2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Miller 64 - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller 64Miller 64

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  2.80% ABV

(Beer added by: ZAP on 06-04-2008)
View: Beers (26) |  Events
Ratings: 561 | Reviews: 215 | Show All Ratings:
alphagnome

Iowa

1.73/5  rDev -4.9%

Appearance:
Incredibly clear, pale gold body crowned with a surprisingly thick, white head that disappeared to nothing quickly but left plenty of lacing behind in the process. Light trails of carbonation. Looks good, oddly enough.

Aroma:
Here is where it takes a turn... Damp grains and light traces of corn. Light sweetness. Nothing else.

Taste:
Follows the taste.. Dull grains and faint corn. Rubbery aftertaste.

Mouthfeel:
Lifeless in pretty much all aspects. Thin and watery. Little to no carbonation.

Overall:
This, surprisingly, isn't horrible... BUT pretty damn close. And, unlike a few other beers I've had recently this is drinkable if only just. Not refreshing by any stretch of the imagination as I found myself yearning for the bottom of the glass to approach. I'll sum this up with this: Sometimes you have to have a bad beer to enjoy a the good ones. That's exactly what this experiment was for me, I will spend the rest of my days ensuring I never drink this one again. It's really the only reason you should have for consuming this as well.

02-11-2014 01:33:11 | More by alphagnome
DrCDPriest

3.35/5  rDev +84.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Opinions vary, but this is the best light beer I have tasted (my wife has bought them all, Bud55, Miller Lite [my old favorite light], Mic Ultra [ok, I do love Mic Ultra Amber - but hard to find in MN], etc.) and Miller 64 has become a staple in our refrigerator). It is light, fresh, crisp, and tastes like, well, it tastes like beer. It has a low alcohol content, so is refreshing on a hot day, or out on a bike ride, tastes great with pizza.

02-03-2014 02:39:44 | More by DrCDPriest
ValpoExpo

2.43/5  rDev +33.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Obviously this beer is intended to be something to down on a hot summer day or for someone who is perhaps trying to cut down their drinking without switching to NA beer. Miller 64 is what it is - It possesses good carbonation, a fine straw color when poured and holds it own against the other macro brands.

12-12-2013 21:29:50 | More by ValpoExpo
Libationguy

Nevada

1.55/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Brilliant light straw color. Thin, bright white foamy head with short retention.

Cereal, corn, saltine crackers, powdered milk.

Literally no flavor. None. Had two other people taste just to make sure I was not being biased.

Light bodied and watery. Moderate carbonation. Thin, clean and crisp with no finish.

It's technically well made, there is just nothing to work with. It's like the beer version of the fat-free muffin. You're just taking away the whole point by insisting on a product with next to no calories.

07-20-2013 04:41:39 | More by Libationguy
Hulk_Beer

2.33/5  rDev +28%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

app- Head pours big, fizzes pathetically like all light AALs. Slightly darker than expected, but no lacing to speak of. Crystal clear with slightly champagne-like bubbling.

sml- Rice, dirty grain. But maybe a hint of lemony hop? Hulk would have investigated further but Hulk was sick of smelling it.

tst- Cooked corn and plain rice. Also malty sweetness but nothing special. One of those beers that taste foul.

mf- Club soda thin. That lemon Hulk smelled came back here and gives some kind of odd tang that isn't flavor. Slightly interesting.

Hulk doesn't mean to always hate on light lagers. Hulk really mean that. If you like Miller 64, please drink it. Hulk just doesn't want to drink it ever again. Hulk couldn't bear it again. Interesting notes of something lemony keep it from flat-out "poor" rating.

HULK

p.s. follow Hulk on Instagram @hulk_beer !!!!

