Miller Chill - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Chill Alström Bros

This is a lot like Bud Light Lime, but worse. It tastes stale and metallic. Also, where Bud Light Lime is at least refreshing, this one is not.

Would not purchase or drink again. (179 characters)

Got a free sample of this at my local beer bistro.

Appearance: Fizzy pale yellow with practically no color, perfectly clear, with no head whatsoever. Pours like soda.

Smell: A muddled citrus aroma dominated by a soda-pop sweetness. No malt or hop character whatsoever.

Taste: My first impression is that this barely resembles beer. Sickly sweet with an ambiguous lime flavor that's mostly reminiscent of an old can of Sprite.

Mouthfeel: Thin, fizzy, overcarbonated and bloating. Resembles your average light macro beer.

Drinkability: Hopefully I'll never drink this again.

Notes: Beers like this piss me off because not only does it try to completely disguise any actual beer-like flavors, but the fruit flavor used to cover any would-be beer flavor is nasty and artificial. (780 characters)

First off I've always been a fan of Miller although I haven't had one of there products in years. Growing up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, driving down to Milwaukee to visit Miller was always fun so I went into this beer with an open mind. I'm also a big fan of Corona with a lime stuck in it so I thought let's give this a try.

Pours a very pale yellow color with a small head that leaves a faint lace behind.

Smells very light and too sweet. Fruity but over-the-top fake, sweet fruit smell.

Wow. Tastes like lime-ade with a kick. Albeit a very small kick, more like a nudge. You know, this doesn't even taste like beer. The lime taste isn't real. It's like a lime flavored Popsicle melted in a light beer and made it more watery and sweet.

Very light and carbonated on the tongue. Very watery.

Sorry, I just can't drink it. I want to, I want to give it a good try but I can't finish this bottle. This isn't beer. Just plain awful. (953 characters)

Is this shitty attempt at a corona.. Seems more like mexican piss water to me.

Now this shit is nastier than my Ex-Girlfriend!! FOR REAL NO DOUBT!!!

looks like infected piss... Plain and simple, I piss this shit. I WON't even play beer pong with this horrid disgrace of man-kind! Smells like a little bit of spoiled limes

One awful aspect of this beverage (I REFUSE TO CALL IT BEER) is that it gives you some nasty ass shits. ONCE again, nastier than my ex girlfriend. (471 characters)

probably the worst beer ive had in a long time bah leave bad mexican beer production to corona the taste is mostly bad light beer trying to be covered up with salt and lime not good stick with drinking smaller quantitys of well made beer. The tase isnt horrible but the aftertaste is what makes you want break the cardnal rule of always finishing your beer you really want to toss it in the trash. (397 characters)

I have family in Mexico but on the US side there are a few nostalgic paisanos. It seems Miller is trying to reach out to this demographic which is nice and all but they could do a much better job
this tastes (if you would venture to say that it has any) like a Miller Lite with lime flavor and
iodized salt. My friends, save your money! A few months ago I would never said this but if you're a Miller fan and want to "Mexicanize" your beer, get a High Life (a can will work better for this)
squeeze the juice out of a key lime and put some salt all around and !voila! - the flavor becomes strikingly similar to Tecate my fave cheap beer. (637 characters)

Any time that you have to add lime to beer, it must taste like piss!

A friend of mine brought this over to the house when I was throwing a party during an OSU football game. It was one of the worst tasting beers/sodas I have ever had!

This thing poured like tap water and only had carbonation bubbles.

The smell was just stupid, nothing resembling a beer.

The taste was so strong of lime and corn that I had trouble not spitting it out all over my living room floor.

My friend means well, but has no idea what a good beer tastes like. He is a Natural Light drinker. When he wasn't looking, I went outside and dumped the rest out of my glass that I couldn't bare to finnish. I quickly grabbed one of my Sierra Nevada Pale Ales and opened it before he could offer me another one. I can't believe that this drink actually made it through the marketing process. (862 characters)

12oz bottle poured into a mug. I'm home for spring break right now, and I saw a bottle of this in the fridge. This isn't something I'd ever seek out on my own, so I decided to give it a try for research purposes. I mean, it can't be that bad, right? Right?

A: Pale and fizzy. Indistinguishable from ginger ale.

S: Like Miller Lite mixed with Sprite. I'm actively dreading taking a sip at this point.

T: The nose does not lie. Like Miller Lite mixed with Sprite. In fact, the artificial lime flavor is what dominates. This is actually significantly worse than regular Miller Lite.

