Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 3,956 | Reviews: 1,152
2.33/5  rDev +7.9%

A - Pale copper color... An ever so slight pure white head quickly dissapates... Lots of moderate paced carbonation...

S - Almost none existent... Just the slight hint of toasted malt... Possibly a tinge of mild weak hops... Not bad or off-putting, but completely boring and bland...

T - Mild malt... Sour dough... Some bready characteristics... Not much else...

M - Slightly fizzy... Light bodied... Thin... Cotton mouth feel after each sip...

D - Overall, just a little more color, flavor, and drinkability than other BMC light beers... Ever beer has its time and place and this is a tolerable stand-in for times when there are limited choices (ball games, bachelor parties, etc...)

3.13/5  rDev +44.9%

Light, almost transparent yellow with a high-foaming, quick-dissipating sudsy white head. Does leave some lace along the glass. Just a bit of corn-and-hop aroma out of the can, slightly wet-cornier out of the glass.

I may lose my membership for this, but in the annals of how things can taste, Miller Lite really isn't that bad. Obviously it's completely lacking in any sort of character or complexity. As their ad once put it, it's brewed in vats the size of Rhode Island. But considering the style, it's smooth, refreshing, unobjectionable, and basically how I'd expect a light beer to taste. I won't be running out to buy it, but I won't turn it down either.

1.5/5  rDev -30.6%

(From notes)

Grainy and unsatisfying. The quintessential watered-down beer.
Crisp and often cold, but never refreshing or worthwhile.

Pours clear yellow with an immediately-dissipating froth head.

Taste and smell are indistinct and muddled. Too grainy and hard on the palate.

Poor finish and leaves a touch of runny malt on the back end. Too dry to finish well.

1.87/5  rDev -13.4%

Pours a crystal clear pale light yellow with a foamy head that has zero lacing. Smells like a frat party... ok I'll give it a little more credit and say a college bar on a Monday night with $1 drafts. Taste is basically nothing, I think I had some corn stuck in my teeth though. Mouthfeel is horrible, not even comparable to sparkling water... just plain water. Drinkability is fine I guess... if you can drink water you can drink Miller Lite.

1.69/5  rDev -21.8%

Appearance: Clear and a pale gold. It looks like your typical Light Lager. Small head that dissipates quick.

Smell: I noticed virtually no aroma with this beer. Maybe some small sweet smells, but not much.

Taste: Same with the smell, there simply isn't much there.

Mouthfeel: Very thin and watery, with a little bit of carbonation to fill it out very slightly.

Drinkability: Not very good. Not something I would get again.

This beer, while it didn't offend me or anything, it did nothing to impress me. It's just kind of...there.

2.3/5  rDev +6.5%

Drinkability, baby.

Pours with a one finger white head that dies down very quickly. Pale yellow color with few carbonation bubbles.

Scent is a sweet grainy aroma. Wheaty, slightly sour...your typical cheap light lager.

Slightly sweet flavor. Is that some type of malty aspect? Nah, couldn't be. Very grainy flavor like bread and saltine crackers. No real quality of hops or anything decent like that.

Crisp, light feel with enough carbonation to go around. Not so bad.

Drinkability. It is their catch phrase. And I get it, in a way...this beer can appeal to the masses and they make no joke about appealing to the lowest common demoninator. So there you are. You could easily drink this at a cookout. You just may not enjoy it.

2.03/5  rDev -6%

A- Medium sized whit head with fair retention and no lacing. Bright gold colored beer.

S- Corn, Copper and two row malts, there was a hint of hops as well.

T- Corn, slight metallic flavor, light malt and a hint of bittering hops.

M- Light and watery, not much to talk about here.

The best part about this beer is that it was free. For a style that is (maybe falsely) associated with "drinkability" it took me quite some time to finish a pint, and I did not want another. It is not the worst beer I have had but i would not spend money on it.

2.2/5  rDev +1.9%

A thin watery beer with very high levels of carbonation.

Pours a very big thin head. This beer is bland watery and terrible.

The taste is very bland and thin, there is a slight beer taste there, but it's had to find.

Do yourself a favor and get a real beer, not this watery yellow fizzy crap.

2.88/5  rDev +33.3%

Ok, so yeah, Miller Lite. I must say it's my favorite beer if there is nothing else around. It's best quality is it's drink-ability. I could drink a ton of this. It's triple hopped and has a taste protector lid. But come on, this is the cheap stuff. The bottom line is you can get this anywhere and if you want a good beer with dinner at a place that only has that mass marketed stuff this is the one to go to.

