Miller Chill - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Chill Alström Bros
Ratings: 749 | Reviews: 341
1.77/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A- Thin, clear pale yellow with foamy head. Descent retention and lace.

S- Citrus. Lime, but artificial. Like cleaner. Strong lime overpowers all other smells.

T- artificial lime, maybe some lemon too. Tart and sweet. Hints of corn. Watery.

M- Thin, watery

D- Fizzy water with lime. Pretty gross.

2.3/5  rDev +18.6%

Haha very funny..who poured lime pledge into my beer???

For some New Years Eve afternoon entertainment, BeerFM's Andy & I decided to open this bottle that had been in the back of my fridge since July. May 31 on the bottle. Pours a flat light green which fizzled out quickly. Aroma & taste very synthetic a la lime pledge or pinesol. Not terrible on a hot summer day but certainly not something the D train would pull out of the station to get on my own.

2.06/5  rDev +6.2%

Ran out of booze at my neighbours and decided to give this thing a whirl. Though I'm not a huge fan of the lime beers, I'll still take one down every now and then if there's nothing else.

A - Pours crystal clear golden colour, thumb of fluffy head with surprising retention and some fine lacing. Actually surprised with the presentation.

S - Sweet corn and powerful lime. Reminiscent of Pine Sol or some other household cleaner. Very synthetic.

T - Much like the scent, the synthetic lime is quite strong. So strong that it kind of drowns out the beer altogether.

M - A tad watery with the carbonation lacking a bit.

D - Overall, I prefer this one to Big Rock's attempt at a lime beer, but the synthetic lime is a little too much for my liking. If you want lime in your beer, I suggest you get yourself a real lime and go from there.

1.3/5  rDev -33%

Another gem passed onto me while drinking with friends. Thanks guys! You bastards!

Appearance: Fizzy yellow body with short lived fizzy white head.

Smell: It smells like a cheaply made adjunct beer with chemical extract lime.

Taste: The beer is as expected grain adjunct and salty astringent extract lime. This is truly foul stuff.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability: The body of the beer is watery and overly carbonated. Truly terrible I was nearly sick watching others at the beer drink this crap up. Yuck!~

1.43/5  rDev -26.3%

Pours a light clear straw color with a quickly dissipating head and no lacing. Smells like creamed corn with lemon juice. Tastes like sweet corn with a twist of that fake lemon juice from the packets at cheap ass restaurants. Mouthfeel is very thin and bubbly. Half decent drinkability.

3.2/5  rDev +64.9%

Look - pale, clear, slightly golden color. Good two fingers of head that dissipates somewhat slowly. Good carbonation.

Smell - Typical light beer's wheaty smell, but with the extra lemony zest that's added.

Taste - Fairly crisp taste for a light lager. Definite lemon/citrus flavor. Beside that though, not a whole lot of other tastes, and little to no aftertaste.

Mouthfeel - fairly watery in texture.

Drinkability - the fresher taste that the lemon taste adds makes this light beer more tolerable, but still not at all complex enough to make it very interesting.

1.93/5  rDev -0.5%

A: Pale yellow with great clarity. A white fizzy head comes and goes quickly. Leaves no lace.

S: Not much going on here. A bit of corn, some artificial lime, and that's it.

T: An artificial lime sucker flavor dominates. Behind is a bit of corn and not much else. Finishes with lingering artificial fruit flavors that stay on the palate far too long.

M: The light body is thin and dry. Carbonation is about right.

D: Blech. The flavor is just too sickly sweet and artificial to be enjoyable.

2.12/5  rDev +9.3%

Appearance- very light, but a nice head with suprisingly good lacing

Smell- sugary lime juice.

Taste- sugary lime juice. Even some salt.

Mouthfeel- i guess the sugar thickens it up a bit.

Overall- have i said that it tastes like sugary lime juice? For me drinkable (i love lime), but no real beer flavors, I could drink a 12 pack of these no problem. But post-college, I dont really see a situation where I would want too.

1.11/5  rDev -42.8%

Maybe its the green bottle, but this sucks similarly to Dos Equis Special Lager. Terrible yellow appearance, does nothing beer is supposed to do when poured, smells of sugar.

Tastes like sugar. That's really all I get in the mouthfeel, sugar and water. If that's what you're into, check it out.

