Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Miller Lite - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.17% ABV

Beer added by: OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Lite Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,112 | Hads: 4,170
2.72/5  rDev +19.8%

Continuing my survey of light beer, onward, and....upward?

Tremendously transparent, pale golden hue, slim slab of froth that disappers assuredly, while bubble float up from below. "Looks like a beer."

Aroma: wispy corny sweetness, and little else.

Taste: soft, then crisp, then gone. Lightness is indeed represented in full here, and any flavor that is present is absent before you notice. Doesn"t taste "bad" mind you, and there"s a brief bit of malt and grainy, enough thatI'd say it lives up to it's advertising. (Not that says much, being better tasting than Bud Light doesn't say I've sampled.

Dry, lightly citric finish, intensely carbonated, faint body. It does what it's supposed to....

Could it actually be happening that i"m saying good things about miller lite? What's next, I'll join the Garth Brooks fan club? Eat all my meals at Hardee's? Throw out my book collection and spend all my time in front of the Tee Vee?

Well, if that's all you want from a beer, lightness, wetness, a modicum of flavor, and the usual amount of booze, here it is, enjoy.

I'll still opt for more hops, more malt, more actual taste, and count us all lucky that such things are indeed in plentiful supply.

1.28/5  rDev -43.6%

From 05/29/11 notes. Part II of my reviewing bad beers at a wedding. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a tulip like glass.

a - Pours a clear, pale golden color with one finger of fluffy white head and high carbonation evident.

s - Smells of sour bready, grain, rice, wheat, and metallic notes. The sourness and metal blends into a truely aweful smell.

t - Tastes of cigarettes, metallic notes, sour bready, wheat, and grain. The metal and sourness from the nose is now mixing with what I imagine cigarette butts taste like. I've always pitured the brewers brewing this beer while smoking, and just throwing the butts in as they finished their cigarettes.

m - Light body and high carbonation. Water-like feel and too carbonated.

o - Overall this is one of my least favorite beers, and probably the worst of the BMC products in my opinion.

At this point in the night I saw someone with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, which was apparently being served at one bar but not the other, so I abandoned my bad beer reviewing and switched to SN and whiskey for the rest of the night.

2.77/5  rDev +22%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

On tap; served in a frosted mug, which may be why there’s no lacing.

Clear, pale golden; excellent clarity; good head

Light, somewhat watery body but with counteracting medium-high carbonation.

Aroma and flavor are very light, about as expected although even less hoppy.

O: clean and refreshing, but flawed by minimal substance.

2.03/5  rDev -10.6%

Poured light straw yellow with a bubbly head that fizzles out.
The smell was of adjuncts with hints of a chemical aroma.
The taste was of watered-down adjuncts. A vague watered-down hint of hops was very barely noticeable.
It goes down pretty easily - leaves a vague aftertaste.
There are plenty worse macro-lights. It might be okay if it's the only choice at a summer party or similar occassion, but not a true pilsener as it claims, and very watery and boring.

2.86/5  rDev +26%

Matt's afternoon of free American Adjunct lager beers continues. Served in a can.

Beer is clear and yellow, large bubbles make up the steady carbonation, no real head at all, no lacing.

Aroma is barely there at all. Some grains....maybe.

Beer is thin but has some flavor to it. No alcohol but some grain and the carbonation fill it out slightly. I'm not going to say its a great beer but I've had worse. I've had worse craft beer honestly. Its just boring and simple and bland.

2.18/5  rDev -4%

Had at a BBQ after I had finished what I brought. Next time I need to bring a few more of my own.

A: Pale yellow/straw colored with a foamy white head that dissipates quickly. Little bits of lace form after taking a sip, but are gone pretty quickly.

S: Pretty muted, grainy malt, a bit of corn sweetness. No hops.

T: Some grainy malt and a bit more sweetness than the aroma. Where are the triple hops though?

M: Light bodied with high carbonation. On the watery side, but that wasn't too surprising.

O: Easy to drink, but only because there really isn't much to it. Not what I want to be drinking, but won't refuse it if there is nothing else and I am out with friends or at some sort of social event.

