Miller Chill - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller Chill Alström Bros
2.03/5  rDev -3.8%

Green Bottle, I hope the beer isn't green as well.

In the glass this is a clear yellow beer with a whopping huge white head. After a while it does go down, looks like a miller light in the glass with more head.

The smell is mostly lime and lime zest with a little corn smell to it.

The taste begins mildly sweet with a fairly strong lime flavor. Pretty much tastes like lime oil and cheap beer, the kissing cousin of the beer known as Tequiza. I hate Tequiza!

The mouthfeel is OK.

Well I could drink this again if I was desperate and the only other choice was a Tequiza. Not quite as drinkable as beer with real lime juice in it. (644 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +11.4%

Had this for free at the Miller Chill party for Denver release.
In plastic cup, looked pale with soapy head, didn't stay long.
Smell of corn and lime, not really bad, just kinda weak.
Tastes of hints of lime and corn, some salt in the finish. A refreshing beer, good for a hot summer picnic. meant to be a premium light, that's what they told me anyway. (354 characters)

1.69/5  rDev -19.9%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours very pale straw yellow with a fluffy white head that slowly descends to a thin, lasting cover. Not a bad head for a macro, but body is transparent, even for style.

Smells like a non-alcohol margarita - lime and salt. No "beer" aroma here.

Tastes like...well they combined a margarita with a light macro-lager. Lime and salt dominate over a touch of malt and adjuncts. Don't look for hops here. Finishes...well, un-beer like. "Why did I bother" keeps going through my head. "Chelada style" is on the label...is that a style of beer? I think they are trying to compete with Corona by already adding the lime and they threw in the salt for good measure - and plenty of it.

It might have some body to it, but it's such a wreck it becomes difficult to tell.

Ok - this is a margarita gone bad. Some vague malt (and adjuncts) might be there...but, is this really beer? (879 characters)

2.72/5  rDev +28.9%

After seeing this a few times in the grocery store, i finally broke down and picked it up.

Pours out a clear straw with a small white head that fizzles out.

Smell. It is what i expected, the smell of a macro, but with a touch of citrus in it.

Taste. It's like a poured a miller light with a smirnoff black (or sprite). I can taste the flavors of the grains, but the citrus really takes over in this flavor-deprived beer. I suppose there are flavors of salt as well, but i think they also have a sweetening adjunct to this, cuz this beer goes down sweet like a soda.

Mouthfeel. Body is light and refreshing. No hops or bitterness are detected. I dont know what else to say here.

Overall, i suppose they created what they wanted to. It is a light beer with refreshing qualities and lime flavors that can be quite refreshing out in the hot sun, or to wane kids off of soda, and get them on this easy drinking beer. But with that said, i think i would rather this than a regular miller lite cuz it is a bit different. But to say it is a good beer, i think is broadening the phrase good beer. (1,103 characters)

2.6/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Poured a bright golden yellow with just a touch of haze. Thin light white fizzy head.

Smell had a light bit of grain and some detectable lime.

Flavor is light and clean with a very subtle lime and salt flavor. Overall the flavors are all extremely light.

Mouthfeel is thin and watery with a citrusy puckering.

Slighlty more interesting than regular miller lite, but still will not make my fridge rotation. (417 characters)

3.12/5  rDev +47.9%

I hate to say it, but for what it is, in the right place at the right time it isn't bad. I'm talking about serious lawnmower beer. Not from a glass, not for pure beer enjoyment. This is a thirst quenching beer- period. That being said. I would never spend a penny for any, but if it was given to me after golfing 18 holes on a 95 degree day, it does the job.

Please note that I wrote "For what it is"!!! (406 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -10%

Tried this at Miller Park, poured from a glass bottle into a plastic cup. It was exceedingly cold.

The pour was poor. Light for a macro and with almost no head, but since it was a ballpark pour I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Smells okay, I guess. Like a very, very light macro along with some very tart lime. The beer smell is lighter even than Miller Lite.

