Follow our progress ...

Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,153 | Ratings: 4,359
2.65/5  rDev +16.7%

a: pours a very pale yellow color with about a eight inch worth of white head disapears fast no lacing
s: watery adjuncty more malt presence than bud light though
t: ice cold its drinkable malt flavors and adjunct are kinda hidden
m: deffinatly a light bodied beer not very good highly carbonated gave me the beer farts

overall this has the potential if served very very cold to be refreshing but i would not recommend it

2.08/5  rDev -8.4%

Appearance: Very light, transparent yellow color. One finger that vanished rapidly. Extremely light lacing.

Smell: To the extent there is much of a smell, I'm picking up some grains, corn, and light malt. Not much in the hops department.

Taste: A little malt in there. The corn and grain flavors are apparent. Not hoppy at all. It's pretty watery as well. To be frank, it's not very tasty at all.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability: Very light bodied and goes down very easy. I remember drinking a lot of these years ago. Overall, this is probably my favorite light macro. Since developing a taste for fine beer, I rarely drink it. But, I'd take this over the other light macros available, especially on a hot summer day. In that setting, it's not so bad. Definitely not recommended though.

2.08/5  rDev -8.4%

Enjoyed one of these with a buddy who’s one of those “I just drink Miller Lite” guys. I can see his point; it’s a safe, non-assuming beer.

Into a pint glass from the tap a pale yellow gold with average carbonation. One-finger whitish head fades hard and fast to a scattered cap and surprisingly, good sheet-like lacing that hangs around for a while. Nose is sweet of malt and grass; taste is kind of corn-malty, insubstantial in a light-beer-kinda-way, with a sweet off-flavor and a rather unassuming finish. Mouth is thin and watery with middle carbonation. Drinkability is acceptable, though barely; if you’re into knocking back lots of “light” beers, this would be your one, I guess.

Overall: Miller Lite would be my choice of light beers if there were any point to them.

2.05/5  rDev -9.7%

Well because you have to I am gonna try some macros and just put my thoughts out there. Here is the first. Poured a pale yellow, with tons of visible carbonation, big frothy head faded instantly revealing a clear bubbly liquid. No smell, maybe a bit musty but really nothing. Taste was so watered down and bland. Light grain taste, but drink it cold because once it warms its done. Smooth and deeply carbonated, drinks like a soda. The only reasonable points it gets are for drinkibility, if it is ice cold goes down well, if its warm, watch out!

2.1/5  rDev -7.5%

clear pale yellow with a puny saliva head. thin, watery, cold, fizzy. flavored beer water. slight barley malts, slight hops, lots of corn, lots of rough grainy texture. not very well blended, but that hardly matters since there is so little body to begin with. not undrinkable by any means, but by no means desirable.

2.35/5  rDev +3.5%

One of the better light beers out there, in my opinion. Of course, the appearance is that of light yellow carbonated water with a white foamy head that dissipates quickly, but the taste is surely better than a Coors Light. The high level of carbonation doesn't do much for the mouthfeel of this brew, but the drinkability is solid. Basically, I got this at a pub that had a "free beer with any entree" night, and it went well with my fish combo platter.

1.29/5  rDev -43.2%

Sorry Miller fans, but this was by far one of the worst beers I have ever had. I know I am not supposed to slam a beer but it is hard to find some good qualities about this. Here is one good quality, it is cheaper than Bud Light. That's not really a good quality because Bud Light is so much more drinkable than Mille Lite.

The absolute worst taste is by far from the can! Yuck!

Miller Lite is even worse in the bottle. If you absolutely have to drink this beer make sure it's on Draft!

1.98/5  rDev -12.8%

12 ounce can dated 12256

Poured at 43 degrees with slight head that did not have much retention. Clear, pale and watery with a few small bubbles.

Unable to detect any malt or hops. Clean

Watered down taste of a cold lager.

Nothing off but not able to describe anything exciting.

This is more drinkable in the summer when a good light thirst quencher might be needed.

1.96/5  rDev -13.7%

Holy shit. I used to drink this beer non stop before I got into craft beer. WHAT THE FUCK happened to me? This beer was HORRIBLE. I had to drink keystone light this weekend which I hated as well, but it had no flavor at all so I didn't care that much. This has a gross adjunct and cheap malt flavor. Oh my god, it was gross. I can't believe that I used to like this beer.

