Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,106 | Hads: 4,126
2.5/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not a great beer but definitely a beer that I can sit down and drink anytime. Best word to describe it is average. It never disappoints but you also never say damn that was a good beer. The appearance and smell are bland but it does go down easy. I usually keep a 6 pack on hand since most of my wife's friends can't handle my Hefe's or Wit's. (343 characters)

1.68/5  rDev -27.6%

A friend left a couple of bottles in my fridge, so what the hell. The bottle actually says "355 mL" -- they don't export this crap, do they?

Pours a dehydrated piss yellow with a fluffy white head that quickly fades to white patchiness in the center of my glass. Poured into an Arrogant Bastard shaker to try to scare it into tasting like something.

Smells like water. Honestly, I smell nothing.

Has some taste though. By some, I mean hardly any. If you soaked some corn in some vodka and boiled off most of the alcohol, I think you'd be pretty close to this recipe. I used to think that this stuff tasted terrible when I drank it in high school; now I don't think it tastes like much of anything, good or overly bad.

Mouthfeel? Ha, sure. Nope.

Unfortunately, there's one more of these in my fridge. Hopefully someone will come over soon and discard it for me. Probably tastes good if poured into a funnel.

I have fond memories of trying this in high school, proclaiming, "I hate beer," and promptly swilling a liter or so of Jim Beam. Ah, how I've grown. (1,073 characters)

2.18/5  rDev -6%

had this one at a local bar for a nickel a pitcher. every wednesday night is nickel pitchers so i figured no harm in trying it out. Poured out a light colored yellow into the plastic cup they gave me. Head was pearly white but didnt stick around for long. lacing was little to nothing. aroma was non-existant. first sip tasted like beer flavored water. slight taste of corn husks and a slight sugar sweetness, Tasted like they added a lot of water to the tap on wednesday night. not a bad beer if youre paying 5 cents per pitcher. finish was wet and tasteless. enjoy (566 characters)

2.22/5  rDev -4.3%

This is one of those beers that I believe the bros should create a new style style category for: piss beer. Joking aside, this beer is not as horrible as bud lite or coors lite. This is far from a compliment, however, as this beer is still one of the worst in the world. It has the light yellow appearance that I have come to excpect from BMC, and it just looks more like urine than beer. Carbonated urine. The smell is no different than any other light lager, either, smelling of corn and grain. The taste is surprisingly earth and grainy, or at least more so than bud light and coors light. This beer is not worth money when there are so many better options out there, but when faced with the choice between it and its competitors, vote miller lite. (751 characters)

2.33/5  rDev +0.4%

This review isn't meant to sound apologetic but one of the most efficacious methods of recognising a great beer is to have, at intermittent periods, a poor, or sub-standard beer. It's all part of the learning experience.

Now that I have slummed it a bit it's back to my Kapuziner. (283 characters)

2.33/5  rDev +0.4%

This is one I’ll go to under dire circumstances, was a beer I thought was decent before I became educated.

Pours out a slightly yellow tinged shade of water…haha, seriously this is scarily clear. I’m talking you could read the newspaper through this. A head rolls up nicely, but disappears just as quickly.

Aroma is kinda crisp, but still has a mushy “corniness” hovering above it.

Taste isn’t so bad for what it is, real light and crisp when ice cold. Light malt presence up front with a bit of an adjuncty flavor in the middle and a crisp little hop finish.

I can think of worse things to drink when out at a swill bar, it is what it is. (657 characters)

2.83/5  rDev +22%

had on tap at local swill joint with little else to offer(only beer on draft). appearence is a robust gold with heavy carbonation. very little head with no retention. very light lacing. smell was very little. slightly sweet/sour. taste was light, watery, and unimpressive. little or no hop character. slight corn flavor mixed with rusty iron. slightly bitter aftertaste. mouthfeel is light, bubbly seltzer-like. drinkability is better than average because of ability to drink a dozen without breaking a sweat. not all bad. a swill bar favorite. (544 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +22.8%

Pale straw color with a large bubbled white head at first which settles to a film. Has light-decent carbonation. Light cooked corn araoma and taste and not much else. Crisp and dry overall with a touch of sweetness. Light bodied and refreshing.

Hard to believe this was one of my favorites for so long before seeing the "light"...

Per can: "Pilsner Brewed", 96 cal, 3.2g carbs, 0.9g protien, 0 fat.
Per Miller website: 4.2% ABV

'03294' lasered on bottom
Tasted: 07/22/04

(12 oz. can) (497 characters)

2.65/5  rDev +14.2%

Pale yellow, like straw or every other American Macro that you're likely to come across at a BBQ party or a smelly college apartment. No head.

