Miller Chill - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Chill Alström Bros
4.09/5  rDev +93.8%

This beer is a great summer beer much better than bud light lime in my opinion.

The taste is your usual Miller taste with a lime kick, not to much lime to where it's overpowering, but enough to know you're drinking a lime beer.Great flavor overall with a slight lime after taste

Overall a good beer that's very drinkable, goes down nicely.I've had no problems pounding a few of these back on a hot summers day. (412 characters)

4.02/5  rDev +90.5%

I am amazed to read some of the reviews on various beers. My thought is that a beer should be reviewed for what it is. As for Miller Chill, I think this is a pretty good, very drinkable beer for what it is meant to be. It is meant to be a take on the chelada, and while a chelada isn't for everyone, just like a dopplebock isn't for everyone, Miller Chill isn't for everyone. But for me, I will definitely drink this again.

The beer pours a pale yellow color, but has a nice head that forms. When you smell, you can definitely smell the hint of lime, but still get some beer smell coming thru. The taste is very refreshing. Starts more lime with salt and finishes malty and with a beer finish. This is definitely a very drinkable beer.

I see drinking this beer on a very hot day to really quench your thirst. That is what I did, and the beer performed quite nicely. A great beer to take to the beach, a cookout, or to just "chill" on a nice summer afternoon.

As I said, review a beer for what it is meant to be, and as an "American take on a mexican classic", this definitely is that! (1,093 characters)

the first time i had this was in Vegas. i was living overseas and have never herd of it. i was surprise at the taste i have never had before. it has a lime taste like some Mexican beers. it is a good summer beer its very light. this is not my favorite beer but not my least favorite (282 characters)

3.96/5  rDev +87.7%

I am prefacing this with the fact that this is not a wonderful, complex beer. BUT, it is a good beer for the masses. I had one at a picnic this evening and succumbed to my curiosity. The color is typical macro lager, the smell is sweet and limey. The taste...well it kind of tastes like a lime Zima. It's very light and limey and very carbonated. I thought that it tasted almost nearly unlike beer BUT I don't really think lambics taste much like beer either. So it is what it is. It ain't purty and it ain't complex and it ain't smart, but it's the kind of cute girl at the bar that's fun to hang out with. (607 characters)

3.9/5  rDev +84.8%

This is really only a summertime beer!

Great for summer party's where there isn't really a biast vote on drinks!

Taste like Corona's brother,a lot of lime taste, way better than that dog crap Bud light lime, yuck!
Hopsy finish!

Very nice aroma!

Not the best lime n salt beer but will do for the cheap price. And by the way this low in cals and carbs! (355 characters)

3.77/5  rDev +78.7%

Tastes like beer, but has a fair salt & lime flavor, which gives it more of a margarita feel than a beer. no bitterness, just a slight sweet, with lime and salt, good and refreshing.

Its on sale in the late summer, early fall likely because the sales hasn't been done well, but that's good, since its cheap, i can buy a fair volume. (333 characters)

3.74/5  rDev +77.3%

12oz bottle poured into a pint glass. Neck stamped OCT3111.

Appearance - Clear ultra light bronze body. Some carbonation int he body and no retention in the head. Looks like soap suds.

Smell - Faint lime. No trace of the underlying corn usually found in the style, as it's covered up by the citrus.

Taste - Light lime up front. Somewhat bitter metallic finish.

Mouthfeel - Smooth body with a very slight crisp bite up front.

Overall Drinkability - Decent for the style. Might be a little better than Bud Light Lime. But they're both such bad beers in general it's not worth splitting hairs over. (601 characters)

3.7/5  rDev +75.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Everyone on this website is going to be mad at me for this review. However, this site tells people to review a beer for what it is. I think Miller Chill is exactly what it advertizes. It is a refreshing, crisp, and light beer. I'm not saying its great, but it is basically Miller trying to create a beer that will take sales away from St. Louis's #1 "Mexican" beer. Personally, I would drink one of these over a Corona any day. (427 characters)

3.65/5  rDev +73%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer was a real good beer. You can taste the lime in the beer. It is smooth, and it is not too strong of a taste. The lime taste I think is a really good taste with this beer. I have only had it in a bottle but I would like to try it on tap if I could find a bar with it on tap. (283 characters)

