Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,099 | Hads: 4,105
2.23/5  rDev -3.9%

For starters, people you have to remember what you are drinking here. Its cheap, therefore your standards should be thrown out the window when rating it. I tend to only drink this beer when i'm in either A) a bar that serves nothing but the common American beers or B) out fishing w/ a few friends and knowing we are only going to go drink. Most of my friends do not drink the good stuff so we have to settle on something like this. Now, drinkability, I don't like this stuff for the most part and would never buy this to enjoy a beer, but weighing it against its competitors, its a little better than the bud lights & coors lights of the world. I choose this beer out of the options when going fishing w/ the buddies. Then, I shotgun every other can and this beer seems to be a good shotgun beer. As far as appearance, its yellow pee color w/ a light head (typical for the type). Taste is watery w/ little flavor & carbonated. Though, it shotguns easy so I made it a 2.5 and drinkability is higher b/c of that as well. When drinking this beer... Just go get drunk and catch a fish or something people... but don't buy it to enjoy during a football game or eating dinner. (1,171 characters)

2.3/5  rDev -0.9%

Ok, so this beer is not good...

A- Straw yellow color, little to no head, a bit of lacing when you tip the glasss
S- Well, maybe some malt... maybe
T- On tap, so it shouldn't taste like skunk, right- some malt flavor, very watered down, skunked aftertaste
M- its fine, light on the tongue, but it doesn't have any carbonation left
D- At a keggar, sure it could be drinkable but not to be enjoyed (402 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -46.1%

I am sorry. I just can't do this. I can't drink this beer.

Even thought it pours a clear light corn color with a fairly decent head, I just think it smells and tastes skunky and wrong.

For a macro, this has to be the most offensive to me. There is a slight corn flavor with little to no hops and it leaves a rather unpleasant aftertaste.

This beer is just not drinkable. Sad to say, I would rather just drink water. (425 characters)

1.69/5  rDev -27.2%

Pours a three finger, white head that quickly fades leaving some lacing. Insipid pale yellow color. Very light carbonation and very light bodied. Faint skunky nose. Has a tinny watery flavor, faint hops in the background, good lawnmower beer if you can stand the tinny flavor. $4.99 for a 6-pack from Market Basket Concord, NH. Needed to buy this stuff for a party, amazing how quick it goes!! (393 characters)

3.61/5  rDev +55.6%

Less of a beer and more of a way of life/business mandate for me. My occupation demands that I drink this often and in mass. When I’m out with work people (even at a good beer bar) I frequently have to stick to ML or perhaps High Life in order to keep up. Work sometimes dictates that I drink more than 10 beers in a night and I can down 10 MLs and still be sober. Try that with any craft and you’re toast. I don’t usually mind it too much, ML in the bottle makes for a decent session. If it’s ice cold and in a can it’s reminiscent of a camping or fishing trip for me. Either way it’s ok. On tap is a different story. ML on tap is just piss and indigestion in a glass. Forget about it even when it’s free. ML looks like corn colored piss. It tastes like water and pilsner malt when ice cold and corn syrup when cold to warm. It smells the same as it tastes. It doesn’t give much of a buzz. It IS LESS FILLING! It’s way better than bud light, that’s for damned sure. Since we are supposed to review “within the style” here on BA, I’ve gotta give this beer props. It’s about the best you can do in this pathetic style. (1,131 characters)

2.37/5  rDev +2.2%

I had several free Miller Lites, recently, at a wedding reception. The appearance is not great. It is pale yellow, with next to nothing for a head. The smell is fairly standard for a mass-produced domestic lite beer, that is to say, it doesn't wow you with a great aroma. It smells like a college party. The taste is okay. It is very light. It can be very drinkable, especially when its free.

I will say this about Miller Lite, compared to Bud Light and Coors Light, I think it is far superior. (495 characters)

3.4/5  rDev +46.6%

Pours a clear bleached out straw color. Starts with a fizzy white head that fades quickly. Lace is not present.

Smell is faintly floral and grainy.

Taste is slightly sweet and semi-metallic. The highly active carbonation seems to numb the tongue. Crisp, clean and slightly dry on the finish.

Light bodied, thin mouthfeel. Very active carbonation. Very drinkable, nothing about this beer is offensive or notable for that matter.

I have to admit that I probably buy 5 or 7 cases of this every year. It is perfect for canoeing or fishing trips. I don't mind as much if it gets spilled in the canoe or boat.
I save the better beers for when we beach our canoes or take the boat back to shore.
It does have it's place. As light lagers go, it does seem to have a bit more flavor than your average macro "light". (826 characters)

2.18/5  rDev -6%

Pours crystal clear pale yellow with fast blooming large bubbled head that disappears to nothing quickly
Aroma is very pale malts...not much smell at all.
Taste is pale malt with pale hops followed by 'beer' aftertaste....drying and slighty sour.
Mouthfeel is similar to water.
Great thirst quencher when water isn't enough but beer would be too much. (355 characters)

1.58/5  rDev -31.9%

12oz. bottle that I got at a local bar. Someone else bought it for me, so I lost nothing.

