Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,119 | Hads: 4,207
1.08/5  rDev -52.4%

Miller Lite is an american macrobrew from SAB Miller Company. It is the light version of Miller High Life.

Appearance: Light straw yellow. Almost no head formation and no lace retention.

Smell: Very little malt aromas, with no hops detected.

Taste: Some maltiness with little bitterness. Some metallic notes.

Mouthfeel: Light and simple. No hop profile, although good carbonation is detectable.

Drinkability: Typical of an american macro. Good for the beach or hot summer days as simple refreshment.

1.08/5  rDev -52.4%

Of the macro's this is my least favorite one by far. I'd take a coors of bud light any day over this. Maybe its just that I don't like pilsners, lol. The aroma to me is skunk all the way and taste is putrid skunk with a harsh after taste. For me it just doesn't get any worse than this.

1.09/5  rDev -52%

Ice cold, 12 oz bottle poured into an American Pint glass

Appearance: 1 Inch head with mild retention. Very small bubbles, completely transparent. Some lace left on the sides of the glass.

Smell: Barely any. Some alcohol and sweetness. Small amounts of malt.

Taste: Ugly. Worse than the Coors Lite I just reviewed. Completely flavorless with an awful bitter taste. Another swallow reveals...NOTHING. No flavor at all. are my tastebuds dead?

Mouthfeel: Carbonation attacks the mouth and dies immediately. Watery. Desolate.

Drinkability: If watery beer is your thing, have at this one. If you want to drink 15 to get buzzed and have to piss every 5 minutes, drink on. Not worth buying.

1.1/5  rDev -51.5%

A. It pours with an ever-so-slight yellow hue. Basically looks like water with a dab of food coloring. Clear. No head or lacing. Some bubbles.

S. A malty and slight sour scent.

T/M. It has a metallic malt taste, but mostly flavorless at first. As it washes down, though, it leaves a sour lemon taste underneath. Light bodied, as you would expect.

O. Just like any macro Lite beer, this is just terrible. No flavor except for a skunked-like aftertaste.

1.1/5  rDev -51.5%

Almost clear in color, pale yellow. Head is only there during the pour.

Serious adjunct husky corn, some sweet corn. Some more corn....Metallic at points and watered mouthfeel.

I'm not sure how it could get much worse than this, although I have had straight 1's before so somehow the fact that I can drink two of these in one sitting salvages the bottom of the barell type ranking.

Notes: For sure you have to drink this as fresh as possible. Even then just expect something to wash food down. Drink water.

1.1/5  rDev -51.5%

If you told me this was iron water and not beer, I would probably believe you.

A: The clearest yellow I have ever seen. Already, I can tell I'm in for a very watery beer from the mere color. Fizzy.

S: Slight smell of hops with airy grains. Ricey.

T: A light cereal hop and malt flavor which quickly dies, incredibly watery. No aftertaste what-so-ever so at least it goes down quick and I can forget my shame.

M: Fully carbonated but hardly no flavor retention or body. Very watery.

O: This comes pretty damn close to the very bottom of my list of hads. At least I didn't die drinking this, so I guess that's a plus. I don't have too much to say about this beer on the positive side except for the fact I would accept it someone bought me one. It's a drink, and one that you can drink, but don't call it a beer. Extra .5 to overall on the fact that I would accept it if offered.

1.11/5  rDev -51.1%

A friend of mine drinks this constantly, and wanted me to review it, he was not to happy what he read. It is a pale yellow color with a pillowy white head an inch and a half high, that disappates quickly away. A light floral aroma can be smelt, but nothing else is very present in the scent. The taste, what taste, there has to be more flavor in a bottle of water than this, wait there is some bitterness. No, its gone, no wait its back, now its gone, okay the flavor is schizaphranic. A very thin and watery mouthfeel, with alot of carbonation, I mean alot. Man, my friend drinks alot of this stuff, is almost afraid to try a beer I want him to try. This must be security blanket or something for him, because I can't get one bottle down and somtimes I wonder how he does.

1.12/5  rDev -50.7%

Draft: Poured a pale yellow color lager with a small foamy head with minimal retention and no lacing. Aroma of corn and other adjunct is dominating. Taste is a mix between some light corn with a sweet finish. Body is very light with OK carbonation. Just like most other North American macro beer out there.