M: Like soda water.

D: Absolutely brutal. I wish I had more hands so I could give this beer four thumbs down. (694 characters)

For me this has to be one of the worst. I would much rather have a regular miller than to have it artifically flavored with lime.

appearance: light yellow, to basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: Little to none, clear refresher

mouthfeel: very high carbonation

drinkability: very easy. only good for long hot days. (375 characters)

Nein!!! Nein, nein, nein!!! Aroma is like a lime chuckles candy. Color is like an albino cadaver. Body is thiner than a wasteoid in africa. Do you think I like this beer? Ha. What's the point? a gimmick. That failed. Although I cant say I taste the salt as billed, that's a good thing. Might make a good embalming fluid, but I'd like to wait until after the big day. Still have a fake lime aftertaste in my mouth. Reminds me of lime scented cleaning solvent. (458 characters)

A box of lime threw up in a bottle.

That is how i feel about this creation.

Smells like lime alcohol and tastes like flavored water with a hit of lemon/lime.

Feels almost dirty and gritty in the mouth.

Couldn't finish donated the rest to the nats flying around the table. Even the miller girls couldn't inspire me to drink it. (330 characters)

While the head on this beer is not disastrous - in fact, it is substantial in size, and even somewhat resilient - there can be no mistaking this for an attractive lager. The body is a rendezvous of an ordinary Pilsner and club soda, a frail, embarrassed yellow. The bubbles are fat and clumsy. And the smell? Well, I hate to resort to vulgarity, but to be perfectly accurate, it smells like skunk fart and feta cheese. I desperately, DESPERATELY wish I could rate it less than 1. I mean for the love of Ninkasi, at least amp up the lime to cover up this putrid odor! Awful, nauseating, horrific.

The flavor is an artless pastiche of Corona with a wedge of lime - although it could also be described as lime with a wedge of beer. Lime dominates, but that's not to say it's a strong flavor. It just overshadows the tonic watery, boiled corn and cabbage flavors of the "beer" beneath with its brisk, vapid citric acid acidity. The abrasively effervescent mouthfeel, while appropriate, only adds to the unpleasantness.

This beer is disgusting and I cannot understand why anyone would want to brew it or drink it. I am angry about this beer. (1,138 characters)

Has a better flavor than regular Miller, but still nowhere near one of the best tastings beers that you can get.

The added lime does bring some much needed character to the flavor and it's very easy to drink. It's refreshing for the summer, but that's it. (256 characters)

Miller Chill
12 oz bottle
Recent brewing, chilled 06/07
Moderate pour in a shaker.

Poured a clear yellow with a moderate quickly diminishing white fizzy head.

Smelt of moderate lime and faint white bread.

Taste was upfront moderate sweet and sour lime followed by more of the same on a long horrible stale lime twist corn chips finish.

Palate was light bodied, fizzy, watery and lightly puckering.

Overall, I could give this higher points, but I just truly cannot enjoy this beer. The only beer aspect of it is its slight grain taste and beer-like appearance, but otherwise its more like a light malt beverage. I'd rather buy a lime for 25cents and throw it in a macro, as least I would get some fresh produce flavor in my mouth. (747 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -51.2%

This pours a light and pale yellow, overly carbonated with a slight bright white head. The smell is of fake lime juice and Miller Lite. How creative. Oh man, possibly the worst beer I've ever had. I don't know why they'd attempt this. It drinks light with a lot of carbonation and leaves too much of the fake lime flavor behind. This beer is offensively bad. It's hard to look at let alone drink. It reminds me of when this first came out during my sophomore year in college. The Miller Lite girls were at the liquor store and having a tasting. They gave my roommate a free case. We ended up having a party that night and we couldn't give the bottles away. No one wanted to touch it, for a reason. (697 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -51.2%

Appearance - Pale gold color, little to no head and no lace.

Smell - Cheap imitation lime juice.

Taste - imitation lime, corn, and water. This is just awful.

Mouthfeel - watery and thin. Not good.

Drinkability - Hopefully I won't touch this one again. Dreadful. (265 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -49.8%

Just absolutely the worst beer I've probably ever had. This is exactly why you can't say that light BMC beers are the worst, because they also make stuff like this.

I think this might be the only beer I've ever taken a swig of and spit out onto someone else, but that's what I did. She was not pleased.

