Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
3.5/5  rDev +62%

Appearance: Average-looking beer. A bit more lively than Bud Light, maybe not as much foam. Definitely looks less carbonated.

Smell: Smells a bit malty. I can also sense some hops. One of the most neutral smells out there.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Very smooth, crisp, and clean. Tastes fairly hoppy. Decent carbonation without tasting like soda water.

Drinkability: Probably the easiest light macro to drink.

Overall: Miller Lite ranks as the best light macro beer due to its subtle hoppiness and lack of skunked qualities.

1.61/5  rDev -25.5%

The appearance is the best feature of this brew... Arrives a pale yellow with a very thin fizzy head... Clear as a bell with quite a bit of active carbonation...

Very strange metallic aromas coming off of this one mix with a light toasted graininess... Rather unappealing... Maybe a little floral hops but not much a all...

Grainy toastiness up front which quickly fades into a metallic aftertaste with lots of fizziness and corn flavors... Very thin and watery mouthfeel, almost feels lighter than water if that were possible..

A favorite of many Joe Six Packs but I don't like this one at all.. I like beer with some flavor..

2.44/5  rDev +13%

I really only review macros when they have some special memories to them. This one used to be my go to beer. I would prefer to drink this back before I discovered craft beer. This beer is pretty annoying. They use all kinds of terms that real beer use. They bastardize these terms. Using claims like "great pilsner taste" and "triple hops brewed".

A- Thin, loosely formed white head fizzes up and fades away like 7-up. The beer is crystal clear, barely yellow. Some active effervescence created by my pilsner glass.

S- Sweet and malty, but not in a good way. This might be one of the best smelling macros though. There even is a slight hint of floral hops.

T- Again, sweet and malty. Corn, rice and thats about it. Hops dont really exist. There is a faint, faint floral finish but thats it.

M- Water. Bubbly water.

D- I always rate drinkablility high for these beers. Not filling, goes down like water. I guess Ive been trained to stomach beers like this.

2.35/5  rDev +8.8%

I'm new to this site and hope my findings help others out. =]

A- pale, almost clear, yellow, with little to no head.

S- a corny alcoholic scent, almost nutty

T- Tollerable, but nothing more than that. It tastes like tonic water, stale hops, and corn.

M- Moderate to severe carbination, like a beer flavored soda.

D- It goes down like water, but theres no enjoying this beer.

2.11/5  rDev -2.3%

Serving glass: Poured from can into clear plastic glass.

Appearance: Clear, light gold with wispy white head.

Smell: Corn, sweet graininess.

Taste: Sweet grain, corn, and a slight detection of spicy hops.

Feel: High carbonation, light body, funny light beer finish.

Drinkability: Despite being boring, it is easy to drink, so probably deserves a 2.5. But when a brewer throws around BS terms such as "triple hopped brewed" and "true Pilsner", it just annoys me, so it gets docked extra.

2.66/5  rDev +23.1%

I guess its important to keep in mind style when reviewing a beer like this, and the truth is Miller Lite isn't a bad light beer - in fact its the best of the Big 3 to my palate - particularly out of the bottle.

Appearance is golden straw with bright white thin bubbly head. Nothing too exciting here. Nose is like metallic straw, not bad, but nothing positive. To me, below a 2 is something that smells gross, otherwise its just not good.

Taste is like watered down beer - very watery, a little hoppy, dry alcohol. Definitely a significant amount of corn here. Mouthfeel has the dryness and the watery body. Definitely drinkable...if not exceedingly enjoyable.

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

Pours a pale yellow with a small white head that dissipates quickly leaving very little lacing.

Smells slightly of grain and corn.

Tastes like water with grain and corn added.

Mouthfeel is very much like water and highly carbonated.

Not very drinkable after the first sip, doesn't make you want more...but I'd drink free one on a hot summer day/at a party.

2.12/5  rDev -1.9%

look: I drank it from a keg. it was an average looking keg, although I only saw the top as it was sitting in a garbage bin of ice.

Smell: The basement was dark, damp, and rank of skunk beer. Also, one of the guy holding me was wearing sweat pants, so he may not have showered that day.

taste: I can't say I was impressed by the taste, but then again I'm not sure I recall tasting much of anything. It could be that I was caught up in the moment or because it lacked flavor.

M - The tapper felt weird in my mouth. I'm not use to that.

D - Surprisingly easy to drink. Again, this may be because I was caught up in the moment, or because I swore I was drinking water. Either way, I was able to drink it for over 32 seconds (the crowd was kind enough to keep count) while being held upside down, so I have to give it a good drinkability score.

*tounge in cheek review

1.51/5  rDev -30.1%

I try not to prejudge beers, but with 'lights' and 'ices' I find myself doing so despite myself.

