Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,099 | Hads: 4,106

So it pours out a light yellow fizzy beer. Not very impressive, but not horrible. Smells very faint hints of what are pilsner type hops. It doesn't really taste bad. It doesn't have the delicious hop I love to find in taste. It just tastes too watered down, but it is a bit refreshing, and much better out of the bottle. Unlike some other macro light lagers that I think taste tinny and too artificial. The mouthfeel is fine. Light and refreshing. It just doesn't have enough to keep me interested to drink it for long. (519 characters)

3.4/5  rDev +46.6%

I think to be fair - you have to take into account you are reviewing a lite beer and that it is supposed be like it is....

As a light beer this is my favorite with Amstel a second - and Coors Light a distant third.

No head --- pale yellow color - not a lot of taste (more than coors light or bud lite) blah blah blah

Take it for what it is a beer to eat buffalo wings with or to wash down that bacon cheeseburger. (422 characters)

2.08/5  rDev -10.3%

Had this on tap at a place that really didn't have many choices for beer. What's there to say, really? Typical fizzy yellow American macro lite beer. Tastes like adjunct. I can drink a lot of these, but I'd really rather have something better. Recommended as lawnmower beer, or for beer bongs. (293 characters)

1.76/5  rDev -24.1%

Pours a bright light yellow color with minimal head retention. Very faint smell could not pick up any noticeable scents. Taste is not good, but is alright for an american macro, watery with some malts. Highly carbonated mouthfeel. Only drink this when it's free, so it's not as bad. (282 characters)

2.21/5  rDev -4.7%

ok, i am not a big american beer drinker, so when i went out the my friends bought a pitcher of this, i was like i not paying for it so i'll try to drink it. It wasn't bad compared to lets say Bud Light. But it was very light in color, lighter than urine. It had no smell or anything that would give even a blind person a hint it was beer. The taste wasn't bad, but watery, neither tasting great, and very less filling. Let this be a lession, buy what you drink and don't let other buy for you! (494 characters)

2.17/5  rDev -6.5%

Bottle poured into glass.

This is a blast from the past. Used to drink this in high school and early college. Brings back lost of memories.

A – Very bright pale yellow. Small cap the disappeared before I could sit down to write the review.

S – Faint, but Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn… and Corn…little malty sweetness.

T – Fizzy and roasted corn. Slight hoppy as it is going down. Finishes with a dry aftertaste. Smelled a little better than taste.

M – Lot of empty fizz. Watery, but a good classic refresher. Goes down smooth with not much body.

D – This was my session beer of choice. And still not bad with pizza every once in awhile for nostalgia sake. (675 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +1.3%

16 oz. "stay cold" plastic bottle, consumed while watching Tulane beat Texas at the Houston College Baseball Classic held at Minute Maid Park. Go Tulane! Looks like BA needs to add "plastic bottle" to their serving type options.

You know after just a few sips of this beer, an epiphany came over me. Miller Lite really does have half the carbs of Bud Light!

Seriously though folks, as one other reviewer mentioned, I couldn't give a good goddamn how many carbs are in my beer. Of course beer has carbs. Imagine if Burger King began shouting from the rooftops that their cheeseburgers have less fat than McDonald's cheeseburgers. So what. Who cares. They'll both give you a heart attack if you eat enough.

As with all other macro lagers, Miller Lite is Lite in aroma, Lite in flavor, and Lite in mouthfeel. The flavor is mostly adjunct, and there might be a touch of hops in the finish. Maybe. I guess Miller Lite can be refreshing under the right circumstances, like if I just finished running a marathon and it's 100 degrees outside and the beer is about 33 degrees. Or if I'm at a baseball game and BMC is all there is to be had.

The most offensive thing about Miller Lite (and this goes for pretty much all macro brews) is their marketing approach. These companies tout their products as if they are god's gift to beer drinkers. Miller Lite's well-traveled claim to be "a true pilsner beer" is pretty much an insult to the entire Czech Republic. Sorry, people of Plzen, turns out that beer you invented and have been brewing for all these years is a mere imposter. Next time, try adding some corn and a whole lot of water. (1,640 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -24.6%

I guess I'm writing this review because this beer is, despite its awful taste, is connected to so many memories from high school to college to even a few months of post-college football watching. I'm at a point now where I avoid these types of beers at all cost, because regardless of their "low-cal" designation, I would rather enjoy my beer and have to be on the treadmill for 5 extra minutes than to suffer through another one of these watered-down brews. The BA "avoid" designation pretty much says it all. Leave this one to the college kids who don't know (or can't afford) any better. (590 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This is usually the beer that I would save until I was drunk enough not to even care. However, it still tastes bad even when my taste buds are muted. The color in any container is a very pale yellow color with some anemic head that quickly fades – no lacing. You can look at the color and tell we are talking adjuncts. The smell is like wet cardboard and moldy hops. . The mouthfeel is fizzy and very, very light. The taste is tart bordering on astringent with some fizzyness around the tongue. It has some weak grainy flavor that strikes me as carbonated Malt-o-meal. (569 characters)

2.83/5  rDev +22%

12 oz can marked 041006, E12104 poured into a pint glass

A---pale, straw yellow with almost no head, no lacing left on the glass

S—smells like hay and wheat, a little sour as well.

