Olde English 800 - Miller Brewing Co.

Olde English 800Olde English 800

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  5.90% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-11-2002

There are two variants, a 5.9% ABV and a 7.5% ABV version.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Olde English 800 Alström Bros
Ratings: 933 | Reviews: 313

With its "old world" label, and pee like color, I was enticed to one more time embibe one. This is just pure aweful. No taste, or substance. My breath smelled like I was hanging out with winos all day. Smells like the subway on a hot day.

If there were negative ratings I would choose them.

The original Ghetto Juice! The ONLY (beer)? That I've ever poured down the sink after two tastes. Repulsive.

First had: bottle (40 of course, yo) from some random liquor store

Worst beer ever? Possibly. I remember once back in the day stopping at a liquor store before going to a party. My friend picked up a 40 of Olde E. "Good God, how can you even think of drinking that?" I asked... as I picked up a 40 of Coors Light.

Pours the color that your pee is when you're dehydrated, or when you've not been drinking Old E enough. Fizzy, with a quickly-receding white frothy head. Smells of sweet corn and old grains. Taste of tinkle, corn, stale grain, and alcohol. Very light-bodied, harsh, and pretty much as undrinkable as rocket fuel. Goes good with pig knuckles, collard greens, and maybe garnished with a slice of watermelon. Yo.

As a teen I drank this a few times when I had little money to spend and wanted something to "blitz" on. I can not do an unbiased review here or attempt to review it as I would do my other beers, and with that being said here goes...This is by far the worst swill you could ever think to try and consume. It smells as bad as it tastes. Avoid at all costs unless you are the verry Adventurous . Homie don't play that!!!

No reason to drink this beer - now nor then.

Yellow color, fizzy white head, no lacing. Terrible stuff. Same as Colt 45... they both have a permanent spot near the bottom of my list. Lots of corn, some malt and some old caramel. But hey, if you're young, need to get drunk and don't have any money then go for it. Just don't say I didn't warn you the next morning.

Purchased 32 oz for $1.89 at a local liquor store.

Drank straight from the bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag, because I'm classy like that.

A = Piss yellow and crystal clear. Being in a clear bottle bombarded by fluorescent lights, I knew I was in for a nasty, light-stricken mess of a beer. After purchasing, me and my brother laughed because it looked exactly like a bottle of Listerine at the grocery store. Upon cracking the resealable twist off cap, a great deal of piss-like foam surged upwards like a soda.

S = Skunk and spent grain.

T = Harsh, skunky, sour corn and pee. Worst beer I've ever had...

M = Can't recall well, as the initial harsh flavor was so shockingly bad that I didn't take another sip.

O = Poured the rest of this one out for my homies. At less than $2 it's not like I was losing anything worth having. Unless you're looking for the cheapest, nastiest way to get buzzed possible, stay away from this one. I admit this was bought as more of a gag and I had no intentions of finishing it. Needless to say, my low expectations were met... thoroughly.

I'm working off of memory on this one; I can't guarantee that I'll actually drink this again, but if I did it would purely be for the sake of deliberate beer advocacy.
I tried this as a teenager and gagged then.
My taste buds and appreciation for tastes have developed since then and I can only imagine wanting to rate this all zero's.
Urine is all that comes to mind with this "brew".
Well, headache and hangover also come to mind.
Avoid, avoid AVOID!
Please!

1.03/5  rDev -49.3%

All 40 ounces preserved in it's classic presentation, Olde E is a legendary beer. Yeah, right this beer is ghetto swill in all it's glory. Made famous by Run DMC in eighties, this beer pours a golden similar to apple juice hue. Pours with a thick foamy head that cloys around the rim of my mug, with a decent head retention. Aroma is straight up unpleasant, all cereal grains with an astringent slightly cooked vegetable scent. From the smell you would think this stuff could take of some layers of paint from the wall. Taste is highly carbonated watery yet acoholic harsh bitter nasty ass taste. Not a slow sipper chug this and bypass the palate, this beer is for getting folded. I really can't tolerate this one but it's a favorite of my friends. So, in closing there is no question this is one shitty beer. Watch out for the hangovers this beer is known to cause, in my opinion steer clear.

1.05/5  rDev -48.3%

Back in early college the 7.5 AB and gangsta rap marketing made this a go to; now 20 years later I can say this was awful. It served itS purpose, but it is horrible. Only recommended to those looking to throw up or for the once in a lifetime game of Edward Fortyhands. - Cheers

1.06/5  rDev -47.8%

One taste is enough for this beast. It has an aroma of old malt and bad alcohol. There are some sour yeast smells as well. It has a dirty river color and not much head. It appears to be tan though. Body is think and syrupy which leads to poor drinkability. I will probably never again venture back to this stuff.

1.06/5  rDev -47.8%

Reviewed from notes. Drank on 10/22. Split with others.

Straw yellow with a small head with poor retention. Looks very unappealing. Smells of cooked corn and veggies. Why did I agree to have some of this?

Tastes like cooked corn, veggies, and there is a metallic taste which I could do without. This is really bad. Why did I waste my time on this?