07-09-2013 04:56:44 | More by Hulk_Beer
harpo111

Georgia

1.94/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Someone gave me a couple of these "low calorie" beers...
A: pale yellow...head was ok..but lasted no time at all
S: a little corn...a wee bit of malt...not much else
T: a little corn...but overall weak..period
m: carbonated...watery
O: Ok if you just want something beer like to drink..but it just has no body, mouth feel and hardly any flavor at all..

would not buy...I would go to gym and get some exercise and drink something better

06-30-2013 02:54:18 | More by harpo111
Hermanater

1.2/5  rDev -34.1%

I wish you could give this less than 1. I understand that we are to keep in mind the style when rating but this tastes like the brewery workers drank some Miller Light, filtered it through their own kidneys, stored it in their bladders for a while, then...well you get the picture. Seriously, this is bad beer.

05-19-2013 23:28:39 | More by Hermanater
TMoney2591

2.28/5  rDev +25.3%

Served in a Lagunitas mason jar.

Well, swimsuit season's coming up, so we've gotta watch those calories, eh, guys? Anyway, this stuff pours a clear pale straw topped by a finger of white froth. The nose comprises sweet corn, light funky wheat, and a touch of hard water. The taste brings in more of the same, with more hardness to the water and a slightly sharper funkiness from the now-grassier wheat. The body is rather light, with a light moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, a pretty limp, sad beer, one that certainly isn't much of a poster child for the "fewer calories but all the flavor" camp. Give me the calories...

04-03-2013 17:21:40 | More by TMoney2591
orcsinspace

This is the worst beer I have ever had. Miller took their concocted piss water and added even more water to it. Stale flavor and smell, mouthfeel of lukewarm water, and a miserable sickly pale color. The only reason I could imagine drinking this is because of the low calories, but if that is the issue, eat a salad once in a while. Weighing in at 2.8 ABV, you'd have to bong a case of these things just to get a slight buzz, which would offset the low calories. As will everything under the Miller label, this is just downright awful. I actually heard there was a scene in the movie Zero Dark Thirty when they interrogated a guy by making him drink one of these. After one sip, he begged to be water boarded. This beer is pure torture.

03-07-2013 20:29:44 | More by orcsinspace
silverking

1.8/5  rDev -1.1%

A- Very pale straw with a white head. head retention is good, but the lacing is spotty.

S- Very faint. Maybe some grains?

T- Seltzer with some faint grainy tastes. No detectable hops.

M- Ultra light, crisp, and refreshing. Nice for the pool or the beach.

O- Not good. It scored some refreshment points, But It's lack of taste or flavor can't be overlooked.

01-24-2013 18:59:50 | More by silverking
tectactoe

1.64/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

What to say about this? Pale straw, clean as a whistle, not much of a head at all, just some puffy white foam that settles in a matter of seconds. There isn't much of an aroma at all, some corn and grains with a weird metallic smell in the background. Taste isn't much different - actually, there isn't much of a taste at all. Some light grain, minimal hop flavor. The thing you taste the most is the water and the carbonation. And there is a LOT of carbonation. Body is as thin as tap water.

Yeah, needless to say, I won't be having this one again. It's just so flavorless and empty. If you're going to drink a beer, then drink a beer. With this stuff, what's the point?

01-07-2013 01:00:21 | More by tectactoe
Fatehunter

Oregon

1.8/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Finger of head, big bubbles. Clear, golden colored body. A fair number of bubbles coming up. Decent looking.
Smell is metallic and grainy. There's a subtle unpleasant smell that I cannot place.
Amazingly tasteless. The mildest bitter in the middle with the faintest sweetness at the end.
Crisp body with moderate carbonation.
I'm actually impressed by the almost total lack of flavor.

11-21-2012 21:36:46 | More by Fatehunter
tobelerone

Connecticut

2.2/5  rDev +20.9%

Shared with a dieting friend; pours pale yellow, fairly sizeable head with decent retention, some lacing sticking to the glass; doesn’t look half bad.

Very, very mild aroma. All I get is a little grain and maybe some honey sweetness, but that’s about it. Straining and there’s nothing there. This experience continues into the taste; hints of grain and perhaps corn; a trace of sweet honey, but overall fairly dry. Very low bitterness.

