Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,099 | Hads: 4,107
2.1/5  rDev -9.5%

This beer is just bland. Watered down, mediocre beer. It's drinkable, but so is water. I'll give Miller this, it doesn't taste bad. Unfortunately it doesn't taste good, nor does it taste much like beer. One good thing: it doesn't give me a headache like Bud products do. (270 characters)

2.95/5  rDev +27.2%

From the can, it tastes much like the bottle. Typical of American Pilsners, the brew is flavored with adjunct grains, but that's what makes it taste better than weaker lagers. Still quite malty sweet for the style with a rice or corn flavor and texture. Lightly vegetal. Hopped for earthiness and a bitter balance. The can seemed to give up a light metalic flavor that I found distracting. Though not very good, this is my usual 'ball-game' beer. (446 characters)

2.03/5  rDev -12.5%

Poured light straw yellow with a bubbly head that fizzles out.
The smell was of adjuncts with hints of a chemical aroma.
The taste was of watered-down adjuncts. A vague watered-down hint of hops was very barely noticeable.
It goes down pretty easily - leaves a vague aftertaste.
There are plenty worse macro-lights. It might be okay if it's the only choice at a summer party or similar occassion, but not a true pilsener as it claims, and very watery and boring. (466 characters)

2.43/5  rDev +4.7%

One of those beers I have had way to much of and just happened too have an extra bottle from the weekend. Appearance is pale yellow with light carbonation, with abosolutely no head retention (if any head at all). No strong overtones in the smell, just smells like any average american light beer. Taste is smooth with a somewhat stronger malty aftertaste. (355 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

An ok light beer, way overrated in my opinion.

A: A light yellow with a quickly fading heading, very unimpressive.

S: Average hop smell, nothing special, smells of cheap malts.

T: Very watery, average hop pressence, and a slight grainy taste.

M: Decent mouthfeel, not too bubbly, hey I mean it's Miller Light.

D: Decent drinkability, goes down smooth but a little acidy.

Pretty good for a light beer, nothing special, nothing too terrible. Ta Ta. (470 characters)

2.16/5  rDev -6.9%

Had a can of this left over from a rafting trip since everyone drank the good stuff first, so I figured I'd review it!
Looks pretty decent in the glass. Actually has some color to it, and a big foamy head. Smells like...beer, kind of grainy, a little musty, kind of like a keg party. Not too much flavor to describe really, a little bit of malt, and a little bit metallic, but nothing totally offensive. A whisper of aftertaste. The mouthfeel is fizzy and...fizzy. Overally drinkability is not horrible, probably due to the fact that the beer is engineered to be minimally offensive to any of your senses. As far as light beer goes, this one isn't horrible. (658 characters)

1.78/5  rDev -23.3%

I would like to note that this is that last of a light beer trifecta that only used for the reviews and to get drunk while playing Killzone online.

A: The beer pours a very clear bright gold. It has a short, quick dying head that does have nice lacing.

S: The only smell is some adjuctly sweet malts.

T: The only taste is some sourness throughout the entire sip and some corn malts at the end of the sip.

M: Starts out good, but ends just as watery as a light beer should.

D: It is okay, but a little sharp at the end of a long chug. (548 characters)

2.43/5  rDev +4.7%

Pours out a straw color with a small white head.

Smell. nothing special at all. typical american macro aroma. just slight malt to it, with some adjunct aromas.

Taste. quite neutral. not all too horrible for what it is. not good though. small malts with a somewhat sweet flavor.i also taste some rice flavors.

Mouthfeel. body is average for what it is. good carbonation.

Overall. I dont like it, and i do not consider it a good beer. but if offered, i wouldnt decline, and i wouldnt say this is worse than bud light or coors light. It is what it is, and it is what it is trying to be (594 characters)

2.12/5  rDev -8.6%

Had one warm just to see what the flavors were really like, and blllaaahhhh corn up the ying yang! Had another two, now Ice Cold, didn't pour the first very aggressive and left literally no head. Second one poured very aggressive and produced a soapy, foam additive kind of head. Had to cut the top off like you would to a Stella to keep the head around, which still only lasted about two minutes, until it was a ring. Honestly, if you’re going for the light beer on a budget, I'd go with Bud Light JUST BECAUSE it has no flavor, this is like a bad, adjunct-y lager that's been in storage for a year. I'm just wonder if Miller has some weird process that makes their beer taste stale, because I notice the exact same thing in MGD, yet not High Life, maybe its just the filterization. Anyways, about twice as yellow, piss looking as a Heineken, yet actually produces a decent mouthful. And the smell seems to get better when there is less of it, so the finish is actually pretty satisfying. From what I've realized, its better in bottles for some reason, and from the bottle, not into a glass, seems to cut the corn adjunct out of it. Overall, decent for why people drink it, but for a light beer, I'd go with Amstel, even for its price. (1,237 characters)

