Miller Chill - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Chill Alström Bros
1.98/5  rDev -3.4%

A: I bought this beer just so I can rate it. I pour it and its a light gold with a thicker white head.

S: I am getting a little lime and wheat/ corn. After that there really isnt much there

T: Man the taste is just bad. It has a weird artificial lime flavor with a corn taste. Just very bad to me.

M: The beer burns going down. I almost dont want to drink this beer because of how much it burns.

O: Just a bad all around beer. I knew I wouldnt like it, but boy is this just a terrible beer.

2.35/5  rDev +14.6%

I was having a burrito with chips and guacamole for dinner, and thought Miller Chill might hit the spot.

I was a little skeptical because I hated Bud Light Lime, but I said "what the Heck", and gave the Chill a try.

Miller Chill comes in a clear bottle, it has that nice clear color typical of macro lagers. Formed a good head, and left some light lacing on the sides of my glass.

It has a faint lime smell. Most light beers have almost no smell.

It is a light beer with a lime taste to it.
Simple as that.
The good thing is the lime flavor is not overpowering.

Miller Chill is not a bad drink. In fact, it is very drinkable. It is just lackluster. PBR, Miller Lite and Corona do a better job washing down the Mexican food.

I would not buy this again.
Life is too short to waste time drinking lackluster beer.

3.42/5  rDev +66.8%

Miller Chill has a thin, white head and a clear, pale straw appearance, with a surprising amount of lacing left down the glass. The aroma is of grain, bread, and lime juice, and the taste is of water, lime juice, and light beer. The mouthfeel is light and watery, and Miller Chill finishes crisp, clean, and surprisingly refreshing and drinkable. Except for the thin body aspect of it, this beer tastes pretty good to me. I recommend giving it a try.

NOTE: This beer was reformulated and repackaged in 2009. This website does NOT reflect that change.

1.79/5  rDev -12.7%

355ml bottle poured into a 16oz pint glass.

A - Pours with a finger-and-a-half of fizzy, slightly off-white head. Transparent golden-yellow. The head does have good retention and leaves some patchy lacing on the glass, I'll give it that.

S - Artificial lime and sweet corn. Maybe some sort of kitchen cleaning products in there?

T - Gross combination of weak grains and artificial lime flavoring. The lime, despite tasting artificial and quite disgusting, is still actually pretty faint. There's really no redeeming quality here.

M - High carbonation and a light, watery body.

D - Take everything you thought you knew about macro-lagers, and add some gross, artificial fruit flavor. Yuck.

1.73/5  rDev -15.6%

A buddy left a few of these up at the cottage, so I gave it a shot. Poured into a pint glass from a clear bottle.

Not a lot of head, and what is there goes away as quickly as it came. Smells like lime, or artificial lime flavouring (though the bottle says natural).

Taste - somewhere in between light beer and Sprite, but not an improvement on either and with less taste than either - the lime and beer tastes somehow cancel each other out.

Extremely watery and easy to drink, seems to be more carbonated than most macro light beers even, it would be easy to go through a few of these but I think the artificial/sweet flavour would get to me pretty quickly.

Not the worst thing to drink on a hot summer day, but not for fans of beers with, you know, somewhat of a taste to them.

1.77/5  rDev -13.7%

Pours a light straw color with decent carbonation and bright white head that fades to nothing. Smell is of lime and grass. The taste just doesn't work, the lime tastes weird and the only good thing about it is that it's refreshing. Very light body and decent carbonation on the mouthfeel. This is slightly better than but light lime but still not something I will ever buy again.

3.74/5  rDev +82.4%

12oz bottle poured into a pint glass. Neck stamped OCT3111.

Appearance - Clear ultra light bronze body. Some carbonation int he body and no retention in the head. Looks like soap suds.

Smell - Faint lime. No trace of the underlying corn usually found in the style, as it's covered up by the citrus.

Taste - Light lime up front. Somewhat bitter metallic finish.

Mouthfeel - Smooth body with a very slight crisp bite up front.

Overall Drinkability - Decent for the style. Might be a little better than Bud Light Lime. But they're both such bad beers in general it's not worth splitting hairs over.

1.83/5  rDev -10.7%

Any remember Tequiza from Anheuser-Busch? Well, it appears that the big American brewers didn't learn their lesson from that failed experiment, and the whole "chelada" beer craze has picked itself up off the mat for round 2. Miller Chill is, by my understanding, supposed to be pretty much Miller Lite with lime and salt flavoring. As a beer, it is quite lacking.

