Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,112 | Hads: 4,170
3.09/5  rDev +36.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I feel like a fool for never reviewing this, as I have had 10,456 of them. If I give it a bad review, it will make me look like a masochist. One of things I like about this beer is that I can buy a 30 pack at Costco for 45 cents. Once I get them home I find them to be either a nice way to start the night (as they don't count as a drink) or a great way to end the night (don't waste a good drink if you can't stand up). This beer is liquid and not poisonous which gives it good points. It has little taste and makes me pee a lot which is bad. Overall I will likely buy 500 more of them this year, so I give it a thumbs up

2.92/5  rDev +28.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

I give Miller Lite a slightly higher overall score because it accomplishes its objective well; it's a cheap, ubiquitous macro beer that doesn't completely offend the palate. There are beers a whole lot worse than that.

1.96/5  rDev -13.7%

I drank this for the first time in my adult life last summer while staying in a rental house outside Charlevoix, MI. The weather was beautiful, the sun was hot, and I hadn't had a chance to make a run for my traditional Bell's and Short's. The folks who had just left left behind some food and drinks they weren't taking with them, and among those items was two cans of the Miller Lite.
I figured I'd have one. Really, what's the worst that could happen? I cracked open a can and walked around the property, taking in the breathtaking view of a valley of conifers and Grand Traverse Bay in the distance. I sipped, thinking it wasn't half bad. It wasn't great by any means, but it was ice cold, with a bland but inoffensive flavor and a mouthfeel of something slightly thicker than water.
I thought for a few minutes that Miller Lite had gotten a bad rep for no good reason; every beer has its place and Miller Lite's was here.
But then it got warm.
Halfway through the can it became less than ice cold and a foul, putrid taste rushed into its place. It coated the tongue and lips and offended the nose. I poured that garbage out and apologized to the wild grass it soaked.
Moral of the story: If you gotta drink Miller Lite, drink it cold and drink it fast.

2.09/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Cheap beer... I guess that is why it is quite popular among youth. Heavily used for beer games, and hence nobody can ever escape it. I won't be having it, if I was NOT into saving money.

3.57/5  rDev +57.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Large white head. Decent retention and lacing. Clear, light yellow body. Moderate carbonation.

Clean. Mild malt. A little bit of graininess.

Starts out clean, smooth, and mildly malty. However it ends with a graininess that detracts from the smoothness. Very mild floral hops in the background. Light and drinkable. Not bad if you don't mind the grainy flavor.

Very light body. Lots of carbonation. Smooth. Easy to drink.

For a light beer this actually has decent beer flavor. I can taste the malts and even some hops. But I also taste a corn graininess. This is a watery beer that is made to be easy-drinking. Overall it's pretty good for what it is. If it was all malt this would be NICE. But alas, it's an adjunct lager. That's probably why it was so cheap. Easy to drink a bunch of these ice cold. Miller Lite gets the job done with low calories and a low price. The flavor and overall experience are just OK. But for what it is as a cheap, light adjunct lager it's pretty good.

Overall, good when compared to other macrobrews in its' class, your typical small head pale yellow beer, smelling ever so slightly of hops but mostly just grain, slight lemony grain flavor, with a crisp finish, not what I normally drink but a decent buy compared to Budweiser, Coors, Busch, Natty Light, etc. Just know the limitations of this beer before buying.

Decent cheap AAL. Good for BBQs, as good as PBR or stag. Taste is not the deciding factor but screw Bud light. Grandpa and old man's go to beer, so I got a nostalgic feeling about it. I would rather have Hamm's though!

Miller is decent for a macro light. Bought one the other day. Miller is good. Better than bud light as far as taste. Compared to other macro light lagers this is a good one. More flavor. Ice cold it's a refreshing beer. I rate beers in this category against others in its class. Against Bud and Coors, this one is probably the best. And this is coming from a guy that is primarily a coors drinker. I don't know why i drink it more than miller really. Miller really is better.

If you like to take a glass, stick it in the toilet after a fresh piss and drink it, then this beer if for you. Smell is non existent taste reminds me of a fresh swim in piss river. Color is light Amber. Would not recommend this beer to anyone.

Experienced in : US
Appealing to me : being "light"; slightly better than bud light and coors light
Less appealing to me : - - -

I am neutral on this beer.

2.98/5  rDev +31.3%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a BrewDog cervoise glass.

A: Perfectly clear yellow. Nice stark white head.

S: Lagery sweet, but not oppressively so.

T/M: You know, this isn't bad. This is kind of good. It's too sweet, to be sure. But it's real cold, it's quite refreshing, it's...flavorful. By far the best of the BMCs. I don't know about all this triple-hopped propaganda, but it DOES have a hop-like bite at the end. I would drink this. I am drinking this, and I'll finish it, and I'll (mostly kinda sorta) like it.

O: An average beer all things considered. Not just average for the big beers, but average for any pils of any stripe.

2.5/5  rDev +10.1%

Had plenty of this over the years. It's my favorite from BMC, but that's not saying much.

A: Pale, straw yellow. Little to no head, little retention.

S: Skunked. Corn, cereals, malts, virtually no hops. Not appealing.

T: Better than the small. More malts and pilsner character than other brews of this type. Light and less watery than Bud and Coors.

M: Crisp, fresh, available anywhere. Not a bad mouthfeel, especially during the summer.

Not a good beer, but the best of the worst.