Effervescent carbonation, moderately light in body; extremely watery overall. I won’t say this is the worst light beer I’ve had, because it wasn’t. It wasn’t unpleasant, it just wasn’t there at all, really, and I had a hard time seeing the point of drinking something like this. The ABV is so low it won’t have an intoxicating effect, if that’s what’s desired, and by the time it does you’d have drunk enough of these that you could have had a better beer. Certainly not my thing; I’d rather not drink anything and save the calories altogether.

09-27-2012 02:40:09 | More by tobelerone
1234Jack

3.5/5  rDev +92.3%

Not a bad looking bottle. Decent label, I like clear glass. Clean, light golden color.

Out of the bottle smell: Very light beer smell.

Out of the bottle taste: Light but not bad. Flavor doesn't last long, which is to be expected.

Out of the bottle feel: Carbonation.

In glass look: Very light yellow. More of a sustained head than I thought there would be, which was none. Not like this is a comparable head to other beers, but in this category I think it lasted a few seconds longer than others.

In glass taste: Not much.

In glass feel: Watery, carbonation.

This is beer in my opinion tastes better out of their bottle.

Compared to other beers in this category, I think it's decent. There's no point in comparing this to a craft IPA, for instance, that's not the goal of the beer. When compared to other major "diet" beers, I have to say this ranks high because it achieves a goal of not offending me. Other diet beer, or non-diet beers even such as Budweiser Platinum and Rolling Rock offend me and they're not even trying to go lo-cal. There is no reason to drink those beers. This on the other hand serves a purpose and doesn't give me a sour face, so I'm rating this with that in mind.

08-24-2012 06:15:11 | More by 1234Jack
TheRougeBastard

1.28/5  rDev -29.7%

I actually have a hard time thinking of this beverage as "beer"! Typical "Light" beer look and scent. Very little taste to speak of...beer-flavored water??? One possible use would be as a spacer for a night a tasting higher ABV selections!

07-02-2012 05:09:37 | More by TheRougeBastard
alexgash

Connecticut

1.98/5  rDev +8.8%

12 oz. clear bottle.

Light lemon straw body. Clean and clear. Finger of loose, frothy, off-white head. Some lacing. Mild cereal malt aromas. Maybe a little sweet corn. Slightly off skunkish hop whiffs as well. Meh.

Seltzer water/CO2 bitter tang up front. Light corny maltiness follows. Hint of honey sweetness. Not much there. Slight cardboard bite as mineral water bitterness takes over the finish. Light bodied, with a fizzy, seltzery feel. Not much taste in this! Not offensive, but not worth drinking.

06-26-2012 22:37:29 | More by alexgash
tdm168

2.48/5  rDev +36.3%

A - golden yellow with a soft, fizzy, bubbly white that fades quickly

S - grainy and a bit sweet

T - grains, corn, a bit sweet, mild bitter finish

M - very crisp, over carbonated, very light bodied

I will say this. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. It didn't have those awful apple-like or metallic notes that often accompany macro lagers. It is a bit sweet and it is way over carbonated, but otherwise it's just a very thinned out version of MGD. I picked this up on a day that I had to drive and was attending a cook out. It was good to swig in the hot sun and I was able to drive home.

06-26-2012 21:33:50 | More by tdm168
ThomasMetal75

1.38/5  rDev -24.2%

A- Piss yellow with little foam or lacing in bottle. VERY CARBONATED!

S- Grainy and skunky! Corn husks maybe?

T- Oh my God! This is so nasty!!!! It was very sour and skunky, mixed with a sickly tasting sweetness! Heineken may taste somewhat skunky, but never this sour! Very carbonated. My throat almost didn't want to swallow it. This doesn't even classify as something a hobo should buy as a cheap beer!

M- Almost no mouthfeel. It's basically water with a tinge of beer flavoring. Like a drop of flavor. Not hard to drink, but the carbination is almost to much!

