Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,083 | Reviews: 1,214
1.16/5  rDev -46.5%

Ah the younger brother of Miller. Or as Daniel Plainview says, "You are the bastard of a bastard."
A: Yellow color with a tan head that dissapates quickly.
S: Light grain and yeasts about sums it up.
T: Very light and very grainy. Not much going on here.
M: Light body and over carbonated.
D: Not the worst lager I have ever had, but pretty close. I think I'll have a water.

1.17/5  rDev -46.1%

had to have this beer for several times tonight, thought I should review. Poured from tap into a pint, frozen pint even. Looks, smells, taste, like everything I dislike from a beer. The only good thing I can say is that the head retention is quite nice. But the head doesnt cover the taste or aroma.
NOt the worst beer I've had, but one of hte worst I've had lately.

1.17/5  rDev -46.1%

Really bad beer. It smells/tastes like beer that has sat out for a few days, water added, then refrigerated. Maybe the worst beer I have ever drank.

Not good at all. Yuck

1.18/5  rDev -45.6%

It's true, Miller Lite DOES have more flavor the Bud Light, etc. Unfortunately it's an AWFUL flavor.

If you drink something often enough and long enough you end up getting used to it. There's a whole generation out there which has grown up thinking this is what light beer should taste like. If you must have light beer, Shiner Light or Amstel Light is the way to go. Don't drink this nasty stuff.

1.18/5  rDev -45.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

AWFUL!! TERRIBLE!!! I RATHER NOT DRINK BEER THAN DRINK THIS AND THAT SAYS ALOT!!! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!! This and Michelob ranks as worst beers ever. I'm shocked so many people drink this! I cant even think of anything positive except the designs and their marketing campaigns.

1.19/5  rDev -45.2%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.25

It's the bag of chips for beer. Where you buy a bag of chips for the snack contentc you mostly get air, you buy miller for the beer and get water.

1.19/5  rDev -45.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Surprisingly enough, I've never had this before, well actually it's not surprisng but I would've imagined I had at least tried this once before, but I guess not. Feedback from my friends had been mostly negative so that's probably what kept me from trying this.

A: Pours a clear yellow with not head or lacing to speak of.

S: Very faint. Smells like corn, rice, grass, and funk.

T: Tastes like nothing almost, bit grassy, rice and corn with a strange after taste, probably alot of artificial ingredients in this as well.

M: Very carbonated, unbalanced.

O: Meh, just meh, cheap beer for cheap thrills, would not have this again.

1.2/5  rDev -44.7%

This is my most hated of the BMC light versions. Idk what it is about this beer but I can't stand the thing. I have actually only drank this a few times now, but I don't think the more you drink the more you like it fits this beer. It has a taste that doesn't compare to the others, but not in a good way. I almost can't even describe it. I'm not keeping this in the fridge for a party.

1.22/5  rDev -43.8%

Had to try to vortex bottle. My theory: we, beer geeks, are responsible for the abomination called the vortex bottle. We talk cascade hops and chocolate malts and ABV, and it all sounds to frat boys like the teacher on Charlie Brown. The vortex bottle gives them a response: "Oh yeah? Mine pours down my throat even faster than yours, dude!" Truly, I've had worse. But those bad beers didn't kill a tiny piece of my soul too.

1.22/5  rDev -43.8%

What is worse than Miller light from a bottle? How about Lite from a can! This is a clearish.yellowy liquid with a small spritzy head. The aromas are of stale grains and seltzer. The taste is more of the same. Nothing good going on at all! The mouthfeel is worse in the can than it is in the bottle, and in fact the taste is worse as well. Of course the drinkability is utter crap too!

1.23/5  rDev -43.3%

I do enjoy the clever Miller Lite ads! My rationale was, "If they are amidst such a massive ad campaign, the quality must be WAY up!", a la, MGD in the late 80's and early 90's. Boy was I wrong.

I bought a sample pack (12) of cans at a QFC one day and was unable to finish more than a few before I realized I was drinking an ad campaign made of water, stale, dried out hops and moldy barley (plus the cattle fodder they add).

Appearance - looks like someone dipped a yellow crayon in warm water. Fizzy, pastel; utterly bland.

Smell - I hate the smell of corn in a beer; I hate the smell of this beer.

Taste - I managed to gag down a few because I chilled it to 29 degrees - which sufficiently numbed my taste buds (sorry, again, guys). Tastes like paint thinner and bottle caps mixed with fermented corn.

Mouthfeel - ashamed and violated

Drinkability - I have a case of Billy Beer from 1977 that is more drinkable. To paraphrase the immortal Snoopy, this beer wouldn't be drunk by a starving cat in a lifeboat.

