Miller 64 - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller 64Miller 64

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  2.80% ABV

(Beer added by: ZAP on 06-04-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller 64 Alström Bros
4.65/5  rDev +159.8%

This is as much a BEER as a Double IPA (malty hop bomb). !

It is, what it is.

Some beer lovers like to remember how, when the Mayflower landed they were out of beer and set up a brewery as one of their first endeavors.

So, similar to Mayflower beer, this is flavorful, purified water -- that is pretty good !

I recommend the can (keg) version. I've never been a fan of Miller's clear bottles (or Corona's). Ice cold cans and on Sale !

Physical exertion is optional, but you can pound 2-3 of these cans and replenish your fluids with purified water with a slight beer taste. I'd much rather have one of these than a "Dasani" (coca-cola mineral water), and at 192 calories it probably has less calories (and more satisfaction) than 2 stale cookies or one Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (i.e. during a hot day or after heavy physical exertion).

3 % ABV (2.8%) per 12 oz. (355 ml) and if you pound 3 cans (1 ltr. [where's my stein? ]) ... you've probably got less ABV than that double IPA (malty hop bomb) and calories and your kidneys and blood stream will love you ! :-)

Water for your body ... and after 3 cans and some heavy exertion, a little bit of a buzz -- What a Perfect World !

I'm hoping they'll let us put this in the coke machines at work; And/or the O'Doul's or Busch N/A.

OK. Granted ... with the O'Doul's or Busch N/A, ... you'll get more TASTE and less (about 0.5 %) ABV, but the "64" has purified water, 1/2 or more than the calories of a Coca-cola, and a little bit of a buzz ... so ...

Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 -- is where it's at !

It looks like a faux beer when poured. For a "high tech" beer, it's better than a malt beverage Mojito.

"Lighten" up ! For gawd's sake, buy it on sale and don't pay too much for it ( like Perrier ).

Athletes and Kidney Doctors, Rejoice ! I like it better than Michelob Ultra, and it's "less filling & tastes great".

(ok, maybe that's a stretch, ... but I couldn't resist :-)

SeattleSteveK, Jul 20, 2008

NJPhoenix, Dec 13, 2011
3.95/5  rDev +120.7%

I have to say for a light beer... this one is pretty dog-gone good. I put it up there with cousin Miller Lite. I think the appearance and smell are pretty average. Most light beers are very clear and don't have a whole lot of aroma. I like the taste and flavor of the beer. It's very crisp and refreshing. The mouthfeel is what a light beer should be. It's very soft and has a carbonated feel to it. I rate this high on drinkability because it's not over-filling, it's refreshing, and I could drink this beer all night.

Dog-gone good for a light brew in my humble opinion.

eb003, Apr 22, 2006
3.92/5  rDev +119%

Rickpklassen, Sep 08, 2014
3.75/5  rDev +109.5%

liq, Jan 02, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +95.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

Appearance: 1/2 inch head, moderate to high carbonation, straw color, clear

Smell: light grass and a touch of honey

Taste: light grass, grain, some honey

Mouthfeel: light body, sweet, high carbonation borderline watery.

Drinkability: For the style this is above average and I have graded to that standard. It is nice, light, and sweet. A good beer to drink with activities especially on a hot day. It certainly will not get you drunk. Surprisingly good for what it is.

tigg924, Jun 10, 2010

dubljj, May 20, 2012

Onioncreek512, Feb 18, 2012

Steven21805, Nov 04, 2012

poorjetpilot, Aug 17, 2013
3.5/5  rDev +95.5%

At least is not the worst beer I have ever tried. And this light version is better than the regular one, yes, I do not know why, but it is a rare event. With this, I actually had a good chat, a little annoying the beer, but was not trying to make me puke like the previous one I had from this brewery.

nekronos, Oct 20, 2005
3.5/5  rDev +95.5%

Not a bad looking bottle. Decent label, I like clear glass. Clean, light golden color.

