Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

(Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.15/5  rDev 0%

Had one warm just to see what the flavors were really like, and blllaaahhhh corn up the ying yang! Had another two, now Ice Cold, didn't pour the first very aggressive and left literally no head. Second one poured very aggressive and produced a soapy, foam additive kind of head. Had to cut the top off like you would to a Stella to keep the head around, which still only lasted about two minutes, until it was a ring. Honestly, if you’re going for the light beer on a budget, I'd go with Bud Light JUST BECAUSE it has no flavor, this is like a bad, adjunct-y lager that's been in storage for a year. I'm just wonder if Miller has some weird process that makes their beer taste stale, because I notice the exact same thing in MGD, yet not High Life, maybe its just the filterization. Anyways, about twice as yellow, piss looking as a Heineken, yet actually produces a decent mouthful. And the smell seems to get better when there is less of it, so the finish is actually pretty satisfying. From what I've realized, its better in bottles for some reason, and from the bottle, not into a glass, seems to cut the corn adjunct out of it. Overall, decent for why people drink it, but for a light beer, I'd go with Amstel, even for its price.

MusicmanSD, Jul 11, 2006
2.33/5  rDev +8.4%

Out of the big three macro light lagers (Coors, Bud, and Miller), this is the most tolerable. As usual, it must be ice cold to be drinkable. The pour is very boring as well as the body of the beer. The mouthfeel is very light and watery. As for the taste, it's just a light beer with just a slight hint of hop and lemon/corn flavor. Overall, it tastes like very light beer with not much to talk about. If I have to drink a macro light beer, this is tolerable.

AustinBeerLvr, Jul 04, 2006
1.93/5  rDev -10.2%

Poured from can into pint glass.

A - Yellow, large amount of carbonation, lack of any head what-so-ever.

S - Smell is of grain/malt.

T - Taste is slighty metallic with slight malts thrown in.

M - Way too filling for a light beer.

D - Drinkability is average due to low ABV.

Out of the 3 big macro brewery light beers. Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Lite, I think this one takes the crown. Not by much, but this is just slightly more drinkable then the rest.

HoustonTX, Jun 28, 2006
2.48/5  rDev +15.3%

Sent in with a massive trade by beerrun13 so I felt I had to review it. Ok color-not as pale as I expected. Fluffy white head. Low aroma-rather just "there" then anything resembling a beer as we know it. Ok flavor-it tastes somewhat like beer at first but it is gone all too qucikly. Reminds me of the dry beers of a few years ago. Somewhat of a grainy/corn flavor. No real body whatsoever. At least BUD has some "umph" to it but theres nothing here. Ok overall for what it is trying to be. I think you have to try these beers with an open mind as to what theyre are meant to be. (Check my review of BUD-as a macro I think its great). This really has little if any flavor or body. If I wanted to slam a beer after mowing the lawn or have somewhat of a beer flavor with a plate of spicy food ok it might work. For everyday drinking/enjoyment-I think not.

lackenhauser, Jun 12, 2006
1.15/5  rDev -46.5%

It's true, Miller Lite DOES have more flavor the Bud Light, etc. Unfortunately it's an AWFUL flavor.

If you drink something often enough and long enough you end up getting used to it. There's a whole generation out there which has grown up thinking this is what light beer should taste like. If you must have light beer, Shiner Light or Amstel Light is the way to go. Don't drink this nasty stuff.

omar, Jun 10, 2006
1.73/5  rDev -19.5%

The worst American macro light lager I have ever had. Got a can of this for free. A friend was over my house a few days ago and left a can in the fridge so I figured I'd review it. I had Coors light recently and it was better than this crap of a can of Miller Lite. That's not saying too much though. Pours a clear yellow color with a decent sized head that all but totally dissappears very quickly, leaving very little lacing. Smell... what smell? I certainly didn't smell anything at all, except a sort of skunky aroma with perhaps a very, very faint trace of something that might resemble some very mild hops, corn, or malt. Extremely mild and bland tastes of hops, corn and malt in a very thin and watery sort of manner. Mouthfeel is also extremely thin and water like with mild to moderate carbonation. I suppose the one decent thing that this beer has going for it is that it is indeed very easy to drink, but not in a good way per se when it comes to beer. With this beer you might as well be drinking water and it wouldn't taste any different, but water may be a little better and more refreshing, than this beer. I'm not even sure if I think this is worth drinking for free, even when no other beer is available. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Eric

neenerzig, Jun 10, 2006

Like the slogan says "same taste, less feeling".. . and thats the problem, is just a strange contradiction,.. it doesn't tastes the same as MGD and the feeling.. . damn, is just not there at all.

Is gives me a watery sensation, you can taste something that probably is a flavor additive, no smell at all... for me is just not an option, bad choice for any moment :)

But there's salvation for this beer, if your want to keep in shape and drink low carb beer, this a good option, around 95 carbs per bottle is one of the lowest in the market right now, so, 2 tumbs up for M.Lite

bunbury, Jun 10, 2006
2.8/5  rDev +30.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Beer and cigarettes. Sometimes the combination is just too appealing. But of course I don't want to ruin a tastey brew with smokey treats...so this is where Miller Lite comes in. Miller Lite, to me, tastes FINE. It's not bad at all. Sure, it's not delicious, but it has some flavor and it goes down smooth.