T—not like water as some others have said. The feel is watery, but the taste is very mild hops.

M—thin and watery, medium carbonation

D—It is what it is...a light beer. I drank this a lot in college and wanted to review it because of that. Not anything offensive, but my taste in beer has changed quite a bit since college. I still drink this from time to time since it is my family’s favorite beer and when I visit, it is usually what is in the fridge. (646 characters)

2.1/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A friend brought over a 12 can fridge box. I'm not looking forward to drinking these but figure I should just to show him respect.

Appearance = Average looking pale straw yellow. Decent carbonation. thin 1/8'' head that lasted for a respectable amount of time. Lacing was better than I thought.

Smell = not a bad scent at all. Good presence of hops. Sweetness of the malt comes into play nicely. It's a very decent scent for a macro lager.

Taste = Here is where the disappointment sets in. Just way too watery. There is absolutely no aftertaste and the flavors that are present are weak, subdued and simplistic. Most prominent is a faint, subtley sweet malt flavor. Hops are barely noticable and contain absolutely no character.

Overall = This beer isn't offensive but why bother to drink it? You might as well drink water. (837 characters)

1.71/5  rDev -26.3%

Appearance - Pale yellow with about an inch of foam, along with carbonation bubbles. Foam was gone pretty quickly.

Smell - Nothing special, but a tad malty.

Taste - Watered down, skunky and not what a macro-beer should taste like.

Drinkability - 3rd tier of cheap macro-beers. I would get a Bud/Natty Light instead. (324 characters)

2.6/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

From can served in a tall wiezen glass:

Appearance: Light yellowish topaz with snow white head that disapates very quickly.Slight beading.No lace.

Aroma: The nose is of adjuct skunked corn.A little grassy with a hint of mellow malts.Not much to this.

Taste: The palate detects, like the nose slight corn,a touch of alcohol.Watered malts,not much hops to notice.Low carbonation.

Mouthfeel: Thin watery substance small bubbles to chase the liquid down.Nothing much here either.

Drinkability: The alcohol is very slightly higher than the other BMC products but nothing to rave about.I could drink many of these in a sitting.This beer is one of my favorite BMC products and for its style isnt that bad but isnt nothing compared to a good craft beer.I know this now.Miller lite used to be my beer of chioce till a branched off to see the light of a true good beers.Now i just tolerate this one when it is offered.

Cheers2Beers (939 characters)

2.37/5  rDev +2.2%

This is a light beer and a an american macro, so what do you expect other than watered down piss water?

A = in a can, so no clue

S = typical macro smell

T = not much of one other than a slight hops flavor and a skunkiness. there's something about the taste that all macros have and I'm not sure if it's the preservatives or what...I can't put a finger on it.

M = watery

D = I guess you could drink a bunch of these, but why? they're $10 a 12pk and at that price I'd rather spend less money ($6 per 12pk) and get something better like pbr. (553 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -52.6%

Almost clear in color, pale yellow. Head is only there during the pour.

Serious adjunct husky corn, some sweet corn. Some more corn....Metallic at points and watered mouthfeel.

I'm not sure how it could get much worse than this, although I have had straight 1's before so somehow the fact that I can drink two of these in one sitting salvages the bottom of the barell type ranking.

Notes: For sure you have to drink this as fresh as possible. Even then just expect something to wash food down. Drink water. (515 characters)

4.28/5  rDev +84.5%

Well now, let me preface this by saying that this is not a good beer. It is good for the style, hence the numbers, but it is not good if taken out of that particular arena.
Having said that, this is the most beer-tasting lite beer I've ever had. Slight malt and corn presence with a crisp, bubbly (very thin) body and a sweet aftertaste. I wouldn't mind knocking a few of these back. Heck, I might even buy a pitcher of it if I were out with a crowd that didn't dig real beers.
Overall: It is drinkable, which for a lite beer, is a huge accomplishment.
I didn't hate it. (573 characters)

2.2/5  rDev -5.2%

Had on tap where it was the only beer available.

Appearance -- Clear yellow. Visible carbonation. Some creamy white head when first poured into a plastic cup, but it quickly disappears.

Smell -- Very faint alkaline scent. Nothing much else.

Taste -- Like water. Very light with little taste. Faint and a little grainy.

Mouthfeel -- Light although the carbonation was pleasant.

Drinkability -- I won't seek this one out again, but it's a fact I'll encounter it again living in Milwaukee. Given the choice, I'll drink soda over Miller Lite. (554 characters)

3.03/5  rDev +30.6%

Had this one right out of the can as one should. Can appeared as you see on the billboards for the macro.

Smelled mostly like can, with a subtle woft of corn. Nothing much more. No floral scent, no malt, no hops, no fruit, mostly can. OK, perhaps a bit of cardboard from the case.

Tasted like what one would expect from a standard american style light. Not much flavor besides some corn and can. However this beer is very, very consistent.

