Miller Chill - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.

(Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Chill Alström Bros

12 ounce bottle, single bottle bought for $1.39. Served in a Sam Adams BL glass, the beer pours a clear pale straw gold color with about a half inch white head. Head retention and lacing are below average. It smells like lime/lime soda. It doesn't smell bad at all, but then it doesn't really have any kind of "beer" smell either. But there aren't any offensive aromas either. Taste is similar to the aroma. It tastes like watered down lime soda, and it doesn't have much beer taste to it at all. It tastes more like a malt beverage/alcopop than it tastes like beer. It doesn't taste awful, but it doesn't taste good either. Mouthfeel is light and thin, it also has above average carbonation. Drinkability isn't very good, but I can get through a bottle of this so it isn't too awful. But then again, it's not exactly enjoyable. I don't like drinking it, but it's not bad enough to make me want to vomit. Compared to this, a Bud or a Milwaukee's Best sounds good. Luckily I only bought a single bottle of this, I couldn't imagine trying to drink a 6 pack of this stuff.

1.93/5  rDev -1%

12 oz. glass bottle- color of clear pale yellow, with a thin stark white head - nose of cilantro, line zest, hay , grass , grainy and slight bitterness – taste of lime juice ,and grain - body is light, acidic , and with high carbonation – aftertaste of lime peel , slight hint of hoppy bitterness

1.5/5  rDev -23.1%

"Inspired by a Mexican recipe with lime & salt." Chelada style.

Is it a green bottle and clear beer, or the other way around? Let's take the plunge...away we go...

Luckily, it's that same old clear yellow color, with a 1/2 " fizzy white head. Meh.

Aroma, tart and sour, the lime is there, and little else. Hey, there's the salt, too. Whoo-hoo, it's margarita-beer! Not such a good thing. Who does this appeal to, I wonder? Not me, but in the interest of science, I soldier on...

Taste:...eeuugghayaa!!! Oooo, ...uhhhh,...errr...godamn, it is awful! And dreadful. And depressing. A wholly disheartening beer. A pale, sad light lager with absolutely horrid additives. I guess they're latching on to some segment of the hispanic market, so hooray Miller, but who could, how could...why? why? why?

I'm almost sick from this crap already. I can taste the salt, and there's that lime, and whoopee, there's the booze, too. But there's nothing redeeming in this no happiness is found in flavor or refreshment. You're getting dumped.

And I'm going to rinse and slip an Imperial Stout down my gullet and forget this episode ever happened.

1.43/5  rDev -26.7%

It should only be tried very chilled, almost frozen. This way you will not be able to taste it. It should be a sin to call this a chelada style beer. I have tasted perfume by accident once (you know, when you spray it the wrong way, directly to your face, add some fizz to it, and bamm!!! You get Miller chill.

1.6/5  rDev -17.9%

12oz bottle, served in a Pilsner glass.

A - yellow and fizzy.

S - not much of a smell so much as an 'odor' of lime grenadine.

T - oh boy, this is one crappy tasting beer.

M - thin and fizzy.

D - no more for me, thanks.

Final Note: my sister-in-law brought this over to my mom-in-laws on Christmas Eve and there were 4 bottles left (from a 12 pack) at the end of the night. I'm glad I only took 1 bottle!

2.6/5  rDev +33.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

12 oz green bottle poured into a mug

Miller Chill poured a clear pale yellow/gold color with not much head and very little retention – typical light beer. Smell and taste is similar to a [Miller] Lite with lime and salt added. No malt taste detected. Chill tastes almost like a lime soda Mouth feel is very light, dry, and a little watery with a light lime finish. Carbonation tends to be fizzy.

Miller advertises this beer's target market as a Mexican “Chelada” – ice cold LIGHT beer served with lime and salt, so I rated it accordingly. Otherwise my scores would be lower.

Miller Chill is designed to be consumed cold and during the hot summer months – at the beach/pool side or “lawnmower” beer.

1.55/5  rDev -20.5%

Appearance - 2.0
Poured a finger and a half of foamy white head that reduced rapidly to almost nothing. Very pale straw in colour.

Smell - 1.0
A very odd smell of mild lager, lime, sugar, salt and an odd soapy aroma. Smells like a cleaning product.

Taste - 1.5
My first thought was "God this is going to be hard to get through". Sugar sweet upfront, lime, salt, finishes with very little flavour which is actually a relief. Tastes more like a bad alcopop than beer.

Mouthfeel - 1.5
For the third time - not like beer. The mouthfeel is more akin to asprin in water - light in weight, highly carbonated at first, but almost flat towards the end of the glass.

Drinkability - 2.0
Not vomit inducing, and I did manage to finish the bottle. Given the choice of this and nothing, I would probably choose to remain thirsty.