2.25/5  rDev -0.9%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pilsner glass.

A - Pale yellow in color with a fast receding white head. Lots of carbonation.

S - Some grains, mostly corn, and not much else.

T - Nothing much here. Very watery with a small hint of grain. Virtually no bitterness.

M - Feels very much like sparkling water, only slightly less carbonated.

D - It goes down easy, but only because theres not much to it. This is basically for people who want something cheap to drink all night, but don't want the beer flavor.

In its defense, I would choose this every time over bud or Coors light, but thats not saying much.

2.07/5  rDev -8.8%

Miller's lightweight family member was also sampled tonight, as part of a sampling splurge I did at Vendome earlier today when some beer bottles were reduced to 99 cents. On to the beer:

Well, it's better than Bud Light. There's actually some kind of flavor to this one, mainly of corn husks and sweetness, a lesser extent of hops, and a seltzer-like feeling that finishes dry. I couldn't believe this unitl I tasted it, but after I finished a third of the serving, I started to taste a dose of alcohol reminiscent to cheap vodka. That can't be good. This brew packs an underwhelming 4% ABV, and I'm tasting alcohol? I tried to go on, but I couldn't finish the whole thing.

On the bright side, it has fewest calories of the Big 3 (for what that's worth) and only has a whisker more carbs than Michelob Ultra (also for what that's worth). Ironically, part of my Vendome run involved purchasing a bottle of the latter, which I may soon regret. We'll find out tomorrow.

2.48/5  rDev +9.3%

12 brown bottle with pull date of 04/09/07. Pours out a pale, light golden yellow. Artifical fizzy white head that doesn’t last long with minimal lacing. The smell is of cereal grains, mostly corn. Light corn taste with a very little in the way of hop bitterness. Off flavors develop as the beer warms. This beer was made to be pounded down quick, not savored.

2.3/5  rDev +1.3%

Miller Lite
12 oz brown bottle
Jet ink # on the bottle - 03267 050103
Served in a pilsner glass

Pours a light golden yellow with mini carbonation bubbles that race to the top of the glass. A sudsy bone-white head forms on top and then transforms to a thin lacing.

As with most other beers in the style, the nose is lacking. Whiffs of corn sweetness.

Light & fizzy come to mind after my first sip. Hints of grains and corn nibblets. Flavors of cereal grains and bran with just a touch of honey sweetness.

Nothing special here, as most already know by now. Probably one of the better light macro lagers. There is a semblence of pilsner characteristics, but hardly a "true pilsner beer". For what it's worth, I'd take this over a Bud Light if those were the only two options.

2.4/5  rDev +5.7%

This was the same as all other highly advertised BMC’s. Aroma is grainy, flavor is bland and palate is stale. Cheap and tolerable when it’s served very cold, and there is nothing else available, but needs to be avoided if other decent, non-BMC choices,. If I I have to drink a hgihly marketed "light" beer, I’ll stick with Amstel.

1.11/5  rDev -51.1%

A friend of mine drinks this constantly, and wanted me to review it, he was not to happy what he read. It is a pale yellow color with a pillowy white head an inch and a half high, that disappates quickly away. A light floral aroma can be smelt, but nothing else is very present in the scent. The taste, what taste, there has to be more flavor in a bottle of water than this, wait there is some bitterness. No, its gone, no wait its back, now its gone, okay the flavor is schizaphranic. A very thin and watery mouthfeel, with alot of carbonation, I mean alot. Man, my friend drinks alot of this stuff, is almost afraid to try a beer I want him to try. This must be security blanket or something for him, because I can't get one bottle down and somtimes I wonder how he does.

2.71/5  rDev +19.4%

Beer pours a golden color that has a nice head with tight beaded bubbles that are quick to recede. Not much a hop aroma nor does it have much malt character which is within style. Has a watered down taste, but all in all if you are looking for a cheap beer for a hot summer day it will do in a pinch.

Out of a can into glass.

Clear light yellow, watered down. Spotty lacing.

Very light grain scents.

Mostly water, some huskyness. Light bodied clean finish with a little grain. Highly carbonated.