Out of the bottle smell: Very light beer smell.

Out of the bottle taste: Light but not bad. Flavor doesn't last long, which is to be expected.

Out of the bottle feel: Carbonation.

In glass look: Very light yellow. More of a sustained head than I thought there would be, which was none. Not like this is a comparable head to other beers, but in this category I think it lasted a few seconds longer than others.

In glass taste: Not much.

In glass feel: Watery, carbonation.

This is beer in my opinion tastes better out of their bottle.

Compared to other beers in this category, I think it's decent. There's no point in comparing this to a craft IPA, for instance, that's not the goal of the beer. When compared to other major "diet" beers, I have to say this ranks high because it achieves a goal of not offending me. Other diet beer, or non-diet beers even such as Budweiser Platinum and Rolling Rock offend me and they're not even trying to go lo-cal. There is no reason to drink those beers. This on the other hand serves a purpose and doesn't give me a sour face, so I'm rating this with that in mind.

1234Jack, Aug 24, 2012
3.48/5  rDev +94.4%

For a light beer, this isn’t too bad. Clear morning urine color with plenty of carbonation and a thin white film. Mild aroma of sweet grain and corn. Tastes slightly of corn and cereal grains with a minimal amount of hop bittering. Mouthfeel is light and sweet. Finish is crisp from the carbonation and mildly acidic. Drinkability is better than most in the category. Not repulsive in any way some many macro lights are. Just not much going on.

DaPeculierDane, Jul 21, 2006
3.4/5  rDev +89.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pale yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading foamy head.I don't really get much on aroma.The taste is faint graininess.I know this isn't the most tastiest flavorful beer,but it fits well in the light lager category.I would buy again and recommend for summer outings.

matty, Oct 16, 2009
3.35/5  rDev +87.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Opinions vary, but this is the best light beer I have tasted (my wife has bought them all, Bud55, Miller Lite [my old favorite light], Mic Ultra [ok, I do love Mic Ultra Amber - but hard to find in MN], etc.) and Miller 64 has become a staple in our refrigerator). It is light, fresh, crisp, and tastes like, well, it tastes like beer. It has a low alcohol content, so is refreshing on a hot day, or out on a bike ride, tastes great with pizza.

DrCDPriest, Feb 03, 2014
3.33/5  rDev +86%

Typical American beer. Pours a light, golden colour and has a snow white head. Delicate lacing and has the smell of most American beer; light to moderate yeasty/ bready smell. A wee bit sweeter than most other American beers and far more palatable than Bud light, if I may be perimetted to say the "B" word. MGD light goes down easy and is a great inexpensive brew to enjoy in breaks while doing lawn work. I have found the above to hold true with most products from Miller Brewing Company. One thing I particularly like about this brew is that is has a light cracker/biscuit after taste. I had originally given this one 3.0 in all categories, but after some time of drinking it, it has grown on me a little and I notice a few more things about it that I didn't the first go 'round.

SilentSabre, Aug 27, 2003
3.33/5  rDev +86%

A: Straw colored, clear beer. Decent head retention and a little lacing.
S: Low hop aroma but it was there.
T: Actually...not bad. A step up from Lite and High Life. Not a bad domestic macro. Very good balance between malt sweetness and hop bitterness and aroma...really.
M: Light mouthfell as you might expect from a a US light macro. OK.
D: Good here. It had decent flavor, aroma and was not at all filling.