OVERALL
The 100th beer I have reviewed is also the worst beer I have had the displeasure of drinking. Could be refreshing for those who don't mind the taste. The definition of a beer for people who don't like beer, I hope never to drink it again.

probably the worst beer ive had in a long time bah leave bad mexican beer production to corona the taste is mostly bad light beer trying to be covered up with salt and lime not good stick with drinking smaller quantitys of well made beer. The tase isnt horrible but the aftertaste is what makes you want break the cardnal rule of always finishing your beer you really want to toss it in the trash.

1.6/5  rDev -17.9%

Comes in a green bottle ripe for skunking. Can't comment much on the appearance -- didn't bother to pour (would have seemed weird to ask for a glass in that particular establishment, especially for Miller Chill). Sampled it just for the hell of it out of basic curiosity and out of lack of interest in the rest of the BMC canon at this particular place. It DID seem to be very pale, however, since I saw no variation in shading through the bottle above and below the beer line.

The aroma was a repugnant acridity with a hint of fruitiness. I'm not trying to be cliched here, but it seriously smelled like vomit after a night of margaritas. No joke.

The taste was "lymon" with an undercurrent of cereal grains. Kind of like I imagine it would taste if you accidentally poured Sprite instead of milk on a bowl of Crispix (or just mixed Sprite with an Old Milwaukee Light). Not really very beerlike to tell the truth.

Fizzy, seltzery mouthfeel -- about what you'd expect in a macro lager.

Not at all drinkable -- just a weird mix of tastes and a bad smell.

1.78/5  rDev -8.7%

It was cheap. It was there. I decided to buy a bottle. I wasted my money. It poured a very light straw colour with a head that persists. Its still lingering about 3 - 4 mins since I poured it in the glass. It has a fair bit of lacing down the side sof the glass too. It smells like lime cordial and tastes like salty lime cordial with a fizz and a hint of beer. I think that its pretty much like the bottom of a canoe this beer. Very very close to water with fizz. No body really and apart from the lime flavour there isn't much else in it. It might make a good beer for adding to a marinade. It already had the hint of lime in it. Definitely not for drinking.

1.73/5  rDev -11.3%

Beer was a very light straw color. Foamy white head that went away fast. No real lacing to speak of....bubbles rose quickly to teh top of the glass.
Smell was of almost raw lime, no ,alt ao hops noted...had a bit of a mettalic odor as well.
Taste was just bad....kind of lime infused yellow carbonated water. Very thin, no body whatsoever and actually a bit repulsive.
Will never buy one, and more than likely would drink one for free again either.
Beer should not taste like this

2.63/5  rDev +34.9%

A- Transparent watery pale straw yellow body and thin white head that fades rather quickly. Heavy carbonation with lots of bubbles along the side of the glass and rising to the top. Typical unimpressive light lager appearance. I was hoping for maybe some sort of eerie green glow-but it wasn't there.

S- Heavy pale malt with hints of artificial lime-smells like a corn chip.

T-Take a bag of those Tostito's with a hint of lime tortilla chips, puree it, and add some water and carbonation-and this product is what you get. I'm not going to even bother describing it in terms of typical beer ingredients because I can't taste any.

M-Lots of carbonation and thin watery body.

D- Though this is an abomination to beer it really doesn't taste bad to me. Its probably my favorite from the Miller lineup and is much better than Miller Lite. It is, however, very artificial and screams Macro Lager. I don't buy this one myself-but my friends like it and I'll drink a few of theirs.

1.23/5  rDev -36.9%

A - Pours a clear light golden colour with a couple of centimetres of white head that falls away almost immediately.
S - The lime stands out. Not much else happening.
T - Sort of a shit, bland light lager mixed with lime soft drink and a pinch of salt. Not very appealing if you ask me...
M - Light bodied, high carbonation.
D - This isn't even refreshing. I wasn't expecting much but it's actually gross. I will drink most macro stuff if I don't have a choice but I WOULD NOT drink this ever again. Period.

1.63/5  rDev -16.4%

I bought a six pack of this because my friends at work, who obviously dont belong to this site or know a good beer even if the bottle cracked them over the head, were talking about how great it is. These are the people who look at me like the hair on my five heads is on fire when I say I spent $80 on a case of a Belgian ale or paid $9 for a bottle of something they never heard of at a bar.

A: I didnt bother pouring this, but the bottle looks nice if that counts for appearance?

S: There's a smell of salty lime and miller lite. Far from impressive or layered.

T: I can say I didnt like this at all. If I have a beer with lime in it, it's going to be Corona or something else imported. This tastes like they added some lime juice to miller lite and said hey, new beer to market.

M: It is a very carbonated beer. I didnt find the mouthfeel enjoyable.

D: If I hadnt bought the six pack and only bought a single bottle, I'd have called it quits, but I got stuck with 5 of these suckers and didnt feel like giving them to my friends who recommended it because that would reward them for liking bad beer.

