Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
2.16/5  rDev 0%

A: bright yellow, small head... looked away and now its gone

S: what smell? there is some corn there... I think?

T: Very light and watery, I believe this beer is malted barley and corn, the corn definitely lightens the flavor.

M: clean and crisp

D: If you're lookin to pound a few (and by that I mean like 20) then this is the beer I'd choose. It's definitely better than bud light as far as this style is concerned. It used to be my beer of choice in college... then I tried real beer)

1.75/5  rDev -19%

This beer is O.K. at best. It is a good beer for drinking one after another or free beer at social outings that beer may not be consumed fully or spilled/wasted. another great use for this almost worthless beer is to use it in such drinking games like beer pong.

2.15/5  rDev -0.5%

A-It pours with a rich, foamy white head.

S-Not bad, not good.

T-Tastes a little like beer, watery and carbonated, but it doesn't taste bad, just not very good.

M-You can taste the carbonation right away, but it does not leave a bad taste.

D-I'd drink it again if there was nothing better on hand.

1.75/5  rDev -19%

Appearance: Pale straw-yellow, crystal-clear body with a fizzy bright-white head that recedes quickly and leaves no lacing.

Aroma: Crisp and cidery with a plain, grainy sweetness. There's definitely something funky going on here.

Taste: Very thin flavor profile. Thin, grainy malt with hardly any bitterness from the hops, just some crispness and a bit of fruitiness. Unfortunately, there's a nasty chemical taste lurking around the edges, waiting to grab you. Thin, grainy aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Watery and fizzy, the standard for this style.

Drinkability: On occasion I've been forced to test the drinkability of this beer, and it keeps going down easy for quite a while. But unless you're looking to get drunk, there's no point.

Verdict: Maybe I'm just not "hip to the hops," but this sucks. It's the normal thin and bland profile you'd expect from this style, but with a nasty chemical taste takes it to a new level of shitiness. Firmly behind both Bud Light and Coors Light.

1.38/5  rDev -36.1%

This beer is very popular among women and I can't figure out why? It has a strong irony taste and doesn't taste like a beer should.

It always tastes as if it has been sitting by a furnace for 6 months before you drink it. It is very close to not being able to be drank at all.

2.38/5  rDev +10.2%

Miller Lite
Miller Brewing Co. / SABMiller
Style: Light Lager
ABV: 4.17 %

Reviewed 10/1/08 @ home, bottle>pilsner glass
A 2.0 - very light golden color, 1 finger head - gone quick, noticeable carbonation
S 1.5 - noticeable skunky aroma - this is the Miller Lit trademark in my book! Smells like stale water!
T 3.0 - tastes okay, better than I remember as the smell always turns me off. Tase aloen - mild hoppy-ness, good clean aftertaste
MF 2.0 - crisp, but mainly watery carbonation
D - 2.5 smell is a big turn off for me. Taste is okay, I would drink it for free or if it's the only option.

2.2/5  rDev +1.9%

This pours like you'd expect an american adjunt lager. Pale golden straw color with no head retension or lacing.

Aroma: Well these types of beers I think aren't really meant to be smelled or poured into a glass. These are meant to be consumed directly from the bottle or can. Aroma is of cooked corn and other grainy smells. No hops. A little bit if funk also.

Taste is bland but not offensive. This was my macro light of choice for a very long time over bud light and coors light.

Mouthfeel is overyly fizzy and thin. Overall this is a cheap beer and not worth spending your money on, but if it's the only thing available, I'm drinking it.

4.21/5  rDev +94.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A - Clear golden body with one finger of white head that goes away quickly but leaves no lacing

S - Faint malt and wheat mixture

T - Light malt and wheat flavor that is refreshing

M - Medium body with medium carbonation

D - Easy to drink and enjoyable given the right circumstances

4.09/5  rDev +89.4%

Presentation: Tapped

You may not be the biggest fan of American Domestic big name brewers but you cannot doubt the power they have held over the beer market and that is for a reason. If you take a taste test with a draft Miller Lite and a draft Youngs DB Chocolate Stout, you would be surprised at how tasty that Miller Lite actually is, when paired together on tap. It is supreme in it's drinkability yet a unique taste of corn/straw/malt lingers and quickly diminishes after each sip. I enjoy this beer as a session beer anytime of the year. Unlike with Bud Light and Corona where I can not just pop one open.. Well I would need a lime to take the Corona - And if beer pong or flip cup are in play, then Bud Light has a chance of consumption on my part.

So back to this Miller Lite:
Smell is of corn and malt.