After pizza diner drinking Guinness and Hacker Pschorr Weiss beer I had to grab something for Fireside Chat with my family at a small store. Well it turned out AOK. This beer will not win many awards but I found it to be very refreshing and easy to drink without the feeling I was not actually drinking beer. Decent light beer . I must admit. Actually, damn close to Amstel light in quality.

alankwak, Oct 02, 2005
3.28/5  rDev +83.2%

Pours an albino golden hue with pristine clairity; generating a one and half finger soapy head. Holds a very thin cap for most of the glass and surprisingly, it even leaves sticky waves of lacing. Clean-ish nose, some rice and other cereal adjuncts are the only noticable aromas. Scrubbed pale lager malt and tannic adjunct taste-very light with no hop flavor anywhere. A suggestion of hop extract bitterness balances the very delicate flavor and the aftertaste dries away to blankness almost instantly. Crisp and sharp carbonation and seltzery body- quite effervescent. The drinkability could be called excellent since a few seconds after taking a sip you could easily forget you were having a beer. A good attmept at tasting like nothing.

PBRstreetgang, Apr 10, 2007
3.25/5  rDev +81.6%

snowsurfer422, May 20, 2012
3.18/5  rDev +77.7%

Appearance - A lemon, yellow color that starts off murky and finishes see-through. A thick head at the pour that quickly thins out and almost dissapears by the end. Little lacing left on the glass, above average for a macro beer.

Smell - A light lemon and grassy smell and a faint grain smell overpowered by a metallic smell.

Taste - A sweet grain-y taste followed by a mild bitterness finished by a light lemon taste on the tounge. The after-taste is metallic.

Mouthfeel - Its feels like most light beers with a little ting from the hops. Water-y like most light beers but it doesn't ruin it. A fair amount of carbonation that stays until the end.

Drinkability - I don't think I've had a more friendly beer in my life. The beer isn't strong and goes down easy. Low calories, IBU, and cost. That being said while it is friendly, its not great.

TheElusiveAlexT, Jul 21, 2010
3.1/5  rDev +73.2%

Miller "Genuine Draft Light" pours a clear amber with streams of carbonation welling up from the bottom of my beer tumbler. Head went to just over one finger then, as if a magic wand had been waved... Poof! gone. The surface of the beer is as smooth as a mirror, with only the slightest of a broken ring now forming from the bubbles of carbon dioxide gas rising to the top.

Nose has a subtle grain presents with little else. Palate is a crisp very light bitter malt. The finish is a clean sharp bight of carbonation.

Miller "Genuine Draft Light" can stand on it's own merits of clean, crisp, and very light bitter malt.

Alcohol by volume is 4.2%

This review is for Miller "Genuine Draft Light", not for Miller "Genuine Draft Light 64", Two different brews, two different ABV%.

BeerBob, Oct 19, 2005
3.08/5  rDev +72.1%

Bottle poured into pint glass

Appearance: Pale yellow with a little lacing.

Smell: Cooked corn malts. I'm actually excited that this beer even has a smell.

Taste: Really crisp, a little too much so. A little bit of malt character, mainly corn. That's about it for this beer. Can't detect much in the way of alcohol, but at 2.8% that isn't surprising.

Drinkability: I can stomach this beer because it has some flavor; it is still a boring beer, though. In the realm of light beer's though, this brew is better than most.

wmtxbb, Jan 10, 2011
3.08/5  rDev +72.1%

Appearance: Bright golden yellow with minimal head....no lace whatsoever...quite unimpressive

Smell: Cereal grains

Taste: Cereal grains with tight oh so tight carbonation

Mouthfeel: extra thin with crisp tingly carbonation

Drinability: No taste and no soul but such a drinkable beer. Great for tailgating

maek228, May 05, 2005

I already had a couple of beers and did not want to get loaded but still felt like drinking. So I opted for the MGD 64.
Pretty much as expected.
A weak, watery light beer, but I knew that going in.

It is weak on flavor, but I think it tastes better than the regular MGD. It does not have the weird vegetable taste that MGD has.

Needless to say this is easy to drink. Goes down like Gatorade.

For what it is, its not half bad.

Give it a try if you want a low alcohol, low calorie, light beer that is refreshing and easy to drink.

JohnFatAss, Jun 05, 2011

Razr86, Oct 11, 2012
Miller 64 from Miller Brewing Co.