2.28/5  rDev -1.7%

Out of the big three macro light lagers (Coors, Bud, and Miller), this is the most tolerable. As usual, it must be ice cold to be drinkable. The pour is very boring as well as the body of the beer. The mouthfeel is very light and watery. As for the taste, it's just a light beer with just a slight hint of hop and lemon/corn flavor. Overall, it tastes like very light beer with not much to talk about. If I have to drink a macro light beer, this is tolerable. (459 characters)

1.95/5  rDev -15.9%

Poured from can into pint glass.

A - Yellow, large amount of carbonation, lack of any head what-so-ever.

S - Smell is of grain/malt.

T - Taste is slighty metallic with slight malts thrown in.

M - Way too filling for a light beer.

D - Drinkability is average due to low ABV.

Out of the 3 big macro brewery light beers. Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Lite, I think this one takes the crown. Not by much, but this is just slightly more drinkable then the rest. (475 characters)

2.46/5  rDev +6%

Sent in with a massive trade by beerrun13 so I felt I had to review it. Ok color-not as pale as I expected. Fluffy white head. Low aroma-rather just "there" then anything resembling a beer as we know it. Ok flavor-it tastes somewhat like beer at first but it is gone all too qucikly. Reminds me of the dry beers of a few years ago. Somewhat of a grainy/corn flavor. No real body whatsoever. At least BUD has some "umph" to it but theres nothing here. Ok overall for what it is trying to be. I think you have to try these beers with an open mind as to what theyre are meant to be. (Check my review of BUD-as a macro I think its great). This really has little if any flavor or body. If I wanted to slam a beer after mowing the lawn or have somewhat of a beer flavor with a plate of spicy food ok it might work. For everyday drinking/enjoyment-I think not. (853 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -49.1%

It's true, Miller Lite DOES have more flavor the Bud Light, etc. Unfortunately it's an AWFUL flavor.

If you drink something often enough and long enough you end up getting used to it. There's a whole generation out there which has grown up thinking this is what light beer should taste like. If you must have light beer, Shiner Light or Amstel Light is the way to go. Don't drink this nasty stuff. (401 characters)

1.68/5  rDev -27.6%

The worst American macro light lager I have ever had. Got a can of this for free. A friend was over my house a few days ago and left a can in the fridge so I figured I'd review it. I had Coors light recently and it was better than this crap of a can of Miller Lite. That's not saying too much though. Pours a clear yellow color with a decent sized head that all but totally dissappears very quickly, leaving very little lacing. Smell... what smell? I certainly didn't smell anything at all, except a sort of skunky aroma with perhaps a very, very faint trace of something that might resemble some very mild hops, corn, or malt. Extremely mild and bland tastes of hops, corn and malt in a very thin and watery sort of manner. Mouthfeel is also extremely thin and water like with mild to moderate carbonation. I suppose the one decent thing that this beer has going for it is that it is indeed very easy to drink, but not in a good way per se when it comes to beer. With this beer you might as well be drinking water and it wouldn't taste any different, but water may be a little better and more refreshing, than this beer. I'm not even sure if I think this is worth drinking for free, even when no other beer is available. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Eric (1,249 characters)

2.03/5  rDev -12.5%

Like the slogan says "same taste, less feeling".. . and thats the problem, is just a strange contradiction,.. it doesn't tastes the same as MGD and the feeling.. . damn, is just not there at all.

Is gives me a watery sensation, you can taste something that probably is a flavor additive, no smell at all... for me is just not an option, bad choice for any moment :)

But there's salvation for this beer, if your want to keep in shape and drink low carb beer, this a good option, around 95 carbs per bottle is one of the lowest in the market right now, so, 2 tumbs up for M.Lite (582 characters)

2.82/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Beer and cigarettes. Sometimes the combination is just too appealing. But of course I don't want to ruin a tastey brew with smokey treats...so this is where Miller Lite comes in. Miller Lite, to me, tastes FINE. It's not bad at all. Sure, it's not delicious, but it has some flavor and it goes down smooth.