Mouthfeel is slightly carbonated with punchy hints of barley and a slight tinge of corn again - And the corn is growing on me! Ever since I saw Field of Dreams I've wanted to live and co-habitate in corn fields; as well I've wanted to live in a forrest with Eiwoks and cruise on hover boards in a future time zone...but that is for another day.

This Lite beer is not a LIGHT beer it is a little bit different and it's golden flow is pristine. Feel the crispness sooth your need for a lite and fulfilling beer, just as Youngs DB Choc. Stout fulfills the need for it's own purpose.
Appearance: A golden god. But if I had my choice, which I do, I would go past Miller Lite and onto the High Life, especially when taking the 12 pack.

And if I was in a different store ready to spend, I might even move onto a craft/micro brew of choice with a similar golden light feeling but perhaps with some more hop twist involved: see: Prima Pils from Victory Brewing or the Lagunitas Pils.

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

My favorite light beer. I have been through many of these in the last few years of being at school. Miller Lite is a light yellow color and a very small head which dissolves very quickly. The smell is that of most light beers. The beer tastes very watery and carbonation is the most apparent quality. Mouthfeel is very thin and watery. Like I said, it's my favorite light beer, but that's not saying much. Good for college kids on a budget who don't want natty, but other than that I would say get something else. A good football game brew.

2.08/5  rDev -3.7%

Appearance: Poured a pale light yellow, crystal clear. Minimal white bubbly head diminishes to nothing immediately. Ample carbonation present.

Smell: Bitter and sour corn nose. No sweetness, no hops, no nothing. Very bland, bordering on offensive

Taste: Tastes incredibly watered down with little flavor. Corn and grain, with nothing else but a bitter bite.

Mouthfeel: Light-bodied, but thicker than I was anticipating. Carbonation makes it a bit tingly and overly filling.

Drinkability: Basically, this is a party beer. Cheap, and smooth enough to drink a lot of at a time. Not many other situations to drink this though.

3.51/5  rDev +62.5%

I'm pretty sure that everyone looking at this knows about this beer, so I won't go into great detail. Yeah, its completely clear and devoid of any fullness in the nose or taste. But, it doesn't taste offensive, in my opinion, the taste is rather good given the lack of complexity. Its carbonation is just right to create a refreshing mouthfeel, and we all know that nothing could stop you from drinking these all night if you put your mind to it.
My favorite BMC, hands down.

2.18/5  rDev +0.9%

No need to write down a description for each category for this beer. Overall, to me at least, this is a beer you drink if you plan on having quite a few because I don't get full drinking it. To me it is not nearly as good of a taste as heavier beers and it leaves the mouth dry after going down. Looks just like any other light beer.

2.47/5  rDev +14.4%

16 oz can poured into pint glass.

Pours a one finger bright white head. Head fizzles down quickly. Color is a clear straw yellow.

The aroma is kind of grassy and grainy. There is also a slight corn smell. Taste is basically the same. Very bland, can't get to much out of it.

Mouthfeel is very crisp, but then mellows down. Goes down easy with a dry aftertaste. This beer seems undercarbonated.

Overall, this is nothing stunning or good. I received this at a party and thought I would give it a shot and throw a review up on it. Nothing I would every buy.

3.6/5  rDev +66.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I'd have to say this has been my 30-pack session beer for several years now. One thing I can say is this beer has never bitten me on the back end, even with many servings in a session. My rating is for within its categery - light lager or light pilsner. Speaking of pilsener, I'd rather have one of these than a Pilsner Urquell (sp?). Pours a nice golden color for a light beer, and actually has some taste to it. Cheers!

2.6/5  rDev +20.4%

If you are going to a sporting event and want to drink 30 beers in a sitting, Miller Lite is for you.

I drank tons of Miller Lite in college, at Phillies games, Eagles games, pretty much any sporting event. It is also good for beer pong, asshole, etc. Basically if you want some serious volume, Miller Lite is for you.

There is a time and place for Miller Lite, and it can be quite refreshing. However, if you are looking to have a beer or two, get something better.

For the record, I do like Miller Lite and support it. AND, it is better than Bud Light.

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

At last summer's family BBQ in MN, it was either this or Grain Belt. I chose to mostly drink the later, but figured I'd give this a go.

A: Corn yellow with a fair number of big carbonation bubbles. Soapy white head starts out promising and them vanishes to nothing.

S: Boiled corn, with maybe a touch of cooked cabbage.

T: Keep it ice cold, and this is OK stuff. Let it warm and watch out. The corn theme continues in the taste, but is light enough to avoid being offensive. Bitterness is there with a slight metallic bite that's aided by the beer's fizz. Finishes clean. Overall flavor profile is wafer thin.