The beer was the usual Light Macro color of straw yellow color with a small fizzy white head. What seperated this one was the fizzy head of foam dissipated into small traces of lace around the glass. There wasn't much of an aroma (I'm not surprised), except for the faint smell of watery malt and that's it. It had a complex taste of corn, rice, other grains, and water. The kind of taste that I expected to be in this and the kind of taste you really don't want in a beer. The mouthfeel was flavorless, light, and of course watery! I did expect the light, but it could at least have some kind of flavor. It was ok for a light cheap beer and might make a nice summer light drink. They are right when they say it's less filling. (820 characters)

2.1/5  rDev -9.5%

Poured from a 12oz. aluminum can into a pint glass. Appearance is a clear straw-colored bright yellow, thin white fuzzy head fell quickly to the slightest white lacing. Smell is weak grains, slight maltiness with practically no real aroma whatsoever. Taste is watery, slight appreciable hop flavor, might consider a slight step up from the average light macro. Easy drinking moderate carbonation, low abv, very cheap. This beer is easily my favorite national brand light beer, which isn't saying a whole lot, but it is easily tolerable compared with it's direct competition. Might purchase for certain occasions, maybe as house stock for friends who don't appreciate better beer. (679 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -24.6%

The only beer at a party so I had to drink it if I wanted beer. Out of the can, clear almost like water. Taste was hard to distinguish from water. The tiniest bit of malt, perhaps, no hops. It's hard to rate something that is nonexistent. I would drink this as a thirst quencher, ice cold if I were dying of thirst and nothing else was available. THere's an old joke that goes like this; what do sex in a canoe and light beer have in common? They're both f---ing close to water. This beer fits the description. (510 characters)

2.66/5  rDev +14.7%

The beer is a light yellow beer, with a thin consistency. It's a nice beer for hot days watching baseball or just hanging out. It's nice when you want a beer but it is hot and sticky out so you want something that has a thin thickness. It's watery, but refreshing. As long as you aren't looking for a beer to savor, and you just want something more than water. It has a little bit of a metal flavor, but is still a cool, refreshing beer. (437 characters)

2.8/5  rDev +20.7%

poured from a 40 oz bottle into a glass

A- well uh, it was yellow. very yellow. looked like carbonated urine. the head was white, for about 10 seconds and then disappeared.

S- smelled like corn and metal, so far so bad.

T- surprising, actually. this isn't as bad as i would have thought it would be. okay it was very thin and not very flavorful, but then again i wasn't expecting it to be. so in that regard it beat my expectations. i cant describe the taste but there was no taste!

M- ultra thin and smooth. kind of like water.

D- this beer is very easy to drink. almost too easy, if you get my drift. this is a beer of last resort for me. if i'm totally unhappy with the selection a bar has, i may order one but that's the only scenario in which i see myself drinking this again. (796 characters)

2.05/5  rDev -11.6%

New local pizza shop only has this on tap and four sodas which I didn't want. So WTF right it is only Lite I've had it many times before it can't be that bad. Wrong it can be by itself, but with a slice of pie the beer comes alive, it seems to by enhanced by the corn meal dusted crust of the pizza. I order a second to finsh off the pie and then as I sip this beer and try to think about it and taste it on its own I shudder and resort to my heavy drinking days and chug the beer as quickly as my throat will let it pass.

Looks crystal clear straw color with a head that goes to nothing quickly. Smells of boiled corn and some sort of household cleaning solution. Tastes of practically nothing, it is the taste I associate with a macro produced lager and I must say it still makes me cringe just a little. Mouthfeel I might as well as be drinking carbonated water, a coke or pepsi has more body. Damn drinkable if you don't mind the taste and with a slice of pie it will do. (978 characters)

1.88/5  rDev -19%

A bottle found at the back of the fridge. No date or pricing info available. Must be leftover from a party. I know I didn't buy it!

Pours a very pale straw yellow with an initial white head of big bubbles, within a minute, down to the thinnest of covers. A few bubbles lazily make their way from the bottom of the pint glass.

Aroma is a general sweetness- but above it, around it, behind it, underneath it, is this aroma (coming from the hops) that is just nasty. Weak, but harsh, if you know what I mean.

Flavor is weak. Minimal malt/grain profile to discern, and the hop skunkiness is the main player. This isn't terrible, but lord, it's not good. Watery mouthfeel, like the beer is cut with an additional 50% water.

Easy to drink if thirsty, and it probably goes down on a hot day, but this is the first time I've had this beer in many years, and I sure didn't miss it! (885 characters)

So it pours out a light yellow fizzy beer. Not very impressive, but not horrible. Smells very faint hints of what are pilsner type hops. It doesn't really taste bad. It doesn't have the delicious hop I love to find in taste. It just tastes too watered down, but it is a bit refreshing, and much better out of the bottle. Unlike some other macro light lagers that I think taste tinny and too artificial. The mouthfeel is fine. Light and refreshing. It just doesn't have enough to keep me interested to drink it for long. (519 characters)

3.4/5  rDev +46.6%

I think to be fair - you have to take into account you are reviewing a lite beer and that it is supposed be like it is....