2.05/5  rDev -9.7%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale golden yellow in color with some light amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a finger tall fizzy bright white head that quickly reduces to nothing but a very thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal lacing is observed.

S: Light to moderate aromas of musty grains, rice, and corn.

T: Light flavored, not a lot to the taste at all - there are hints of adjunct malts (grain and corn). Very faint bit of bitterness in the finish but it does not linger.

M: Light bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation. Thin and watery.

O: Easy to drink and sessionable but that is likely due to the fact that the smell and taste are just about absent (and the low ABV). I will likely be avoiding this one (even at the free conference bars) in the future.

2.47/5  rDev +8.8%

16 oz can poured into pint glass.

Pours a one finger bright white head. Head fizzles down quickly. Color is a clear straw yellow.

The aroma is kind of grassy and grainy. There is also a slight corn smell. Taste is basically the same. Very bland, can't get to much out of it.

Mouthfeel is very crisp, but then mellows down. Goes down easy with a dry aftertaste. This beer seems undercarbonated.

Overall, this is nothing stunning or good. I received this at a party and thought I would give it a shot and throw a review up on it. Nothing I would every buy.

2.23/5  rDev -1.8%

Thanks to my brother for graciously sharing this gem with me over Memorial Day weekend. Its been such a long time since ive tried any of this swill that it felt good to take a step back, reset the palate and just appreciate the glory of craft beer which I have been spoiled with all these years. My review may be biased because I was in a good mood while my team was crushing the opponent during a fierce bout of backyard horseshoes.

Decanted from a half barrel into a oversized clear plastic picture and then again finally into my red solo cup. The brew is a pristine piss yellow with a sudsy white froth that lasts atop. The smell is slightly corn-like and nothing else. The taste has mild sweetness, corn again, mild sulfur/carbonics and water. The feel is light, super cold (which I hear is indicadive of the style) and moderately carbonated from the double decanting. If I was forced to drink macro crap, I could tolerate this but im not drinking it if there are other choices available...like water.

3.2/5  rDev +41%

The beer pours a pale gold color with a thick frothy white head that fades to lacing. The aroma is decent, for a light beer that is. It has a light malt scent with little or no hops. The is a small amount of lager yeast aroma. The taste is average. It has a watered down malt flavor with a bitter skunky finish. It refreshes on the way down, but this beer is for amatuers. The mouthfeel is fine. It is a low bodied beer with lots of carbonation. This beer is about average as far as these types of beers go. It one and done for me. I prefer Michelob light to this.

2.22/5  rDev -2.2%

The beer is completely clear with a thin white collar that leaves minimal lacing. The aroma is typical of a macro lager, with sweet grain and corn. The flavor is fairly sweet, with a mediocre grainy taste. One of these is more than enough. Uninteresting and oddly sweet. The body is thin with a solid carbonation level. The finish brings more sweet grain, with a total lack of hop presence. Overall, I will never understand why the masses continually buy this beer.

2.29/5  rDev +0.9%

12oz can poured into a pint glass (for reviewing purposes)

Pours a clear yellow-gold with a mound of head and actually has decent retention. Smell is faint; grains but nothing else. Taste is weak grains and even weaker hops. The flavors here are so faint as to almost be nondescript. Highly carbonated, watery, and crisp.

There's very little here in the way of good. Very drinkable, but only if you don't mind the lack of flavor and enjoyability.

2.73/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

The beer of my college years.

The beer pours a clear yellow color with a white head. The aroma is corn with some other grains. Very simple. The flavor is corn, grassy hops and grain. Not much going on, but nothing too terribly offensive. Light bodied and medium mouthfeel. A decent drinker.

2.71/5  rDev +19.4%

08/02/08- Had on tap at a random sports bar in Canton, OH.

Presentation- Via the tap into a limited edition HOF pint glass which was free with purchase of Miller Lite...the only way I could get the glass.

Appearance- Light yellow colored pour. Pretty nice looking mildly foamy, yet somewhat creamy pocky head. Fades in a fe minutes and leaves no lace.

Smell- Light grainy notes...not really a corn scent but not to horrible.

Taste- Grainy notes, a bit of light malt-like taste. Sweet, but not overly sweet like some macros. Maybe even a slight hop twinge.

