Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
3.13/5  rDev +45.6%

Once again..I must consider the style when reviewing a beer. Pours a very light yellow color with a small head, and little retention or lacing (poured from a bottle into a mug). Has little smell to it...standard cheap beer smell to it. Has a lighter beer taste to it...tastes kind of like a pilsner. Light feel in the mouth with a good amount of caronation. For a domestic light beer not too bad...better than Bud Light IMHO...

dustylong, Aug 24, 2006
3.13/5  rDev +45.6%

You can't go into this expecting a micro brew with a complex flavor and alot of body
and feel, or you will be heavily disappointed.
Honestly though, for a mainstream light beer though I don't find this very bad, but I am a big fan of pilsners in general (labatt etc)
So I mean it serves its purpose and goes down easy.

bradb717, Aug 20, 2013
3.15/5  rDev +46.5%

Appearance: 1/4 inch head, moderate carbonation, golden color, clear

Smell: light grass

Taste: light grass, grain, some honey

Mouthfeel: light body, sweet, moderate carbonation.

Drinkability: For the style this is above average and I have graded to that standard. I would certainly reach for this above others in the style. I could certainly have a couple on a hot day.

tigg924, May 28, 2010
3.15/5  rDev +46.5%

Miller Lite is much less malty than Bud Light and Coors Light. It is very light bodied, but certainly has flavor. At 96 calories, Lite is a good option for people on a diet, much like Michelob Ultra, at 95 calories. In fact, Miller Lite could certainly advertise as a diet beer like Ultra does. There is some bitterness to Miller Lite, and it tastes like some good quality hops are used. I would recommend drinking Miller Lite from a bottle.

JackMatthew, Apr 13, 2012
3.15/5  rDev +46.5%

Light, almost transparent yellow with a high-foaming, quick-dissipating sudsy white head. Does leave some lace along the glass. Just a bit of corn-and-hop aroma out of the can, slightly wet-cornier out of the glass.

I may lose my membership for this, but in the annals of how things can taste, Miller Lite really isn't that bad. Obviously it's completely lacking in any sort of character or complexity. As their ad once put it, it's brewed in vats the size of Rhode Island. But considering the style, it's smooth, refreshing, unobjectionable, and basically how I'd expect a light beer to taste. I won't be running out to buy it, but I won't turn it down either.

MadTown1000, Jun 16, 2009
3.15/5  rDev +46.5%

A: A perfectly clear pale yellow, with an average, foamy white head with fairly decent retention. A bit of patchy lacing as well.

S: Some grainy and floral notes, perhaps with a hint of grape. Clean, bland - just a tiny notch above most other light macros.

T: Lightly grainy, with a husky, bland sweetness. Some vaguely floral/lemony hops are detectable, with an inoffensive, somewhat soapy nature. Some muted corn and steel flavors also present, but thankfully are rather subdued.

M: Light, obviously, and a bit watery. Clean, with a vague suggestion of a dry finish.

D: I will say that this is the macro light beer of choice, in my opinion. It tastes like it could be beer, which sets it apart from most of its brethren. I had a bunch of these left over from a party. I'd never go out of my way to drink one, but hey, it's a sunk cost at this point. If you were trying to get drunk off of this (and why else would you seek this out?), you'd have to drink so many that it would negate any advantage the light calorie content has.

Clydesdale, Nov 22, 2008
3.15/5  rDev +46.5%

Piss appearance. Slight bubble gum and wheat scent. Tastes like a mildly spicy wheat. Better than most of the other American Adjunct Lagers. Easy drinking all night. No harsh flavors whatsoever. Enough flavor to keep you satisfied, perhaps the best taste of the AALs, but nothing worth mentioning as a beer in general.

ZenAgnostic, Feb 11, 2011
3.15/5  rDev +46.5%

This beer to me is good for what it is. To expect it to be as good as a premium good beer is silly, but compare it to the other American Domestic light beers I find it to be superior. Yes its water down beer, low flavor, low smell, lower quality but for what it is I think its good. Its meant to be drinking in large quantities rather than for quality. Its great for barbecues, sporting events, or just a party where you don't want to be buying a zillion 10 dollar six packs. Its not a great beer what so ever but it was what many like my self started at in the very beginning of getting into the wonderful world that is beer.