My dad works as a bartender. Tonight I stopped by his bar after work (late at night). He had mistakenly given someone a miller light when they had asked for a budlite. I was going to pick on him about it, but as he went to grab her the beer she had requested he instead grabbed and opened another miller lite. I saw what he was doing and said four times that he had grabbed a miller light but he didn't hear me. I was like rainman on that shit; "that's a miller. that's a miller. that's a miller." But he opened it anyway and realized his mistake as he was handing it to her.

So I teased him about that for most of the night but at the end of the evening he had two opened miller lights in the cooler and offered me one... I was out of money, so why not? Ended up he wouldn't drink the other one so I had to drink it for him to.

The first one I didn't taste much at all. Might be that I still had heineken on the palate or it might be that it just didn't have any flavor; but by the second time I the miller taste kicked in and depressed the shit out of me.

It was barely any color at all, like an underdyed yellow easter egg; and had a thin and quickly receding white head. Smelled like hardly anything but vaguely like a lager that had been spilled the day before and no one had cleaned it up quite yet.

The taste wasn't there for most of the two beers, on the second I started to feel bland malts and stale hops. The moment the taste registered it became difficult to finish. But I dind't want my dad to feel that he had wasted the beer so I took the rest of it down.

I've heard people say that some beers are like drinking water but I never understood it until today. This was like drinking a very stale water.

Pours a light yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

3.7/5  rDev +71.3%

Out of all the light American beers I like Miller lite the most. It has a nice color, really smooth when ice cold. Its great for tailgating and just hanging out with friends and knocking a few back. My second choice would be Coors lite. But I would recomend this beer for anyone looking for a good like domestic beer.

1.76/5  rDev -18.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

12oz bottle. Well, I'd call this one just about average for a light lager. This is actually the best of the Big 3 light beers, which is sort of like saying that Scottish terrier crap is the best tasting variety of dog crap. Wait, what is this? "Triple-hops brewed" with a "great pilsner taste?" If I'm rating to style, I've got this all wrong! This beer is obviously intended to be a world-class pilsner with a prominent hop character. With that in mind, let's do this, shall we?

Very pale yellow color, white head. Somewhat fizzy and soda-like.

Aroma? What aroma? Did my nose suddenly fail me? Oh...it must be that faint corny smell. A little sweet grainy malt as well. Not being terribly offensive saves this from a 1.0. Where are the hops?

Lots of corn in what little flavor there is. Pilsner? Not even close. The massive hop additions they claim seem to have brought this beer to about a whopping 10 IBUs. Less taste, less filling.

Watery and light on the palate. Not nearly as clean and crisp as a great pilsner.

Drinkable? Sure, but so is water. My overall impression on this beer though is not a very good one. This was review number #666 for me, which is appropriate, because this beer is, in the words of Bobby Boucher's mom on "The Waterboy," "The devil!"

1.88/5  rDev -13%

12oz can to pint glass.
Light straw color. Small head with little retention. Smell is corny, skunky, a little musty. Tastes of corn and metal. Pretty watery finish. Over carbonated. Not very drinkable for a light lager. Below average beer. At least it's low on carbs.

2.08/5  rDev -3.7%

Bright and clear, very light color. Head formation and retention was poor, with the bright white cap fizzling out in a hurry, leaving only a few traces on top and a thin ring around the edge.

Generic "beer" smell. More aroma than I wish there was. It comes through pretty strong. Really musty, like beer that had been sitting out overnight. Sour notes. Not even a whiff of hops.

Well, I prefer this to Bud Light. That's probably the best that can be said. With the "triple hops brewed" slogan, one might expect to at least be ready for some hops. Alas, nothing. It's really incredibly watery and finishes very clean. Light grain, not much sweetness. Doesn't taste too adjuncty. It's clean.

It's very light. Kind of fizzy, but not exceptionally so, as it's not straight out of the can or bottle.

This is really not very appealing at all. It is indeed a light lager, so it should be the kind of thing I could chug down, but there are too many unappealing aspects. I might even be being a little kind with the score. It's bad, but it's more or less to style. Beyond the first few ounces, it starts to get so boring

2.41/5  rDev +11.6%

A - Light straw gold with a good sized white, foamy head. Decent retention but little lacing left.

S - Light and clean. Grain and corn with a little hop smell.

T - Sweet corn and grain taste along with faint hop bitterness. A little mineral taste at the end.

M - Light and good carbonation. Crisp.

D - Easy to drink and refreshing. Similar to most beers of the style. Easy to drink and refreshing but not a great tasting beer.

Notes: Similar to most Macros. Not bad for a light lager and it has its place, but not really anything to drink.

2.25/5  rDev +4.2%

A light beer with an average tase. I had this in a bottle and, at the time, was very refreshing. There is nothing bad about this beer, it just gets old very quickly. Compare this to Busch Light but with more flavor and less drinkability. Better than most light beers.

Cheers!