A: Just like every other beer in this category, therefore I must rate it as average.

S: It smells a little bit sweeter than your bud lights but it's still not extremely pleasing. It doesn't smell nasty or anything but after having a chocolate stout and a Levitation it's not that great.

T: Fizzy water with a bit of malt and a bit of bitterness. I can't say I'm not impressed. It could be worse. I wouldn't say it's good either though.

M: It feels fine in my mouth. Although it is really fizzy almost to the point of stinging my tastebuds which lends itself to not a great feel if you hold it there for a minute. Best to just swallow this down.

D: Sure you can drink it! Probably a bunch of it. That's the point I guess. Maybe it's the conditioning with cheep beer I had but I have to rate this high on the drinkability chart because it is drinkable.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%

Let's be honest, no one drinks this beer to wax poetic about it. It's drank to get drunk.

A - Pours from the bottle a yellow color with a white head that appears and disappears in a flash leaving nothing behind.

S - Smells like wet hair. I know that's not productive but that's what I smell.

T - A little sour at the finish with an aftertaste of malt. Not much flavor... kinda the point though isn't it?

M - Little bit of tongue bite. Watery and clean.

D - If I want to keep up with my partying college brothers this is my beer of choice. Either that or restraint and restraint always looses.

2.7/5  rDev +25%

Miller Lite in the bottle light lager style.

A- Pours pale yellow color with soft white foamy head that falls in the brew leaving no lacing at all.

S- Starchy corn scents are upfront followed by a mild malt smell.

T- Taste is alright for the style with smooth corn flavor, watered down malts and maybe a little hop bitterness at the end.

M-D- Smooth on the tongue but a forced dry feel make this kind of hard to swallow. Drinkablity is good for a long night of drinking.

1.32/5  rDev -38.9%

I poured this abomination into a pint glass to a white head which immediately receded. The color was pale yellow. It smells sweet and stale. It tastes skunky but having had Miller Lite before I know this is how it is supposed to taste. It is very watery. High Life and MGD are better than this crap.

1.76/5  rDev -18.5%

The beer looks like beer. The body is a darker yellow than a few lite beers I have had. The head is white and rocky; however, the head quickly falls apart. The aroma is of cooked grain and little else. The flavors are briefly sweet grain. This gives way to a metallic flash of flavor. The body of the beer is thin. The carbonation is active but fails to improve the beer. Drinkability uh no. Yet another beer for people who dont like beer.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4

This was actually an "aluminum pint" poured into a pint glass.

Very clear, light yellow. A hard pour results in a decent sized, but weak-looking and quickly dissipating head. No retention or lacing at all. Mildly effervescent.

The smell and taste are subtly influenced by sweet malt and corn... mostly the latter, but neither the smell or taste is very strong. I actually think that of all the light adjunct lagers I've had, Miller Lite is the most bland. It's actually remarkable how little flavor there is in this beer. It's basically like drinking carbonated water, and I'm not exaggerating. The body of this beer is also reminiscent of water.

Why not just drink water? It's cheaper.

2.81/5  rDev +30.1%

I was in florida and despite having 30 taps there was nothing to be seen. They had a craft section which included bass, and bud light lime as highlights so someone had a few extra bottles from there bucket of beer so I just did it.

Started off surprised, a pleasant smell. Had a lot more off a pilsner smell than I remember. Appearance was obviously weak with about as light a color as you can imagine.

First sips were amazingly pleasant. Hops were minimal but detectable, I was actually thinking that I had unfairly knocked them. Body was obviously weak, but is that a bad thing or true to style?

Drinkability is where this was dissapointing. After a few sips it reverted back to what I was expecting. Bad tasting and hard to drink.would not of been able to drink anymore. I would clasify this as a light pilsner, tough call on if this is true to style just a crappy one, or just a crappy beer. Age old question I guess.

2.4/5  rDev +11.1%

This is a bad beer, its not good and everyone knows it. My contention however is it is in fact one of if not the best "bad light beers" Better then bud light, better than coors light. its the best, the most drinkable and for what its worth the best tasting. I hate the triple hop commercial they just came out with but that aside, it is a great beer to drink about 20 of.

Beer pong/ any drinking game, this beer is a champion. You may buy it in any store that sells booze, and it has less calories than other regular light beers. There you have it... the best bad beer!

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%

Not a fan. I'm not seein the whole "less filling, more taste" shenanigans.