2.16/5  rDev +11.3%

Pale straw in colour with loads of visible carbonation. Fluffy white head quickly fizzles away, leaving a thin cap of bubbles behind. Some lacing. Smells like lime flavoured carbonated water. Tastes like lime flavoured carbonated water. It's even less beery than the Bud Light Lime, if you can believe it, and the lime isn't quite as intense either. Thin and spritzy, though not as aggressively bubbly as BL Lime. Would you be surprised if I told you it drank like lime flavoured carbonated water? The lime flavoured carbonated water is so much cheaper though.

2.26/5  rDev +16.5%

Why am I even reviewing this? I don't know. A friend offered me this after basketball, it was cold and I thought I'd take a chance since a lime beer sounded refreshing. It was a pale yellow, some head that dissipated quickly with a tiny bit of lacing. Smells mildly of lime, and I don't get much else. Taste is almost like carbonated water with a little bit of lime. Not much lime though, which disappointed me. I would have been happier with carbonated water with some lime juice. This wasn't as bad as it was nothingness.

1.34/5  rDev -30.9%

A- Very clear. Poor head, but this is not altogether different looking than the average of the style.
S- Smell is of lime, and a bit of like baking soda or some chemically type thing along those lines.
T- Lime. There is no malt or hops to speak of. Fully lime.
M- Intense carbonation and thin body make it something of a carbonated water. Refreshing, though hardly substantive.
D- I'll let this and bud light lime fight it out.

1.41/5  rDev -27.3%

Bottle: Poured a super light yellow color lager with a small pure white bubbly head with minimal retention. Aroma of light lime notes with corn and other adjunct. Taste is also dominated by lime juice with light corn malt body. Not as bad as I had expected just quite bland with limited lime taste.

2.1/5  rDev +8.2%

Had at a barbeque. Best drunk straight out of the can, as most swill.
Pours a piss yellow colour, with alot of fizz but little head. Smelled mainly of lime, with a bit of raw adjunct corn. Tasted like a bad wobbly pop. I think this was meant as a vodka cooler, but they added something resembling beer by accident. Very fizzy mouthfeel, and very gassy. Will definitely make you bloat. Drinkable? Well, it's bad, but it's not terrible. It's a decent party drink to serve. Women seemed to especially love it. As for myself, I'd never order it. But, if given to me, I'd take it. It's not horrible, just dull.

2.64/5  rDev +36.1%

Appearance: Extremely flat pale yellow Zero carbonation and very little head retention.

Smell: Some lime and sweat (that I think simulates salt). I get some corn also. Miller Chill definitely does not smell bad, but that's the best characteristic it has overall.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Some lime and sweat (that I think simulates salt). Kind of a stale taste with harsh mouthfeel and carbonation.

Drinkability: A pretty harmless beer to drink during the summer.

Overall: Not nearly as good as Bud Light Lime...or chopping up your own lime...

2.42/5  rDev +24.7%

Random bottle grabbed from my inlaws beer fridge. Didnt bother pouring.

A: Looks very clear, actual respectable head in the bottle though.

S: Smells of almost nothing except for the lime of course, which is actually an improvement on regular miller light.

T: An improvment on regular miller light. Basicly tastes like seltzer water with lime. Certainly nothing too offensive, but where is the flavour? This isnt beer.

M: carbonation is harsh and artificial, but thankfully it isnt way overcarbonated.

D: I could drink over 9000 of these if there were no other options.

Not sure why I bother reviewing these horrable macros... Guess thats what happens when your bored at your in-laws!

1.36/5  rDev -29.9%

Served in my Odell's Cutthroat Porter glass. I thought I heard screaming as it poured. Poor ol thing.

A- Clear. Clear. Clear. Clear. It's clear. Barley any color. Clear. Almost acceptable head with large bubbles and a fizzy composition, but it quickly fades to a 1/8 inch wisp. Suprise, some lacing appears after sitting for a few with this. But it's still really clear. Too clear.

Clear.

S- Blech, awful corn husks and adjunct aromas. Nasty sourness right up the middle, edged by hints of cheap lime flavoring.

T- Miller Light, than hit of fake lime flavor. I heard this has salt in it, which I think I can detect slightly, just a touch of saltiness in the finish. Not as "limey" as Bud Light, too adjunct for my tastes...just a pretty bad beer.

M- Light and spritzy.

D- Tastes gross, utter drainpour. I'm not sure I ever drink another one of these. I'd take sobriety over this.

Btw, nice work on the clear bottles. Maybe the inevitable skunking in two months will help the flavor.

For getting smashed ONLY.

1.9/5  rDev -2.1%

355ml bottle. I saw these being sold as singles at a local liquor store, and figured it better to try it this way, as opposed to paying bar prices to tick it at some future ill-conceived outing.