1.7/5  rDev -21.3%

A: Pale, clear off-yellow with a medium white head.

S: Adjunct malts; I detect mostly corn. Not much else.

T/M: This has probably the most off-putting steamed-in-the-bag frozen vegetable taste I have ever encountered in a beer. This is followed by corn malts and just the slightest astringent hop bite, with a watery texture and way too much carbonation for its own good.

D: A BMC, and a low-end one at that. Why do people drink this?

1.93/5  rDev -10.6%

Reviewed side by side with Milwaukee's Best and MGD.

From a straight pour out of a can, Lite produces a weak white head that quickly fades to just a lace on top of a pale, light yellow.

The aroma was the weakest of the three, which is a good thing. I was disappointed to find that the triple hops did not show up. There is some corny aroma, but not as much as the rest. A slight, metallic off scent, pale malt, and not enough hops to cover the flaws.

The flavor is grainy and metallic in the middle, with a mess of a finish. It reminds me of stale beer, but this isn't stale. It lingers a bit much. This beer lost carbonation really quickly, and I wouldn't recommend pouring it in a glass. Straight from the can, it was a bit cleaner, as the higher carbonation helped hide the flaws. It still wasn't good, but it's still beer and I could tolerate it if I had to.

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

poured aggressively to get as much of a head as possible. foamy and white, lasted a minute.
smells like vegetables, pretty bland smell.
definitely a corn/rice taste. its what it is, miller lite. its not a drain pour either.
mouthfeel, too much carbonation, more like a cola than a beer as far as carbonation. on the upside, there is no aftertaste due to the lack of taste in general.
its drinkable, water is drinkable so this is drinkable.

1.88/5  rDev -13%

Pours a crystal-clear pale yellow into a pilsener glass. Pure white head rapidly turns to nothing.

Smells of corn and a little alcohol. Seriously... nothing else.

Tastes of corn again. Slight grainy flavor. Triple hops? My ass!! Extremely thin-bodied and watered down tasting with just the slightest alcohol aftertaste. Hey, at least it's easy to down (its one saving grace).

1.2/5  rDev -44.4%

This is my most hated of the BMC light versions. Idk what it is about this beer but I can't stand the thing. I have actually only drank this a few times now, but I don't think the more you drink the more you like it fits this beer. It has a taste that doesn't compare to the others, but not in a good way. I almost can't even describe it. I'm not keeping this in the fridge for a party.

2.41/5  rDev +11.6%

Pours a crystal clear golden color with a fizzy white heading. Leaves a little lacing at first then fizzes out to nothing.

Smell well there really isn't to much of an aroma. The slightest bit of a floral aroma,but a corn husk aroma is the most dominant.

Taste and Mouth a very thin. Not much of a body very watered down and overcarbonated. Mostly the taste of grainy corn husks.

Drink is decent because it is so light to drink without really getting a bad flavor. Drink it ice cold and you can have a bunch.

2.15/5  rDev -0.5%

The color is the very clear, pale yellow of a macro light. The head is, unsurprisingly, a wispy, thin foam that leaves nothing behind.
The nose is weak as expected but, like BL, at least it's clean. Notes of grains with maybe slightly more hops bitterness and citrus tinge.
There's not much flavor to this one, but it does seem like there's just slightly more substance to it than BL. There's some grain and corn husk, also incredibly weak.
The body is about the lightest it could possibly be without being water. Carbonation is fairly heavy.
This is essentially seltzer water. It's terribly watered-down and flavorless and there's really no enjoyment in drinking it.

2.31/5  rDev +6.9%

Review is from notes taken on 2/12/10 and poured from the tap to a 16 oz. plastic cup -- woot to drinking in bowling alley. Sadly, I drank a Bud Light just prior to this and as I drank this and took my notes, I found that they pretty much mirrored my review of the Bud Light. Sigh.

Appearance: Pale straw color, a little like urine (and no, I'm not just being snarky and sarcastic -- it really looks like the aforementioned fluid); starts with a 1 and 1/2 finger white head that fades quickly to a full, but very thin skim; body is perfectly clears and shows no real carbonation and no lacing.

Smell: Light grains and barly - smells very much like an adjunct as there's a faint whiff of corn-like maltiness... Overall it's faint and unappealing.

Taste: Thin and watery grains and barley; the corn-like sweet maltiness is in the back and is faint.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery, strong carbonation with a fairly clean finish -- overall though there's nothing to this.

Drinkability: I give it a three, but only because one could drink copious amounts in any sitting. I know I used to drink this a lot before find the wonderful world of craft, but taking trips down memory lane is not always a good idea.

Had on tap at a local bar. Triple hopped? I think not. Yellow and fizzy after the pour. Plain taste nothing outstanding like hops or malts. Some minor metal flavors. Smelled of stale over cooked corn and rice. Mouthfeel is pretty watery. Nothing to reach for again.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.