It is what it is, goodfor someone watching their calories and doesn't like a lot of flavor.

2.2/5  rDev -3.1%

Sampled from a 12 oz can, poured into a pint glass right out of the fridge.

OK to start - I'm not going to give it all 1's just because it's a macro..that gets old. I'm reviewing it because I was talking about BA to a friend of mine and he asked me to drink one and review it aloud to him, the same way I would any other beer. Just wanted to get that out of my system.

A - Poured a clear pale yellow that almost looked like it had green highlights along the sides of the glass. A medium head that quickly vanished. A good amount of carbonation.

S - A little grain in the background, but mostly a sour smell. Not overly pungent or anything, just a little musty.

T - It's not necessarily terrible...I don't think I've ever described Taste like that before! A bit on the sour side, and no real flavors jump out. Some pale yeast/grain in the background, but that's about it.

M - Not as bubbly as it appeared in the pour, but a little carbonation left. Definitely goes down easily.

D - Drinkable for me as a session beer? No. But for the person who enjoys light lagers, this would probably fit right in. Definitely goes down like soda, but I suppose that would qualify as a drinkable beer for the category. So I can't really attack SABMiller because they're putting out what their customers want.

I had one of these for the first time in years the other day. Now I remember how bad it is.

I wouldn't drink this swill again if it was the only thing available. I can't even think about drinking this without getting a headache, especially on draft.

It's like three quarters water, one quarter beer. It smells almost as bad as it tastes. I have a friend who drinks this stuff religiously. Every time I go to his house, he offers me one, and every time he does, I politely refuse it.

1.09/5  rDev -52%

Ice cold, 12 oz bottle poured into an American Pint glass

Appearance: 1 Inch head with mild retention. Very small bubbles, completely transparent. Some lace left on the sides of the glass.

Smell: Barely any. Some alcohol and sweetness. Small amounts of malt.

Taste: Ugly. Worse than the Coors Lite I just reviewed. Completely flavorless with an awful bitter taste. Another swallow reveals...NOTHING. No flavor at all. are my tastebuds dead?

Mouthfeel: Carbonation attacks the mouth and dies immediately. Watery. Desolate.

Drinkability: If watery beer is your thing, have at this one. If you want to drink 15 to get buzzed and have to piss every 5 minutes, drink on. Not worth buying.

2.14/5  rDev -5.7%

One of the better macro light beers, but that isn't saying much. All Miller Lite really has going for it is that it's easy to pound and the taste is inoffensive. Has almost no smell or taste except for that of grainy sugar water. I really couldn't muster more than a glass of this.

OK, go ahead and pour it in a glass. I poured pure terror. I am terrified by urine. Head gone instantly. Smells like a corn field, and a hangover. Taste is like corn mixed with water, alcohol, and carbon dioxide. Feels like water in your mouth, maybe a bubble will sneek up on you. Finish makes you want scope. Drinkability is less than zero. If I come to your house and you offer me this, don't let the screen door hit me in the ass on the way out.

1.56/5  rDev -31.3%

16 oz. can bought while in San Antonio

Pours a very pale yellow with a small white head.

Flavor is pretty macro. Some malt flavor, but not much. The beer would be much better if they had included a bit of a hop bite. Funky aftertaste.

Drinkable only if very cold or at the end of the night if you are wanting to stay drunk.

2.6/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Presentation: 24oz can with no freshness date to be found.

Appearance: Pale straw yellow with a fine marble white head with little to no lacing that dissipated quit quickly.

Smell: A hint of grain’s and a very clean aroma to it.

Taste: A little bit lemony with a hoppy bitterness that balances each other out. But the taste of processed corn and grains isn’t appealing at all.

Mouth-Feel: Light crisp feeling that leaves a dry mouth-feel.

Drink-Ability: A very light beer that I do not recommend on drinking when there are so many great beers to drink other than this.

2.26/5  rDev -0.4%

This ole brew pours a fizzy yellow , bit of lacin , and head comprised of large white bubbles. The smell is very thin and , some hints of grain, adjunct. Taste is also a watery , light corny/ ghost grain flavor. Crisp carbonation and a clean (but boring) profile make it easy drinking under the sun at a nascar race , but its just a below average light swill beer. It is better than mich ultra , but thats not saying much.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.