This is probably my favorite macro, especially out of BMC. I compared this to Bud Light last night since it happened to be available at my buddy's house, and I really prefered Miller. (494 characters)

1.33/5  rDev -42.7%

I tried to approach this review with objectivity. I tried to give Miller the benefit of the doubt, because of all the BMC lite beers, I have generally gravitated to this one, if I had to to choose. Run on sentences aside, I just can't go easy on this beer. It cannot hold up to the kind of scrutiny I have given all the other beers on my list, despite our history.

Pours a pale pale yellow, with soapy head.

What smell?

Taste is smooth, but lacks decent malt/hop flavour. Very watery.

Easy to drink but no flavour. (526 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -44.8%

The rumors are true; this is an awful beer. The first thought that came to mind was beer flavored water; this beer is so pale that it almost looks like water. This is a very light beer that tastes downright bad -- or for that matter does not really have much taste at all.

This is beer for those who do not like beer, the only time I would ever drink this beer is if it was offered free of charge (free beer is always good). (427 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -54.3%

The most pale color I've ever seen, almost seems to have no color, white head for a moment, leaves no lacing. Smells slightly flowery with strong astringency, I just can't find anything good about it. Astringent taste, hops present, but what kind, these seem like they have been altered. I would expect Saaz hops, these just seem terrible. Lower carbonation, extremely light body. I couldn't finish one of these, glad I got the can from a friend, but seriously give me a Pabst anyday. (484 characters)

Light Yellow color with a small white head. Putrid, sickening aroma of algae, mop water, green plants and pale malts. Torturous, unrelenting flavor. I could barely choke down this stuff. I’ve now tried and rated Bud Light, Coors Light and this stuff, and this is by far the worst. I’d rather drink ocean water. (312 characters)

1.81/5  rDev -22%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

This is my typical choice when I am out and the only options are the "big 3". Pours a golden straw color with lively carbonation and a decent head with little retention. Taste is better than most in the American light lager category but nothing to write home about. (265 characters)

1.89/5  rDev -18.5%

Had a work happy hour on Friday. The boss seemed very pleased when they rolled out the keg of Miller Lite.

Marginally more taste than Bud Light, but I still wouldn't call it that good. Did have a bolder appearance than Bud Light and Coors Light, but the color seemed to be a little artificial, kind of an orange color. Thin fizzy head that didn't last. Harsh feeling on the tongue from too much carbonation.

Overall not impressive. (439 characters)

3.82/5  rDev +64.7%

Miller lite... ahh my first "true" love (whatever that is). I must say this is my favorite beer in this range primarily because it actually has a beer flavor rather than a water/piss flavor. The appearance is by far the best of this range, slightly darker yellow than most domestic light beers. Little lace is left behind by this beer but enough to satisfy a moderately undiscriminating beer drinker, or at least someone who keeps in mind the quality of this beer. The taste is slightly bitter with some sweet overtones. I actually like the aftertaste but it fades quickly. the mouthfeel is thin, but that is to be expected from a light beer. You can drink this beer all night if you can handle it because it does go down nicely and continues to taste good. If you drink another domestic light beer try this out, you may be suprised, if you don't drink domestic light beer, you rock. (883 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -24.6%

Lite is just another offering in the vast stable of American Macro brews, and my rating reflects that.

The apperance is pale yellow with a decent head, but it is clearly more water than beer. The smell is almost non-existant, the faintest whiff of malt is there, but I think it was mainly because I was looking for it.

Taste and mouth are both bland. The taste is just water with the slightest hint of malt, the mouth is non-existant...no hops kick, no creaminess, it's just there and carbonated, which isn't good enough in my book.

The only thing it can rate average on is drinkability, and that is only because drinking this is like drinking water. It is so watered down that it becomes quaffable, not that I would want to.

The bottom line is that I had some of this because it was free, and I still felt that I'd made a bad choice by leaving store brand Root Beer in the cooler and having it. (908 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -18.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Appears a fizzy yellow tone with a large bubbled white head leaves thin fine lacing. Aroma is full of cereal grains straight from the corn, rice, and barley categories some light hop character thrown in but overall uninteresting to me. Taste at least attempts to have a hop profile as the "true pilsner" this beer claims to be great for mass consumption low sweetness very light bitterness pretty clean overall. Mouthfeel is light carbonated water esque with a carbonation factor that tickles the throat. Drinkability hot summer cookout with friends it's safe other than that steer away from this one, if your looking for a great taste. Good commercials at times...hand me a Sunshine Pils. (689 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.