Mouthfeel- Average carbonation, not a offensive aftertaste.

Drinkability- For what it is, it's really not as horrible as I was expecting. About the same boat as Bud Light, but maybe a touch better. Blows Coors Light out of the water.

1.62/5  rDev -28.6%

I CANnot believe either their current marketing campaign OR the gullibility of the drinking populace. "Locks In Great Pilsner Taste", "Taste Protector Lid", "Great Pilsner Taste ... Triple Hops Brewed" are all followed on their imprint by "TM" in the teeny-tiniest, sub-agate font allowed by law! Why, you might ask is that important? Because, by law, you CAN and MAY trademark any meaningless slogan that passes across your synapses. That would be like me advertising "Woody Chandler - interchangeable with Hercules, Adonis, and/or Superman!" (TM). Rubbish!

On to the beer: I hoped, for a fleeting millisecond, that I might have actually poured a beer today with some head. Whoops, was I wrong! It started out with a nice, bone-white head, but the fizzy carbonic nature of the beer just erupted right through any head that may have had a chance. Even H. C. Andersen's mermaid had a better chance of becoming foam. I really had to sniff to get the cereal-grain (think Cheerios) smell that so many others have alluded to. It was a weakling at a sand-kicking contest (thx, Charles Atlas). Color was a straw-yellow with a brightness approaching water or glass. Mouthfeel was light and airy, allowing me to drift away on its billowy, puffy feel and forget, blissfully, that I was supposed to be drinking BEER! The taste, thankfully protected by the lid and with a "great pilsner taste" (TM), reminded me that it was "triple hops brewed" (TM). Rubbish! I've had tap water with a better taste and mouthfeel. Utter garbage foisted upon an unsuspecting public by lawyers in cahoots with brewers who should know better. The finish left me wishing for beer.

When the bottom line ($) is the bottom line, spend your money elsewhere.

1.78/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

12oz bottle, wait a second they make plastic bottles now. I thought that was stadium only. Ok, plastic bottle into a pint glass.

A- Miller Light pours out of the plastic bottle a pale yellow to golden color with minimum to no head, kind of looks like urine. I'm sorry, but that's what it looks like. Some fizz and bubbles emerge on the top. No lace.

S- The smell is light including very minimal grassy hops and processed corn. I can say that there is some skunkiness going on. no more, no less.

T- Very one sided with the corn and mild hop presense fighting to come through but barely making a wimper. I get more malts than hops but overall this tastes like carbonated water. There is no depth to this at all.

M- Very thin on the mouth and goes down like water with no dominate flavors causing any traffic. Kind of like sparkling water only worse. Miller light leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

D- Those commercials are lying cause i cant drink much of this. I see this as a gulping/ chugging beer because of it's light nature but i can't take more than a big gulp without cringing at the overall affect of this beer.

This beer is an easy out if your going to a party or social event as it's appreciated and won't go to waste, so i guess that ML has this going for it. Money well spent!!

2.07/5  rDev -8.8%

Miller's lightweight family member was also sampled tonight, as part of a sampling splurge I did at Vendome earlier today when some beer bottles were reduced to 99 cents. On to the beer:

Well, it's better than Bud Light. There's actually some kind of flavor to this one, mainly of corn husks and sweetness, a lesser extent of hops, and a seltzer-like feeling that finishes dry. I couldn't believe this unitl I tasted it, but after I finished a third of the serving, I started to taste a dose of alcohol reminiscent to cheap vodka. That can't be good. This brew packs an underwhelming 4% ABV, and I'm tasting alcohol? I tried to go on, but I couldn't finish the whole thing.

On the bright side, it has fewest calories of the Big 3 (for what that's worth) and only has a whisker more carbs than Michelob Ultra (also for what that's worth). Ironically, part of my Vendome run involved purchasing a bottle of the latter, which I may soon regret. We'll find out tomorrow.

24 oz. can,

A: Pale yellow, with a dissipating, artificial looking white head, with horrible retention in a pint glass.

S: Basically nonexistant, a light hint of corn.

T: Terrible, tastes like old tepid bath water, mixed with soap and soaked in cornmeal for an hour. I've had bad light beers before, but this one takes the cake. I'd rather have it taste like nothing, like Coors Light or Natty Light, at least then it would be easier to drink. There's no taste of the choicest hops that they mention on the label.

