Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,119 | Hads: 4,212
1.25/5  rDev -44.9%

A beer drank by many of my wifes uncles and other family members, I rather just take my own beer to the family gatherings. I tried it a while back and still to this day see someone drink it and get that nasty backwash I got when I drank it for the first time. The color is just like every other beer on the menu at a mexican resturant. From the miller family I personally perfer the champaigne of beers miller high life... but thats just me..

1.25/5  rDev -44.9%

Miller Lite poured yellow, with almost no head. It smelt stale, and nothing else. It tasted the same way stale, and the more you drank, the worse it got. I wouldnt want one, deffently a beer that would turn one off to beer. I dont understand how this beer is so popular.

1.26/5  rDev -44.5%

Look, we all know what this tastes like and even if we don't we can easily find out for like a dollar. So why would I bother to review it? Because damnit, I had to drink it so I might as well complain about it.

With so many family gatherings and friendly get-togethers taking place this holiday season, its inevitable that someone will eventually offer you this beer, or one of its ilk. So why not simply refuse? Maybe you don't want to appear the teetotaler in front of a bunch of party animals. Maybe someone's idea of how hospitable they are being is directly related to how much you injest while in their home, and you don't want to offend. Maybe you are surrounded by folks you see once a year and you just want something to make this situation bareable and give you something to do with your figety hands.

Whatever the reason, we give in. We take it. What we find inside that can is watery. It looks like pee, has wierd vegetabale smells, and stings the mouth with its soda-ish carbonation. However, perhaps not unlike the company we find ourselves surrounded by this time of year, we endure it for the sake of togetherness. We are reminded that giving is truly about sacrifice, and that can maybe make us feel a little warmer in the gut. While this feeling is nice in its own way, once a year is, decidedly, enough.

1.26/5  rDev -44.5%

Serving was a 12oz can.

Appearance - Yellow like that stuff that come out... well you know where. Wins a bonus point considering the effervescence is the most excitement you will get out of this package.

Smell - Metallic and cabbage once you get close enough.

Taste - Boiled cabbage and other vegetables. A corny aftertaste is the only redeemer here but it's still not pretty.

Mouthfeel - It's like a crappy soda water with some funky off flavors.

Overall - Drink and swallow. Letting things linger in the mouth just tend to make this unpleasant experience even worse.

1.27/5  rDev -44.1%

Not a good beer at all. Not even in the Top 5 light beers IMO

Clear as water and really doesn't have a taste. The last time I remember drinking a few of these, I had a massive headache the next day.

Steer clear!!

I think the masses flock to this mainly thanks to clever marketing more than anything.

1.27/5  rDev -44.1%

Given how little malt goes into a "lite" recipe it's amazing the beer has any colour at all. Lo and behold, Miller Lite is golden enough to pass for a standard mass-market brand lager. And it's got the same bubbles and hollow white head too. It looks, by all accounts, just like it does in the commercials.

With regards to flavour the progression of Miller Lite goes as follows: undetectable, unoffensive, undesirable, undrinkable. Low temperature did a fine job at hiding this beer's faults but could only do so for so long - once it warms, look out! (and try to hold your breath).

The aroma becomes nothing short of repulsive - and no, this is not an exaggeration. It is so foul as to beg the question: what exactly is in this? My guess is a little barley and probably a lot of other things. Something we can say with certainty is that the grain used was of the lowest, most inferior quality possible. Their buyers must scour the planet to find the cheapest possible ingredients.

We know this because, instead of wholesome and bready cereal grain flavours, Miller Lite tastes like corn syrup and potato starch. It's almost like the crumbs of a Pringles can in liquid form (and without the saltiness to hide the distasteful by-products of the industrial manufacturing process).

It's incredible to think that despite all their billions of dollars, high-tech lab equipment, PhD chemists, intensive market research, and state-of-the-art quality control that they still can't manage to make a clean and flavorful lager! With those resources at their disposal it's mind-boggling and simply unacceptable. If anyone took the time to sincerely taste Miller Lite they'd find that it's truly awful stuff.

1.28/5  rDev -43.6%

The rumors are true; this is an awful beer. The first thought that came to mind was beer flavored water; this beer is so pale that it almost looks like water. This is a very light beer that tastes downright bad -- or for that matter does not really have much taste at all.

This is beer for those who do not like beer, the only time I would ever drink this beer is if it was offered free of charge (free beer is always good).

