Miller Chill - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Chill Alström Bros
1.52/5  rDev -22.1%

Believe it or not, I had this for the first time last night during Game 3 of the Celtics/Lakers Finals and man did this stuff fall lower than my lowest expectations.

The appearance is nothing short of lousy. It's a bland yellow at best with barely any, if not existent head. The smell was quite a bit overpowering with lime and salt. It drank more like a flattened Sprite than a regular beer at times. Chill definitely has too much lime in it, which leads to the taste...

The taste is overpowering, but not in a great way. Cutting through the lime flavor to get to the lager taste is simply not worth the trouble. It's just a glorified Miller Lite with too much salt and lime in it...and it's expensive too!

I wasn't impressed with the mouthfeeling at all, definitely a drink-n-chug type of beer with no thought given to the taste at all. This stuff just doesn't fly.

Drinkability is nonexistant. I guess it works after a night of heavy drinking, but as a warm-up beer even, this beer just doesn't cut it.

1.18/5  rDev -39.5%

As with many who reviewed this beer, it was a free one handed out from girls paid by Miller to push the product with whatever bad information gets people to drink it and like it.

Smells like the sweetness of a lemon-lime soda.
Taste is similar with similar carbonations.

Gets really freaking sweet and wears on you.

What a bad bad beer. I really wouldn't consider the taste of this to be beer. They took some ingredients that should go into beer and created soda flavored alcohol drink.

AVOID. ...unless free, then try for your own purposes...

1.66/5  rDev -14.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Poured a light straw hue with a half finger foamy white head. There was decent retention and lacing.

The smell featured a 7-Up type aroma.

The taste was light, with a dull lime flavor. No salt detected.

The mouthfeel was toward the lighter side for the style with a milky sweetness.

Overall a poor beer.

1.2/5  rDev -38.5%

I got a sample of this at a local beer and pizza place. I foolishly tried it.

A. Light, watery, with a thin head that vanished pretty quickly.

S. Alcohol and maybe some malt? Nothing about it was pleasant and definitely wasn't memorable. It does smell like a light beer (I'm reaching for something to say positive about this).

T. The girl who gave us the sample had it in a bucket of ice and said it had to be served ICE cold or the salt would get over powering. Well apparently ice cold isn't cold enough to keep that awful salt flavor out. From there it honestly tasted like sprite with salt and a hint of alcohol. It tastes nothing like beer and I would have to be paid to drink it again.

M. It was light and easy to drink with some bubbles. I could say the taste made putting it in one's mouth awful but I'll be nice and give it a 3 here.

D. If you can't stand the taste then you won't drink more than a few tastes. This stuff was awful and the 4 oz serving i had was hard to finish.

This is simply terrible "beer" and the idea that people are buying it baffles me. It really is offensive tasting. Not flavorless and boring like one might say about miller lite, but it is simply offensive to the mouth.

1.15/5  rDev -41%

A: Didn't see what it looked like because it was still in the bottle, but I would speculate that it's not good.

S: Old beer mixed with artificial lime.

T: Ugh. The lightest of light beers blended with sugar-free syrup.

M: Water thin, full of carbonation.

D: I only drank this because a friend offered it to me, and it will definitely be the last one. Had to be choked down.

Do yourself a favor - order a soda. This is absolutely disgusting.

1.43/5  rDev -26.7%

I was feeling a little sado-masochistic when I put this bottle in with the mix-six I picked up at the local Hy-Vee. I've been looking for a good light summer beer and have been sampling styles and brands i wouldn't normally try. Something about the florescent green bottle said to stay away, but I had to see for myself if what everyone on BA says is true.

12 oz bottle poured into a very plain, unadorned shaker pint. I was still a little afraid to use one of my good glasses just in case it left a permanent taint. A thin and loose head quickly dissipates and leaves a soapy looking film on the surface. No lacing at all. Color is a crystal clear straw yellow. It is so clear I can read the computer screen through the glass. A few random bubbles float to the top.

Smell is corn grain and corn syrup. I do not smell any of the lime that is supposed to make this special. The lime does come through in the taste, but it is a syrupy sweet flavor, like the unmixed Sprite syrup from a soda fountain. It is also grainy and astringent.

Mouthfeel is sort of like a flat lemon/lime soda. A little bit of carbonation can be felt, but it is mostly a thin syrupy feel. I forced myself to finish this, but I am going to do what I can to never have this again.

the first time i had this was in Vegas. i was living overseas and have never herd of it. i was surprise at the taste i have never had before. it has a lime taste like some Mexican beers. it is a good summer beer its very light. this is not my favorite beer but not my least favorite

1.23/5  rDev -36.9%

You know, I thought that adding a little lime and salt might make Miller a bit more bearable. Well, I guess I was wrong. This stuff pours the traditional clear yellow color with a fizzy white head that quickly dissipates. The nose is grainy with a hint of tartness from the lime. The flavor is similar. Very light and mostly bad artificial lime. Even the saltyness taste fake. A watery overcarbonated body lowers the drinkability even more. Not highly recommended.