Mouthfeel was as expected. Nothing to talk about but one again consistent.

This beer, at least for me, is rather drinkable. Compliments chips and salsa. Or maybe the chips and salsa were very good at covering the beer. (674 characters)

2.32/5  rDev 0%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Miller Lite pours a pale yellow color into my pint glass. When held up to the light, it *almost* appears to have hints of a faint amber color. A white, 1/2" head forms atop the crystal liquid, then dies almost instantly. Low carbonation, small amounts of fast-disappearing lacing. The aroma is dominated be a corn-infused sweetness. There might be a trace of floral hop aroma, but I may be just imagining it.

The taste is very one-dimensional; sweet corn graininess is pretty much the only flavor here. On the good side of things, at least there's no off flavors to contend with, either. The mouthfeel, not surprisingly, is very wet and light; everything else has been stripped out. Finishes crisp, sweet and mildly acidic.

If nothing else, Miller Lite is (marginally) better than Bud Light... (799 characters)

2.72/5  rDev +17.2%

Continuing my survey of light beer, onward, and....upward?

Tremendously transparent, pale golden hue, slim slab of froth that disappers assuredly, while bubble float up from below. "Looks like a beer."

Aroma: wispy corny sweetness, and little else.

Taste: soft, then crisp, then gone. Lightness is indeed represented in full here, and any flavor that is present is absent before you notice. Doesn"t taste "bad" mind you, and there"s a brief bit of malt and grainy, enough thatI'd say it lives up to it's advertising. (Not that says much, being better tasting than Bud Light doesn't say I've sampled.

Dry, lightly citric finish, intensely carbonated, faint body. It does what it's supposed to....

Could it actually be happening that i"m saying good things about miller lite? What's next, I'll join the Garth Brooks fan club? Eat all my meals at Hardee's? Throw out my book collection and spend all my time in front of the Tee Vee?

Well, if that's all you want from a beer, lightness, wetness, a modicum of flavor, and the usual amount of booze, here it is, enjoy.

I'll still opt for more hops, more malt, more actual taste, and count us all lucky that such things are indeed in plentiful supply. (1,216 characters)

1.26/5  rDev -45.7%

Look, we all know what this tastes like and even if we don't we can easily find out for like a dollar. So why would I bother to review it? Because damnit, I had to drink it so I might as well complain about it.

With so many family gatherings and friendly get-togethers taking place this holiday season, its inevitable that someone will eventually offer you this beer, or one of its ilk. So why not simply refuse? Maybe you don't want to appear the teetotaler in front of a bunch of party animals. Maybe someone's idea of how hospitable they are being is directly related to how much you injest while in their home, and you don't want to offend. Maybe you are surrounded by folks you see once a year and you just want something to make this situation bareable and give you something to do with your figety hands.

Whatever the reason, we give in. We take it. What we find inside that can is watery. It looks like pee, has wierd vegetabale smells, and stings the mouth with its soda-ish carbonation. However, perhaps not unlike the company we find ourselves surrounded by this time of year, we endure it for the sake of togetherness. We are reminded that giving is truly about sacrifice, and that can maybe make us feel a little warmer in the gut. While this feeling is nice in its own way, once a year is, decidedly, enough. (1,329 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -34.1%

Painful to drink, especially once your palate has become educated.

Appearance- Water

Smell- Tainted water

Taste- Slight maltiness, way too much carbonation, which at least masks what would otherwise be a nasty taste.

Mouthfeel- Water

Drinkability- The only purpose of this "beer" is to get a buzz, and might I add, mission accomplished. (351 characters)

Appearance – golden and lively
Smell – floral hint? Grains mostly.
Taste – grainy and sweet but very refreshing
Mouthfeel – even and lively carbonation. smooth
Drinkability/notes – you can have quite a few of these. Not gonna blow you away of course but it is what it is. One of the best for the style. (311 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +26.3%

Straw yellow. Bubbles rises slowly to surface, nice white pillowy head upon pour dissipates to a ring of foam with dotted lacing.

The smell of malt without much profile, hops? maaaybe, only for spice. more of a soggy barley and grain smell. cereal with malt smell. on the other hand, nothing offbase either
not much taste to speak of, watery, light pale malt, hint of corn

Carbonation is somewhat overbearing for a beer with practically no flavor whatsoever, but it does the best with what it has to work with. crisp finish

had this on-tap, bottle, kegs, 40's, can and so on. on drinkability, i'm going on two things. 1) for a light beer, i don't think it gets much better, which is saying a lot and a little at once 2) i could put many down with no complaint if that's the only brew on hand, best straight out the can or bottle, covers smell, eases drinkability (874 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -18.1%

I had never had a miller lite, i new it would be shit, and i will never return. This came to me in a 20oz glass at macgregors. It was yellow piss with no head. The aroma of corn was barely existent. The taste was of chemicals and i couldn't make it all the way through. It even ruined my pallate, and the southern tier beers i had later were ruined because the lite melted my stomach. Not drinkable. Mouthfeel of ass. (417 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.