As a light beer this is my favorite with Amstel a second - and Coors Light a distant third.

No head --- pale yellow color - not a lot of taste (more than coors light or bud lite) blah blah blah

Take it for what it is a beer to eat buffalo wings with or to wash down that bacon cheeseburger. (422 characters)

2.08/5  rDev -10.3%

Had this on tap at a place that really didn't have many choices for beer. What's there to say, really? Typical fizzy yellow American macro lite beer. Tastes like adjunct. I can drink a lot of these, but I'd really rather have something better. Recommended as lawnmower beer, or for beer bongs. (293 characters)

1.76/5  rDev -24.1%

Pours a bright light yellow color with minimal head retention. Very faint smell could not pick up any noticeable scents. Taste is not good, but is alright for an american macro, watery with some malts. Highly carbonated mouthfeel. Only drink this when it's free, so it's not as bad. (282 characters)

2.21/5  rDev -4.7%

ok, i am not a big american beer drinker, so when i went out the my friends bought a pitcher of this, i was like i not paying for it so i'll try to drink it. It wasn't bad compared to lets say Bud Light. But it was very light in color, lighter than urine. It had no smell or anything that would give even a blind person a hint it was beer. The taste wasn't bad, but watery, neither tasting great, and very less filling. Let this be a lession, buy what you drink and don't let other buy for you! (494 characters)

2.17/5  rDev -6.5%

Bottle poured into glass.

This is a blast from the past. Used to drink this in high school and early college. Brings back lost of memories.

A – Very bright pale yellow. Small cap the disappeared before I could sit down to write the review.

S – Faint, but Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn… and Corn…little malty sweetness.

T – Fizzy and roasted corn. Slight hoppy as it is going down. Finishes with a dry aftertaste. Smelled a little better than taste.

M – Lot of empty fizz. Watery, but a good classic refresher. Goes down smooth with not much body.

D – This was my session beer of choice. And still not bad with pizza every once in awhile for nostalgia sake. (675 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +1.3%

16 oz. "stay cold" plastic bottle, consumed while watching Tulane beat Texas at the Houston College Baseball Classic held at Minute Maid Park. Go Tulane! Looks like BA needs to add "plastic bottle" to their serving type options.

You know after just a few sips of this beer, an epiphany came over me. Miller Lite really does have half the carbs of Bud Light!

Seriously though folks, as one other reviewer mentioned, I couldn't give a good goddamn how many carbs are in my beer. Of course beer has carbs. Imagine if Burger King began shouting from the rooftops that their cheeseburgers have less fat than McDonald's cheeseburgers. So what. Who cares. They'll both give you a heart attack if you eat enough.

As with all other macro lagers, Miller Lite is Lite in aroma, Lite in flavor, and Lite in mouthfeel. The flavor is mostly adjunct, and there might be a touch of hops in the finish. Maybe. I guess Miller Lite can be refreshing under the right circumstances, like if I just finished running a marathon and it's 100 degrees outside and the beer is about 33 degrees. Or if I'm at a baseball game and BMC is all there is to be had.

The most offensive thing about Miller Lite (and this goes for pretty much all macro brews) is their marketing approach. These companies tout their products as if they are god's gift to beer drinkers. Miller Lite's well-traveled claim to be "a true pilsner beer" is pretty much an insult to the entire Czech Republic. Sorry, people of Plzen, turns out that beer you invented and have been brewing for all these years is a mere imposter. Next time, try adding some corn and a whole lot of water. (1,640 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -24.6%

I guess I'm writing this review because this beer is, despite its awful taste, is connected to so many memories from high school to college to even a few months of post-college football watching. I'm at a point now where I avoid these types of beers at all cost, because regardless of their "low-cal" designation, I would rather enjoy my beer and have to be on the treadmill for 5 extra minutes than to suffer through another one of these watered-down brews. The BA "avoid" designation pretty much says it all. Leave this one to the college kids who don't know (or can't afford) any better. (590 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This is usually the beer that I would save until I was drunk enough not to even care. However, it still tastes bad even when my taste buds are muted. The color in any container is a very pale yellow color with some anemic head that quickly fades – no lacing. You can look at the color and tell we are talking adjuncts. The smell is like wet cardboard and moldy hops. . The mouthfeel is fizzy and very, very light. The taste is tart bordering on astringent with some fizzyness around the tongue. It has some weak grainy flavor that strikes me as carbonated Malt-o-meal. (569 characters)

2.83/5  rDev +22%

12 oz can marked 041006, E12104 poured into a pint glass

A---pale, straw yellow with almost no head, no lacing left on the glass

S—smells like hay and wheat, a little sour as well.

T—not like water as some others have said. The feel is watery, but the taste is very mild hops.

M—thin and watery, medium carbonation

D—It is what it is...a light beer. I drank this a lot in college and wanted to review it because of that. Not anything offensive, but my taste in beer has changed quite a bit since college. I still drink this from time to time since it is my family’s favorite beer and when I visit, it is usually what is in the fridge. (646 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.