High carbonation, harsh to drink, just complete and total swill. Don't waste your time. Stay away from this one.

1.06/5  rDev -47.8%

I have a great marriage ,I love my wife, but if I didn't I would drink this to be able to die sooner

1.1/5  rDev -45.8%

Oh god where to begin. First of all this beer is on my blacklist. I had two of these in one night that I will never remember, woke up in the morning and puked six times. What I do remember though is that there is nothing good about this beer, not even good enough to get drunk on.

I don't care how cheap this is, I wouldn't drink this again if it was given to me. I would rather piss on a turd, blend it, microwave it and eat it! Avoid this beer at all costs. The name is deceiving, there is nothing Olde about this beer, and there is nothing English about it. The price tag may seem attractive, but so is a cheap hooker who ends up giving you herpes - OE800 is no different (yes I probably got herpes from drinking this shit).

1.11/5  rDev -45.3%

Almost a four finger head with good clinging lace. Color is a 6 on the SRM beer color chart. Smell is bad, much like rotten corn and wet oats. Taste is harsh, cooked corn and malt. Mouthfeel is bad, not much body and a very dry feeling on my upper palate. I am sure the beer was made for one thing. A cheap drunk. I guess after the first 24 oz you could drink another with no problem because your taste buds would be numb.

1.11/5  rDev -45.3%

About time I get my malt liquor reviews in. These may be repetitive because I am not an expert in the style.

40 oz of course

Fizzy white head. Color is a clear pale golden yellow.

Aroma: malts and alcohol. Corn. Metallic flavors. Very bland.

Taste: Pretty much the same. Bready malts and cardboard staleness. Corn. Off flavors all around.

Mouthfeel: Thin bodied, medium carbonation. Grainy and chewy. Ends bland.

Overall, not something I ever want to drink again.

1.12/5  rDev -44.8%

It's fitting that the picture of this beer on the site is of an empty bottle, because you should never go near this liquid. If you want to live, that is.

I could buy a case of this shit for like 18 bucks at the gas station at my college, which I did a few times.

It's yellow, like urine. I didn't pour it out, because it was taped to my wrists. I would've looked like a dumbass if I had poured it out. Because I didn't look stupid with them taped to my wrists, obviously.

Smells kinda like corn, but mostly like sweat.

Unless you have an iron stomach, you can't drink this beer fast enough, which means it will unfortunately warm up. Might as well end your life. This beer is utterly ATROCIOUS as it warms up- tastes like stale cereal that's been left in muddy ditch that a homeless person with Lupus just peed in. Oh dear lord.

I guess it's light bodied, wasn't really paying attention. It seems well carbonated. Not even a little bit drinkable.

When you stare into the abyss, sometimes the abyss stares back into you. Or something.

1.12/5  rDev -44.8%

Served in standard pint glass

A: Looks like corn colored carbonated water. White head with some lacing.

S: Quite dirty and grainy. Unappealing

T: BAAAD. Corn, cereal.

M: See taste.

D: Get drunk beer only. Not a drink I will be returning too on purpose

1.12/5  rDev -44.8%

I'm writing this from memory lane, as I decided to buy a 32 ouncer to relive some teenage memories. I live in Florida now, but I recall drinking 40 ouncers back then. They used to sell a 64 ounce bottle of OE (yikes) that was so large the bottle had a handle. Yeah. A handle.

Memory lane was paved poorly. God, this is a nasty brew. The color is visible in the bottle (you don't pour this into a glass), and it looks like how it will leave your system: as urine.

Taste: If you drink it at ice-cold temperature, it's fine. At cold temperature or less, it tastes like it looks.

Just an awful, awful beer. When I have children, and see them try and drink this like I did when I was their age, I won't say a word. They'll learn like I did---this is just bad, bad, stuff.

1.13/5  rDev -44.3%

The Big Nasty. Don't drink 3 of these in a night, or you'll wake up next to something regretable. Anyways, looks and smells like human liquid waste.

Taste is just alcohol and yellow beer. Mouthfeel, something, rice or corn wallows around. Kinda drinkable once you get a little tipsy and play some Too $hort.

1.13/5  rDev -44.3%

Smells bad. Tastes bad. Just bad.

1.14/5  rDev -43.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Some people like it but I think it is God awful. Who knows what is all in it and it tastes like play-doh. Count me out. There's a lot of other better cheap crap out there.

1.15/5  rDev -43.3%

I was recently in the liqour store with $5 and wanted to relive my college days so I decided to pick up some Olde E. What can I say that hasn't already been said about his terrible beer. It tastes like metal, corn, and stink. When I drink it, I want to get it down as soon as possible, no foam at all, with this beer. Same piss color that is know in this beer. Man stay clear of this one, only for the faint of heart, but it does catch up with you, I call this one the creeper.

1.16/5  rDev -42.9%

A- Kind of a dirty brown-amber color.

S- Smells like skunky yeast.

T- I only tasted this stuff because it was gaming nite and one of my buddies bought some. I figured what the hell, why not try some? It was pretty bad, it tasted like coors light with stale french fries in it.

D- It is not smooth at all, you gotta force this stuff down.

Olde English 800 from Miller Brewing Co.