3.6/5  rDev +70.6%

I was quite hesistant when I tried this, because it is a Miller product and was warned that it wasn't great. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I drank out of the bottle because all the cups were used, so I couldn't get a good grasp on the appearance. Not a very noticable smell either, sort of lime, but not strong. The taste was very refreshing on a warm summer afternoon though. It quenched my thirst, but it didn't taste quite like beer. It sort of is a non-sweet, not-too-salty, limey but not quite, margarita flavored water. Went down smooth and I was actually impressed. (579 characters)

3.58/5  rDev +69.7%

Come on you beer snobs, this is a great beer. Sure not good in the technical term, but good in the laid back saturday night out with friends beer. I love the lime in this one, although the salt taste is evident and does get more of an aftertaste the more that you drink it. Sure it is not as classy or manly as some of the other beers in your convience store, but none can beat it's drinkablility so kudos to Miller for thinking outside the box (444 characters)

3.55/5  rDev +68.2%

Not a bad beer FOR WHAT IT IS TRYING TO BE. Yeah this sucks compared to an awesome RIS or a nice belgian. This is a beer designed to appeal to the masses without a bitter or nasty flavor. It tastes like salt and lime, almost like sprite. There is an ever so tiny beer flavor to it. I downed a couple of these at a bar as it was the best they had available. Not a beer for beer snobs, but it didn't bother me at all. (415 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +65.9%

This was just like any other bmc, but it had a nice lime flavor to cover up some of the deficiencies. If I have to drink a macro, it is either this or Fosters. I think this is a nice adition to the boring line-up at the bar. The best thing about this beer is the drinkability and none offfensive taste. (302 characters)

3.48/5  rDev +64.9%

Wanted to try this one before the summer ended, even tho' I had my reservations that this would be a Tequiza throwback. Pleasantly surprised however with the smell & taste. The appearance is underwhelming--straw yellow, watery, thin, foamy head that dissipates quickly. But the salty smell of lime and hops redeems it, and the taste follows with a nice kick. There is a slight sour aftertaste, but this is definitely a better-than-expected beer. Could easily drink a lot of these on a hot summer day or a cool summer night. (523 characters)

3.42/5  rDev +62.1%

Miller Chill has a thin, white head and a clear, pale straw appearance, with a surprising amount of lacing left down the glass. The aroma is of grain, bread, and lime juice, and the taste is of water, lime juice, and light beer. The mouthfeel is light and watery, and Miller Chill finishes crisp, clean, and surprisingly refreshing and drinkable. Except for the thin body aspect of it, this beer tastes pretty good to me. I recommend giving it a try.

NOTE: This beer was reformulated and repackaged in 2009. This website does NOT reflect that change.

RJT (558 characters)

3.42/5  rDev +62.1%

I bought a six pack of Miller Chill to go with some tacos on a camping trip. A lot of people won't like this beer, but for what it's supposed to be it's not bad. Poured in to a pilsner glass.

Pours a very pale yellow color and is crystal clear. Many bubbles are rising through the beer. A foamy white head forms and is fairly resilient, lacing the sides of the glass.

Smell is fruity and candy like. Smells like a lime Starburst candy.

Taste is sweet and fruity. Lime flavor dominates, with a mild bitter finish.

Mouthfeel is crisp and clean. Soda like. A little bubble gum texture maybe?

A drinkable beer, but not great. Paired with average American-Mexican food it's good. If you like Corona with lime but don;t like packing or cutting the limes, this one might be for you. (790 characters)

3.38/5  rDev +60.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Crystal clear, pale golden color. First beer I think I have ever seen that actually reminds me of urine-REALLY! Sizeable head. Low aroma-faint hint of lime but nothing really there. Moderate "snap" of flavor. Somewhat cirtusy tasting with a hint of saltiness. Ok body for style-not overly watery but not much more. This is ok for the most part. I cant trash it as it isnt all that bad IMHO. Does an ok job for what it is trying to be. I could throw a few down on a hot summers day though certainly not my first choice. (518 characters)

3.35/5  rDev +58.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.5

Cool 16oz aluminum bottle. On its own Miller lite has barely any flavor. The addition of salt enhances what maltiness this has, and the lime accentuates the taste further without dominating. Its a light beer with some actual flavor. Mouthfeel is flat but this is the only disappointment. (287 characters)

3.33/5  rDev +57.8%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into pint glass. Tasted this as part of a side by side comparison with Bud Light Lime just for fun.

A - Pale yellow, perfectly clear. Half inch of head settles quickly to a film that persists, somewhat.

