Miller Chill - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.
to view more.
Ratings: 745 | Reviews: 340
Reviews by WesWes:
2.77/5  rDev +42.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

The beer pours a very pale yellow color with a thick frothy white head that slowly fades to lacing. The aroma is decent. It has a faint pilsner malt scent along with the essence of lime and salt; kind of refreshing. The taste is average at best. It has a lime flavor that almost resembles Zima or some other malternative. It's refreshing, but it holds little resemblence to beer. The mouthfeel isn't that good as well. It's a low bodied beer with loads of carbonation. This beer doesn't deserve the hype. It's watery beer with lime essence; big deal.

1.95/5  rDev 0%

12oz green bottle. Pours into my glass an extremely light yellow color with a fizzy white head that sticks around due to lots of active carbonation. If this was much lighter it would be clear. Not looking good so far. Aromas of light cereal grains along with a somewhat artificial lime. Somewhat of a weird sweetness as well. Not much else going on though, except for some DMS.

First sip brings a light cooked grain malt upfront along with a mellow lime twang that doesn't pass as being real lime juice, but does bring in a sweet aspect. The salt is noticeable on the way down along with some more DMS flavor. Bleh, this brew doesn't do anything for me. The flavors seem artificial and just don't work.

Mouthfeel is extremely light and arid with lots of carbonation. Carbonated water is not a bad comparison at all. I can see this being refreshing, but I can think of many many more tasty beers that are equally refreshing. I bought this single because I couldn't help but try it, but for me there's not many redeeming qualities to Miller Chill. No thanks, I think it's best to avoid this one.

2.42/5  rDev +24.1%

My wife ordered this, took a couple sips, and said she couldn't finish it. In the interest of science, I finished it. Pretty clear without much color. Medium head that quickly disappeared. Tangy lime aroma, but smelled artificial. The taste was worse. I think there was supposed to be some lime, but all I could tell was it tasted a little tangy. Not even very refreshing. I'm not sure why anyone would intentionally drink this beer.

1.79/5  rDev -8.2%

weak showing here even from miller. i find it funny miller did a comercial, their round table promotions, with burt reynolds, jimm johnston ect. and they agree not to fruit the beer, ie corona, yet they make a miller lime flavored to compete with crona, and well it's about equally bad so i guess in that respect it suceedes

12 oz bottle. Pours a clear fizzy light yellow with a fizzy rocky white head that retains well and leaves a little lacing.

The aroma is sweet corny macro malts with some sugary lime-like tequila.

The flavor is sweet corn malts and lots of sugary lime and some mint with a bit of a skunky off-malt aftertaste. The mouthfeel is light to medium bodied with sharp fizzy carbonation.

Overall, it's not beer - more of a malternative. But surprisingly, it is drinkable. I have had worse beers, and this is better than most macros.

1.76/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Why not? Pours a very clear, haystack color with lots of carbonation and minimal head. Smells of light grains and citrus lime. Taste is very watery, light grains, lime, slightly salty, just strange. Not really up my alley. Id rather have a Miller Lite to be honest. Mouthfeel is very thin, and lots of carbonation like a Coca Cola or the like. Strange aftertaste.

1.62/5  rDev -16.9%

A quick decanting shows the obvious clarity of a light beer and the head of one as well. Not much head retention at all but it was not expected. Odd lime aroma, very similar to the natural agents added to soda. There is even a salty note in the nose. First sip shows an extremely thin body with a forced refreshing carbonation. The flavor is the same as the aroma, soda-like lime flavor. Very little malt character at all, hops are a no show and there is a mild salty tone middle to end. Bone dry with a watery lime flavor in the finish.

Chalk this up at a border-line malternative, a beer for people that don't like beer. It actually tastes like a really bad diet soda. Even if this does stick around for more than several years and not deemed a fad anymore it will simply live on as a sub-par product for the ignorant uneducated consumer. Hell, with the amount of soda that is sold in the US this one will probably be here for a long long time but this will be the last visit here as this is a big fat thumbs down.

1.63/5  rDev -16.4%

Pours a clear pale yellow with a white head that is initially impressive but completely vanishes without lacing in about a minute. Aroma of lime soda atop rice husks. Faint fizzy light beer taste dominated by artificial lime soda notes. Fortunately, there is not enough taste for it to be truly horrid. Strong selzer water feel makes for about as much drinkability as most common light lagers but the lime spike doesn't justify the premium price.

3.29/5  rDev +68.7%

I will say right up front, that I think this product was mis-labeled. It has a very slight beer taste, but to me it seems more like a malt-ernative. Somehow, I still seem to like it. Who needs to jam a lime into an overrated Mexican beer, when you can now get the same refreshment from Milwaukee. Great beach brew, or maybe to compliment Taco night.

1.6/5  rDev -17.9%

I was truly disappointed in this beer. There was nothing I liked in it... from color, to smell, and especially the taste. It had an intense pseudo lime flavor to it that assaulted my taste buds.