1.16/5  rDev -48.9%

I was helping my sister move, and she had 5 bottles of this left in her fridge, so I ganked them. There is no way I would ever buy this. Regardless of category or style - this beer is bad.

Poured a 12oz. bottle into a pilsener glass.

Appearance - It produced a one finger white head which linger for about 20 seconds before dissipating to a thin halo around the glass. It is a pale straw yellow color - as though someone soaked hay in water overnight. It is completely transparent.

Smell - Like grainy corn. I can't smell any hops. Very adjuncty.

Taste - Ugh. Very cereal-like. Like mildly alcholic water that had Cornflakes soaked in it. Grainy corn and adjuncts. It has a metallic flavor as well - funny considering that came from a bottle.

Mouthfeel - Carbonation level? No, seriously, I am wondering - where is it? This is like drinking dirty water. Obviously on the lighter side of light bodied.

Drinkability - As far as the ability to drink lots of this in a short time it would get a 5. Sure, you could do it, but why? This is made for chugging at parties. On the desirability aspect of drinkability - it would get a 0 if I had the option.

If you have ever consumed this beer and you frequent this website, you know it's bad. If you have to drink a lite beer, reach for a Sam Adams lite. It is the only light beer that doesn't make me want to vomit.

1.16/5  rDev -48.9%

A. Served on tap at a local sports game. Appeared straw yellow with some head.

S. Smells like corn, thats about it.

T. Once again a slight corny twang with subtle notes of vomit. Pretty awful.

M. Watery all the way through.

D. Some people pound these, but personally, one was more than enough for me.

1.16/5  rDev -48.9%

Ah the younger brother of Miller. Or as Daniel Plainview says, "You are the bastard of a bastard."
A: Yellow color with a tan head that dissapates quickly.
S: Light grain and yeasts about sums it up.
T: Very light and very grainy. Not much going on here.
M: Light body and over carbonated.
D: Not the worst lager I have ever had, but pretty close. I think I'll have a water.

1.17/5  rDev -48.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I cant for the life of me figure out why so many reviews state that Miller Lite is the best tasting out of major light macros (such as Coors Light or Bud Light.) Miller Lite is downright disgusting. It is the only beer that seriously tastes like nothing. Carbonated piss, maybe. No, correct that, not even carbonated piss. Carbonated water with a drop of corn water from a cheap can of corn (not even Del Monte, the super cheap no name canned corn). It is a loathsome beer. I hate it. But granted, if i was 16 years old and wanted to guzzle, party, and thrash around at the beach i probably would love this beer. But now at the tender age of 38 I wish this beer ill will. Sickening swill. Just gross. A beer brewed for teenaged kids and shitheads.

1.17/5  rDev -48.5%

had to have this beer for several times tonight, thought I should review. Poured from tap into a pint, frozen pint even. Looks, smells, taste, like everything I dislike from a beer. The only good thing I can say is that the head retention is quite nice. But the head doesnt cover the taste or aroma.
NOt the worst beer I've had, but one of hte worst I've had lately.

1.18/5  rDev -48%

It's true, Miller Lite DOES have more flavor the Bud Light, etc. Unfortunately it's an AWFUL flavor.

If you drink something often enough and long enough you end up getting used to it. There's a whole generation out there which has grown up thinking this is what light beer should taste like. If you must have light beer, Shiner Light or Amstel Light is the way to go. Don't drink this nasty stuff.

1.18/5  rDev -48%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

AWFUL!! TERRIBLE!!! I RATHER NOT DRINK BEER THAN DRINK THIS AND THAT SAYS ALOT!!! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!! This and Michelob ranks as worst beers ever. I'm shocked so many people drink this! I cant even think of anything positive except the designs and their marketing campaigns.

1.19/5  rDev -47.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Surprisingly enough, I've never had this before, well actually it's not surprisng but I would've imagined I had at least tried this once before, but I guess not. Feedback from my friends had been mostly negative so that's probably what kept me from trying this.

A: Pours a clear yellow with not head or lacing to speak of.

S: Very faint. Smells like corn, rice, grass, and funk.

T: Tastes like nothing almost, bit grassy, rice and corn with a strange after taste, probably alot of artificial ingredients in this as well.

