Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,099 | Hads: 4,106
3.24/5  rDev +39.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I have LITERALLY drank a 1,000,000 of these in my Lifetime, give or take 100,000...so obviously I DON'T hate it....in fact, I have to admit, since I am NOT and NEVER will be a "Beer Snob", that I actually kind of LIKE the taste. But as my pallet has "MATURED" and as my Income has Grown...I have drifted away from this affordable and handy can of Lite Beer and moved on Bigger, Bolder and Better things... .Today I would rather enjoy a couple of Quality IPA's or Lagers because of the Kick/Higher ABV (because they don't FILL my bladder with water and make me have too Pee ALL night) AND for the taste. Having said that...I will NEVER EVER forget my First LOVE and on a HOT summer afternoon filled with sweat and yard work I will definitely still crank some AC/DC or on the Boom Box and enjoy "SEVERAL" of these cold, refreshing, CANS of Goodness :) (850 characters)

It's technically beer, and it's wet, and usually cheap. If you want a buzz without great flavor getting in the way, well, here you go. Of the cheapies though (or the kinds of beer my in-laws will drink) this is the least-bad choice. (232 characters)

1.44/5  rDev -37.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

I decided to get Miller Lite on tap at my local Tex Mex joint. Don't ask me why. I don't know why. I knew it wasn't going to be good. But I didn't feel like getting a Dos Equis and I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. It's on tap, so screw it. But I was the one who got screwed.

Now, first of all, I have no particular dislike of Miller or their products. I enjoy Miller High Life. It's one of the better AALs in my opinion. But Miller Lite... One could argue that all light beers are going to suck by nature. There's nothing substantial to them. Okay, I can agree with that. But Miller Lite might as well not exist at all, except maybe in some ephemeral alternate universe where taste buds don't exist. Harsh? Maybe. True? Most definitely.

The appearance of the beer is like looking at yellow urine after a long night of drinking. Ick. Aroma is nonexistent. Taste is nonexistent. Is this beer? No. It is most certainly not beer. Not in this universe anyway. Mouthfeel is like drinking a carbonated beverage. I might as well have had a Sierra Mist. I would have gotten more flavor that way.

Look, I understand the proclivity to drink light beers, especially as one gets older and, ahem, has a bit more of an issue with that pesky midsection. But for God's sake, try to get something that at least tastes like beer! In my opinion, Miller High Life is the better route. It's light enough to trick you into thinking you're cutting those calories down. Oh, forget it. Just get something that's beer! (1,540 characters)

3.6/5  rDev +55.2%

I know 99% of people on here love to bash all lite/light macro beers and to some extent I can understand why. They are not that interesting, have minimal aroma/taste/color. People say they all taste the same - they don't - similar yes, but not the same. I you had miller lite, colors light and bud light next to each other in a blind taste test you would definitely be able to tell a noticeable difference. Why you would want to do a light beer taste test I'm not sure :) My favorite beers are Heady and Dinner but I also love Miller Lite and I'm not afraid to say it! Sure, it's not world class by any means but when I'm doing yard work on a 90 degree day it's pretty rad. Sometimes life calls for a good, old fashioned macro beer! (739 characters)

2.25/5  rDev -3%

Wide mouth aluminum bottle, with the new, retro label.
Very pale yellow in color, fizzy foam that quickly disappears.
Smells a bit grainy and sweet.
Taste is light grain with maybe a bit of a lemony finish.
Lots of carbonation, sharp on the tongue, a bit bloating.
Its a light beer, it is what it is. (301 characters)

Bottle at Smith’s Olde Bar in Atlanta. My friends (who have no taste) ordered a large bucket of this beer at the bar while watching the Steelers game. Has the appearance and taste of brown water. Hints of corn and malts. Very light bodied. I didn’t want to drink it, but I had to help them finish the bucket. On the plus side, I didn’t have to pay for it. (361 characters)

2.63/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 4

Wow can't believe that I never reviewed this back in the day when I drank it like it was water. To be fair it is pretty close to water. Looks like beer not nearly as impressive as the tv commercials make it out to look but still not bad. Taste not much there in the way of anything. Still will drink this over most other light beers. And in the right company it taste pretty good. (380 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -35.3%

Definitely the worst beer I've ever had. Some beers thankfully have no flavor (Bud Lite) but this tastes like ash to me. If you have to drink one please drink it cold, very cold. Heaven help you if you drink it warm. (219 characters)

2.3/5  rDev -0.9%

A lot of beer snobs out there hate light beer and especially Miller Lite. It seems to be ground zero for the haters. I have made this beer my choice for years. It is highly drinkable and refreshing. You can go all day on this stuff. Have a couple of craft beers then switch to this brew and never leave the party. Maybe get lucky. (330 characters)

Why the hate, haters? When I want to sit down and drink 11 cans of tasteless corporate america-juice, this swill gets sessioned and sessioned HARD. No hangover, no headache. Just hours of upright drunken delightfulness. (219 characters)

8-31-14. Can. Plastic cup.

