Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,107 | Hads: 4,129
2.29/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

4/2/15 (Draft - Finley Dunnes Chicago) - Pale pour, no noticeable aroma. Minimal taste and feel, smooth and clean taste and feel. Overall poor offering. (152 characters)

2.62/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Very pale yellow with a bright white head just your average lite beer nothing special or amazing nice refreshing summer drink and not too bad of a price definitely not terrible but not extremely good either (206 characters)

2.84/5  rDev +22.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Make this short a sweet. It's a typically light beer, meaning it is easy to drink and refreshing but there is nothing exceptional about it. It's a good easy summer drinker, and it's decent as far as many beers of this style go, but exceptional it is not. (254 characters)

3.26/5  rDev +40.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

This is not a great beer, but it's the best of the light macros. Way better than Coors or Bud. This is the only light beer that I can truly enjoy casually drinking besides Sam Adams Light. (188 characters)

3.26/5  rDev +40.5%

This is my go to everyday beer. Light refreshing. Going to a football game. Shotguning a beer. Golfing or just hanging out, this is my beer of choice. (150 characters)

3.3/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

Looks pale yellow, medium carbonation. The taste is not bad at all but it is lacking in flavor. Comes across watery with a little bit of hop flavor at the end. Extremely sessionable and also affordable. (202 characters)

2.44/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2.25

Miller lite always tastes like "beer". Not sure if that makes sense but it seems that every time I have one I think to myself this is exactly how beer is supposed to taste. (172 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -54.3%

Appearance: Very light, little to no head retention in glass.
Smell: The smell is of carbonated water and nothing else.
Taste: Taste is exactly how it smells like carbonated water. (180 characters)

2.28/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Surprised at reviewers here saying "don't feel hungover after drinking" etc etc ... er, it's an EXTREMELY light beer, like water with a beer crayon dipped in it. Of course you won't feel hungover, unless you drink a case.

Meh quality meh taste meh look. Cheap. Get what you pay for. (284 characters)

3.98/5  rDev +71.6%

This is the best tasting lawnmower beer and everyday drinker. Gives least amount of hangover and has best taste for any American style lite beer. Best beer for a night out drinking 4+ beers and not feeling bloated and sick that night or next day. If you are in a situation where you are drinking for a long period of time, there is simply no better choice. (360 characters)

3.78/5  rDev +62.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Out of the AAL category, this isn't too bad (especially compared to light beers). At least has a good amount flavor compared to the other light beers. I'm reaching for this over Corona, Dos Equis, Heineken, Coors Light, and Bud every single day if that's what's available. By far the best light beer. (300 characters)

Miller Lite, one sip and you'll know it's Miller Lite. Pretty distinctive taste, you can taste the watered down feeling of the beverage. Here in the Midwest (Chicago/Milwaukee area) it's quite popular and served at virtually every bar in the area. (249 characters)

2.79/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pint on tap at Howie's in Portland, Maine.

Appearance: Clear yellow with a slight white head that is gone quickly. Very carbonated.

Aroma: Not much. Some cooked corn, some very faint hops and grass.

Taste: Not much in the way of flavor, but not offensive. Some grassy hints along with mostly water.

Mouthfeel: Quite watery.

Overall: It's better than Bud Light. So is most stuff. (383 characters)

2.68/5  rDev +15.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Continuing with the light beer redux. I think this one is the grand daddy of them all, and I've always liked this one a little better than other light beers. A moderate pour from a tallboy can into a shaker pint produces a one inch head that dissipates rapidly, but leaves a ring of lace along the edge and an island in the middle. The beer is a pale straw color and highly carbonated.

Plenty of adjunct aroma which tones down as the beer progresses. The taste is rather sweet, with a faint touch of caramel. A touch of wet cardboard at first, but this also mellows out. The mouth feel is thin and watery, but with a little spritz on the tongue. Clean finish.

I can remember buying this brand when they came in eight packs of the little bottles. When I was a kid, these little bottles were popular for cruising down the road because of course you could drink them fast, but they also fit in your hand really well and were the best for throwing at road signs and mailboxes. I think Schmidt big mouth barrels were the best for this, or Mickey's grenades. Hitting one of those signs is harder than you might think because you have to take into account the speed of the vehicle, etc. So don't knock it. (1,210 characters)

2.29/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

This beer was poured from the bottle (new white vintage throwback label) at the Andiamo banquet hall in Warren, Michigan into a generic stange. It showed a shimmering bright yellow coloring and produced a stark white head of quickly thinning foam. This stood a finger and a half tall at its conception, but quickly faded into a film across the top of the liquid. Lacing was globular and sparse. No haze or sediment was noted, and carbonation appeared to be highly active. The aroma was simple and straightforward, offering biscuity pale and harsh adjuncty grain, dried wheat and straw, unsalted table crackers, basic lager yeast metallics, glass, stamp adhesive, burlap and gauze, skunky and old grassy hop airs, dried twigs and leafs, and heaps upon heaps of cheap and generic cereal grain grit and toast. The flavoring, too, followed suit as expected. Notes of bland adjuncty and Pilsner grain, toasted almonds, white printer paper, cleaner wheaty maltiness, dust, harsh yeasty metallics, foil, lemon rind, sweat, burlap, light green grassy hops, pound cake sweetness, straw, and dried mushrooms flood the palate. The body is light and washes the flavoring out, and carbonation is high, bubbling actively on the palate. Each sip gives lightly appropriate slurp, smack, cream, froth, and crisp finishing pop. The foam around the mouth was robust, leaving the palate prickled, dried, and somewhat puckered. The abv was appropriate, and the beer drank like water.

