Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,119 | Hads: 4,212
2.28/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Surprised at reviewers here saying "don't feel hungover after drinking" etc etc ... er, it's an EXTREMELY light beer, like water with a beer crayon dipped in it. Of course you won't feel hungover, unless you drink a case.

Meh quality meh taste meh look. Cheap. Get what you pay for.

3.98/5  rDev +75.3%

This is the best tasting lawnmower beer and everyday drinker. Gives least amount of hangover and has best taste for any American style lite beer. Best beer for a night out drinking 4+ beers and not feeling bloated and sick that night or next day. If you are in a situation where you are drinking for a long period of time, there is simply no better choice.

3.78/5  rDev +66.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Out of the AAL category, this isn't too bad (especially compared to light beers). At least has a good amount flavor compared to the other light beers. I'm reaching for this over Corona, Dos Equis, Heineken, Coors Light, and Bud every single day if that's what's available. By far the best light beer.

Miller Lite, one sip and you'll know it's Miller Lite. Pretty distinctive taste, you can taste the watered down feeling of the beverage. Here in the Midwest (Chicago/Milwaukee area) it's quite popular and served at virtually every bar in the area.

2.79/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pint on tap at Howie's in Portland, Maine.

Appearance: Clear yellow with a slight white head that is gone quickly. Very carbonated.

Aroma: Not much. Some cooked corn, some very faint hops and grass.

Taste: Not much in the way of flavor, but not offensive. Some grassy hints along with mostly water.

Mouthfeel: Quite watery.

Overall: It's better than Bud Light. So is most stuff.

2.68/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Continuing with the light beer redux. I think this one is the grand daddy of them all, and I've always liked this one a little better than other light beers. A moderate pour from a tallboy can into a shaker pint produces a one inch head that dissipates rapidly, but leaves a ring of lace along the edge and an island in the middle. The beer is a pale straw color and highly carbonated.

Plenty of adjunct aroma which tones down as the beer progresses. The taste is rather sweet, with a faint touch of caramel. A touch of wet cardboard at first, but this also mellows out. The mouth feel is thin and watery, but with a little spritz on the tongue. Clean finish.

I can remember buying this brand when they came in eight packs of the little bottles. When I was a kid, these little bottles were popular for cruising down the road because of course you could drink them fast, but they also fit in your hand really well and were the best for throwing at road signs and mailboxes. I think Schmidt big mouth barrels were the best for this, or Mickey's grenades. Hitting one of those signs is harder than you might think because you have to take into account the speed of the vehicle, etc. So don't knock it.

2.29/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

This beer was poured from the bottle (new white vintage throwback label) at the Andiamo banquet hall in Warren, Michigan into a generic stange. It showed a shimmering bright yellow coloring and produced a stark white head of quickly thinning foam. This stood a finger and a half tall at its conception, but quickly faded into a film across the top of the liquid. Lacing was globular and sparse. No haze or sediment was noted, and carbonation appeared to be highly active. The aroma was simple and straightforward, offering biscuity pale and harsh adjuncty grain, dried wheat and straw, unsalted table crackers, basic lager yeast metallics, glass, stamp adhesive, burlap and gauze, skunky and old grassy hop airs, dried twigs and leafs, and heaps upon heaps of cheap and generic cereal grain grit and toast. The flavoring, too, followed suit as expected. Notes of bland adjuncty and Pilsner grain, toasted almonds, white printer paper, cleaner wheaty maltiness, dust, harsh yeasty metallics, foil, lemon rind, sweat, burlap, light green grassy hops, pound cake sweetness, straw, and dried mushrooms flood the palate. The body is light and washes the flavoring out, and carbonation is high, bubbling actively on the palate. Each sip gives lightly appropriate slurp, smack, cream, froth, and crisp finishing pop. The foam around the mouth was robust, leaving the palate prickled, dried, and somewhat puckered. The abv was appropriate, and the beer drank like water.

