Miller Chill - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.

(Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007)
View: Beers (28) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Chill Alström Bros
chilidog

2.53/5  rDev +29.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Chill; Miller is really push'n thisone in my area. Seems alot displayed. So I gave in to mass marketing and picked up a six.

It poured a clear golden, active carbonation with a good sized nice white head. Some lace, thin and spotty. Lite in body.

The aroma is citric light lime and a corn and earthy backdrop.

The taste pops the lime wide open, zesty. A hint of corn, grass and hey.

The mouthfeel gets a puckery feel while not sour nor hop, more of the lime. The mouth is left alittle dry, wanting more ( of something ).

Drinkability is there. Its ok, rather refreshing on a hot day. The abv allows for another. Note; the green bottle fits thisone.

07-03-2007 01:20:44 | More by chilidog
pmcadamis

2.75/5  rDev +40.3%

Ok, ok...I finally tried this brew with some reluctance. I tried it when a couple of my friends suggested that we try it as our third or forth beer while out at Buffalo Wildwings. Ya gotta join in even if it means drinking shitty beer.... ya know?

A - Golden yellow clear lager appearance with a decent one finger head that recedes to a wispy haze and a thick collar. Not bad for the style.

S - Limes, tequila, salty sea breeze air, and a trace of citric hops.

T - I thought that I would hate this, but it's actually not bad. If you pretend that it's not beer, it's actually good! Lime juice and tangy citrus flavors dominate the palate with some tequiza-like flavors approximating the taste of cheap tequila.

M - Light bodied, highly carbonated, and very thirst quenching.

D - I could session this on a hot day by the pool, or after a long run. I wanted to hate this, but I actually sort of like it!

06-30-2007 06:45:19 | More by pmcadamis
darkcarrington

Georgia

1.8/5  rDev -8.2%

Didn't find too much redeeming about this one. Tastes pretty much like you poured lime concentrate into a Miller Lite. There is absolutely no subtlety to the lime flavor either it is just way too overpowering. A subtle lime flavor would have been welcomed but they punch you in the face with this one. The mouthfeel was very chewy too, especially for a Miller. Because of the aforementioned problems, it was not especially drinkable either. I got through it fine, but have absolutely no desire to ever do so again. If you want lime in your beer, get a good Mexican beer and drop it in.

06-29-2007 21:29:34 | More by darkcarrington
WVbeergeek

West Virginia

2.95/5  rDev +50.5%

Appears a light pale golden forms a large white head that quickly dwindles down to scattered lacing that evenly coats the pint glass. Aromatics present with lime peels and corn, rice, and other cooked veggies smell relatively clean overall. Flavor barrage of lime juice sweetness and salted edges drying the sides of the palate, touch of light beer in the background with the mild malt sweetness no real offness just more of an iced margarita type of thing going on. Mouthfeel is highly carbonated light bodied extremely light almost watery feel to it but yet non offensive to me. Drinkability is great for a couple especially after mowing the grass not something I would drink in number a really cloying beer after a couple.

06-29-2007 01:31:53 | More by WVbeergeek
steinlifter

3.13/5  rDev +59.7%

Miller Chill, ran across it in my local supermarket..thought I'd give it a try, it poured a pale golden..average appearance..not much head to speak of.
aroma was vague and grainy, maybe a citrusy whiff?
taste was ok, basically like some one squeezed some lime and orange into a miller.
mouthfeel was typically thin and watery as most macro american beers tend to be.
This was not as bad as I thought, but nothing special, just a curiosity...would be real nice on a blistering hot day..(as it is here)..served nice and cold!

06-28-2007 16:07:26 | More by steinlifter
dstc

First off I've always been a fan of Miller although I haven't had one of there products in years. Growing up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, driving down to Milwaukee to visit Miller was always fun so I went into this beer with an open mind. I'm also a big fan of Corona with a lime stuck in it so I thought let's give this a try.

Pours a very pale yellow color with a small head that leaves a faint lace behind.

Smells very light and too sweet. Fruity but over-the-top fake, sweet fruit smell.

Wow. Tastes like lime-ade with a kick. Albeit a very small kick, more like a nudge. You know, this doesn't even taste like beer. The lime taste isn't real. It's like a lime flavored Popsicle melted in a light beer and made it more watery and sweet.

Very light and carbonated on the tongue. Very watery.

Sorry, I just can't drink it. I want to, I want to give it a good try but I can't finish this bottle. This isn't beer. Just plain awful.

