Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
1.68/5  rDev -22.2%

Served in a pub glass from a bottle.

Very pale straw yellow color, very clear filtered look

no aroma noted

water like very light bodied

taste and looks like water.... no aroma... no head... i hear its very hard to make though and they get it the same every time... i guess that is one positive... oh and they do have good commercials!!!

1.68/5  rDev -22.2%

Bought a case for a party, and against my better judgement I decided to try one (after not having had one in YEARS) for a change.

a - extremely tepid body and color

s - not particularly offensive, but there's just not much there but a very faint odor of hops

t - little flavor whatsoever but it does have a fairly crisp and clean finish

m - barely noticeable

d - will be another few years, if ever, before I drink another

It's amazing that people put up with this, that's about all I can say.

1.68/5  rDev -22.2%

Poured a straw colour. Head disappeared too fast for me to really notice anything about it. It had almost no smell. What was there was a hint of cheap malt. The carbonation is high and it seems to be a predominant part of the taste. It's extremely watery, but the little taste that is there is just plain bad. It's like a nasty cracker taste. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Really really bad bread or crackers is all I can come up with. Don't drink this beer. It doesn't taste like beer.

1.7/5  rDev -21.3%

Pours a very light straw yellow with a fizzy, one finger head of white bubbles. Head quickly drops to just a ring, with no lacing. Carbonation is very effervescent.

Aroma, such as it is, is DMS (cooked corn), light pils malt, and no detectable hops. The smell actually vanishes after 5 minutes.

First flavor is very thin pils malt, cooked corn, kind of chalky, watery, and really flavorless. Aftertaste is very short and empty.

Mouthfeel is watery thin with sharp carbonation, not very pleasant.

This is just a mess. Even for style, it's pretty bad. The main character is DMS, sulphury and thin. Insipid, vapid, and anorexic describe this "beer" very well.

1.7/5  rDev -21.3%

Poured a light golden with a small head that dissipated quickly. Small amounts of carbonation can be seen rising.

Not much aroma. Some sweet corn, adjuncts and light citrus at the end.

Taste was not good. Sweet malts and again some very light citrus. Some light bitterness. The biggest taste impression was that it was fake or "off."

Mouthfeel was light, not cleansing.

Overall, this is not drinkable. The bad taste just wouldn't get me to try more. There are better light lagers out there.

Mmm.. slumming...

1.7/5  rDev -21.3%

This is the worst beer I have ever had.

Only a half finger head, and light yellow in color

Smells like Rice and corn.

Only tastes are of corn and booze

Mouthfeel: feels like a beer flavored soda

This is not at all a pilsner beer; use this to cook brats.

1.7/5  rDev -21.3%

A friend left a couple of bottles in my fridge, so what the hell. The bottle actually says "355 mL" -- they don't export this crap, do they?

Pours a dehydrated piss yellow with a fluffy white head that quickly fades to white patchiness in the center of my glass. Poured into an Arrogant Bastard shaker to try to scare it into tasting like something.

Smells like water. Honestly, I smell nothing.

Has some taste though. By some, I mean hardly any. If you soaked some corn in some vodka and boiled off most of the alcohol, I think you'd be pretty close to this recipe. I used to think that this stuff tasted terrible when I drank it in high school; now I don't think it tastes like much of anything, good or overly bad.

Mouthfeel? Ha, sure. Nope.

Unfortunately, there's one more of these in my fridge. Hopefully someone will come over soon and discard it for me. Probably tastes good if poured into a funnel.

I have fond memories of trying this in high school, proclaiming, "I hate beer," and promptly swilling a liter or so of Jim Beam. Ah, how I've grown.

1.7/5  rDev -21.3%

A&S: Pours golden, very clear and with about two fingers worth of head with pretty good retention. Smells like corn.

T&M: Zero taste as it hits the tongue. Flavor comes on later, tastes like barely anything and not much else with a kind of gross aftertaste. Mouthfeel is like bubbly water.

D: I think the drinkability they advertise refers to the fact that you have to drink it quickly to avoid the bad taste. Also, as it warms the taste gets worse and worse until it tastes sort of like vomit. Only reason I'm drinking this one because I'm all out of my tasty IPAs and these are left over from when I had friends over ages ago.

1.7/5  rDev -21.3%

Had a few cans left over from a recent party. [No matter how sophisticated you and your friends might be, somebody always asks for a "lite beer" when we throw a party; so I oblige them].

This beer is little more than carbonated water. Nice appearance in a glass but no taste to speak of. Not difficult to drink but not a substitute for real beer.

[Rerate, Jul 15, 2008, 24oz. can, 47F]
Miller Lite is a very sparkling, clear, straw colored lager with a small off-white head that leaves some lacing on the glass. The aroma is slightly sweet with very light malt and corn. There is a slight medicinal note. It is light bodied and refreshingly smooth with a crisp, dry finish. It's a little sudsy. There is hardly any flavor here: just light, anonymous grain and no hops to speak of. At least the chemical aftertaste is quick.
[First rating: 1.4] (bottle)
Miller Lite is a light golden lager with a foamy white. It is shockingly sparkling. The aroma is very slight and of corn, citrus, perhaps some hops and butane. It is more faint than the High Life aroma. The palate is that of sparkling water and a dash of creaminess from the head. Not much flavor here. It's a little acidic and kind of tastes like cardboard. It is simpler than High Life. I think maybe it's watered-down High Life... which makes it ever-so-slightly better.

1.71/5  rDev -20.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Poured into a dimpled beer mug from a 24 oz. can.

This is the 4th beer in my hunt for America's great American adjunct style lagers, or piss beers.

A-Pure straw yellow in color. actually, the appearance was about the best thing this beer had going on. It poured a 1/2 inch bubbly head that dissipated into a thin bubbly surface, which left some lace on the glass. I was surprised for a light beer!