M: Very carbonated, unbalanced.

O: Meh, just meh, cheap beer for cheap thrills, would not have this again.

1.2/5  rDev -47.1%

This is my most hated of the BMC light versions. Idk what it is about this beer but I can't stand the thing. I have actually only drank this a few times now, but I don't think the more you drink the more you like it fits this beer. It has a taste that doesn't compare to the others, but not in a good way. I almost can't even describe it. I'm not keeping this in the fridge for a party.

1.22/5  rDev -46.3%

Had to try to vortex bottle. My theory: we, beer geeks, are responsible for the abomination called the vortex bottle. We talk cascade hops and chocolate malts and ABV, and it all sounds to frat boys like the teacher on Charlie Brown. The vortex bottle gives them a response: "Oh yeah? Mine pours down my throat even faster than yours, dude!" Truly, I've had worse. But those bad beers didn't kill a tiny piece of my soul too.

1.22/5  rDev -46.3%

What is worse than Miller light from a bottle? How about Lite from a can! This is a clearish.yellowy liquid with a small spritzy head. The aromas are of stale grains and seltzer. The taste is more of the same. Nothing good going on at all! The mouthfeel is worse in the can than it is in the bottle, and in fact the taste is worse as well. Of course the drinkability is utter crap too!

1.23/5  rDev -45.8%

I do enjoy the clever Miller Lite ads! My rationale was, "If they are amidst such a massive ad campaign, the quality must be WAY up!", a la, MGD in the late 80's and early 90's. Boy was I wrong.

I bought a sample pack (12) of cans at a QFC one day and was unable to finish more than a few before I realized I was drinking an ad campaign made of water, stale, dried out hops and moldy barley (plus the cattle fodder they add).

Appearance - looks like someone dipped a yellow crayon in warm water. Fizzy, pastel; utterly bland.

Smell - I hate the smell of corn in a beer; I hate the smell of this beer.

Taste - I managed to gag down a few because I chilled it to 29 degrees - which sufficiently numbed my taste buds (sorry, again, guys). Tastes like paint thinner and bottle caps mixed with fermented corn.

Mouthfeel - ashamed and violated

Drinkability - I have a case of Billy Beer from 1977 that is more drinkable. To paraphrase the immortal Snoopy, this beer wouldn't be drunk by a starving cat in a lifeboat.

1.23/5  rDev -45.8%

Straw yellow pour, no head. Boring.

Smell of just generic wheat and just general grain.

Taste is much of the same. Very wheaty. Very light.

Mouthfeel is just tastes like water with tons of carbonation injected into it. Gross.

If you don't want to spend much and just get a good drink on, sure this might be for you.

Unfortunately, I'm never really one of those guys. Awful.

1.23/5  rDev -45.8%

Okay, in all honest what do you expect from a lite, American lager that can be bought (on special) for $15/case. But this really just isn't any good especially if it isn't EXTREMELY cold. I can choke it down if there is little ice chunks floating around, but the second it gets to a temperature where it will not numb your taste buds before you have a chance to taste it, you're screwed. Going to stick to Coors or Bud for the budget nights.

1.25/5  rDev -44.9%

Had a pitcher of this with my Father at the local Sports bar. Straw yellow with tons of carbonation. No aroma. Served ice cold. After the carbonation assault, a taste of cooked corn came through. Hints of old socks, and shoes made themselves known before the cooked corn returned for the finish. This beer is so full of adjuncts that it should be given a different name. It's been years since I've drank one of these that I truly forgot how awful they are. Couldn't finish my glass.

1.25/5  rDev -44.9%

Appearance- watered down gold color, little head.

Smell- None really. maybe a slight hint of hops.

Taste- Again none. Maybe a hint of hops.

Mouthfeel- Light and carbonated.

Drinkability-None. Was like drinking water. This beer is similar to most light beers which is light(Lite?) on taste.

1.25/5  rDev -44.9%

I am sorry. I just can't do this. I can't drink this beer.

Even thought it pours a clear light corn color with a fairly decent head, I just think it smells and tastes skunky and wrong.

For a macro, this has to be the most offensive to me. There is a slight corn flavor with little to no hops and it leaves a rather unpleasant aftertaste.

This beer is just not drinkable. Sad to say, I would rather just drink water.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.