Tastes pretty bad. The beer is only a whisper against the harsh lime and harsher salt. There's just a little bit of beeriness at the end to remind you that you're not just drinking straight unalcholic margarita mix.

Say what you will about Tequiza, I don't think it's horrible. It's certainly not good, but it's not horible, either--I could easily see myself drinking it at a picnic or something like that. With Tequiza, AB just added some lime flavoring to a light beer. Here, Miller seems more concerned with actually emulating the flavor of a very bad margarita. And they succeed. (962 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +38.9%

Advertised as "light beer with natural flavor", Miller Chill is kind of like Miller Lite with lime and salt added. I can only assume that it's intended to compete with margaritas, Tequiza, Mike's Hard Lemonade/Margarita, and the other malternatives that fill the same niche. However, it pretty much tastes exactly like light beer with salt and lime, and that's not particularly pleasant. It's not bad, it's just that there's not enough malt base to balance the salt and mild tang of the lime. I found it interesting, but watery, and wished I had a regular beer instead. It might be worth trying just to see if you like, or hell, even just to try it - I'm guessing the marketing boys are betting on that! But I'd also imagine it might seem really good straight out of the ice with some Jimmy Buffet playing during a long fishing trip under the hot sun. (851 characters)

4.02/5  rDev +90.5%

I am amazed to read some of the reviews on various beers. My thought is that a beer should be reviewed for what it is. As for Miller Chill, I think this is a pretty good, very drinkable beer for what it is meant to be. It is meant to be a take on the chelada, and while a chelada isn't for everyone, just like a dopplebock isn't for everyone, Miller Chill isn't for everyone. But for me, I will definitely drink this again.

The beer pours a pale yellow color, but has a nice head that forms. When you smell, you can definitely smell the hint of lime, but still get some beer smell coming thru. The taste is very refreshing. Starts more lime with salt and finishes malty and with a beer finish. This is definitely a very drinkable beer.

I see drinking this beer on a very hot day to really quench your thirst. That is what I did, and the beer performed quite nicely. A great beer to take to the beach, a cookout, or to just "chill" on a nice summer afternoon.

As I said, review a beer for what it is meant to be, and as an "American take on a mexican classic", this definitely is that! (1,093 characters)

2.31/5  rDev +9.5%

12oz green bottle poured into a pint glass. Pours a pale straw colored yellow with a big white fizzy head that leaves a decent amount of lacing around the edge of the glass. The aroma is just a touch of grain with a big whiff of artificially flavored lime (almost like a lime soda). The taste features malt that is soon completely entrenched with a strong artificially produced lime flavor. In short, this beer tastes just like a Miller Lite with some Sprite mixed in. Maybe if the lime flavors appeared to be more natural, I would enjoy it a little better. It is just hard to enjoy a beer that tastes like it is mixed with soda. (629 characters)

2.73/5  rDev +29.4%

im a big fan of the old corona with lime, even if im known to be a guinness man. anyways, my friend had a 12 pack of this and said extended an invitation to me for a few since he knew i was into the corona lime deal. anyways i had a few, and it didnt taste too limey or salty to me, but rather fruity. it tasted just like a fruit roll up to me. very easy to drink, i pounded them quick because it was hot and i was thirsty. nothing i would seek out though, corona with lime is much, much better if thats your thing. i wont recommend this to anyone. (548 characters)

1.65/5  rDev -21.8%

Pours a pale straw with a huge head that eventually fizzles, but leaves very nice lacing. The aroma is overwhelmed by the aroma of a particular bargain citrus wine (i.e., Thunderbird ESQ). Makes me have nauseating flashbacks. Again, I get T-bird mixed with Miller Lite in the flavor along with lime green Jello. The Jello makes it more bearable than the aroma, with thoughts of Bill Cosby. Mouthfeel is flimsy and light, but the carbonation is mellow, so that's not too bad. I really don't want to continue on, but I won't drain pour.