I have to be honest I had high hopes for this beer, but in the end I couldn't even finish one bottle and had to dump half of it out. I think it was a good idea by SAB Miller, but in the end it was poorly executed in the formula. Back to the drawing board Miller!

2.09/5  rDev +7.2%

poured into a mug from a 12oz clear greenish tinted bottle with a twist-off cap.

Clear,yellow with a greenish hue. Tall creamy, slightly sudsy, white head with a bit of retention. Very active carbination and lasting,lively looking beer,leaves some sticky lace coating down the glass.

Clean aroma with subtle lime not as much lime as I would has suspected,at least it's not overdone. Also has a slight grainy aroma. Not much aroma,but nothing offensive.

Clean tasting, lime tastes not overbearing,tastes like a light lime soda. No salt tastes as stated on the label,nothing i could really detect. A dry,light grainy aftertaste. Overall the beer was just too sweet for me.

Very light,watery with a fizzy tang. Drinkable like a glass of water or soda. Not drinkable as far as beer goes. Ordered this at the Mexician restaraunt thougt it might go with the food there, was wrong, wish i ordered a Bohemia instead. Had to order a Bohemia to get the taste of the Chill out of my mouth. Did nothing with the food didn't even help to wash it down. Just another gimmick beer even the wife said it tasted nasty. Not a beer i would drink again just wanted to see what all the hype was about. As usual a big dissapointment. Drink this beer at you own risk.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

There's really not much to mention here. For a beer that's being marketed as a "super premium," I found it quite unremarkable. It's pale, has a short-lived head and leaves minimal lacing. Taste is lime on top of lime, as I'm guessing a chelada should be (the recipe calls for the juice of 1 to 2 whole limes, then Mexican beer), and while it is rather refreshing, I was expecting something more for $11.99 (12 pack). At that price you can buy as 12-pack of Caguama, Corona or Sol and 4 limes. Unremarkable, but not bad, and it's definitely overpriced (by about $4; don't kid yourselves Miller, this isn't worth it, and it's definitely no import).

Probably the best way to sum this beer/chelada up is the response of a friend of mine. He tasted it, swished it around in his mouth and simply said, "It's kind of like Sprite." 'Nuff said.

1.11/5  rDev -43.1%

Maybe its the green bottle, but this sucks similarly to Dos Equis Special Lager. Terrible yellow appearance, does nothing beer is supposed to do when poured, smells of sugar.

Tastes like sugar. That's really all I get in the mouthfeel, sugar and water. If that's what you're into, check it out.

2.94/5  rDev +50.8%

Appears a light pale golden forms a large white head that quickly dwindles down to scattered lacing that evenly coats the pint glass. Aromatics present with lime peels and corn, rice, and other cooked veggies smell relatively clean overall. Flavor barrage of lime juice sweetness and salted edges drying the sides of the palate, touch of light beer in the background with the mild malt sweetness no real offness just more of an iced margarita type of thing going on. Mouthfeel is highly carbonated light bodied extremely light almost watery feel to it but yet non offensive to me. Drinkability is great for a couple especially after mowing the grass not something I would drink in number a really cloying beer after a couple.

2.97/5  rDev +52.3%

Well I have not heard anyone say this is nasty so I am game and I fear no beer!
Aroma is rather benign, not heavy on lime, been many years since Tequiza and it is what I was expecting.
Taste is light and the lime flavor is more subtle than expected. Been drinking Margaritas so this is mixing well!
Finishes clean and it is like MGD with a good flavoring of Lime.
Not bad, not bad at all, quite quaffable.

1.66/5  rDev -14.9%

Poured from a 12oz. green bottle into a pint.

A: Fizzy and pale with a brief white head. The head is gone before you get comfortable in your seat.

S: They're going for a lemon-lime flavored beer. The lemon-lime doesn't smell natural and there is only the faintest hint of malts, with no hops whatsoever in the nose. It does not leave you wanting. I like some fruity beers, but this is neither fruity nor beer smelling. I was thoroughly convinced this was going to be a bad idea after the nose on this one.

T/M: Everything from the nose arrives as advertised on the palate. It is a fairly crisp beer with high carbonation, so it has that going for it.

D: I would recommend leaving this one alone. But, on the outside chance you were a Zima fan, than this is your beer.

1.45/5  rDev -25.6%

This is basically a hatecrime in a bottle.

For whatever reason this seems to be the rage. The lime flavoring taste is very artificial. Almost like someone dropped green Skittles in my beer. My very bad beer. Oh and there's salt flavoring too. Surprisingly, the salt taste was actually not terrible.

Anyhow. Avoid this.

1.47/5  rDev -24.6%

Pours like a standard macro...pale yellow with a soft head that disappears quickly.
Aroma is more lemon than lime to me but with some funky adjunct aroma that makes it smell 'heavy'.
Taste does have a fresh lime and touch of salt to it but then the 'heavy' adjunct (corn maybe?) comes in and makes it very unpleasant to me.
This isn't just Miller with lime and salt...there is something else in there I can't really identify that makes it almost undrinkable to me.