06-28-2007 15:08:15 | More by dstc
gmfessen

3.25/5  rDev +65.8%

Poured from the bottle into a frosted mug, beer is a standard light lager in appearance, light clear golden color with a frothy white head. Smell is of lime, not much else is discernable - smells like a light lager. Taste is also of lime, very sweet and more like a malt beverage than a beer. Decently refreshing. The mouthfeel is light and has a frothy carbonation. A decently drinkable beer, I could see this being good on a hot day.

06-27-2007 02:33:53 | More by gmfessen
DrinkinBoy

Georgia

2.5/5  rDev +27.6%

Miller Chill poured a extremely pale gold, with a little head with little retention.

The smell of beer is very light as expected, but the aroma of lime is noticeable.

Its taste is unusual, but not very good. It is pretty obvious a macro beer with lime and salt just mixed in. Tasted faintly like a flat lemon lime soda.

The mouthfeel was pretty average, except that the lime and salt gives it a little better kick.

Overall, I did not feel that Miller Chill was very drinkable. I first had a six pack in Florida during spring break, and now tried it after it came out nationally. Personally I do not enjoy lime in my beer, and I was not to fond of the salt either. Drinking it could be compared to drinking a lot of soda.

06-27-2007 01:48:34 | More by DrinkinBoy
Mitchster

3.28/5  rDev +67.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours to a crystal clear straw golden, forming a modest rocky white head which quickly dissipates and leaves minimal lace, despite a vigorous pour. Zippy carbonation, very much like a cola. Aroma is not bad, kinda fun, definitely a "malternative" kinda nose...lime, macro brew, corn, that's about it. Mouthfeel is very crisp and clean with a light body. Taste begins with a candyish lime flavor, followed by a sugary aftertaste, a hint of corn, no bitterness. I can't detect salt much. Pretty much that candy-like lime aftertaste.

This tastes like Coors Light mixed 40/60 with Zima. Refreshing in a soda kinda-way, easy to drink when ice-cold on a hot day, but I could only have two, and I'd have to cap it off with a pale ale. It doesn't satisfy like a "real" beer does, but it's a decent alternative.

06-26-2007 22:44:14 | More by Mitchster
tugdriver7

Maryland

3.35/5  rDev +70.9%

My expectations were pretty low. I loved the cool green packaging, but the Miller name and the "lime flavoring" piece made me pessimistic about the taste. I had anticipated "Mike's Hard Lime" or something similarly repulsive. And the soda-like appearance, frothy head and bubbles made me wonder. There wasn't much in the nose except a hint of the lime, but the taste was actually something more than I expected. Reminded me of a Corona with a lime and salty corn chips. The taste was like summer in the backyard. And the definite (albeit light) beer background in the taste brought a unique balance to the whole thing--malty, fruity, sweet, salty, bubbly... and watery too. Still, I was intrigued. A bit put-off by the salty taste, but that really isn't very strong. And I could see how it could actually help make it more drinkable. In short, would be a fun "deck BBQ" beer in the summer... at least with food.

06-24-2007 03:34:14 | More by tugdriver7
arguemaniac

3.03/5  rDev +54.6%

Surprisingly refreshing: sure it’s basically a pretty watery light macro lager, but the lime and salt actually add a nice crispness and a bit more flavor. The slight citrusy lime note in the aroma is also nice.

It’s a bit gimmicky and certainly no the most flavorful summer seasonal out there, but other than that I don’t really have any complaints. I might get bored with this one before I finished a six-pack, but it was more than worth a try…

06-24-2007 02:01:29 | More by arguemaniac
largadeer

Got a free sample of this at my local beer bistro.

Appearance: Fizzy pale yellow with practically no color, perfectly clear, with no head whatsoever. Pours like soda.

Smell: A muddled citrus aroma dominated by a soda-pop sweetness. No malt or hop character whatsoever.

Taste: My first impression is that this barely resembles beer. Sickly sweet with an ambiguous lime flavor that's mostly reminiscent of an old can of Sprite.

Mouthfeel: Thin, fizzy, overcarbonated and bloating. Resembles your average light macro beer.

Drinkability: Hopefully I'll never drink this again.

Notes: Beers like this piss me off because not only does it try to completely disguise any actual beer-like flavors, but the fruit flavor used to cover any would-be beer flavor is nasty and artificial.