Sweet, more flavorful than say Bud, but not a complex flavor. A little corny. Best when poured into a tall glass and drank like water. (280 characters)

2.58/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Had this at a friends 4th of July shindig after I ran out of the beer I brought.. I learned one important lesson that day.. When you bring good beer to a house that usually has shite beer they will drink your good stuff first!! Oh well. It pours a light yellow smells like nothing. The taste is boring and adjunct laden. The best thing that can be said for this beer is that it goes down easy after you have had several beers before it. It is drinkable because its not like drinking much. I wont buy it but if someone hands me one I am not snobby enough to turn it down (569 characters)

2.28/5  rDev -1.7%

440ml silver can

Pours with a light yellow body, little head , retention or lacing

Smell, corn adjuncts, little malty whiff

Taste, crisp, dry and corny, not much else to speak of

A standard pale, light adjunct lager, nothing offensive but dull as could be (267 characters)

4.08/5  rDev +75.9%

At the first whiff after the cap comes off, the odor brings a common or everyday average brew to your mind. Upon the first sip, you can right off the bat tell its a light beer even if the label is ripped off or its on tap. The smell alone brings an average, not not be appealing to some. As the beer sits in your mouth you can defiantly feel the carbantion and the freshness. I give the drinkability something rare and perhaps good. May seem like an average beer to some, but good to me. I suggest to drink it down cold. You can tell this isn't supposed to be a specialty beer, but defiantly beats Bud Light in the taste test to my standerds. (642 characters)

1.89/5  rDev -18.5%

full foamy white head, clear light yellow color. not all that bad in appearance and expected for the style.
sour tartish aroma. not sure where thats coming from.
light on flavor overall. sort of watered down. not bad, just uhh light?? after sitting for a while still not much bitterness or anything else. no bad aftertaste though.
yeah, drink it cold from the bottle and its ok. (381 characters)

2.42/5  rDev +4.3%

Had a mug of this at a local diner. It was the only thing on tap and cost $1. I thought, "What the hell, I can't remember the last time I had this, and I can rate it for Beer Advocate!"

Man, this beer is lighter than even the lagers I'm used to having. It looks like light yellow water with a large, but very unsubstantial head. Quite carbonated, thanks to the tap, I guess.

Its smell is very light. Just a hint of grain and maybe a teeny note of hops.

The taste surprised me because it wasn't bad. Just very, very light. Maybe I didn't taste any off flavors because I was drinking it extra cold.

As far as light beers go, this one is OK. With its light taste and body you could drink a ton of 'em, which I guess is Miller's point. (743 characters)

1.95/5  rDev -15.9%

There are several Big Questions for many Americans: Ford vs. Chevy, apple pie vs. cherry pie, Betty vs. Veronica, Red Sox vs. Yankees and McDonald's vs. Burger King. Where one sits on these most important questions of our times speaks volumes about one's character and good sense. Loyalty to one or the other often runs strong and deep with many a long night in a dimly lit bar spent arguing the merits of one particular side.

With that in mind, I decided to answer, for myself, another of the Big Questions, namely Bud Light vs. Miller Lite. Neither has much to recommend it, but one has to be better, er... less bad... doesn't it? My Bud Light review is already 'in the can' so to speak, so here we go with the Miller.

Absolutely clear, pale straw. The head is very nearly cotton white and actually seems to have some substance to it. It's not that impressive, but it is more dense than I expected. A little lace is actually beginning to stick to the upper reaches of the glass. The smell isn't impressive, but neither is it offensive. Mildly toasted grain is about it. The taste is sub-par, but isn't as nasty tasting as the Bud Light was. Slightly sour grain with a mild bitter bite is about all that I can appreciate.

The mouthfeel is thin, watery and overly fizzy. In other words, it's a lite/light version of a macro lager. I will never buy this beer again and would have second thoughts about drinking it if nothing else was available. That said, I'd at least be able to get it down and keep it down, unlike Bud Light. So there you have it. Miller wins the battle of the lightweights, although that isn't saying a whole helluva lot.

Oh yeah, the answers to the questions posed above are: neither one, cherry, Veronica, ML baseball can kiss my fed up, disillusioned ass, and Wendy's. (1,804 characters)

3.16/5  rDev +36.2%

Not a bad beer, not a good beer, but not a bad beer. Best of the big three in taste and drinkablility. It's a good session brew for the price, and one hell of a good fall back beer. Not a brew for a fine lobster meal, but it gets the job done after a hot days work. (265 characters)

2.02/5  rDev -12.9%

Appearance - pours a pale, sparkling yellow into a beer mug. White fizzy head never exceeds a half-finger. A few bubbles hang out on the surface. On a hot day this could look appealing, otherwise lower your expectations mightily.

Aroma - stale grain at first develops into a light sweet corn. One of the few beers that I really prefer not to sniff. Just nothing pleasant here. Reminds me of those parties of my youth, when you woke up the next morning and had to clean up the party site, cleaning up cups half-full of warm, flat, beer, this one kinda smells like that almost right outta the can.

Taste - weak malts, diluted corn actually, lots of bubbles, giving it a club soda saltiness, probably helps to mask the absence of any hops. The colder this beer is imbibed, the better, mid-30s would be ideal. Aftertaste is a salty, stale grain taste with just a touch of sweetness. Again, palatable at best if icy cold, but approaches undrinkability fast as it warms, I find myself not enjoying the last few chugs.

Mouthfeel - thin, crispy, very carbonated. For a thirst quencher, it fits the bill, but otherwise has no character and offers no help to the overall profile.