M: High in carbonation, seltzery, spritzy, no substance to it.

D: A terrible beer, this will be my lowest review on this site. I know I'm ranting, but my body had a bad reaction to this overprocessed crap. Save your money and buy a real beer, or least a Bud Light, which for a light beer is not horrible. True pilsner? Yeah right, drink a fuckin' Czechvar or Urquell if you wan't a real pilsner, in conclusion, the worst beer I have ever had. This is the antithesis of beer, everythng we been striving for, going back to tradition for 9000 years, there's no need to drink this shit.

1.53/5  rDev -32.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

One of four beers from this brewery I tried and reviewed while on holiday in Tobago. I disliked all of them. How does this brewery survive, their products are awful.

12oz can, poured cold into a cold half pint tumbler.

Very pale gold, full white head at first, soon fell away to a thin covering.

This is a nothing beer, no aroma, no taste or body to it. A waste of money.

2.14/5  rDev -5.7%

One of the better macro light beers, but that isn't saying much. All Miller Lite really has going for it is that it's easy to pound and the taste is inoffensive. Has almost no smell or taste except for that of grainy sugar water. I really couldn't muster more than a glass of this.

1.16/5  rDev -48.9%

A. Served on tap at a local sports game. Appeared straw yellow with some head.

S. Smells like corn, thats about it.

T. Once again a slight corny twang with subtle notes of vomit. Pretty awful.

M. Watery all the way through.

D. Some people pound these, but personally, one was more than enough for me.

2.56/5  rDev +12.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

I had some people over this past weekend and a couple of these remained in the fridge after everyone left. Pours a Light golden straw color with a decent head that slowly dissipates to a cap on top leaving lots of lace on the way down. Pilsner malt, and a light nondescript spiciness provides balance. There's not a whole lot going on in the aroma here. The taste is lightly bready with a crisp almost tart spiciness that does well to balance any malt that might show up. Thin body with a thin watery mouthfeel and an ample amount of carbonation. There's certainly nothing overly offensive here, but at the same time there's nothing exciting here either. This might make an ok lawnmower beer, but I can think of many with some flavor that I would pick over this.

2.06/5  rDev -9.3%

...At a graduation party. The host said he didn't have any of "my kind of beer" and I should drink some "real beer"...Okaaayyy. I'll have some fun with this. Zero head but a small bit of lacing, which is surprising. Lots of chunky carbonation pumping through this light straw colored brew. Smells of light sweet corn and malts in a water batch. Tastes of watered down crisp lager that may have been mediocre at best before becoming .01 grams/mole BEER. Slight hop feel isn't that great but it has an appeal that might be okay to someone who doesn't know what a hop smells, or tastes like. Mouthfeel is watery and seltzery. I couldn't drink more than one of these. This "True pilsner beer" wasn't exactly all my host cracked it up to be.

Not so good, Al.

2.5/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a standard Macrobrew yellow.

Smell is sweet with some malt smell. Mild grain and a whiff of flowers maybe?

Taste is actually present! Tastes mildly sweet with some grain and earthy flavors.

Mouthfeel is present, not great but it beats the last 4 Light beers I tasted.

Drinkable, It is not GREAT but it beats everything I have tasted except Sam Adams Light.

2.35/5  rDev +3.5%

A: Pours a dehydrated urine color with a 1/8 finger head and no retention. Lacing? I think not! It looks like apple juice.

S: Mildly crisp, hint of alcohol, reminiscent of an overripe apple.

T: My tongue is greeted with an explosion of metallic rice/corn flavor. It's a little dry and it's toying with the idea of being mildly bitter but it really hasn't committed to anything yet.

M: Small amount of carbonation, but I could be drinking apple juice mixed with water.

D: Bring it on. It's a refreshing beverage that is so flavorless that it's enjoyable. You don't have to think about this beer, you can just drink it down like a fish...perhaps after losing one's job, a death in the family, on a hot day in July, at the end of a long journey, or after a hard day's work at the mill (stone or flour). Seriously though, I would never turn this beer down.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.