3.24/5  rDev +42.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I have LITERALLY drank a 1,000,000 of these in my Lifetime, give or take 100,000...so obviously I DON'T hate it....in fact, I have to admit, since I am NOT and NEVER will be a "Beer Snob", that I actually kind of LIKE the taste. But as my pallet has "MATURED" and as my Income has Grown...I have drifted away from this affordable and handy can of Lite Beer and moved on Bigger, Bolder and Better things... .Today I would rather enjoy a couple of Quality IPA's or Lagers because of the Kick/Higher ABV (because they don't FILL my bladder with water and make me have too Pee ALL night) AND for the taste. Having said that...I will NEVER EVER forget my First LOVE and on a HOT summer afternoon filled with sweat and yard work I will definitely still crank some AC/DC or on the Boom Box and enjoy "SEVERAL" of these cold, refreshing, CANS of Goodness :)

It's technically beer, and it's wet, and usually cheap. If you want a buzz without great flavor getting in the way, well, here you go. Of the cheapies though (or the kinds of beer my in-laws will drink) this is the least-bad choice.

1.44/5  rDev -36.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

I decided to get Miller Lite on tap at my local Tex Mex joint. Don't ask me why. I don't know why. I knew it wasn't going to be good. But I didn't feel like getting a Dos Equis and I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. It's on tap, so screw it. But I was the one who got screwed.

Now, first of all, I have no particular dislike of Miller or their products. I enjoy Miller High Life. It's one of the better AALs in my opinion. But Miller Lite... One could argue that all light beers are going to suck by nature. There's nothing substantial to them. Okay, I can agree with that. But Miller Lite might as well not exist at all, except maybe in some ephemeral alternate universe where taste buds don't exist. Harsh? Maybe. True? Most definitely.

The appearance of the beer is like looking at yellow urine after a long night of drinking. Ick. Aroma is nonexistent. Taste is nonexistent. Is this beer? No. It is most certainly not beer. Not in this universe anyway. Mouthfeel is like drinking a carbonated beverage. I might as well have had a Sierra Mist. I would have gotten more flavor that way.

Look, I understand the proclivity to drink light beers, especially as one gets older and, ahem, has a bit more of an issue with that pesky midsection. But for God's sake, try to get something that at least tastes like beer! In my opinion, Miller High Life is the better route. It's light enough to trick you into thinking you're cutting those calories down. Oh, forget it. Just get something that's beer!

3.6/5  rDev +58.6%

I know 99% of people on here love to bash all lite/light macro beers and to some extent I can understand why. They are not that interesting, have minimal aroma/taste/color. People say they all taste the same - they don't - similar yes, but not the same. I you had miller lite, colors light and bud light next to each other in a blind taste test you would definitely be able to tell a noticeable difference. Why you would want to do a light beer taste test I'm not sure :) My favorite beers are Heady and Dinner but I also love Miller Lite and I'm not afraid to say it! Sure, it's not world class by any means but when I'm doing yard work on a 90 degree day it's pretty rad. Sometimes life calls for a good, old fashioned macro beer!

2.25/5  rDev -0.9%

Wide mouth aluminum bottle, with the new, retro label.
Very pale yellow in color, fizzy foam that quickly disappears.
Smells a bit grainy and sweet.
Taste is light grain with maybe a bit of a lemony finish.
Lots of carbonation, sharp on the tongue, a bit bloating.
Its a light beer, it is what it is.

Bottle at Smith’s Olde Bar in Atlanta. My friends (who have no taste) ordered a large bucket of this beer at the bar while watching the Steelers game. Has the appearance and taste of brown water. Hints of corn and malts. Very light bodied. I didn’t want to drink it, but I had to help them finish the bucket. On the plus side, I didn’t have to pay for it.

2.63/5  rDev +15.9%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 4

Wow can't believe that I never reviewed this back in the day when I drank it like it was water. To be fair it is pretty close to water. Looks like beer not nearly as impressive as the tv commercials make it out to look but still not bad. Taste not much there in the way of anything. Still will drink this over most other light beers. And in the right company it taste pretty good.

1.5/5  rDev -33.9%

Definitely the worst beer I've ever had. Some beers thankfully have no flavor (Bud Lite) but this tastes like ash to me. If you have to drink one please drink it cold, very cold. Heaven help you if you drink it warm.

2.3/5  rDev +1.3%

A lot of beer snobs out there hate light beer and especially Miller Lite. It seems to be ground zero for the haters. I have made this beer my choice for years. It is highly drinkable and refreshing. You can go all day on this stuff. Have a couple of craft beers then switch to this brew and never leave the party. Maybe get lucky.

Why the hate, haters? When I want to sit down and drink 11 cans of tasteless corporate america-juice, this swill gets sessioned and sessioned HARD. No hangover, no headache. Just hours of upright drunken delightfulness.

8-31-14. Can. Plastic cup.

A: Pours a 1/8" fizzy head which dissipates to nothing. Ample, abundant carbonation. Clear.

S: Beer. Clean, grainy, bittering hop aroma is very mild. Something spicy.

T: Dry arrival yields to slightly sweet on mid-palate; very little flavor, but what is there is not unpleasant . Crackery. Corny. Seltzer water.

M: Whoa, carbonation! Very light bodied. Feels like seltzer water, too.

O: Pretty decent lawnmower beer. Good for when you just want "a beer" but want to neither think about it, nor get intoxicated (work social functions). For flavor buy something else; for what it is, it's okay.

3.36/5  rDev +48%

This is my go to beer when I’m out partying and not looking to be a beer snob. Miller Lite is what I grew up on. I actually like the smell of it. No real tasting notes to say other than what you would already know. Just an easy drinking beer to have in the clubs.

2.5/5  rDev +10.1%

It's a Clean beer. It's easy to drink. That's all it is good for really. So many adjunct and light lagers taste just like carbonation to me with like a added sulfury taste.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.