Served: in a can, poured into a plastic cup.

A: Clear, golden, and carbonated.

S: I could smell the hops from the "triple-hops" brewing method used.

T: For a light beer, to taste some extra hops is different, but it didn't necessarily add to the quality of the beer. It's just like any other.

M: Hops, hops, and light carbonation, oh and hops.

D: Not as drinkable as it's mainstream peers. I'd much prefer Coors for a refreshing light beer if I'm buying cheap.

2.12/5  rDev -1.9%

"Four Time World Beer Cup Gold Award Winner. Best American Style Light Lager."

A - Pours a clear light gold with a bubbly white head.

S - In one word? Offensive. Strong corn, veggies, and grains too.

T - You guys add hops three times? Fooled me. There's a major grain impression that dominates the flavor profile. No wait, make that hay. Bale after bale of hay is what this tastes like.

M - Extremely thin, light as water. Excessive carbonation.

D - Being the son of water surely helps this beer go down one after another but the taste is sure to turn you away.

Final Thoughts: Blah

2.71/5  rDev +25.5%

Had at Dudley's Draw while working on some stuff. Pours a very pale yellow/golden with a solid white head. The heads sticking around on this guy, but I'm guessing its since it was a rough pour off the draft. Smells kinda grainy, a little like straw. Not much else on the nose. Tastes thin. Faint corny/grain taste on the finish, but otherwise pretty dry. This is better from the bottle I do believe. Its very inoffensive and easy to pour down my gullet though.

1.9/5  rDev -12%

A: I really wanted to give this beer a high appearance score because it is crystal clear but I simply can't. The body is pale straw but the head dissipated immediately. I realize that the color is correct for the style but it simply isn't appealing to me.

S: Rarely do I drink a beer where the aroma is offensive to me. It's got that macro lager skunk to it and my nose is not happy. They may add hops three times but I get exactly zero evidence of even a single addition.

T: Not quite as offensive as the aroma, but it's close. There is ample carbonation that causes a slight tingling bitterness and maybe a touch of malt if I let my brain dream a bit, but not much of either.

M: Liter than lite. The carbonation is the only thing that differentiates it from water.

D: All beer has it's place...I guess. This one would be acceptable (not good, just acceptable) for mowing a lawn.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

A: It's miller lite.. I'm drinking it out of the can.
S: If you have seen the simpsons spin off of Marry Poppins: Specifically the booze hound segment. I feel like it probably smells like the front of Barnie's shirt.
T: Hit's with carbination, slight malt and finishes metalic. It's like diet pepsi without the aftertaste.

2.83/5  rDev +31%

A: Pours a clear yellow color. A one finger white head forms and leaves light lace.
S: Grainy malt sweetness. Cooked veggies. Not much else.
T: Sweet grainy malt. Husky hay and grass flavors. An ever so slight hop twang as the flavor lingers.
M/D: A light body with high carbonation and watery. Easy to drink. Obviously meant to be quaffed at high quantities.

This is probably my favorite of the BMC light lagers. I don't really know why? I guess everybody has their preferences for this style. This is one of mine.

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

Of all the mass produced American light beers, it's my choice. It is what it is. If you have a choice at a party go with Miller Lite. It has slight beer flavour, unlike Keystone, Bud Light, Busch Light etc. Very easy to drink in excess, enough flavor to keep you satisfied.

1.8/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

If you're really hot and thirsty, and you don't care much about flavor. Or if you're worried about calories, and you don't need a satisfying fullness, this is an okay beer. It is actually a rather typical American light lager, presumably of a pilsener style, but not flavorful enough to be worthy of that title. The beer is light colored with a decent head. It is virtually without aroma or taste on the palate, and it certainly leaves no aftertaste. The carbonation is nice, and the very thin texture in the mouth is refreshing and crisp if you're thirsty. I'll continue to drink these at summer baseball games, because you have little choice in most American ball parks.

1.65/5  rDev -23.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 2.5

A: Very pale yellow/straw color with almost no head and absolutely zero head retention/lacing.

S: Not much there. Some grains and certainly none of the "triple hop addition."

T: Again, not too much. There are some grainy/grassy tastes from the adjuncts, and the tiniest bit of pale malt flavor, but a zero on the hops, and no complexity.

M: Quite watery. Very, very light. Carbonation is okay, but that really doesn't save it.

D: Less drinkable than Bud Light, unfortunately. I guess it goes down fairly easy, it just hardly resembles beer.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.