A: Pours a 1/8" fizzy head which dissipates to nothing. Ample, abundant carbonation. Clear.

S: Beer. Clean, grainy, bittering hop aroma is very mild. Something spicy.

T: Dry arrival yields to slightly sweet on mid-palate; very little flavor, but what is there is not unpleasant . Crackery. Corny. Seltzer water.

M: Whoa, carbonation! Very light bodied. Feels like seltzer water, too.

O: Pretty decent lawnmower beer. Good for when you just want "a beer" but want to neither think about it, nor get intoxicated (work social functions). For flavor buy something else; for what it is, it's okay. (624 characters)

3.36/5  rDev +44.8%

This is my go to beer when I’m out partying and not looking to be a beer snob. Miller Lite is what I grew up on. I actually like the smell of it. No real tasting notes to say other than what you would already know. Just an easy drinking beer to have in the clubs. (265 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +7.8%

It's a Clean beer. It's easy to drink. That's all it is good for really. So many adjunct and light lagers taste just like carbonation to me with like a added sulfury taste. (172 characters)

This is now my daily driver. It's really smooth and goes down easy and tastes like beer. There's some corn taste to it which I like but it's basically like every other beer. It doesn't give me a lot of horrible poops and farts; just some poops and farts. (254 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +1.3%

This is my go to "we're going to drink all day long" beer... Quantity rather than quality. Of the top 3 selling light beers, (Bud Light, Coors Light and this) This on is better than the other 2 options. (202 characters)

Worlds first light beer. Still the best one on the market Wins several gold medals Miller is the best light beer period from america. It was the first, and does its job better than any other light beer. less calories and lower abv than all other american light lagers. and retains some of the flavor. (303 characters)

2.32/5  rDev 0%

Had to get one for the throwback bottle. I always did like the "Lite" logo, reminds me of growing up, those neon signs, the hanging rockers outside of taverns...just for old times' sake.

I'm not promising this is gonna be good, but what the hay, right?

Serving style : 12 oz glass bottle, throwback "Lite" style. Poured into a glass.

Appearance (2.5) : Just for kicks I will pour this one. Fluffy foamy white two finger head, bubbly champagne-like appearance, with a pale transparent yellow body. The golden color is actually pretty, I won't lie. You can however, read a novel through it if you feel so inclined.

Smell (2) : Musty and/or rotted corn, mixed with some fresh corn; a little piss (sorry, it's true), day old wheat, a sour pilsner type of smell. A cloying sour sweetness that doesn't really attract points. Better smell than some odd beers I've nosed, but Bud Light actually wins the smell category for this type of beer.

Taste (2.75) : A bit more flavorful than your typical Bud/Coors Light beers, etc. I like the aftertaste, a lot. Still not a great beer per se, but let me get into some adjectives. The musty, pissy, rotten corn is there, but the carbonation seems to tame it. Again, I say, a lot of corn. Miller really likes to get heavy with corn flavors and corn adjuncts in their beers (just taste High Life, you'll see what I mean). A slight fruity white raisin/sour pilsner flavor touches up on the rotten corn's departure and then after the swallow it's pleasantly yeasty - a positive in this case. Again, I won't say this tastes great. In its target demographic however it is above average.

Mouthfeel (2) : Carbonated and kind of rough. Prickly and painful carbonation. Sandpapery. Ends slightly dry but not in a crafty way. I don't know how to explain this one, so I'll just give it a 2.