Drinkability - I bought this 12-pack thinking someone in our sand volleyball league liked it, but I was wrong. IMO, it's not really a good summer beer if you plan to have it in play for more then ten minutes. It gets nasty as soon as it climbs into the upper 40's in temp. Perhaps it was the inspiration for beer funneling. Better as a winter party beer, a football game when it's nice and cold outside, ice fishing, intramural curling leagues, those kinds of things. (1,641 characters)

2.75/5  rDev +18.5%

Had this with pizza as Bud Lite was also served and I thought id see if there was any difference. It poured a clear straw-like yellow-gold with a fair one-inch white head. Carbonation is up so some fizz aids in taking the head to a very thin film, if at all. Lace is in small spots, to nothing. The aroma is grain, can-like, not sweet. The taste is also grain, semi sweet corn with a citric hop note that pretty faint. The mouthfeel is left with a dry metal feel, again perhaps the can. Drinkability was just ok. Nothing i'll turn down if offered and its priced reasonable. Not one i'd keep in my home stock. As for the Bud Lite, I thought Miller did a better job. The appearance is not as watery, the head show's up, and you get some citric taste backed by the corn, where-as AB tends to skunk it up abit. A true Pilsner beer, ha, ok perhaps. (843 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -18.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

24 oz. bottle.

Grainy and thin with little to no characteristics of beer. This is the only macro I'll drink draughts of besides Bass, but the bottle is far too thin -- even for this beer -- in body, smell, and flavor. Hints of graininess touched with a digested hoppiness. This is the trendsetter for swill.

Relax, relax.
ng (331 characters)

2.2/5  rDev -5.2%

Appearance: Piss in a glass with a small head that dissipates quickly.
Smell: Light malt smell.
Taste: Crisp and light. There isn't much to it. It can be refreshing at times.
Mouthfeel: Boring.
Drinkabilty: This is may be the most drinkable macro out there, but you get what you pay for. (291 characters)

2.19/5  rDev -5.6%

The pour was a light yellow with just a hint of head that peeked at you and said, "Here I am, just kidding!" None the less it quickly dissapated to absolutely nothing.

The smell was the only saving grace to this swill. A mix of light floral with a grainy/malty hint in the back of the nose.

The taste started like water, had a middle like water and finished like soda water. But even through all of the water it left a strange mix of very light hop spice with wood in the mouth at the end.

It was fairly refreshing and would make a descent lawnmower beer. But why pick this for lawnmowing with so many more tasteful choices out there. (643 characters)

2.32/5  rDev 0%

I had free drink coupons on Southwest, so what the hey...

This lite beer can says it's 96 calories. I poured it into a plastic cup.

It pours a pale orange, or maybe yellow with a tint of orange. Definitely darker than the Fosters I had on my other flight. The beer has 1-3mm of head that quickly apologizes for its existence by disappearing without even so much as a little lace. Hark! Who goes there? Am I hallucinating a hop aroma? I think I am! Elusive thing, though, I couldn't pick it up later on in the tasting. I had a Westy 12 about 2 hours early, is it possible that some of that nectar was still in my mouth until it was washed away by the Miller Lite? We may never know unless I get more free drink coupons.

On tasting, the only thing I could pick up at first was the deadening cold and the intense carbonation stinging my taste buds. When I recovered, I could start to sense some light malt. This too was ephemeral. Bitterness was minmal to mild. Body was light, but not completely watery. Not impressed overall, but I was pleasantly surprised with the hint of aroma and malt. (1,098 characters)

1.91/5  rDev -17.7%

Probaly the darkest color light beers amongst the macros, could literally not distinguish a molecule of arom. It seemed highly charged with carbonation. There actually was some substance to the taste, detected a corn malt sweetness and just a hint of hop aftertaste. Besides Sam Adams, its probaly the fullest and tastiest of the lights, but so what. (350 characters)

3.2/5  rDev +37.9%

The beer pours a pale gold color with a thick frothy white head that fades to lacing. The aroma is decent, for a light beer that is. It has a light malt scent with little or no hops. The is a small amount of lager yeast aroma. The taste is average. It has a watered down malt flavor with a bitter skunky finish. It refreshes on the way down, but this beer is for amatuers. The mouthfeel is fine. It is a low bodied beer with lots of carbonation. This beer is about average as far as these types of beers go. It one and done for me. I prefer Michelob light to this. (564 characters)

2.14/5  rDev -7.8%

I think i'll start my beer reviewing career at the bottom, and work my way up. As such, i'll begin with Miller Lite and the ilk. I drank this brew from a St. Bernardus chalice, hoping it would make this canned beer have some appeal at an unconscious level.

This watery pilsner makes me sad when I consider that this type of beer represents the great country of America. Though I prefer Miller over, say, Bud Light or Coores Light, this is still a last-resort type beer...or something I'd only drink from a keg when I had $5 to spend and wanted to get wasted.

On the plus side, i did put it before other macro's because of its slightly sweeter taste and slight hop presence. (stressing the word slight).

In all, not much can be said about Miller Lite that hasn't already be stressed in detail by other, more concise reviews. But accept Miller Lite as it is. This beer will be around for decades, I guarantee it! (920 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.