malty. I can also sense some hops. One of the most neutral smells out there.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Very smooth, crisp, and clean. Tastes fairly hoppy. Decent carbonation without tasting like soda water.

Drinkability: Probably the easiest light macro to drink.

Overall: Miller Lite ranks as the best light macro beer due to its subtle hoppiness and lack of skunked qualities. (519 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +50.9%

When you rate this beer you have to compare it to other lite beers. That being said, it has more color than a bud or coors and many others, and has more flavor and a stronger smell than many lite beers. Whether one likes it or not is subjective. Yeah, it probably does taste like water after you've had a few. That's usually the case with ANY light beer. You don't drink a lite beer like wine and sip it for an hour. Most people I know who drink any light beer aren't looking for spectacular taste or want to sit and analyze the flavor sip by sip. They want cold, refreshing alcohol that won't fill them up, and usually its only the first sip of a light beer that I've ever heard, " damn that's good". This is basically that, drink it before it gets warm, don't expect a lot of impressive flavor. It's a straight up beer. Few people crave salads, they don't offer excessive and awesome flavor, but its something to eat. Few people crave light beer, but its a beer to drink. (973 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +50.9%

I laugh at 90% of these reviews who think they know beer. This is the American light lager beer catagory. I actually prefer this brand over the others bud,coors, etc.
It has the best corn smell and has more hops Like I remember back in the 70's

Without all the drama a solid 3.5

Cheers (287 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +50.9%

Poured from the new Vortex bottle into a pint glass.

A: Clear, pale straw color, basically what you'd expect from a light lager. A little bit of a head but that fades before too long.

S: Faint aromas of malt and hops make up this one. Not too much going on, but again, that's to be expected from a light lager. A little more scent than other light lagers from BMC, however.

T: Very crisp taste, with a bit of tart fruitiness present in the finish. Faint grains along with faint malts/hops. Very good for a mass produced light beer.

M: Light mouthfeel. Miller Lite has a pretty decent amount of carbonation with a smooth finish.

D: Very good drinkability. Easy to throw back a few of these.

A very respectable mass produced light lager. This one takes first place in the battle of light BMC beers in my opinion. Always a good pick me up. (845 characters)

3.48/5  rDev +50%

Honestly, my first review. Been drinking Beer for awhile, been reading Beer reviews for a little less longer, been reviewing Beer myself for a very short time (so far as yet.)

Miller Lite is my go-to cheap Beer. It's what my wife drinks. It's what I'll drink when I'm serving others, and I still want to semi-enjoy what I've got. I love hundreds of other Beers, and I'll pay plenty for a worthy Beer other than Miller Lite. But, when it comes to $13 for for a case, not a sixer, I'm down.

I'm not a Bud fan, I'm really not a Coors fan, and I can't do anything less than $10 a case - natty, busch, whatever; unless I'm using it for Beer pong, it isn't much worth drinking. I can always do some Miller Lite, because it's easy to go down, it has a hint of flavor, and it makes me happy. I can drink an entire case, or just enjoy one or two at dinner. It's very easy going down past your palette, it's bubbles make you think it's soda, it's little malt taste makes you think it might be Beer. A session Beer for sure; an enjoyable Beer, not so much. If you're trying to branch out to real Beer flavor, taste, and enjoyment, work towards this one at the very least. If you don't like anything that tastes slightly like malt, hops, barley, or flavor, go somewhere else. But Beeradvocate isn't the place for you either then I guess. (1,327 characters)

3.47/5  rDev +49.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

My favorite off the major commercial pilsners. Slightly more hop flavor than budlight and significantly tastier than coors. Has low ratings but for what it is, it always delivers and never disappoints. If I'm drinking all day this is my go to. (243 characters)

3.47/5  rDev +49.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Bottles, cans, draft...

A - pale, golden yellow, 1/2 inch of froth, minor lacing

S - bitter, bland, stale

T - watery but light, bitter, a little hoppy, malty

M - clean, slight stale aftertaste

O - judging it for what it is and for the style/class that it's in, it's one of the best (286 characters)

3.46/5  rDev +49.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - pours a crystal clear, extremely pale, straw-like color with a decent head that actually retains a bit longer than it's genre contemporaries. No lacing to speak of.