S - A vague beer aroma with what I assume to be the lime flavoring, but it doesn't smell much like lime. Instead, the whole package comes together to produce this strange apple-like aroma.

T - Average thin corn-like flavor with the expected lime and a bit of saltiness. Almost a vegetal, cucumber like quality to this brew.

M - Highly carbonated and extremely prickly. While light bodied, this brew managed to keep itself out of the realm of watery.

D - To my surprise, this was actually a nice, crisp, thirst quenching brew. I'm not above having it again.

Quite superior to it's counterpart Bud Light Lime, especially in flavor and mouthfeel. (880 characters)

3.32/5  rDev +57.3%

My expectations were pretty low. I loved the cool green packaging, but the Miller name and the "lime flavoring" piece made me pessimistic about the taste. I had anticipated "Mike's Hard Lime" or something similarly repulsive. And the soda-like appearance, frothy head and bubbles made me wonder. There wasn't much in the nose except a hint of the lime, but the taste was actually something more than I expected. Reminded me of a Corona with a lime and salty corn chips. The taste was like summer in the backyard. And the definite (albeit light) beer background in the taste brought a unique balance to the whole thing--malty, fruity, sweet, salty, bubbly... and watery too. Still, I was intrigued. A bit put-off by the salty taste, but that really isn't very strong. And I could see how it could actually help make it more drinkable. In short, would be a fun "deck BBQ" beer in the summer... at least with food. (911 characters)

3.3/5  rDev +56.4%

A - Pours a transparent, golden apple juice color with a two-fingered, fluffy white head. Good lacing and a lot of carbonation.

S - Aside from the lime, and maybe some malt, I couldn't really smell anything else.

T - Limey and starchy/corny. Personally, I'm a fan of Miller as a cheap party beer, and I used to actually put limes in my Miller Lites. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon Miller Chill, with lime already built in. The lime flavor really is prominent, and for me that's a plus (I'm a fan of beers with citrusy/fruity flavoring, such as Blue Moon or Southampton Double White Ale), and that's the reason as to why I find this beer so tasty. There really aren't that many other flavors that poke through, but I don't mind.

M - Light, almost watery.

D - As I mentioned above, I really enjoy this beer as a party beer. I could spend a whole night drinking this stuff because of its lightness and fruitiness. Though overall, it doesn't get a very high mark from me, I love this beer because it quenches my thirst, is very very refreshing, and does its job at parties and on hot summer days. (1,107 characters)

3.29/5  rDev +55.9%

I will say right up front, that I think this product was mis-labeled. It has a very slight beer taste, but to me it seems more like a malt-ernative. Somehow, I still seem to like it. Who needs to jam a lime into an overrated Mexican beer, when you can now get the same refreshment from Milwaukee. Great beach brew, or maybe to compliment Taco night. (349 characters)

3.27/5  rDev +55%

Poured from the bottle into a frosted mug, beer is a standard light lager in appearance, light clear golden color with a frothy white head. Smell is of lime, not much else is discernable - smells like a light lager. Taste is also of lime, very sweet and more like a malt beverage than a beer. Decently refreshing. The mouthfeel is light and has a frothy carbonation. A decently drinkable beer, I could see this being good on a hot day. (435 characters)

3.27/5  rDev +55%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours to a crystal clear straw golden, forming a modest rocky white head which quickly dissipates and leaves minimal lace, despite a vigorous pour. Zippy carbonation, very much like a cola. Aroma is not bad, kinda fun, definitely a "malternative" kinda nose...lime, macro brew, corn, that's about it. Mouthfeel is very crisp and clean with a light body. Taste begins with a candyish lime flavor, followed by a sugary aftertaste, a hint of corn, no bitterness. I can't detect salt much. Pretty much that candy-like lime aftertaste.

This tastes like Coors Light mixed 40/60 with Zima. Refreshing in a soda kinda-way, easy to drink when ice-cold on a hot day, but I could only have two, and I'd have to cap it off with a pale ale. It doesn't satisfy like a "real" beer does, but it's a decent alternative. (806 characters)

3.25/5  rDev +54%

Appearance: Very light straw. One-finger, frothy head.
Smell: Lime, malt, some corn.
Taste: Slight maltiness. Tangy and fairly genuine lime. Slight, but tolerable, corn astringency. Reasonably dry finish. High carbonation.
Overall: Refreshing, light beer. Nothing more, nothing less. Pretty good for the style. (310 characters)

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.