Overall, what really is there to discuss about this beer?! It is simple. It is light. It is intently mild in flavoring. Obviously a popular beer for the masses, we've had this one countless times before. The occasion for rating came at a friend's wedding, and it was used mainly as a palate cleanser between much more satisfying nips of delicious bourbon.

2.59/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

although it isn't my first choice anymore, I still don't mind drinking it. It was my go to in high school and is easy to drink in large quantities. Not a beer to really enjoy

2.7/5  rDev +18.9%

Wow, finally getting a chance to tick a major box with this one, can't believe I'm actually drinking a Miller Lite. No, seriously - I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ACTUALLY DRINKING A MILLER LITE. (How did this happen?)

Wanna thank my drinking buddies for all going with a classic "beer and a shot" tonight. Can't imagine another scenario by which I actually end up drinking this beer, so, thanks guys.

Classic white can, says "a fine pilsner beer". Guess we'll see?

It's a frothy pour. It's clean, and yeah, bland. It's not so bad, I guess. If I was drinking a beer just to drink a beer, and I didn't care a whit about flavor, if I just wanted something to back my whiskey, then okay, this isn't a terrible option, you're not a bad person for drinking it. Maybe with a crazy spicy meal.

Use it like the pink, pickled ginger you get with sushi - as a palate cleanser - and you're on defensible ground. But in any other situation, if you order this over other craft options, then yeah, maybe you ARE a bad person...

2.11/5  rDev -7%

Appearance: pours a 1" white head that drops rapidly with very faint lacing. Color is clear pale straw with plenty of streaming carbonation.
Aroma: mild corn sweetness and water.
Mouthfeel: light and fairly crisp.
Flavor: some corn sweetness, a bit of lightly toasted barley, no hops discernible.
Overall: it is what it is. No off flavors and not offensive but not much different from mineral water either.

3.83/5  rDev +68.7%

My rating is purely from the perspective of AALs. This is my go-to volume-drinking beer when quantity is the name of the game. Calorically-low, decent enough taste to bang down in between higher quality beers also. A mainstay in my beer fridge.

2.28/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Clear golden color, with a minimal but bubbly head. High carbonation. Yellow fizzy beer.

The carbonation and sweetness is what sticks out. The malt is noticeable, but would hardly be worth noting in any other beer. As expected, the feel is light. Reminds me of a 2.25 low-alcohol beer from back home.

I don't hate this beer. But damn is it forgettable.

I do love the classic can though. The best looking design of any American macro-lager - with the possible exception of PBR.

3.1/5  rDev +36.6%

Lite looks like piss. Smells nothing like good beer and has an aroma of old stale keg. But alas lest we forget. It tastes great. I won't drink coors light or bud light but for some reason a 12 pack of lite by miller never seems like a bad decision after they are gone. It just really damned drinkable. Period. I can't say that about whale testicle beer now can I?

Worst beer I've ever had. I know that the rating system is never supposed to be all 1s or all 5s, I get it...but there's no hope for Miller with this one. They should probably just shut down and stop feeding the bros.

3.09/5  rDev +36.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I feel like a fool for never reviewing this, as I have had 10,456 of them. If I give it a bad review, it will make me look like a masochist. One of things I like about this beer is that I can buy a 30 pack at Costco for 45 cents. Once I get them home I find them to be either a nice way to start the night (as they don't count as a drink) or a great way to end the night (don't waste a good drink if you can't stand up). This beer is liquid and not poisonous which gives it good points. It has little taste and makes me pee a lot which is bad. Overall I will likely buy 500 more of them this year, so I give it a thumbs up

2.92/5  rDev +28.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

I give Miller Lite a slightly higher overall score because it accomplishes its objective well; it's a cheap, ubiquitous macro beer that doesn't completely offend the palate. There are beers a whole lot worse than that.