1.61/5  rDev -17.4%

Well I'm not one to post up reviews just to bash the macros... but good lord is this some undrinkable swill.

Pours a reasonable golden hue with just a touch of head that dissipates quickly. Pretty much on-par. 3 might be high, but it didn't LOOK like it as going to be bad.

Smell... well... there's some hint of lame, and some weird, cotton-y, mess of malt... it's not actually awful, but it kinda smells like a weird blend of soda.

The taste... well, I can say fer sure that it's not assaulting in its badness. It tastes rather thin, and watery, almost like an artificial lime flavored seltzer. As it warms just a tad, though, a skunky, off-honey sweetness that is vaguely malty comes through. A bit of the salt comes through, which contributes to an oddly pasty mouthfeel that isn't that bad at first, but grows steadily troubling.

Just over half-way through this beer I was feeling like dumping it, but remained strong in my resolve to finish it. Until my drinking buddy picked it up off the table and brought ours both to the sink to dump them out.

I am honestly perplexed how this beer is selling so well. I would take a Zima, even a freaking Tequiza, over this.

2.45/5  rDev +25.6%

I didn't think this beer was a total fail but I wouldn't buy it. I drank it when I was looking for a very light beer and the only other option was Amstel. I'm not opposed to the idea of a beer + lime but this isn't a very good execution of it. "Chill" just wasn't very good. Judging by the label I suspect it's not targeted toward BA users. It tasted like Corona Light with lime.

Try this beer if you're at a wedding with an open bar and you've eaten too much food to simultaneously digest the regional stout. Otherwise pass.

I have family in Mexico but on the US side there are a few nostalgic paisanos. It seems Miller is trying to reach out to this demographic which is nice and all but they could do a much better job
this tastes (if you would venture to say that it has any) like a Miller Lite with lime flavor and
iodized salt. My friends, save your money! A few months ago I would never said this but if you're a Miller fan and want to "Mexicanize" your beer, get a High Life (a can will work better for this)
squeeze the juice out of a key lime and put some salt all around and !voila! - the flavor becomes strikingly similar to Tecate my fave cheap beer.

2.15/5  rDev +10.3%

Golden in color pours with a thick head that lasts for a few seconds. Smells like lime and beer which is what is advertised. The taste is not bad but is watery with a highly carbonated bite at the end. I had one of these first on a hot day in August and had about 3 before the feeling subsided. I tried to give it another shot and still feel the same.

1.73/5  rDev -11.3%

Appearance: Pale golden color, little head retention- you know the drill. It looks like every other light beer on the market.

Aroma: Heavy on the lime. If there were a Lime flavor of Hi-C, this is what it would smell like. It's not unpleasant, but it's not the kind of nose you expect from a beer.

Taste: Light and crisp up front. The dry flavor of the grain is washed away almost instantly by a thick wash of sticky lime flavor. The light bite of the carbonation and a very slight touch of hop bitterness in the finish are the only counterpoints to the lime flavor, and they don't put up much of a fight.

Verdict: A gimmicky product. Miller Chill isn't the greatest sin ever committed by a major brewing company, but it definitely doesn't help the cause of beer advocacy. It has more in common with Smirnoff Ice than it does with good beer.

2.03/5  rDev +4.1%

I expected very little from this product so I was not surprized with what I recieved.
The colour is a bright gold, the body seemingly thin in appearance, one finger crown disapating to the look of applejuice.
Carbonation moderate.
Aroma of yeast, no evidence of citrus to the nose, but slight of skunk.
Mouthfeel is of a lightly carboned water.
There is a slight suggestion of lime and salt in the taste but foremost of ginger.
Happy to say I only bought the one.

1.92/5  rDev -1.5%

Come on Miller, if I wanted lime water I'd shake up a Seven Up and dilute it with water! This seems to be Miller knock off of Tequiza. A pathetic light golden brew with a weak white head. Smells like a watered down virgin margarita. Tastes the same. If you have a Mexican themed party go for it but then again, I would be drinking margaritas.

1.16/5  rDev -40.5%

Poured a very clear light yellow color with a short and thin white head that had some lacing down the glass. It smelled like some hints of light malt and minimal amount of hops underneath a very big fake citrius and salty aroma. The taste was awful. I couldn't finish it. It was salty and skunky tasting, only beer so far I couldn't finish. It had a sour and bitter and skunky mouthfeel which made it so undrinkable I couldn't finish it. Don't get this, I didn't, it was given to me.