I guess this beer is what it is. A cheap alternative to Corona that you dont need to put a lime in.

1.4/5  rDev -28.2%

My wife's cousin brought some of this to Thanksgiving. I'll try anything once. I drank it straight out of the bottle. It really didn't taste anything at all like beer. It tasted like a funky lime soda with some salt in it. The salt made my stomach queasy and I couldn't finish the bottle. Not recommended!

1.15/5  rDev -41%

I didn't pay for this, and I am glad for it. It was a taster to see if we will carry the product at work.

It poured with a small amount of carbonation, and straight away you call smell sweet lolly lime. I took my first sip, and well... ummm... lime?
I actually was nearly ill from the taste and smell of it. I actually thank the fact that I only had to drink half the bottle, as the other staff member drank the other half.

I think this is the first beer ever, that has nearly induced vomiting.
I sure won't be stocking it.

2.8/5  rDev +43.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

This is a decent light beer with a distinct lime taste. You don't taste the salt so much as the sweetness. Similar to Miller Lite, except with a noticeable sweeter finish. I would definitely recommend this beer for parties and gatherings with friends, for watching games on t.v. with light appetizers. At $5.99 for a six-pack, it's worth a try if you like other Miller beers. It's alot different than what I've tasted and unique in the sense that the lime flavor is very pronounced without actually adding a lime to it. It has a low alcohol percentage and only 110 calories for a 12 oz. serving, so you could drink alot of this and enjoy without feeling too full or bloated, although I certainly wouldn't want this for a session beer.

3.55/5  rDev +82.1%

Come on you beer snobs, this is a great beer. Sure not good in the technical term, but good in the laid back saturday night out with friends beer. I love the lime in this one, although the salt taste is evident and does get more of an aftertaste the more that you drink it. Sure it is not as classy or manly as some of the other beers in your convience store, but none can beat it's drinkablility so kudos to Miller for thinking outside the box

look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

It's a Miller, so I didn't bother pouring it.

The aroma encompasses a vinegary citrus. And that's it.

Candy water. Sugary lime dominates the taste entirely.

Highly carbonated, but fitting. "Fizzy," you could say.

Definately easy to drink though - a good choice for a stinking hot summers day and a pool party with fine women, as I'm sure the girls will dig it. People that might usually head for pre-mixed spirit beverages will probably love this.

2.17/5  rDev +11.3%

Ehh. Tried this at a friends party ( along with other nasty beers!) last night.

Poured pale, medium head. Very carbonated...more so than a normal macro.

Smell, well not much more than water.

Taste. Well, just lite with lime. Thats it. Maybe some salt. Not very appealing, not even much of a lawn beer. Rather drink MGD, or a Bud, if that was the only choice.

Finish: Well...I'm glad its finished.

2.25/5  rDev +15.4%

A: Very heavy carbonation apparent, even for a macro lager. Ordinary pale-straw color.

S: Lime very apparent, with some salty aroma. Malt character barely detectable in the background.

T: Lime continues to dominate, although salt is much less evident than in the smell. Almost no grain flavor, and no detectable hops.

M: Lots of carbonation, very thin mouthfeel, pretty standard for macro lager.

D: Definitely a one-trick pony with the lime, it got boring before even one serving. I can see this being a session beer for non-beer drinkers. Probably designed to compete with Smirnoff Ice et al in that market.

1.93/5  rDev -1%

appearance - Pale golden color, small white head, and carbonated.

smell - Lots of lime here, some salt too?

taste - More of a lime taste here, very little malt and hops here.

mouthfeel - Light and carbinated.

drinkability - Not that good. Was offered this to try it. Nothing special at all on this beer. Would rather have a Carona.

1.9/5  rDev -2.6%

Not sure what Chelada is and the beer is not good enough to warrant researching further. The beer is a pale yellow-gold color with a thin bone white head. Very little lacing is apparent. Aroma of lime hard candy and mild malt. Light-bodied with a flavor similar to any lemon-lime carbonated beverage. Only the barest hint of any hops or malt flavor. The finish is carbonated and citrusy. Pretty worthless overall.

2.38/5  rDev +22.1%

Very pale colored beer with an with an extremely faint aroma of artificial fruit.Taste is water,salt and lime.I am a big fan of macro lagers but there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about this beer.This is the first and last time for this awful stuff!!

12 oz bottle. Pours a clear fizzy light yellow with a fizzy rocky white head that retains well and leaves a little lacing.

The aroma is sweet corny macro malts with some sugary lime-like tequila.

The flavor is sweet corn malts and lots of sugary lime and some mint with a bit of a skunky off-malt aftertaste. The mouthfeel is light to medium bodied with sharp fizzy carbonation.

Overall, it's not beer - more of a malternative. But surprisingly, it is drinkable. I have had worse beers, and this is better than most macros.

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.