1.9/5  rDev -2.6%

355ml bottle. I saw these being sold as singles at a local liquor store, and figured it better to try it this way, as opposed to paying bar prices to tick it at some future ill-conceived outing.

This beer pours a clear, very pale golden yellow colour (got a nice view of the front yard through it, at least), with two fingers of puffy, thinly foamy, and sudsy off-white head, which exhibits textbook zero retention, yet renders a bit of splotchy lace around the glass in its rash wake.

It smells like lime-flavoured Fruit Loops, mineral water, and some mostly obscured skanky veggies. The taste is caustic lime, a thin grainy corn sweetness, more hard water stoniness, and, well, that's pretty much it.

The bubbles are pretty tacky and overwrought in their frothy edginess, the body a veritable lightweight, very thin, watery, and yet somehow clingy and clammy. It finishes a bit sweet, the factory lime and skunky corn cereal essence fading out.

Interesting to see a BMC product on Canadian shelves these days that's actually made in its Yankee homeland, and not contract brewed on this side of the border. In this case, however, Miller Chill's plainly pandering and generally offensive nature has me tempted to decry American hegemony.

2.16/5  rDev +10.8%

Pale straw in colour with loads of visible carbonation. Fluffy white head quickly fizzles away, leaving a thin cap of bubbles behind. Some lacing. Smells like lime flavoured carbonated water. Tastes like lime flavoured carbonated water. It's even less beery than the Bud Light Lime, if you can believe it, and the lime isn't quite as intense either. Thin and spritzy, though not as aggressively bubbly as BL Lime. Would you be surprised if I told you it drank like lime flavoured carbonated water? The lime flavoured carbonated water is so much cheaper though.

1.13/5  rDev -42.1%

This has a classic macro look but the head is really fizzy and active, loses life pretty fast over it's pale yellow, clear body.

The aroma of metal-infused malt, overcooked rice with a sour, tangy lemmon-lime scent. Thin and sour overall.

The malt is extra thin, not sweet but sour and tangy with long, bitter lemmon zesty kick that makes me cringe.

Feels... fizzy, thin and watery.

One word: Why?

1.98/5  rDev +1.5%

I have to stock this now, because my neighbor who raids my beer fridge likes it and I'd rather him not drink all my good stuff. If you're into fads, and think you look cool with the green bottle, this is the beer for you. I can put away about six of these at a party and wonder where the buzz is. Absolutely no color, no head, the lime is there in the nose mixed with corn, but where the heck is the salt? I added a lime to see what the results would be, ala Corona...please don't make that mistake. I'll stock it, I'll drink it once in a while, but I think I'd rather have Corona if I'm going to drink lime-flavored piss. At least I feel like I won't get scurvy if I'm drinking real lime.

2.25/5  rDev +15.4%

Beer was poured from a 12 ounce bottle at 43º. It displayed a clear, light color with very large bubbles and a nice head of foam which quickly dissipated. Bubbles were non existent after a few minutes also.

Citrus, lime was especially evident. No noticeable malt or hop aromas were detected.

Lime was present with the taste and seemed to ask for some salty potato chips, tostados, or tortilla chips.

No lingering affects as this is a beer to be consumed on a hot summer day after working up a sweat and a thirst. Do not waste your time by mulling over this effort too long.

Overall this beer is not a bad attempt by a major brewer. There are some interesting qualities but it should not be confused with a beer that is meant to inspire invigorating conversation. It is a beer to quench thirst.

1.9/5  rDev -2.6%

This beer tasted like a Miller Lite with some lime flavoring added, so, not very good. Appearance was to be expected, and it smelled almost completely of lime. Mouthfeel was just fizzy, and a little prickly from the limes.

For drinkability, I cannot see following this beer with another one.

To be fair, I've never liked to add a lime to Corona, so maybe some personal taste bias is coming in here. However, it is a mass-produced macro with very little personality no matter how you look at it. It unfortunately lacks anything to distinguish itself.

2.73/5  rDev +40%

Ok, ok...I finally tried this brew with some reluctance. I tried it when a couple of my friends suggested that we try it as our third or forth beer while out at Buffalo Wildwings. Ya gotta join in even if it means drinking shitty beer.... ya know?

A - Golden yellow clear lager appearance with a decent one finger head that recedes to a wispy haze and a thick collar. Not bad for the style.

S - Limes, tequila, salty sea breeze air, and a trace of citric hops.

T - I thought that I would hate this, but it's actually not bad. If you pretend that it's not beer, it's actually good! Lime juice and tangy citrus flavors dominate the palate with some tequiza-like flavors approximating the taste of cheap tequila.

M - Light bodied, highly carbonated, and very thirst quenching.

D - I could session this on a hot day by the pool, or after a long run. I wanted to hate this, but I actually sort of like it!

to view more.
Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.