Overall (2.32) : Miller Lite is one of those beers you choose only if your other options are worse than Miller Lite. You do NOT choose Miller Lite as your main beer. To do so is shameful and you should be whipped with wheat and corn shucks. Maybe even a branch or two. For what it is, "a fine pilsner" it is not, however a "decent light pilsner" would be more appropriate. This has more flavor than the ever popular Bud Light, but BL has the jump on smell and drinkability. Keystone/Coors Light has the jump on drinkability, it is the king of smooth in the light category. Now what Miller has is the flavor. The flavor, baby. That's the only thing saving it. So if you want a "dash" more flavor in your light beer and don't mind chucking the nose and mouthfeel out the window, you may have found your (light) white buffalo. (2,646 characters)

2.43/5  rDev +4.7%

A tasteless beer that will bloat you up. I bought a tall can and poured into a glass. Pours golden piss yellow with a white cloud top that don't last long. Tastes like metal and processed corn/malt. Metallic smell of a can. Would make a good lake beer when your broke. Personally this stuff is shit (298 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +22.8%

Bottle, served in a pilsner glass.

A - Light straw in color with a light, bubbly head. Head dissipates extremely quickly to a very thin lacing. Beer is ultra clear. 3/5

S - Notes of corn, base/sweeter maltiness and a very light, grassy hop. Maybe a hint of spice. 2.75/5

T - Weak maltiness. A bit of corn. Slight hop bitterness on the back end with a hint of pepper. Hint of grass. Very clean tasting. 2.75/5

M - Kind of a scrubbing bubbles sensation on the tongue. Feels like a palate cleanser. Very light and crisp with a dry feel. 3/5

O - Fits the style that it is. Ultra light beer that is nice for hot days in the sun. Very refreshing. Not a beer that will fill you up. If you're not into big flavors, or complexity of flavors, this is a great beer for you. 2.75/5 (792 characters)

4.75/5  rDev +104.7%

Amongst macro light beers, this is one of the very few (if not only) that somehow manages to squeeze in a pinch of pilsener/helles-like flavor. Since I appear to alone in rating ML based on the fact that it is light, I proudly recommend this as one of the best in the category. While I've had an occasional micro light lager that surpasses Miller, these have been rare and hard to come by. Obviously, this is not a style commonly braved by craft brewers. Personally, I think this is a pity, as there remains so much unexplored potential... That's right, believe it or not, light beer can actually be good and I challenge any brewers reading this to see if they.have what it takes to manifest such a brew! As it stands, this is pretty much as good as light lagers get. Minus .25 for ad execs spelling like Toys-R-Us kids. (824 characters)

One of my original favorite beers. While my tastes have evolved , and I now much rather prefer beers with more taste, I still have a part of me loyal to this old beer. I've many memories through college and at Miller Park! (225 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

A: Light yellow

S: Smells like watered down beer.

T: Not bad, but very watered down. This is like a middle reliever; comes in when the game is out of control.

M: Dry, watery and boring

O: I keep this on the shelf to carry me through the rough times. Start off top shelf, hit the well and the closer comes in the shut it down. Much better tasting than a AB serving. This beer is the guy that bounces between triple A and the Biggs without ever making it into the rotation. (475 characters)

2.89/5  rDev +24.6%

What is there to say about Miller Lite? Nothing, really. It's just so bland. Which is okay in certain situations. But, most of the time you would be better served by something else. If nothing else though, it can say that it's better than Bud Light... which... doesn't say much. (278 characters)

3.35/5  rDev +44.4%
look: 5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Its a light beer and very light in color. Tastes like any light beer which tastes watered down. This light beer tastes better than most other light beers such as Coors Light, Bud Light, etc.. because it has a thicker taste and tastes more like regular beer. However the label lies saying its a Fine Pilsner Beer and its anything but fine. For light beer its drinkable but not something I would prefer to drink or enjoy drinking. Great for parties or events to bring beer to share since its pretty cheap. (503 characters)

3.46/5  rDev +49.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Reviewed to style, per BJCP category 1A guidelines. I found this in my in-laws fridge, it's not something I would normally drink, but I'm not going to slam it because it doesn't taste like an IPA.

A - Poured a pale yellow color, aggressively poured to get a 1/2" head which faded to just a ring around the outside. No lacing.

S - Sweet corn, a light green apple sourness. Little to no bitterness. I'm not getting any hop character.

T - Light corn sweetness, maybe a slight peppery note. Lingering light spicy flavor.

M - The carbonation provides a nice bite, it's somewhat creamy. It's very light but not quite watery.

O - This is really what a baseline light lager is supposed to taste like. It's clean and light, there are no weird off flavors. (752 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.