06-22-2007 22:30:36 | More by largadeer
IntriqKen

1.43/5  rDev -27%

Pours like a standard macro...pale yellow with a soft head that disappears quickly.
Aroma is more lemon than lime to me but with some funky adjunct aroma that makes it smell 'heavy'.
Taste does have a fresh lime and touch of salt to it but then the 'heavy' adjunct (corn maybe?) comes in and makes it very unpleasant to me.
This isn't just Miller with lime and salt...there is something else in there I can't really identify that makes it almost undrinkable to me.

06-22-2007 03:08:32 | More by IntriqKen
rowew

Colorado

2.93/5  rDev +49.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Presentation: 12 oz green bottle, silver label. Bottling code on the neck, twist off.

Appearance: Clear gold, a bit of bubbling, average size head - indistinguisable from the average macro.

Smell: Lime, a bit of adjuncts. Maybe just a bit of salt, but the lime dominates.

Taste: Well - this tastes like it is advertised .. light beer with some lime flavor, and just a bit of salt in the finish.

Overall impression: This isn't as bad as I expected, the lime flavor doesn't seem too fake. Overall it tastes like a very light margarita.. I'd rather have a real Chelada if I was going to have anything like this, but this is drinkable.

06-20-2007 23:54:39 | More by rowew
montageman

1.93/5  rDev -1.5%

Poured into pint glass. This is my first "Chelada Style" beer (whatever that means).

A: Pale yellow with no head. Lots of carbonation - looks like soda.

S: Lemon/lime soda with a very faint medicinal aroma.

T: Sweet, soda-like lime flavor with a slight salty aftertaste. Maybe a bit of hops in the slightly dry finish.

M: Harsh due to the heavy carbonation, but syrupy as well due to the similarities with soda.

D: I guess this could be fine if you can past the fact that this is really soda masquerading as beer. Not much redeeming here. Recommendation to avoid.

06-20-2007 12:44:40 | More by montageman
MisterDeeds

3.33/5  rDev +69.9%

I will say right up front, that I think this product was mis-labeled. It has a very slight beer taste, but to me it seems more like a malt-ernative. Somehow, I still seem to like it. Who needs to jam a lime into an overrated Mexican beer, when you can now get the same refreshment from Milwaukee. Great beach brew, or maybe to compliment Taco night.

06-20-2007 01:12:58 | More by MisterDeeds
DogFood11

2.53/5  rDev +29.1%

12oz green bottle. No worries though as miller products fly off the shelves and their distribution is swift. This has the typical appearance you'd find in most macro lagers. Yellow body with oversized carbonation. Loose white head bubbles down to a thin cover and eventually to a small island.

Having just consumed Michelob Ultra lime cactus brew I figured I'd parlay that into another light offering. This is fruity up front. I can't quite put into words the exact fruits but it reminds me of....Ohhhh Yes now it came to me....Tang...Salty Tang (I've experienced this once before and it wasn't from beer). A dumbed down version for sure. Its nowhere near the strength of tang but it is the underbelly of this offering. I get some mild peaches and a shot of lime as well.

Notes: This is something I would be happy to gobble down on a hot day on the links. Not one I'd seek out.

06-17-2007 20:45:49 | More by DogFood11
Frozensoul327

2.5/5  rDev +27.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A: Pours to a clear, lightly yellow color, with a small head of white foam. Medium levels of carbonation, no lacing in the glass.

S: Odd note of lime and grass clippings. Light malty macro aroma. Different, but not really inviting.

T: Yeah, lime and salt. That would be it. Natural lime flavor isn't cloying or overpowering, mixes with a sea salt note, over an otherwise Miller Lite flavored beer. Spices things up a bit, and it's a nice change from Miller Lite, but there's no depth, flavor development, or real character to this beer.

M: Nominal. Light bodied, just like any other lager you'd get from a macro brewer.

D: Hmmm, it's really hard to call this one. I don't think i'll buy it again, but it is a worthy change up from what is usually refered to as new product from Miller. Worth a try.

06-17-2007 01:56:02 | More by Frozensoul327
xav33

Miller Chill
12 oz bottle
Recent brewing, chilled 06/07
Moderate pour in a shaker.

Poured a clear yellow with a moderate quickly diminishing white fizzy head.

Smelt of moderate lime and faint white bread.

Taste was upfront moderate sweet and sour lime followed by more of the same on a long horrible stale lime twist corn chips finish.