1.66/5  rDev -14.9%

Poured from a 12oz. green bottle into a pint.

A: Fizzy and pale with a brief white head. The head is gone before you get comfortable in your seat.

S: They're going for a lemon-lime flavored beer. The lemon-lime doesn't smell natural and there is only the faintest hint of malts, with no hops whatsoever in the nose. It does not leave you wanting. I like some fruity beers, but this is neither fruity nor beer smelling. I was thoroughly convinced this was going to be a bad idea after the nose on this one.

T/M: Everything from the nose arrives as advertised on the palate. It is a fairly crisp beer with high carbonation, so it has that going for it.

D: I would recommend leaving this one alone. But, on the outside chance you were a Zima fan, than this is your beer.

1.74/5  rDev -10.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Nice pour looked great in glass, actually was sharing a couple with my 63 year old mother. She loved it and has not been a big drinker her whole life intil recently she can bond with my 22 year old sister but thats another story. Poured it into a glass and it didn't look to bad. It was all down hill fom there. I was very disapointed and couldn't finish my whole bottle. VERY surprising afeter all the hypr. Taste was just not good.

1.11/5  rDev -43.1%

12 oz bottle into bicentennial Mason jar.

A: Yellow and carbonated too much.

S: Fake lime and a wierd sugar kind of like sweet and sour smell.

T: It tastes like someone put lime milk on my cheerios dudes... ooo yucky mommy.

M: Very light bodied. metal feel and bunk as fuck.

D: I like lime with beer, i know many beer people find this blasphemous, but lime and salt with a beer on a hot summer day is very refreshing and its all about personal preference.
But this shit suck. I've had a lime with my high life and I like that, but this shit fucking blows, pass on this one.

1.85/5  rDev -5.1%

Pale straw color with minimal foam ring and spots.

Smells kinda like vomit. As it warms it smells like someone squeezed a lime wedge over the vomit.

Tingly carbonation and light-medium mouthfeel offers up that sparkling grape juice quality.

Sweet light malt almost completely covered by the lime flavor and some grapiness. Weird watery Zima-like taste on the finish. Tastes like a really light beer with some lime juice and sweetener added.

1.85/5  rDev -5.1%

I was given a bottle of this and told it was just like Corona. Ouch, what an insult to Corona!

The appearance and smell was that of generally most American macro lagers--pale yellow and sour smelling. There was supposed to be a hint of lime but I couldn't tell in the smell.

The taste was more of the same: sour sour sour. I could hard swallow it.

It was sour and bitter and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you want a Mexican-style beer, get a Mexican beer!

1.91/5  rDev -2.1%

Quite a few of my friends absolutly love this beer so i had to try it. One of my friends bought it for me while out. We were at a club so I drank it straight from the bottle. I was taken aback by the immediate taste of it. These same friends worship Corona (also not a fan) but I failed to see the similarities. Heavy lime where there was flavor. Also malt. I drank about half and couldn't stomach the rest. Too sweet for my taste.

1.95/5  rDev 0%

Pale, crystal clear, lackluster head.

Smells like a nail salon, you know, that 'chemical' kind of smell. That and some lime. Getting in closer allows the fruit flavors to take over and is fairly pleasant.

This is an interesting mixture of 1) fresh, fruity, & sweet lime & other fruit-like flavorings and 2) bitter, adjunct-derived malt & essence of hop. Focusing on the later makes me slightly sick, as so many yellow fizzies do. Taking this beverage as a whole, as more of a wine-cooler made from beer, it is not all bad. The flavorings could be a bit stronger, to mask more of the ill-tasting malt, but they are not bad.

I do think it tastes better in the bottle, so don't pour it up unless you want to see it (and there's not much to see). I really expected more of a Tequiza-style absolute nastiness, but this is impressively palatable. Go figure.

2.55/5  rDev +30.8%

Weird beer.

The salt and lime taste fake... probably because they are.

The salt sticks out too much and burys the lime.
It's drinkable and easy to put back, doesn't leave a bad aftertaste.

Not that I'm a fan of Carona and lime, but I'd rather have that any day over this.

1.75/5  rDev -10.3%

This has got to be a nightmare...someone handed me one of these the other day...I thought "well lime..ok..salt?"
appearance-weak yellow
smell-skunky, limey
taste-watery with a salty, limey aftertaste
mouthfeel-not much
drinkablilty-not very...
will not be trying again....left me with a bad taste in my mouth

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.