1.96/5  rDev -13.7%

I drank this for the first time in my adult life last summer while staying in a rental house outside Charlevoix, MI. The weather was beautiful, the sun was hot, and I hadn't had a chance to make a run for my traditional Bell's and Short's. The folks who had just left left behind some food and drinks they weren't taking with them, and among those items was two cans of the Miller Lite.
I figured I'd have one. Really, what's the worst that could happen? I cracked open a can and walked around the property, taking in the breathtaking view of a valley of conifers and Grand Traverse Bay in the distance. I sipped, thinking it wasn't half bad. It wasn't great by any means, but it was ice cold, with a bland but inoffensive flavor and a mouthfeel of something slightly thicker than water.
I thought for a few minutes that Miller Lite had gotten a bad rep for no good reason; every beer has its place and Miller Lite's was here.
But then it got warm.
Halfway through the can it became less than ice cold and a foul, putrid taste rushed into its place. It coated the tongue and lips and offended the nose. I poured that garbage out and apologized to the wild grass it soaked.
Moral of the story: If you gotta drink Miller Lite, drink it cold and drink it fast.

2.09/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Cheap beer... I guess that is why it is quite popular among youth. Heavily used for beer games, and hence nobody can ever escape it. I won't be having it, if I was NOT into saving money.

3.57/5  rDev +57.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Large white head. Decent retention and lacing. Clear, light yellow body. Moderate carbonation.

Clean. Mild malt. A little bit of graininess.

Starts out clean, smooth, and mildly malty. However it ends with a graininess that detracts from the smoothness. Very mild floral hops in the background. Light and drinkable. Not bad if you don't mind the grainy flavor.

Very light body. Lots of carbonation. Smooth. Easy to drink.

For a light beer this actually has decent beer flavor. I can taste the malts and even some hops. But I also taste a corn graininess. This is a watery beer that is made to be easy-drinking. Overall it's pretty good for what it is. If it was all malt this would be NICE. But alas, it's an adjunct lager. That's probably why it was so cheap. Easy to drink a bunch of these ice cold. Miller Lite gets the job done with low calories and a low price. The flavor and overall experience are just OK. But for what it is as a cheap, light adjunct lager it's pretty good.

Overall, good when compared to other macrobrews in its' class, your typical small head pale yellow beer, smelling ever so slightly of hops but mostly just grain, slight lemony grain flavor, with a crisp finish, not what I normally drink but a decent buy compared to Budweiser, Coors, Busch, Natty Light, etc. Just know the limitations of this beer before buying.

Decent cheap AAL. Good for BBQs, as good as PBR or stag. Taste is not the deciding factor but screw Bud light. Grandpa and old man's go to beer, so I got a nostalgic feeling about it. I would rather have Hamm's though!

Miller is decent for a macro light. Bought one the other day. Miller is good. Better than bud light as far as taste. Compared to other macro light lagers this is a good one. More flavor. Ice cold it's a refreshing beer. I rate beers in this category against others in its class. Against Bud and Coors, this one is probably the best. And this is coming from a guy that is primarily a coors drinker. I don't know why i drink it more than miller really. Miller really is better.

If you like to take a glass, stick it in the toilet after a fresh piss and drink it, then this beer if for you. Smell is non existent taste reminds me of a fresh swim in piss river. Color is light Amber. Would not recommend this beer to anyone.

2.5/5  rDev +10.1%

Experienced in : US
Appealing to me : being "light"; slightly better than bud light and coors light
Less appealing to me : - - -

I am neutral on this beer.

2.98/5  rDev +31.3%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a BrewDog cervoise glass.

A: Perfectly clear yellow. Nice stark white head.

S: Lagery sweet, but not oppressively so.

T/M: You know, this isn't bad. This is kind of good. It's too sweet, to be sure. But it's real cold, it's quite refreshing, it's...flavorful. By far the best of the BMCs. I don't know about all this triple-hopped propaganda, but it DOES have a hop-like bite at the end. I would drink this. I am drinking this, and I'll finish it, and I'll (mostly kinda sorta) like it.

O: An average beer all things considered. Not just average for the big beers, but average for any pils of any stripe.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.