Overall, what really is there to discuss about this beer?! It is simple. It is light. It is intently mild in flavoring. Obviously a popular beer for the masses, we've had this one countless times before. The occasion for rating came at a friend's wedding, and it was used mainly as a palate cleanser between much more satisfying nips of delicious bourbon. (1,834 characters)

2.59/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

although it isn't my first choice anymore, I still don't mind drinking it. It was my go to in high school and is easy to drink in large quantities. Not a beer to really enjoy (174 characters)

2.7/5  rDev +16.4%

Wow, finally getting a chance to tick a major box with this one, can't believe I'm actually drinking a Miller Lite. No, seriously - I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ACTUALLY DRINKING A MILLER LITE. (How did this happen?)

Wanna thank my drinking buddies for all going with a classic "beer and a shot" tonight. Can't imagine another scenario by which I actually end up drinking this beer, so, thanks guys.

Classic white can, says "a fine pilsner beer". Guess we'll see?

It's a frothy pour. It's clean, and yeah, bland. It's not so bad, I guess. If I was drinking a beer just to drink a beer, and I didn't care a whit about flavor, if I just wanted something to back my whiskey, then okay, this isn't a terrible option, you're not a bad person for drinking it. Maybe with a crazy spicy meal.

Use it like the pink, pickled ginger you get with sushi - as a palate cleanser - and you're on defensible ground. But in any other situation, if you order this over other craft options, then yeah, maybe you ARE a bad person... (1,006 characters)

2.11/5  rDev -9.1%

Appearance: pours a 1" white head that drops rapidly with very faint lacing. Color is clear pale straw with plenty of streaming carbonation.
Aroma: mild corn sweetness and water.
Mouthfeel: light and fairly crisp.
Flavor: some corn sweetness, a bit of lightly toasted barley, no hops discernible.
Overall: it is what it is. No off flavors and not offensive but not much different from mineral water either. (406 characters)

3.83/5  rDev +65.1%

My rating is purely from the perspective of AALs. This is my go-to volume-drinking beer when quantity is the name of the game. Calorically-low, decent enough taste to bang down in between higher quality beers also. A mainstay in my beer fridge. (244 characters)

3.1/5  rDev +33.6%

Lite looks like piss. Smells nothing like good beer and has an aroma of old stale keg. But alas lest we forget. It tastes great. I won't drink coors light or bud light but for some reason a 12 pack of lite by miller never seems like a bad decision after they are gone. It just really damned drinkable. Period. I can't say that about whale testicle beer now can I? (363 characters)

Worst beer I've ever had. I know that the rating system is never supposed to be all 1s or all 5s, I get it...but there's no hope for Miller with this one. They should probably just shut down and stop feeding the bros. (219 characters)

3.09/5  rDev +33.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I feel like a fool for never reviewing this, as I have had 10,456 of them. If I give it a bad review, it will make me look like a masochist. One of things I like about this beer is that I can buy a 30 pack at Costco for 45 cents. Once I get them home I find them to be either a nice way to start the night (as they don't count as a drink) or a great way to end the night (don't waste a good drink if you can't stand up). This beer is liquid and not poisonous which gives it good points. It has little taste and makes me pee a lot which is bad. Overall I will likely buy 500 more of them this year, so I give it a thumbs up (628 characters)

2.92/5  rDev +25.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3.5

I give Miller Lite a slightly higher overall score because it accomplishes its objective well; it's a cheap, ubiquitous macro beer that doesn't completely offend the palate. There are beers a whole lot worse than that. (218 characters)

1.96/5  rDev -15.5%

I drank this for the first time in my adult life last summer while staying in a rental house outside Charlevoix, MI. The weather was beautiful, the sun was hot, and I hadn't had a chance to make a run for my traditional Bell's and Short's. The folks who had just left left behind some food and drinks they weren't taking with them, and among those items was two cans of the Miller Lite.
I figured I'd have one. Really, what's the worst that could happen? I cracked open a can and walked around the property, taking in the breathtaking view of a valley of conifers and Grand Traverse Bay in the distance. I sipped, thinking it wasn't half bad. It wasn't great by any means, but it was ice cold, with a bland but inoffensive flavor and a mouthfeel of something slightly thicker than water.
I thought for a few minutes that Miller Lite had gotten a bad rep for no good reason; every beer has its place and Miller Lite's was here.
But then it got warm.
Halfway through the can it became less than ice cold and a foul, putrid taste rushed into its place. It coated the tongue and lips and offended the nose. I poured that garbage out and apologized to the wild grass it soaked.
Moral of the story: If you gotta drink Miller Lite, drink it cold and drink it fast. (1,259 characters)

2.09/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Cheap beer... I guess that is why it is quite popular among youth. Heavily used for beer games, and hence nobody can ever escape it. I won't be having it, if I was NOT into saving money. (186 characters)

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.