This beer pours a clear, very pale golden yellow colour (got a nice view of the front yard through it, at least), with two fingers of puffy, thinly foamy, and sudsy off-white head, which exhibits textbook zero retention, yet renders a bit of splotchy lace around the glass in its rash wake.

It smells like lime-flavoured Fruit Loops, mineral water, and some mostly obscured skanky veggies. The taste is caustic lime, a thin grainy corn sweetness, more hard water stoniness, and, well, that's pretty much it.

The bubbles are pretty tacky and overwrought in their frothy edginess, the body a veritable lightweight, very thin, watery, and yet somehow clingy and clammy. It finishes a bit sweet, the factory lime and skunky corn cereal essence fading out.

Interesting to see a BMC product on Canadian shelves these days that's actually made in its Yankee homeland, and not contract brewed on this side of the border. In this case, however, Miller Chill's plainly pandering and generally offensive nature has me tempted to decry American hegemony.

Pours a light yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

1.11/5  rDev -42.8%

A - Light golden straw color. Decent sized foamy white head that disappears fast with little to no lacing.

S - Lots of lime smell and some sweet corn lager smell.

T - Not good. The Macro lager is the base, but there is also the artificial lime taste. This artificial lime unfortunately makes the lager worse not better. Weird artificial sweet, sticky flavor that I do not like. Also a bit of salt.

M - Light body with a lot of carbonation. Kind of sticky.

D - Not good, too much of the weird artificial lime taste.

Notes: Not a fan of the lime flavor. Too sweet and off tasting. Others may like it and think it slightly improves the Macro lager, but I think it makes it worse.

2.53/5  rDev +30.4%

Good idea, but not the best beer. I prefer Corona with lime much more. Light color and almost no head smells a little funky at first because of the artificial lime flavor, but it tastes better than it smells. a semi-good summer beer. Cool design on the back of the label though.

Cheers!

nice graphics on the bottle. I still love the conan skit with max the drummer doing a miller chill commercial in japan. classic. the beer has a fine appearance, decent body, and good carbonation. the taste, however, is far from my liking. If i wanted a hint of lime in a beer I would order a corona at mexican restaurant. how could this possible have a large market?

2.21/5  rDev +13.9%

Miller Chill has a yellow body with a decent amount of carbonation bubbles and a few fingers of white head that disappears very quickly.

Margarita? Yep, this smells like an empty margarita glass. I say empty because the smell is pretty weak. Even "watered down" wouldn't work, because no one would ever make a margarita as watered down as Miller Chill smells. With that said, it isn't good, but it's not terrible either.

Although technically considered beer, I would totally buy that Miller Chill is some kind of alcoholic soda or something. Very limey in an artificial way; to be more precise, in a half artificial, half natural way. A pinch of salt in the middle. A little bit of macro lager pops up in the finish, but even that trace of beer is watered down. Although this isn't beer, I would guess it tastes exactly like what Miller was aiming for: something like those alcohol energy drinks without the energy.

The mouthfeel is my least favorite part about Miller Chill. The carbonation is what I would call "explosive." It's like drinking a highly carbonated soda.

Sometimes when I'm reviewing a macro, I wonder if I would rate it better if it had a micro label on it. In Miller Chill's case, I don't really have that reservation. WIth that said, I could see this as a decent drink on a hot day if it were ICE cold. In fact, never drink this thing anytime of year unless it is frigid.

2.49/5  rDev +28.4%

The american version of "Sol Limon y Sal" but made with light beer.

A: Bright yellow color, urinary type, without head;

S: Industrial malt and grains, certain scents of lime, not very nice but doesn't become offensive;

T: Mixture of grain, mineral water and flavoring of lemon, is good and no medicinal like "Sol Limon y Sal"

M: Too soft without being watery, sour, high carbonation and lightweight body;

D: I took while walking in the sun and i got very thirsty when i finished it.

1.7/5  rDev -12.4%

This is my dads beer as of the moment. I keep trying to get him into craft beer and unfortunatly it isn't working too well.

Appearance- Straw Pale yellow with no head

Smell- Just lime and typical miller mixed together.

Taste- It tastes like watered down corona to me. I don't really know what to say. I tried to put in a wedge of real lime to see if I could mask out the horrendous taste of fake lime.

Mouthfeel- Feels like lime flavored soda water

Overall- Meh. I would only drink this again if it was free or if I was parched on a summer day.

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.