If you took Miller lite and left it in a pothole in the road for a week mixing with some leaves and such, then salted it, this is what it would taste like. Avoid. Don't even try for the fun of it. (501 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -48.8%

A - A pale, bland yellow. The head is less than a pinky finger thick, thin with medium-sized bubbles. Head fades away almost immediately and the beer leaves no lacing.

S - A hint of corn, malt, and artificial lime flavoring. Even if the lime in this is real, it smells like a lime that's a day away from rotting.

T - Slightly malty, watered-down, with a hint of lime and a mild tang. Aside from that, there's not much to report. It's not tasteless, but the taste is really simple. Somehow, it manages to be bland and offensive at the same time.

M - Terrible aftertaste, like skunk beer and old dried-out limes. The aftertaste lingers in the throat and feels more like the aftermath of the burp one would produce after chugging a skunked economy beer (e.g. Keystone Light, Natural Ice).

D - It's good for a laugh, but the taste of this had me cringing before I was halfway through the bottle. If you're all about trying new things, pick up a single of this and don't nurse it. You'll want your time and money back before it's over.

To wrap it up, this is worth splitting a six pack of with five other friends, but only because of the shared laughter that will follow. Everyone can have one, get a good laugh, maybe pour half of it out and move on. (1,251 characters)

1.11/5  rDev -47.4%

Maybe its the green bottle, but this sucks similarly to Dos Equis Special Lager. Terrible yellow appearance, does nothing beer is supposed to do when poured, smells of sugar.

Tastes like sugar. That's really all I get in the mouthfeel, sugar and water. If that's what you're into, check it out. (295 characters)

1.11/5  rDev -47.4%

A - Light golden straw color. Decent sized foamy white head that disappears fast with little to no lacing.

S - Lots of lime smell and some sweet corn lager smell.

T - Not good. The Macro lager is the base, but there is also the artificial lime taste. This artificial lime unfortunately makes the lager worse not better. Weird artificial sweet, sticky flavor that I do not like. Also a bit of salt.

M - Light body with a lot of carbonation. Kind of sticky.

D - Not good, too much of the weird artificial lime taste.

Notes: Not a fan of the lime flavor. Too sweet and off tasting. Others may like it and think it slightly improves the Macro lager, but I think it makes it worse. (683 characters)

1.11/5  rDev -47.4%

12 oz bottle into bicentennial Mason jar.

A: Yellow and carbonated too much.

S: Fake lime and a wierd sugar kind of like sweet and sour smell.

T: It tastes like someone put lime milk on my cheerios dudes... ooo yucky mommy.

M: Very light bodied. metal feel and bunk as fuck.

D: I like lime with beer, i know many beer people find this blasphemous, but lime and salt with a beer on a hot summer day is very refreshing and its all about personal preference.
But this shit suck. I've had a lime with my high life and I like that, but this shit fucking blows, pass on this one. (578 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -46.9%

Drank this one one cloudy summer night.

The color of this one is a deathly pale sickly looking pale color and it smells of sprite and limes with a hint of saltiness like a beer margarita.

The taste of this is a very sugary lime flavor that has some weird carbonation slightly like a smirnoff ice.

The mouthfeel if this one is malty and I'm surprised it is not considered malt liquor.

The drinkability of this chill is low and I could only find myself to be able to handle one maybe two before I had to throw in the towel.

I am not really a fan of this beer it is too sweet for my liking. (593 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -46.9%

I was offered a bottle of this at a party, and thought 'I may never have a chance to try this again'. Pours a clear, bright straw color with a fluffy white head. Smells of salt and lime. The taste is simply revolting, salt overpowers the flavor, and it's not something I like in my beer. Couldn't finish this one, and I will never try another lime flavored beer, which is probably for the best. (394 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -46.4%

This has a classic macro look but the head is really fizzy and active, loses life pretty fast over it's pale yellow, clear body.

The aroma of metal-infused malt, overcooked rice with a sour, tangy lemmon-lime scent. Thin and sour overall.

The malt is extra thin, not sweet but sour and tangy with long, bitter lemmon zesty kick that makes me cringe.

Feels... fizzy, thin and watery.

One word: Why? (407 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -45.5%

A: Didn't see what it looked like because it was still in the bottle, but I would speculate that it's not good.

S: Old beer mixed with artificial lime.

T: Ugh. The lightest of light beers blended with sugar-free syrup.

M: Water thin, full of carbonation.

D: I only drank this because a friend offered it to me, and it will definitely be the last one. Had to be choked down.

Do yourself a favor - order a soda. This is absolutely disgusting. (447 characters)

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.