M: Super light, with a seltzer quality.

D: Does its job. I guess that's the best I can say.

3.39/5  rDev +56.9%

This beer is ok to drink if your un-beer-loving family has to get something, or if you've had several real beers and your taste is shot, or if you go to the bar and someone else is willing to pay.

I find Miller Lite to be much more drinkable than Bud Light, wwwaaayyy less carbonation. There is actually some taste and smell and it isn't wholly offensive. Mouthfeel I would compare more to gatorade or lemonade than water. It basically feels like water with something in it.

2.6/5  rDev +20.4%

I hadn't had miller in quite a while when my roomate picked up a twelve pack. I grabbed a cold one out of the freezer and I was surprised by how refreshing the drink was. It's slightly more carbonated than say, a bud light, masking the likely poor quality of the hops used in the brewing process. Definitely a drinkable beer. A good one for a day on the beach or tailgating (not to mention affordable). But, in regards to overall taste, this beer won't be nearing the A range.

2.28/5  rDev +5.6%

Beyond a classic.

Appearance - Light yellowish. About an inch of soapy head that clears out pretty quick.

Smell - A weird cereal, metallic mix. Like something left over in the corn hopper. And a dank basement. At least it's sort of a weak smell.

Taste - Sweet grain. Sort of a cornish flavor. No hops or anything. Bland, which is for the best.

Moutheel - Nice and crisp. Like water!

Drinkability - By the dozens! If you don't like tasting things.

I mean, how can I rate my all-time favorite garbage beer? Always puts a smile on my face.

2.61/5  rDev +20.8%

Had this on tap at JP Looney's in Greesnboro. They ran out of our usual staple Yuengling, so this was a bit of a last resort to appease the crowd we were with.

A - Not too shabby. Pale yellow, perhaps a shade darker than it's counterparts. Sizable 1-2 finger white head with decent retention. No lacing.

S - Grain and metal, and even this was very faint. Odorless for the most part.

T - All around cereal grain with seltzer water. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but there's not much too it. Probably a little closer to typical macros than other light lagers.

M - I was actually kind of impressed. It was light and thin, but there was a little bit of body there when compared to others of the style. Carbonation was high and prickly as expected.

D - Miller Lite certainly got the job done and was fairly unoffensive in the process. Not the worst choice for cheap beer at a bar.

A: A shade lighter than ginger ale with a soapy half finger head that quickly turns to film.

S: Wet cornflakes, steamed brown rice, fraternity basemend the morning after, and a bare trace of hops.

T: Grainy cereal, white rice, light oily and transient hop presence, seltzer.

M: Flat soda.

D: Highly in the sense that it's a quick going down beer, low in the sense that it isn't entirely enjoyable. So, I'll split it down the middle and call it average.

It's Miller Lite, we all know what we're in for.

3.13/5  rDev +44.9%

This beer to me is good for what it is. To expect it to be as good as a premium good beer is silly, but compare it to the other American Domestic light beers I find it to be superior. Yes its water down beer, low flavor, low smell, lower quality but for what it is I think its good. Its meant to be drinking in large quantities rather than for quality. Its great for barbecues, sporting events, or just a party where you don't want to be buying a zillion 10 dollar six packs. Its not a great beer what so ever but it was what many like my self started at in the very beginning of getting into the wonderful world that is beer.

1.85/5  rDev -14.4%

Provided by a friend at a get together. Kind of a situation where there was no way to decline without hurting folks feelings. My friend believes this to be the yard stick by which beer is measured, I have attempted in the past to introduce him to a better grade of Beer which did not go over to well.

I believe that everyone has experienced Miller Lite at least once in their lifetimes. It is simply a watery substance lacking body, flavor and definition, usually consumed in massive quanities. I do admit, that I started on low quality brews when I was much younger and had fewer choices. I know this is a very popular drink, I simply believe it falls short of being Beer.

This is a poor excuse for Beer and given the choice of drinking Miller Lite or pure well water, I would likely choose the well water and wait for the opportunity to have a real Beer.

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%

Appearance: Clear, yellow body with a thin, fizzy, white head.

Smell: Very minor notes of pale malts and yellow corn.

Taste: Faint pale maltiness, a touch of corn, and a light sweetness. Exceptionally mild bitterness. Abrupt, thin finish.

Mouthfeel: Light-bodied. Medium-high carbonation.

Drinkability: It's fine for what it is, I guess. And so poundable! You can down a pint before you say "I'll meet you at the bottom!" I'll take Remarkably Bland over Questionably Foul-Tasting any damn day of the week.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.