Stunner97, Jan 25, 2009

Poured into a pint glass from a 12 ounce bottle

Appearance: white head that dissipates almost immediately. A lot of tiny bubbles rushing to the top of the pint glass. The color of the beer is a very light gold color that is transparent. I got some decent lacing on the glass.

Smell: sweet but bland at the same time; the hops are not overbearing at all.

Mouth Feel: very carbonated. Bubbles attack lips and tongue immediately.

Taste: its a light bitter taste with a hint of bread. I like it for a Lite Beer. Doesn't have an annoying after taste like some Lite Beers. Its very crisp and goes down very easily. Hops are on the light side even though it's, "Triple Hops Brewed."

I've always enjoyed Miller Lite for its easy drinking ability so I'm a little bias. It is my favorite Lite Beer. It's a beer to drink in mass amounts because you can't have just one. It's certainly not a beer that's complex by any means; it just has a simple taste. If it had anymore taste complexity, it wouldn't be a Lite Beer.

9InchNails, Oct 29, 2010
3.15/5  rDev +46.5%

I'm reviewing this per-style, per se, so my ranking is considering that this is a light macro. Poured from can (from convenient fridgepack!) into a pilsner glass. It's a very light straw, which is to be expected. I suppose this is actually ideal for the style. Hardly any discernable smell at all. Taste is where this beer excels as far as light beers, with less watered down taste than most others. (Somehow it also has a few less calories too.) Mouthfeel is like water, but that's par for the style. Drinkability is excellent, and in fact this is probably an official Beer Pong Beer.

However, I lowered my taste score as I neared the bottom of the glass, because as it warms the beer exhibits a undesirable creamed corn aftertaste. Drink this one ice cold.

HardcoreKeith, Jan 27, 2008
3.18/5  rDev +47.9%

Not a bad beer, not a good beer, but not a bad beer. Best of the big three in taste and drinkablility. It's a good session brew for the price, and one hell of a good fall back beer. Not a brew for a fine lobster meal, but it gets the job done after a hot days work.

cptnjck101, May 17, 2004
3.18/5  rDev +47.9%

PLAY BEER!!! (from the football commercials)

Appearance-pale golden color, sort of dirty, medium head that sticks to the glass which surprises me.

Smell- Faint alcohol is present, corn, maybe a little cabbage, it will do.

Taste-smooth, easy to put down, pretty flavorful, aftertaste could be better but for a light beer not bad at all.

Mouthfeel-aftertaste needs work, while its in your mouth though its enjoyable.

Drinkability-its a light beer, and a good one at that, you should have no problem drinking another, and another, and another.

Overall-this beer works, not a bad light beer in any regard. I think it's better than Coors Light, which I found ok so I would have no problem drinking this anytime. Not quite up to my favorite light lager Michelob Light but solid nonetheless. PLAY BEER!

TheDeuce, Oct 13, 2004
3.18/5  rDev +47.9%

A- thin 1 finger head that quickly recedes into a thin cap, then nothing. Totally clear straw color.

S- mostly graininess with a touch of skunky hops. Nothing willd...

T- Initially, cloying carbonation but gives way to a dryer grainy finish with a touch of residual yeasty character (banana?). A bit reminiscent of a kolsch, oddly.

M- Carb ins a little cloying but refreshing. A little plain on the finish.

D- I have always turned my nose up to miller lite, but served in a pils glass, at proper temp, this wasn't terrible at all. Easily Sessionable.

Greggy, May 04, 2008
3.18/5  rDev +47.9%

The beer pours a pale gold color with a thick frothy white head that fades to lacing. The aroma is decent, for a light beer that is. It has a light malt scent with little or no hops. The is a small amount of lager yeast aroma. The taste is average. It has a watered down malt flavor with a bitter skunky finish. It refreshes on the way down, but this beer is for amatuers. The mouthfeel is fine. It is a low bodied beer with lots of carbonation. This beer is about average as far as these types of beers go. It one and done for me. I prefer Michelob light to this.