1.23/5  rDev -43.3%

Straw yellow pour, no head. Boring.

Smell of just generic wheat and just general grain.

Taste is much of the same. Very wheaty. Very light.

Mouthfeel is just tastes like water with tons of carbonation injected into it. Gross.

If you don't want to spend much and just get a good drink on, sure this might be for you.

Unfortunately, I'm never really one of those guys. Awful.

1.23/5  rDev -43.3%

Okay, in all honest what do you expect from a lite, American lager that can be bought (on special) for $15/case. But this really just isn't any good especially if it isn't EXTREMELY cold. I can choke it down if there is little ice chunks floating around, but the second it gets to a temperature where it will not numb your taste buds before you have a chance to taste it, you're screwed. Going to stick to Coors or Bud for the budget nights.

1.24/5  rDev -42.9%

I never understood lite beers...if you're on a diet, drink tab!
This is something you'd decline even if it was free

1.25/5  rDev -42.4%

Had a pitcher of this with my Father at the local Sports bar. Straw yellow with tons of carbonation. No aroma. Served ice cold. After the carbonation assault, a taste of cooked corn came through. Hints of old socks, and shoes made themselves known before the cooked corn returned for the finish. This beer is so full of adjuncts that it should be given a different name. It's been years since I've drank one of these that I truly forgot how awful they are. Couldn't finish my glass.

1.25/5  rDev -42.4%

Appearance- watered down gold color, little head.

Smell- None really. maybe a slight hint of hops.

Taste- Again none. Maybe a hint of hops.

Mouthfeel- Light and carbonated.

Drinkability-None. Was like drinking water. This beer is similar to most light beers which is light(Lite?) on taste.

look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Watered down cat-piss - unfortunately, the only option at some places.

piss water

1.25/5  rDev -42.4%

I am sorry. I just can't do this. I can't drink this beer.

Even thought it pours a clear light corn color with a fairly decent head, I just think it smells and tastes skunky and wrong.

For a macro, this has to be the most offensive to me. There is a slight corn flavor with little to no hops and it leaves a rather unpleasant aftertaste.

This beer is just not drinkable. Sad to say, I would rather just drink water.

1.25/5  rDev -42.4%

A beer drank by many of my wifes uncles and other family members, I rather just take my own beer to the family gatherings. I tried it a while back and still to this day see someone drink it and get that nasty backwash I got when I drank it for the first time. The color is just like every other beer on the menu at a mexican resturant. From the miller family I personally perfer the champaigne of beers miller high life... but thats just me..

1.25/5  rDev -42.4%

Miller Lite poured yellow, with almost no head. It smelt stale, and nothing else. It tasted the same way stale, and the more you drank, the worse it got. I wouldnt want one, deffently a beer that would turn one off to beer. I dont understand how this beer is so popular.

look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

sucks, but it's better than bud light!

1.26/5  rDev -41.9%

Look, we all know what this tastes like and even if we don't we can easily find out for like a dollar. So why would I bother to review it? Because damnit, I had to drink it so I might as well complain about it.

With so many family gatherings and friendly get-togethers taking place this holiday season, its inevitable that someone will eventually offer you this beer, or one of its ilk. So why not simply refuse? Maybe you don't want to appear the teetotaler in front of a bunch of party animals. Maybe someone's idea of how hospitable they are being is directly related to how much you injest while in their home, and you don't want to offend. Maybe you are surrounded by folks you see once a year and you just want something to make this situation bareable and give you something to do with your figety hands.

Whatever the reason, we give in. We take it. What we find inside that can is watery. It looks like pee, has wierd vegetabale smells, and stings the mouth with its soda-ish carbonation. However, perhaps not unlike the company we find ourselves surrounded by this time of year, we endure it for the sake of togetherness. We are reminded that giving is truly about sacrifice, and that can maybe make us feel a little warmer in the gut. While this feeling is nice in its own way, once a year is, decidedly, enough.

1.26/5  rDev -41.9%

Serving was a 12oz can.

Appearance - Yellow like that stuff that come out... well you know where. Wins a bonus point considering the effervescence is the most excitement you will get out of this package.

Smell - Metallic and cabbage once you get close enough.

Taste - Boiled cabbage and other vegetables. A corny aftertaste is the only redeemer here but it's still not pretty.

Mouthfeel - It's like a crappy soda water with some funky off flavors.

Overall - Drink and swallow. Letting things linger in the mouth just tend to make this unpleasant experience even worse.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.