Palate was light bodied, fizzy, watery and lightly puckering.

Overall, I could give this higher points, but I just truly cannot enjoy this beer. The only beer aspect of it is its slight grain taste and beer-like appearance, but otherwise its more like a light malt beverage. I'd rather buy a lime for 25cents and throw it in a macro, as least I would get some fresh produce flavor in my mouth.

06-16-2007 08:08:30 | More by xav33
Zorro

1.98/5  rDev +1%

Green Bottle, I hope the beer isn't green as well.

In the glass this is a clear yellow beer with a whopping huge white head. After a while it does go down, looks like a miller light in the glass with more head.

The smell is mostly lime and lime zest with a little corn smell to it.

The taste begins mildly sweet with a fairly strong lime flavor. Pretty much tastes like lime oil and cheap beer, the kissing cousin of the beer known as Tequiza. I hate Tequiza!

The mouthfeel is OK.

Well I could drink this again if I was desperate and the only other choice was a Tequiza. Not quite as drinkable as beer with real lime juice in it.

06-16-2007 03:54:28 | More by Zorro
Mebuzzard

Colorado

2.38/5  rDev +21.4%

Had this for free at the Miller Chill party for Denver release.
In plastic cup, looked pale with soapy head, didn't stay long.
Smell of corn and lime, not really bad, just kinda weak.
Tastes of hints of lime and corn, some salt in the finish. A refreshing beer, good for a hot summer picnic. meant to be a premium light, that's what they told me anyway.

06-13-2007 23:35:54 | More by Mebuzzard
jwc215

Wisconsin

1.68/5  rDev -14.3%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours very pale straw yellow with a fluffy white head that slowly descends to a thin, lasting cover. Not a bad head for a macro, but body is transparent, even for style.

Smells like a non-alcohol margarita - lime and salt. No "beer" aroma here.

Tastes like...well they combined a margarita with a light macro-lager. Lime and salt dominate over a touch of malt and adjuncts. Don't look for hops here. Finishes...well, un-beer like. "Why did I bother" keeps going through my head. "Chelada style" is on the label...is that a style of beer? I think they are trying to compete with Corona by already adding the lime and they threw in the salt for good measure - and plenty of it.

It might have some body to it, but it's such a wreck it becomes difficult to tell.

Ok - this is a margarita gone bad. Some vague malt (and adjuncts) might be there...but, is this really beer?

06-13-2007 03:45:32 | More by jwc215
acrawf6

Louisiana

2.73/5  rDev +39.3%

After seeing this a few times in the grocery store, i finally broke down and picked it up.

Pours out a clear straw with a small white head that fizzles out.

Smell. It is what i expected, the smell of a macro, but with a touch of citrus in it.

Taste. It's like a poured a miller light with a smirnoff black (or sprite). I can taste the flavors of the grains, but the citrus really takes over in this flavor-deprived beer. I suppose there are flavors of salt as well, but i think they also have a sweetening adjunct to this, cuz this beer goes down sweet like a soda.

Mouthfeel. Body is light and refreshing. No hops or bitterness are detected. I dont know what else to say here.

Overall, i suppose they created what they wanted to. It is a light beer with refreshing qualities and lime flavors that can be quite refreshing out in the hot sun, or to wane kids off of soda, and get them on this easy drinking beer. But with that said, i think i would rather this than a regular miller lite cuz it is a bit different. But to say it is a good beer, i think is broadening the phrase good beer.

06-11-2007 02:25:34 | More by acrawf6
bashiba

Iowa

2.6/5  rDev +32.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Poured a bright golden yellow with just a touch of haze. Thin light white fizzy head.

Smell had a light bit of grain and some detectable lime.

Flavor is light and clean with a very subtle lime and salt flavor. Overall the flavors are all extremely light.

Mouthfeel is thin and watery with a citrusy puckering.

Slighlty more interesting than regular miller lite, but still will not make my fridge rotation.

06-08-2007 00:51:10 | More by bashiba
jj21

Wisconsin

3.18/5  rDev +62.2%

I hate to say it, but for what it is, in the right place at the right time it isn't bad. I'm talking about serious lawnmower beer. Not from a glass, not for pure beer enjoyment. This is a thirst quenching beer- period. That being said. I would never spend a penny for any, but if it was given to me after golfing 18 holes on a 95 degree day, it does the job.

Please note that I wrote "For what it is"!!!

06-07-2007 02:25:40 | More by jj21
Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.