WesWes, Mar 19, 2004
3.2/5  rDev +48.8%

basicly tastes mostly like bottle. slight "canesq" taste but nothing to bark over. still pretty thing flavorwise, no suprises here.if there isnt much flavor to chamge then the can cant do too much harm. still perfer this over bud light...

twi1609372, Jun 07, 2005
3.2/5  rDev +48.8%

This review covers one beer enjoyed from the Vortex bottle and one poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a pilsner glass. I decided I needed to have two because I could not rate the appearance of the beer while it was resting inside the bottle.

Twist off cap with slight "hiss" and no real aroma to be had. 1 inch head stuck around for about 30 seconds and dissipated to nothingness. Yellow corn color. Pale. Lots of fizzy carbonation.

Mild mild mild aroma of corn. Thin mouthfeel with again, lots of big fizzy bubbles. I don't get the function of the Vortex bottle, as I did not experience the beer spinning as I drank.

Flavor is clean, crisp, and not much else. Slight aftertaste of rice/corn or something. Tiny amount of bitterness that quickly fades.

Very drinkable. The only thing that detracts from its drinkability is the carbonation.

A pretty benign beer. Great for mowing the lawn or painting a fence.

nniicckkww, Feb 25, 2011
3.2/5  rDev +48.8%

Appearance: I can't believe I poured this just to see. I mean, this is obviously meant to be chugged from the can, or used in beer pong. Golden color, no head, no lacing. Expected

Aroma: Nothing really. Malts maybe. But yea, there is nothing here.

Taste: Minimal malts, but overall its pretty tasteless. Has very little bitterness.

Mouthfeel: Thin, watery and bland. Crisp though, refreshing.

Drinkability: I think this is what this beer is meant for..drinking a lot of or playing beer pong. Its fairly refreshing and light, and serves its purpose as a drinkable beer.

Its not aiming to be craft, so I can't judge it next to a craft beer.

kshankar, Sep 22, 2008
3.23/5  rDev +50.2%

Another Light Lager, ahem, excuse me, "Lite" Lager.

All aspects of this beer are to be as expected from the style. It is called a Light Lager because the drinker wishes to sacrifice flavor and alcohol content for fewer calories/carbs. Miller Lite tastes ever so slightly better than its B and C opponents but not making it justifiable to purchase Miller Lite if it was any more expensive than BL or CL.

mattwjones, Dec 06, 2009
3.23/5  rDev +50.2%

Pours a nice light straw color, with quite a bit of head and a ton of carbonation. Very weak scent, just a bit of crisp straw/malt. Fine taste for a macro lager, although there is very little there. Mostly just a clean, slightly malty flavor. Goes down fine. While it may be not be very good compared to any other style, it's a decent US macro lager.

JamesS, Mar 03, 2008

Fast169, Jun 19, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +51.2%

Ummm...seriously welcome to nothingness with a little bit of something. Tastes like American macro light beer. You know how strawberry flavored candy doesn't really taste like strawberries but you recognize the flavor immediately cause you've had it so many times. You know it's strawberry flavored. Maybe a bad analogy but they don't have corn flavored candy you know.

I kinda like this beer. It's a beer flavored refreshing beverage. I like to sip these and surf the internet late at night. Guilty indulgence I know.

It's fizzy! Always has a beautiful head on it.

It smells kinda terrible.

It tastes sorta good if you are thirsty. Just a touch more hop profile Miller! C'mon that would set it above the other two light macros that this beer is commonly compared to...

It is sorta lacking in mouthfeel. At least the other two seem to have a creamy aftertaste sorta.

It is very drinkable. Don't lie to yourself. It is very ,very drinkable.

Sorta amazed at how well I rated this beer but for the style, I cain't lie.

Horses for courses!

CamuMahubah, Dec 01, 2010

Dammer-licht, Oct 05, 2013

SaSaLou, Jun 13, 2012

jaredtp, Aug 09, 2014

Graham_D_Dillon, Friday at 01:33 AM
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.