How hard is it to put lime and salt into a beer? It's easy and it tastes a whole lot better than this. I had this while three sheets to the wind a couple weeks ago and it just tasted like Smirnoff Ice or something. I decided to have one sober and it sure is awful. (802 characters)

2.12/5  rDev +0.5%

So I’m out cutting the lawn last Sunday and it’s a fairly hot and humid day for late April. My father-in-law brings over a 6’er of this stuff thinkin’ I’ll like it I guess. He realizes I’m a beer geek/fanatic but unfortunately doesn’t realize the difference between "good" beer and "gimmick" beer. So I swilled a couple cold ones down to quench my thirst and it definitely served its purpose; but I guess ice water or iced tea would have had the same results. Anyway it was light, crisp, limey, quite thin and watery and all and all not much different than a Corona with a lime stuffed in the bottle. Nothing overtly offensive here, just another gimmicky mass produced swill they can make more dumb-ass commercials about. (728 characters)

1.44/5  rDev -31.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Wow! This beer sucks. Oops! What I meant to say was--this beer sucks shit! No,no. Let me rephrase that. NEWS FLASH! This shit sucks, and I'm not sure it's beer.

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt by calling it beer in the first place. I'm assuming Miller put at least 50% of the normal ingredients in there, but that remains to be seen.

It smells like that last fruity thing you remember guzzling on a bad casino night before blacking out, and it tastes like a mimosa on the way back up made with rotgut champagne. Plus, it's a light beer, so, you'll have a hard time forgetting how bad this stuff is.

[Trust me folks! I didn't break months and months of BA radio silence to blow smoke up your collective asses. I have come to warn you of impending doom! Stay away from this interloping
alco-pop hiding in the beer section.]

If you really want to drink cold monkey piss, I suggest: flying to the tropics, capturing a small spider monkey, feeding it limes until its bladder is about to explode, collecting its piss in a jar [first runnings of course!], flying back to civilization, refrigerating said monkey piss, giving it a shake and drinking with great gusto!

Or, you can just try this crap.

DM (1,219 characters)

1.56/5  rDev -26.1%

Miller Chill pours a pale yellow with a white head from a green twelve ounce bottle that declares that it is light lager flavored with lime and salt. It smells like an overly sweet sprite. Tastes kind of like sprite or maybe fresca if it were mixed with watery beer. Barely recognizable as beer, more malt beverage like. For those who like zima but not beer. It's still arguably better than Tequiza though. (406 characters)

2.53/5  rDev +19.9%

This beer has a great concept of not having to add lime or salt into a Mexican style beer. Chill has a strong lime taste, which tastes stale. The beer goes down smoothly and goes down as easy as most light beers. I recommend drinking it at around 45 degrees to bring out the best of its characteristics. (303 characters)

3.55/5  rDev +68.2%

Not a bad beer FOR WHAT IT IS TRYING TO BE. Yeah this sucks compared to an awesome RIS or a nice belgian. This is a beer designed to appeal to the masses without a bitter or nasty flavor. It tastes like salt and lime, almost like sprite. There is an ever so tiny beer flavor to it. I downed a couple of these at a bar as it was the best they had available. Not a beer for beer snobs, but it didn't bother me at all. (415 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -27.5%

Recently as part of my local stores venues, I was part of a taste test of new beers available to Texas.

The infamous Miller Chill was one of them.

It was test marketed in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. Talk about a test market...

Being a beer advocate I feel it necessary to let everyone know exactly what this beer is all about.

Pours fizzy yellow, with a large frothy white head. Lots of carbonation streams coming upwards.

Smell reminds me of tequila. Large lime presence, with a spicy respado-esque spiciness. Smell is largely artificial. The utter raunchy and non appealing smell of hardcore chemicals, pesticides, and preservatives. Appalling.

First sip, is....interesting? A sickly disgusting influx of artificial lime sweetness upfront. Absolutely disgusting. Along with a huge mouth drying saltiness.

The artificial flavoring in this beer is just too much, making it pretty much undrinkable. The nose is absolutely putrid, and is completely overwhelming.

This beer is just not feasible. It's definitely intended for a target audience.
Definitely avoid this one like the plague.

"I did this for advocacy." (1,138 characters)

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.