This is probably my favorite macro, especially out of BMC. I compared this to Bud Light last night since it happened to be available at my buddy's house, and I really prefered Miller.

Sosh, Jun 07, 2006
1.33/5  rDev -38.1%

I tried to approach this review with objectivity. I tried to give Miller the benefit of the doubt, because of all the BMC lite beers, I have generally gravitated to this one, if I had to to choose. Run on sentences aside, I just can't go easy on this beer. It cannot hold up to the kind of scrutiny I have given all the other beers on my list, despite our history.

Pours a pale pale yellow, with soapy head.

What smell?

Taste is smooth, but lacks decent malt/hop flavour. Very watery.

Easy to drink but no flavour.

Freshie, Jun 06, 2006
1.27/5  rDev -40.9%

The rumors are true; this is an awful beer. The first thought that came to mind was beer flavored water; this beer is so pale that it almost looks like water. This is a very light beer that tastes downright bad -- or for that matter does not really have much taste at all.

This is beer for those who do not like beer, the only time I would ever drink this beer is if it was offered free of charge (free beer is always good).

speedy3d, May 28, 2006
1.05/5  rDev -51.2%

The most pale color I've ever seen, almost seems to have no color, white head for a moment, leaves no lacing. Smells slightly flowery with strong astringency, I just can't find anything good about it. Astringent taste, hops present, but what kind, these seem like they have been altered. I would expect Saaz hops, these just seem terrible. Lower carbonation, extremely light body. I couldn't finish one of these, glad I got the can from a friend, but seriously give me a Pabst anyday.

badbeer, May 24, 2006

Light Yellow color with a small white head. Putrid, sickening aroma of algae, mop water, green plants and pale malts. Torturous, unrelenting flavor. I could barely choke down this stuff. I’ve now tried and rated Bud Light, Coors Light and this stuff, and this is by far the worst. I’d rather drink ocean water.

Crosling, May 22, 2006
1.8/5  rDev -16.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

This is my typical choice when I am out and the only options are the "big 3". Pours a golden straw color with lively carbonation and a decent head with little retention. Taste is better than most in the American light lager category but nothing to write home about.

cjgator3, May 15, 2006
1.9/5  rDev -11.6%

Had a work happy hour on Friday. The boss seemed very pleased when they rolled out the keg of Miller Lite.

Marginally more taste than Bud Light, but I still wouldn't call it that good. Did have a bolder appearance than Bud Light and Coors Light, but the color seemed to be a little artificial, kind of an orange color. Thin fizzy head that didn't last. Harsh feeling on the tongue from too much carbonation.

Overall not impressive.

sammy44, May 15, 2006
3.88/5  rDev +80.5%

Miller lite... ahh my first "true" love (whatever that is). I must say this is my favorite beer in this range primarily because it actually has a beer flavor rather than a water/piss flavor. The appearance is by far the best of this range, slightly darker yellow than most domestic light beers. Little lace is left behind by this beer but enough to satisfy a moderately undiscriminating beer drinker, or at least someone who keeps in mind the quality of this beer. The taste is slightly bitter with some sweet overtones. I actually like the aftertaste but it fades quickly. the mouthfeel is thin, but that is to be expected from a light beer. You can drink this beer all night if you can handle it because it does go down nicely and continues to taste good. If you drink another domestic light beer try this out, you may be suprised, if you don't drink domestic light beer, you rock.

uabigdaz, May 08, 2006
1.75/5  rDev -18.6%

Lite is just another offering in the vast stable of American Macro brews, and my rating reflects that.

The apperance is pale yellow with a decent head, but it is clearly more water than beer. The smell is almost non-existant, the faintest whiff of malt is there, but I think it was mainly because I was looking for it.

Taste and mouth are both bland. The taste is just water with the slightest hint of malt, the mouth is non-existant...no hops kick, no creaminess, it's just there and carbonated, which isn't good enough in my book.

The only thing it can rate average on is drinkability, and that is only because drinking this is like drinking water. It is so watered down that it becomes quaffable, not that I would want to.

The bottom line is that I had some of this because it was free, and I still felt that I'd made a bad choice by leaving store brand Root Beer in the cooler and having it.

CortexBomb, May 07, 2006
1.85/5  rDev -14%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Appears a fizzy yellow tone with a large bubbled white head leaves thin fine lacing. Aroma is full of cereal grains straight from the corn, rice, and barley categories some light hop character thrown in but overall uninteresting to me. Taste at least attempts to have a hop profile as the "true pilsner" this beer claims to be great for mass consumption low sweetness very light bitterness pretty clean overall. Mouthfeel is light carbonated water esque with a carbonation factor that tickles the throat. Drinkability hot summer cookout with friends it's safe other than that steer away from this one, if your looking for a great taste. Good commercials at times...hand me a Sunshine Pils.

