Olde English 800 - Miller Brewing Co.

Olde English 800Olde English 800

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Malt Liquor |  5.90% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-11-2002

There are two variants, a 5.9% ABV and a 7.5% ABV version.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Olde English 800 Alström Bros
Ratings: 933 | Reviews: 313
2.15/5  rDev +5.9%

This brew is really nothing to write home about, the taste is alright. When I was younger this is all we used to drink. Its funny looking back on this brew now after exploring way better beers.

God this brings back great memories of my youth

1.29/5  rDev -36.5%

This has a small of straight booze. Its nothing special, but it can quickly get you hammered.

1.5/5  rDev -26.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Insert 90's gangster rap lyrics here

2.61/5  rDev +28.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 3.25

Not crafty, tasty, or special. But $4 of OE can get me tipsy! :)

4.88/5  rDev +140.4%

A great beer to drink whenever you feel like having a good time. Probably my favorite beer.

2.5/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Olde English is sort of the classic malt liquor. It has numerous movie, rap, music and other cultural references, and it isn't hard to see why. if you drink the stuff, it certainly is memorable. I don't know if there is methyl alcohol in here but the buzz is kind of intense and the people who say that they drink four or five of these a night are probably lying, and either way are people to steer clear of. It's alcohol in a pinch, just like aI said with the better Steel reserve. Treat with caution.

1.99/5  rDev -2%

don't let this one get even close to room temp...Edward 40 hands it

1.26/5  rDev -37.9%

Started out drinking this prior to being of age, drank a decent amount of it actually. I once dropped a full forty on my garage floor and the smell was lethal. Haven't touched the stuff since.

2.5/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

By far...my favorite malt liquor!!!!

No reason to drink this beer - now nor then.

1.75/5  rDev -13.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

O the good ol days of drinking these on the train. still awful

2.62/5  rDev +29.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

This was never a first choice when we were scoring beer from an adult. The one time we did get this, was due to the wino who pimped for us. It was nasty, but it got the job done.

1.75/5  rDev -13.8%

Nasty bottom of the barrel higher alcohol content beer. Very harsh after taste and very malty taste. Had this in my very early (under aged drinking) days, and haven't had it since. This is truly not worth any amount of $.

Another classic American Malt Liquor. Corn and malt sweetness, slight bitterness in the finish. Nothing fancy, just an easy drinker.

2.06/5  rDev +1.5%

Pours piss yellow and quite sweet. One bottle of this stuff is enough to mess you up.

The original Ghetto Juice! The ONLY (beer)? That I've ever poured down the sink after two tastes. Repulsive.

3.07/5  rDev +51.2%
look: 5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

Gets you fucked up and doesnt taste too bad

1.14/5  rDev -43.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Some people like it but I think it is God awful. Who knows what is all in it and it tastes like play-doh. Count me out. There's a lot of other better cheap crap out there.

1.48/5  rDev -27.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Gross beer, Edward 40 hands that is all.

If there were negative ratings I would choose them.

3.5/5  rDev +72.4%

It's mouth-friendly, and the wide bottle is easy to hang onto when everything else is slipping.

3.25/5  rDev +60.1%

A- Just looked like a mass produced American style lager when poured into a mug. Thick white head that shriveled up to nothing. It was very clear and golden with lots of bubbles.

S- Wet corn husks and very sweet barley malts.

T- Same as scent basically. Sweet corn husks and barley malts. There is a prominent grainy flavor. No alcohol taste was detected. Very, and I mean very, light hop oil taste was there. Virtually no hops were noticeable. It just reminds me of a sweeter High Life really. Pleasant as far as malt liquor is concerned.

M- Mouthfeel here is medium, but it's still pretty mild as far as American lagers are concerned. There is a bit of a corn syrup thickness. It is thicker and richer than a Miller High Life for sure. The drinkability is extremely high on this beer. This and private stock are the most palate friendly malt liquors I've ever had.

*I'm looking at this beer as a malt liquor and a American style lager only. If I'm looking at in that category, it's a good beer. Like I said in the mouthfeel, Private Stock and this are the best malt liquors I've ever had. Private Stock was my all time favorite malt liquor. But there is nothing wrong with this beer as a malt liquor. And at the price this beer is at, it's a winner. Don't knock Olde English 800 till you've tried it for yourself.

2.75/5  rDev +35.5%

We used to pay crackheads in Trenton 2 dollars to buy us these. It was worth it.

1.06/5  rDev -47.8%

I have a great marriage ,I love my wife, but if I didn't I would drink this to be able to die sooner

Olde English 800 from Miller Brewing Co.