Miller Chill pours a flat out yellow color. Kind of boring to look at. A sudsy head of a decent size forms and lasts for a little over a minute. The first few whiffs of the beer didn't pick up anything on my smell receptors. A beer with no aroma? Eventually, I picked up a vague fruity-lime aroma. The mouthfeel is, simply put, fizzy. I can't say for sure if there is really a lime flavor here. It is rather a generic fruit taste, much reminiscent of Trix cereal (I believe I said something similar about Tequiza many a year back). Some of the typical Miller corn-DMS adjunct flavors are present (so it seems in almost any Miller beer). An almost hard water/mineral type flavor shows up near the finish and continues on in the aftertaste, along with that fruitiness that just won't go away. Some lovely notes of wet paper show up as well. The beer finishes out with no alcoholic warmth.

There really isn't anything too "beer-y" about this beer. No real malt profile, no hop presence. It pretty much fails as a beer, and supposedly Miller has toyed with the recipe since its rival Bud Lime seems to be fairing better in sales (from various sources I've read). I guess this is easy to drink on a hot day, but there are definitely more exciting choices out there for hot-weather brews.

1.7/5  rDev -17.1%

355ml bottle poured into pint glass 26/7/11

A clear straw yellow with lots of bubbles feeding a two finger head that hangs around for a few minuets leaving random patches of lace

S lime soda but the limes a little sour

T a little grainy skunk with the sour fake lime

M quite watery and carbonated like a pop

O why do I bother? its a drain pour, even my lady thought it was total shit

I don't know why bother, you shouldn't

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%

sometimes you just have to wonder..."why???"
In these days of flavorful, chewy rich high hopped and malted microwbrews, such liquids as Miller Chill seem to have no purpose anymore. Looking as light as carbonated soda water, with a non-existent smell, and almost non-existent taste, you might as well place an order for lime-flavored alka selter soda water. Pabst Blue Ribbon has more definitive flavor. Bud light more hops. Seagrams' malt beveridge at least has flavor. The slightly metallic wheatiness of this highly carbonated liquid, was so distant from the ideal, I wonder it could even be called "beer". Even in the world of summer and light beers, I'd say this was low in its category, and I wouldn't even give it the purposeful quality of "thirst quenching quaffable". Bring on the genuine ginger ale! Or simply bring me a soda pop, please!!!

1.86/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This was not a pleasant experience. I think that Miller tried to hard and put in little effort to change the Miller style into a beer that is far below quality and what I believe they could be capable of. It looks like a light beer but taste worse. Almost like sun warmed water that was later chilled and then a warm lime added. I actually like the concept of this beer, but nothing after that. "Plain ol Jane" gold in color with a beige-ish 1 finger head. A boring mouth feel with a lingering after taste. Just all in all a poor quality product

What's to say beyond the fact that this beer is utterly bland across the board? It's unoffensive and about as light as they come, so you could probably pound them back all day and not feel it, but as a beer experience it's wanting. Suitable for consumption on the beach as you bake your brains out in the sun, I suppose.

Pours pale straw yellow under a very short-lived head. A hint of lime in the aroma and taste, alongside the merest hint of anything remotely beerish. To be enjoyed in context? Done this one, movin' on.

1.7/5  rDev -17.1%

I am amazed at so many words people have put into reviews to describe this. It's a terrible lite beer with a sticky, syrupy lime taste that is clearly more artificial then a coke. Not at one point when drinking it did any flavor hit me that would remind me of anything that'd register as "beer". Avoid forever if you have ever tasted self respect and enjoyed it.

1.56/5  rDev -23.9%

Pale yellow appearance with minimal head that quickly disappears. Smell is dominated by lime and corn, had a weird salt/nacho smell to it. I don't recommend smelling this.

Taste is mainly lime (tastes artificial) with some citrus and corn. Some grain and that strange salt taste, I've had Diet Sprite that was more flavorful. Watery, light body with lots of carbonation. Aftertaste has a lingering fake lime taste.

There is no redemption for this beer, salt and beer is something that's as bad as it sounds. Putting lime in Bud Light would be a hundred times better then this. Avoid.

1.65/5  rDev -19.5%

Almost no head, weak gold body. Aroma of fake lime and grass. Taste is sour lime pop with a cardboard beer finish, then a cloying rice sweetness. I would rather drink a Bud Light Lime than this, but that is really not saying too much. Would not recommend this to anybody.

2.09/5  rDev +2%

I like the idea of creating something the will refresh a person in the Summer time. However adding lime to a pale lager isn't always the answer. I guess that Miller did a lot of spying on Corona Extra and found out that the Lime might help them compete with the Corona drinker. I'm not partial to either one really so for me to say it was a good choice would be a bias. This beer tastes much like Sprite or 7-up.

1.12/5  rDev -45.4%

Drank this one one cloudy summer night.

The color of this one is a deathly pale sickly looking pale color and it smells of sprite and limes with a hint of saltiness like a beer margarita.

The taste of this is a very sugary lime flavor that has some weird carbonation slightly like a smirnoff ice.

The mouthfeel if this one is malty and I'm surprised it is not considered malt liquor.

The drinkability of this chill is low and I could only find myself to be able to handle one maybe two before I had to throw in the towel.