Smell - light grainy smell, husky, very very faint hop spicy aroma...

Taste - what taste? hah, jk...actually isnt that bad for a macro light lager to be honest. grainy flavor, very light, almost nonexistent hop presence, ...not too much to describe really.

Mouthfeel - Not as soda-like carbonation as a budweiser, but is pretty carbonated, very light, watery body, very smooth.

Drinkability - Not a bad beer in my opinion. It is what it is...a light macro lager. Sure, it may not have the depth, complexity, body, etc of a craft beer but that's not what they're aiming for. Very drinkable. (771 characters)

3.46/5  rDev +49.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Reviewed to style, per BJCP category 1A guidelines. I found this in my in-laws fridge, it's not something I would normally drink, but I'm not going to slam it because it doesn't taste like an IPA.

A - Poured a pale yellow color, aggressively poured to get a 1/2" head which faded to just a ring around the outside. No lacing.

S - Sweet corn, a light green apple sourness. Little to no bitterness. I'm not getting any hop character.

T - Light corn sweetness, maybe a slight peppery note. Lingering light spicy flavor.

M - The carbonation provides a nice bite, it's somewhat creamy. It's very light but not quite watery.

O - This is really what a baseline light lager is supposed to taste like. It's clean and light, there are no weird off flavors. (752 characters)

3.45/5  rDev +48.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 3.5

*Come on Bros! A 59/100 rating?!?! It's not even worth the time they took to rate it!*

(Paring this with pork tacos, and it's the perfect match)

A- Just looks like an American beer: yellow, golden straw appearance. It has a head that is typical to miller beers: big, frothy, with lots of large carbination bubbles. Actually leaves an OK lacing for a light lager. Lacing puts this beer into the next point over average.

S- Musty, wet grains, sweet, very light spice. Beady as well. The light breadiness makes it slightly above average.

T- Sweet, grainy, slightly spiced from the hops (SLIGHT). Crisp and refreshing, with a clean water taste. Very carbonated! Malty breadiness is noticeable. But grainy and sweet are the tastes here in Miller Lite.

M- Just like water. Very thin body and super easy to put down. That's it! But because it's not water I'm drinking, it won't get a 5 from me.

*Overall, Miller Lite is fine. There's nothing wowing about it, but it's certainly not offense in any way. It's main issue is that it's just another run of the mill American lager. It's got only a slight spicy hop note, but that's about all that makes it different from Bud or Coors Light. But please don't bash this beer, even if you are a craft beer drinker (if I wasn't a craft beer enthusiast, why would I be reviewing beers on this site?). (1,338 characters)

3.43/5  rDev +47.8%

This beer is probably my favourite American beer, even though I'm not a big fan of the "yellow stuff". I once heard a friend of mine from the United Kingdom say that American beer is for children, and I think that pretty much sums it right up. Anyway, Miller Lite is easily the least awful American beer. It is still quite literally urine yellow and has the typical yeasty, bread smell of all other American beer. The taste, however, at least in my opinion, is pretty good for what it is. A decent, light-weight mouthfeel with a watery finish with alot of carbonation (almost like Sprite in the carbonation dept.). For a near thirst quenching beer on a hot summer day after labouring outdoors, you can't beat Miller Lite: Inexpensive, clean and crisp, little or no after taste, and just a damn good beer to be an American mainsteam beer. (837 characters)

3.4/5  rDev +46.6%

A - Pours clear, straw/yellow color with a white, bubbly 1 inch head that leaves no lacing on the glass.

S - Grainy, light beer-like, but with some hint of Pilsner malt.

T - Compared to other light lagers, this has some flavor. Tastes of mild Pilsner malt.

M - Thin, biting carbonation.

D - Tastes great, less filling.

Overall - If I rated this beer solely by comparison to other light lagers of the same class, it would be an A+. So instead, I also considered it's qualities as a beer in general. This is a good beer for what it is. (Whisper) I actually like it quite well. For the number of calories, it has good flavor and it seems to have more body than the others. I think I just changed brands for my "day on the boat" beer or when I just want something lighter. (773 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.