1.28/5  rDev -43.6%

this is probably the worst beer I honestly have ever had, or that I can remember. I know that "skunky" is reserved for beers that get too much light, but thats what this beer, time and time again, tastes like. Its the lite verson of miller, which for what it is, I dont mind too much. I however feel that this beer tastes like miller. a very sour skunky taste is what I get, with little head on the pour and a smell thats non-exsistent.

1.28/5  rDev -43.6%

From 05/29/11 notes. Part II of my reviewing bad beers at a wedding. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a tulip like glass.

a - Pours a clear, pale golden color with one finger of fluffy white head and high carbonation evident.

s - Smells of sour bready, grain, rice, wheat, and metallic notes. The sourness and metal blends into a truely aweful smell.

t - Tastes of cigarettes, metallic notes, sour bready, wheat, and grain. The metal and sourness from the nose is now mixing with what I imagine cigarette butts taste like. I've always pitured the brewers brewing this beer while smoking, and just throwing the butts in as they finished their cigarettes.

m - Light body and high carbonation. Water-like feel and too carbonated.

o - Overall this is one of my least favorite beers, and probably the worst of the BMC products in my opinion.

At this point in the night I saw someone with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, which was apparently being served at one bar but not the other, so I abandoned my bad beer reviewing and switched to SN and whiskey for the rest of the night.

1.29/5  rDev -43.2%

Sorry Miller fans, but this was by far one of the worst beers I have ever had. I know I am not supposed to slam a beer but it is hard to find some good qualities about this. Here is one good quality, it is cheaper than Bud Light. That's not really a good quality because Bud Light is so much more drinkable than Mille Lite.

The absolute worst taste is by far from the can! Yuck!

Miller Lite is even worse in the bottle. If you absolutely have to drink this beer make sure it's on Draft!

1.3/5  rDev -42.7%

Just grabbed one from my nieghbor who lives on the stuff!
Vortex bottle poured into pint glass.
No head which is what I expected, poured a very light pee yellow actually read paper thru the glass!
Had no smell/aroma what so ever and had a VERY weak taste tasted like lightly flavored water!
I can name 20+ other cheap "light" beers I would rather drink! Narraganesett Light is cheaper & has more flavor same can be said for Bud light etc.!!!

1.3/5  rDev -42.7%

One must be crawling in the desert to be thirsty enough to drink this watered-down skunky horse piss.

Appearance - right out of the toilet: worthless head pale yellow - weak piss.

Smell - weak and skunky.

Taste - well, it's supposedly less filling. Very weak, but what taste there is is sour.

Mouthfeel - you must be kidding.

Drinkability - only if very thirsty or very drunk. Otherwise, clean water is superior.

1.31/5  rDev -42.3%

What can I say other then it's a beer to drink at parties when u want a lot of beer for cheap. Pours a straw yellow with minimal head. It has no smell other then my dads breath. It is easy drinking because of all the water. This beer makes me feel good I found craft beer. So yea...

1.32/5  rDev -41.9%

I poured this abomination into a pint glass to a white head which immediately receded. The color was pale yellow. It smells sweet and stale. It tastes skunky but having had Miller Lite before I know this is how it is supposed to taste. It is very watery. High Life and MGD are better than this crap.

look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.25

There are not much positives when it comes to Miller Lite. In terms of taste it goes down smooth and quick. The problem for ML is that when put in a competition with Bud Lite or Coors Lite it will lose every time. In terms of price, you can get much more satisfying products for either equal to or lesser of a price.

1.32/5  rDev -41.9%

Poured from a 12 oz. can into a pilsner glass.

Appearance: Actually doesn't look half bad. Pours a very pale straw color with a thick white head that dissipates relatively slowly and leaves decent lacing.

Smell: What little smell there is stinks of grain and adjuncts.

Taste: Has a sickly sweet taste of grain. Has almost no hop character to it at all. I honestly don't know how Miller gets off claiming that this is "triple hop brewed." Leaves a funny metallic aftertaste in your mouth.

Mouthfeel: You might as well be drinking carbonated water. I could see this being refreshing on a hot day but that's about it.

Drinkability: This is by far my least favorite of the big three lite beers. I got this beer for free and I could never see myself paying a cent for it. Absolutely worthless...

1.33/5  rDev -41.4%

Pours from the classic "Limited Edition Original" pint can a faint, light, yellowy water. Sudsy white head and some spotty. loopy lace.