I am not really a fan of this beer it is too sweet for my liking.

1.03/5  rDev -49.8%

This pours a light and pale yellow, overly carbonated with a slight bright white head. The smell is of fake lime juice and Miller Lite. How creative. Oh man, possibly the worst beer I've ever had. I don't know why they'd attempt this. It drinks light with a lot of carbonation and leaves too much of the fake lime flavor behind. This beer is offensively bad. It's hard to look at let alone drink. It reminds me of when this first came out during my sophomore year in college. The Miller Lite girls were at the liquor store and having a tasting. They gave my roommate a free case. We ended up having a party that night and we couldn't give the bottles away. No one wanted to touch it, for a reason.

Pretty much idential to bud light lime.
Nothing special. Able to drink a few fo them but the taste becomes tiring and to me its more of a gimmick then a beer.
If you like lime in your beer then I guess this is a beer for you, if not just give it a try to say you at least tried it.

1.67/5  rDev -18.5%

A: The beer pours a perfectly translucent pale yellow color with a thin layer of white head and a lot of carbonation bubbles.

S: Smells awesome. Rotten corn, burning plastic, fake lime juice. A little bit of a diaper aroma in there too. Has a bit of a stale corn/tortilla chip thing going on.

T: This is like a mixture of crappy limeade and light lager (which it pretty much is). Sweet fake lime flavor and a lot of sugar. The corn is quite present, but does not add anything positive to this beer.

M: The body is extremely light with a very high level of carbonation.

D: This is just awful. Normally I can stand a bad light lager, but the addition of lime flavoring to this just made it even worse.

2.1/5  rDev +2.4%

Appearance - Typical of a macro beer, similar to a Miller Light. High carbonation, almost no head and watery. It didn't retain its head and there was no lacing when the beer was finished.

Smell - The lime is what stands out the most but there was an unpleasant odor that I couldn't put my finger on, almost like vomit. Under all of that is the usual corny and salty malt smell of a Miller Light. Faint frosty hops overpowered by the synthetic lime scent.

Taste - Similar to the smell but its not as unpleasant. I'd compare it to a watered-down Corona. The metallic and corn aftertaste takes away any charm this beer would otherwise have but its not undrinkable.

Mouthfeel - Terrible! The beer is watery and leaves a metallic and salty after-taste. Its bitter but not the good kind of bitter from a lot of hops but bitter like club soda.

Drinkability - Easy to drink and fresh but why bother? The poor taste/smell/mouthfeel keeps that from amounting to anything.

2.03/5  rDev -1%

12 oz bottle split and poured into a Sprecher snifter. May 31 10 on the bottle, I think that's a born-on date...

Thanks to TheDTrain for sharing this one?

A - Crystal clear pale straw yellow with a low white head. No retention, little lace.

S - A hint of lime floats through the adjunct-rich aroma of corn and pale malt. Slightly refreshing, definitely a summer aroma.

T - Pale malt, straw, and husky corn with a splash of lime. How do people drink this crap all the time?

M - Crisp, clean, refreshing (as it's so close to lime-water) and sharply carbonated.

D - On a summer day I wouldn't have a big problem grabbing one of these at a tailgate or something, but it's a pretty lame beer otherwise.

1.77/5  rDev -13.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A- Thin, clear pale yellow with foamy head. Descent retention and lace.

S- Citrus. Lime, but artificial. Like cleaner. Strong lime overpowers all other smells.

T- artificial lime, maybe some lemon too. Tart and sweet. Hints of corn. Watery.

M- Thin, watery

D- Fizzy water with lime. Pretty gross.

2.3/5  rDev +12.2%

Haha very funny..who poured lime pledge into my beer???

For some New Years Eve afternoon entertainment, BeerFM's Andy & I decided to open this bottle that had been in the back of my fridge since July. May 31 on the bottle. Pours a flat light green which fizzled out quickly. Aroma & taste very synthetic a la lime pledge or pinesol. Not terrible on a hot summer day but certainly not something the D train would pull out of the station to get on my own.

2.06/5  rDev +0.5%

Ran out of booze at my neighbours and decided to give this thing a whirl. Though I'm not a huge fan of the lime beers, I'll still take one down every now and then if there's nothing else.

A - Pours crystal clear golden colour, thumb of fluffy head with surprising retention and some fine lacing. Actually surprised with the presentation.

S - Sweet corn and powerful lime. Reminiscent of Pine Sol or some other household cleaner. Very synthetic.

T - Much like the scent, the synthetic lime is quite strong. So strong that it kind of drowns out the beer altogether.

M - A tad watery with the carbonation lacking a bit.

D - Overall, I prefer this one to Big Rock's attempt at a lime beer, but the synthetic lime is a little too much for my liking. If you want lime in your beer, I suggest you get yourself a real lime and go from there.

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.