S-some grain, some malt, some piss.

T-Some piss, some tap water, some soda water. Perhaps some grainy-sweetish-malt in the aftertaste.

M-very wet and it felt like carbonated water. High carbonation.

Overall, I buy this when I want to save a little cash or if I am experimenting, for example: trying to find a great American Adjunct lager. This is definitely on the low end, but I would buy on occasion during the summer.

1.72/5  rDev -20.4%

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

The beer looks good as in there is nothing floating in the beer such as a dead squirrel or an employees toenail clippings so that's a win. The rest is pretty self explanatory. Cheap beer, cheap taste, on a high note, you do get the feeling of drinking water when it hits your palate. I am pretty sure this tricks your mind into thinking your rehydrating. There's the silver lining !

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

A: Clear yellow-gold pours a fairly thick head that fades quickly and doesn't linger.

S: Alcohol and malt. Not much else.

T: If this is "triple hops", I can't imagine what the old stuff tasted like. Just alcohol and stale malt.

M: Light body with some carbonation and little to no smoothness.

When I was in college, I used to drink this beer by the case. Now I cringe at the thought of another sip.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

Appearance: Pale straw-yellow, crystal-clear body with a fizzy bright-white head that recedes quickly and leaves no lacing.

Aroma: Crisp and cidery with a plain, grainy sweetness. There's definitely something funky going on here.

Taste: Very thin flavor profile. Thin, grainy malt with hardly any bitterness from the hops, just some crispness and a bit of fruitiness. Unfortunately, there's a nasty chemical taste lurking around the edges, waiting to grab you. Thin, grainy aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Watery and fizzy, the standard for this style.

Drinkability: On occasion I've been forced to test the drinkability of this beer, and it keeps going down easy for quite a while. But unless you're looking to get drunk, there's no point.

Verdict: Maybe I'm just not "hip to the hops," but this sucks. It's the normal thin and bland profile you'd expect from this style, but with a nasty chemical taste takes it to a new level of shitiness. Firmly behind both Bud Light and Coors Light.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

This beer is O.K. at best. It is a good beer for drinking one after another or free beer at social outings that beer may not be consumed fully or spilled/wasted. another great use for this almost worthless beer is to use it in such drinking games like beer pong.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

I felt sort of ironic pouring this beer in a glass, but I did it anyway. Good for me.

Pours a shining luminescent and painfully clear and bubbly yellow with an excessive, soapy and plasticy head.

Smells like water.

I think about 5% of the taste registers in my mind as being malt. The other 95% is more than vaguely reminiscent of paper.

I usually don't excessively macro bash, but I usually buy Miller High Life for my binge drinking purposes and decided to take the "step up" to Miller Lite. It was really like 20 steps down. However, if you can remove from your brain the expectation that what you are putting into you is going to be beer, it may be possible to down many of these due to its super light character and no-nonsense.. well.. no-anything flavor content.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

The worst American macro light lager I have ever had. Got a can of this for free. A friend was over my house a few days ago and left a can in the fridge so I figured I'd review it. I had Coors light recently and it was better than this crap of a can of Miller Lite. That's not saying too much though. Pours a clear yellow color with a decent sized head that all but totally dissappears very quickly, leaving very little lacing. Smell... what smell? I certainly didn't smell anything at all, except a sort of skunky aroma with perhaps a very, very faint trace of something that might resemble some very mild hops, corn, or malt. Extremely mild and bland tastes of hops, corn and malt in a very thin and watery sort of manner. Mouthfeel is also extremely thin and water like with mild to moderate carbonation. I suppose the one decent thing that this beer has going for it is that it is indeed very easy to drink, but not in a good way per se when it comes to beer. With this beer you might as well be drinking water and it wouldn't taste any different, but water may be a little better and more refreshing, than this beer. I'm not even sure if I think this is worth drinking for free, even when no other beer is available. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Eric

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

The only beer at a party so I had to drink it if I wanted beer. Out of the can, clear almost like water. Taste was hard to distinguish from water. The tiniest bit of malt, perhaps, no hops. It's hard to rate something that is nonexistent. I would drink this as a thirst quencher, ice cold if I were dying of thirst and nothing else was available. THere's an old joke that goes like this; what do sex in a canoe and light beer have in common? They're both f---ing close to water. This beer fits the description.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

This was a lot better than served on tap. It was a little warmer, I think. Still has a very weak flavor, that is dominated by a grain taste. Still very boring. Drinking it out of the bottle makes you miss the lack of a decent head. Gimme a full flavor beer instead of this stuff anytime.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Light beer, what's the point? It seems to be the in thing now adays. The quest for the fewest calories and even less taste. Miller Lite has held its own for quite a while now but if you are using it in a cup you are throwing ping pong balls into then you might as well save the good beer for drinking. I am not being a snob, there is nothing wrong with Miller High Life, especially for making beer brats but if you are going to drink a beer you may as well drink a full calorie brew and hold that nine month pregnant beer belly high!

Appearance: pours a very pale, pathetic yellow color. Yes, I poured it into a glass because I want to do it right!

Smell: thoughts of the cereal Kix comes to mind soaked in celery juice.

Taste: faint malts and more cereal grains, over cooked corn and maybe one hop leaf drowning in a pool of seltzer water.

Sure, it's easy drinking if you want to drink 37 beers before you feel anything. Maybe this is like those electric cigarettes smokers use to ween themselves. This beer lets alcoholics go through the motion without totally falling off the wagon.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%

I didn't really enjoy this beer at all. It was watery like most other lite beers i have had. Definitely nothing much to this beer. If i am going to have a light beer from any of the macros i would pass this up and go to a bud light, however I would pass that up and go for a Sam Adams light.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.