Nose is the familiar adjunct grains and mild skunkiness. I get corn (syrup?) and barley malts.

Taste is, as a German-born acquaintance once said (of mainstream American lagers), like "beer-flavored water". Taste is very faint, with sweet malts making their presence known at the finish.

This is about as mild and devoid of character as any beer I've ever had. Not a terrible flavor, but considering there really ISN'T any flavor, that's not saying much.

Not worth the $1 I spent on the retro pint can.

1.33/5  rDev -41.4%

Just plain old bad tasting beer/water. I am ashamed and embarresed that I do partake in this beer. This is my father-in-laws beer of choice. He drinks it since its cheap and it goes down fast. I have to drink it cause it is there at his house. Fortunately my mother-in-law drinks wine, so I am able to drink that while visiting. Nothing good to say about this beer, though my father-in-law is excited about the new "vortex" bottle. I guess this would apparently make it go down faster so you don't have to taste the beer.

1.33/5  rDev -41.4%

I tried to approach this review with objectivity. I tried to give Miller the benefit of the doubt, because of all the BMC lite beers, I have generally gravitated to this one, if I had to to choose. Run on sentences aside, I just can't go easy on this beer. It cannot hold up to the kind of scrutiny I have given all the other beers on my list, despite our history.

Pours a pale pale yellow, with soapy head.

What smell?

Taste is smooth, but lacks decent malt/hop flavour. Very watery.

Easy to drink but no flavour.

1.33/5  rDev -41.4%

I'm not going to make a glass dirty with it, it looks awful in the can. I'm doing this as I lost a bet

S- it smells corny and some other undscribable scent that is really gross.. Sewage?

T- UGH.. Theres some hops in the backgroung (very faint) this taste awful. Mettalic and corny with some strong sewage flavors.

M- Feels like drinking a soda which is this beers highest quality

O- If you enjoy drinking out of septic tanks by all means I'll trade you a case of this for a 12oz bottle of anything decent or a case of natty light. It's that bad

1.33/5  rDev -41.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

I read on a post below that having a beer like this, makes us appreciate a good beer. I drink this beer on a hot Lake Havasu summer as I am watching the madness at the channel. Good to hydrate with.

1.34/5  rDev -41%

*Fade in to a guy throwing a strike*
*Cut to hot chick staring at said guy*
*Cut back to guy's enormous beer gut*
*Cut back to hot chick sucking on her finger*
*Cut back to guy taking a sip of Miller Lite*
*Cut back to hot chick giving him a freebie*
*Fade out to Miller Lite logo*

At least the commerical would be interesting.

The head looks fake, the aroma is non-existant, the flavor is nothing when cold and ass when warm, it sticks to the mouth, and it's undrinkable at anything above freezing.

Bowling alley beer defined.

1.34/5  rDev -41%

A - Color reminds me of urine when I'm dehydrated. No head retention whatsoever, no lacing. I can't think how it could look any worse.

S - Nothing offensive, there's really just nothing there. A touch of corn as it warms.

T/M - Hard to get a taste from this beer while the liquid is still in my mouth due to the extremely high carbonation. A touch of corn, then lingering skunky hops leave a disgusting taste and mouthfeel. Body is water-thin. Feels like highly carbonated water that scrapes across the entire palate.

D - Low abv, light body, the potential is there to drink a lot of these, but its surely not based on its taste. Triple hops brewed? Really?

1.35/5  rDev -40.5%

I remember drinking this beer in college to get drunk at clubs. After living in Munich for awhile and returning to the USA and drinking this beer in a bar, I am glad that the main Bavarian breweries still honor the purity laws for beer.

It tastes like water from an impure well, but it is also alcoholic and you will start to feel dizzy when you drink enough of it. Its virtue is that it is more palatable than some other domestic beers sold in the USA. That is about the end of it...

1.36/5  rDev -40.1%

Miller Lite's clever and comical TV ads belie the fact that this is one very weak beer. Pale straw in color and flavor. Not too much aroma. Seltzer like effervescence. Here’s my recipe for beer success: Over-boil some rice, let it sit in the water a couple days, remove the rice, add an Alka Seltzer, drop in a penny (for flavoring...and color), wave a hop pellet over the concoction and ferment for two whole days...top it off with a witty advertising campaign…Success!

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.