WVbeergeek, May 06, 2006
2.28/5  rDev +6%

For starters, people you have to remember what you are drinking here. Its cheap, therefore your standards should be thrown out the window when rating it. I tend to only drink this beer when i'm in either A) a bar that serves nothing but the common American beers or B) out fishing w/ a few friends and knowing we are only going to go drink. Most of my friends do not drink the good stuff so we have to settle on something like this. Now, drinkability, I don't like this stuff for the most part and would never buy this to enjoy a beer, but weighing it against its competitors, its a little better than the bud lights & coors lights of the world. I choose this beer out of the options when going fishing w/ the buddies. Then, I shotgun every other can and this beer seems to be a good shotgun beer. As far as appearance, its yellow pee color w/ a light head (typical for the type). Taste is watery w/ little flavor & carbonated. Though, it shotguns easy so I made it a 2.5 and drinkability is higher b/c of that as well. When drinking this beer... Just go get drunk and catch a fish or something people... but don't buy it to enjoy during a football game or eating dinner.

beeroclock, May 06, 2006
2.3/5  rDev +7%

Ok, so this beer is not good...

A- Straw yellow color, little to no head, a bit of lacing when you tip the glasss
S- Well, maybe some malt... maybe
T- On tap, so it shouldn't taste like skunk, right- some malt flavor, very watered down, skunked aftertaste
M- its fine, light on the tongue, but it doesn't have any carbonation left
D- At a keggar, sure it could be drinkable but not to be enjoyed

supercolter, May 05, 2006
1.23/5  rDev -42.8%

I am sorry. I just can't do this. I can't drink this beer.

Even thought it pours a clear light corn color with a fairly decent head, I just think it smells and tastes skunky and wrong.

For a macro, this has to be the most offensive to me. There is a slight corn flavor with little to no hops and it leaves a rather unpleasant aftertaste.

This beer is just not drinkable. Sad to say, I would rather just drink water.

PuckLSHS, May 04, 2006
1.68/5  rDev -21.9%

Pours a three finger, white head that quickly fades leaving some lacing. Insipid pale yellow color. Very light carbonation and very light bodied. Faint skunky nose. Has a tinny watery flavor, faint hops in the background, good lawnmower beer if you can stand the tinny flavor. $4.99 for a 6-pack from Market Basket Concord, NH. Needed to buy this stuff for a party, amazing how quick it goes!!

jdhilt, Apr 30, 2006
3.63/5  rDev +68.8%

Less of a beer and more of a way of life/business mandate for me. My occupation demands that I drink this often and in mass. When I’m out with work people (even at a good beer bar) I frequently have to stick to ML or perhaps High Life in order to keep up. Work sometimes dictates that I drink more than 10 beers in a night and I can down 10 MLs and still be sober. Try that with any craft and you’re toast. I don’t usually mind it too much, ML in the bottle makes for a decent session. If it’s ice cold and in a can it’s reminiscent of a camping or fishing trip for me. Either way it’s ok. On tap is a different story. ML on tap is just piss and indigestion in a glass. Forget about it even when it’s free. ML looks like corn colored piss. It tastes like water and pilsner malt when ice cold and corn syrup when cold to warm. It smells the same as it tastes. It doesn’t give much of a buzz. It IS LESS FILLING! It’s way better than bud light, that’s for damned sure. Since we are supposed to review “within the style” here on BA, I’ve gotta give this beer props. It’s about the best you can do in this pathetic style.

DaPeculierDane, Apr 21, 2006
2.4/5  rDev +11.6%

I had several free Miller Lites, recently, at a wedding reception. The appearance is not great. It is pale yellow, with next to nothing for a head. The smell is fairly standard for a mass-produced domestic lite beer, that is to say, it doesn't wow you with a great aroma. It smells like a college party. The taste is okay. It is very light. It can be very drinkable, especially when its free.

I will say this about Miller Lite, compared to Bud Light and Coors Light, I think it is far superior.

zeff80, Apr 20, 2006
3.43/5  rDev +59.5%

Pours a clear bleached out straw color. Starts with a fizzy white head that fades quickly. Lace is not present.

Smell is faintly floral and grainy.

Taste is slightly sweet and semi-metallic. The highly active carbonation seems to numb the tongue. Crisp, clean and slightly dry on the finish.

Light bodied, thin mouthfeel. Very active carbonation. Very drinkable, nothing about this beer is offensive or notable for that matter.

I have to admit that I probably buy 5 or 7 cases of this every year. It is perfect for canoeing or fishing trips. I don't mind as much if it gets spilled in the canoe or boat.
I save the better beers for when we beach our canoes or take the boat back to shore.
It does have it's place. As light lagers go, it does seem to have a bit more flavor than your average macro "light".

EvilKeith, Apr 16, 2006
2.17/5  rDev +0.9%

Pours crystal clear pale yellow with fast blooming large bubbled head that disappears to nothing quickly
Aroma is very pale malts...not much smell at all.
Taste is pale malt with pale hops followed by 'beer' aftertaste....drying and slighty sour.
Mouthfeel is similar to water.
Great thirst quencher when water isn't enough but beer would be too much.

IntriqKen, Apr 16, 2006
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.