GROSS! This is the worst beer I've ever had in my life. Even Corona Light is miles ahead of Miller 64 in taste. My favorite thing Miller has even done is Pabst Blue Ribbon, but this sir is a poor ripoff of what a beer should be! For cheap beers, I'll stick to Pabst Blue Ribbon, Miller Light, Coors, Coors Light, and Narraganset. Miller 64 will never touch my lips again! NEVER!!!

06-06-2012 04:41:21 | More by ThomasMetal75
Bierwolf

Missouri

1.43/5  rDev -21.4%

12 ounce bottle poured into a pilsener glass. "Best By" date of 06/18/2012.

Appearance: Clear pale yellow. White fizzy head with short retention. Amazing thing was it left some lacing all the way down. Actually best part of this experience.

Smell: Mainly cold, wet grain.

Taste: Very little taste. Anything there was grainy.

Mouth Feel: Thin and watery. Slight carbonic bite and semi dry finish.

Overall: Compared to the other light lagers that i have had this was the least appealing. I had several before reviewing so as to give it a fair chance but this is not a satisfying drink.

04-27-2012 16:49:10 | More by Bierwolf
bluHatter

2.33/5  rDev +28%

A: Clear light yellow. Looks very light. A small white foamy head that doesn't stick around. Lots of big bubbles.

S: Corn, sugar

T: Clean, mellow... hardly any flavor at all. Just a slight corn flavor. You can hardly tell this is beer.

M: Descent carbonation for what it is. This is just very very light bodied.

O: Despite its light, almost non-beer stature in individual scoring, I still like this as a refreshing drink. It's one of those classically easy-to-drink lagers that go good with a lawn barbecue or a good college football tailgate -- in settings where beer isn't necessarily the culinary focus, but having a couple refreshing easy-to-drink beers with friends is key. It's an American tradition... it would do many of us good to remember why we started drinking beer in the first place ;)

02-25-2012 01:53:01 | More by bluHatter
westonhood

1.43/5  rDev -21.4%

I'm not even sure how this has as high ratings as it does, it might have to do with the fact they dye the beer to make it darker than it actually is. I would definitely choose this over miller lite buts thats like deciding between animal blood and urine. There is no head, no smell, its extremely light but if your a fatty and you think this will help keep the pounds off then feel free to drink this yellow dye

12-19-2011 00:15:02 | More by westonhood
bigdrewsmoove

South Carolina

1.75/5  rDev -3.8%

I enjoy good, flavorful beer. I also can not see my toes. Considering that the good stuff is usually upwards of 200 calories, I can stand to drink a light beer or two. My wife hardly drinks at all anymore but when we go to parties we'll buy a 12 pack and she'll only drink two so we always have this in the fridge. This beer is not offensive, just not much there. Pale yellow with average mouthfeel. No smell to speak of. Tastes like nothing really. I guess 6 of these would be pretty refreshing and then by that point I guess you don't really care what it tastes like. Oh well. Just finished a 5 mile run and was feeling healthy so I tried one. I'll probably drink some more, but not because I want to. My gut says I need to. Like having sex in a canoe, indeed.

09-28-2011 01:00:49 | More by bigdrewsmoove
kindestcut

1.23/5  rDev -32.4%

Are you really thirsty? Have you been lost in the Outback for a week without water? Or maybe you're on a strict diet. If this is the case, you might like this beer.

Of course, this is not a poor beer masquerading as a great one. You know what you're getting into here. So, there's nothing to do but tell the truth.

This beer pours a pale yellow and smells of nothing. It tastes as light as it looks. The lager flavor is faint, as if diluted. It's not that it tastes like the worst beer ever. It's just hardly there.

To sum up, drink if dehydrated. Otherwise, be afraid. Be very afraid.

09-05-2011 01:26:27 | More by kindestcut
wordhog61

1.38/5  rDev -24.2%

I accidently picked this up for a get together we were having. I bought one case of 12 oz bottles. What a mistake.

It pours ok, a light head, and looks good, and that's where it ends. It tastes awful, lot's of fizz, not drinkable at all. It leaves no after taste.

Overall, I would never drink it again, ever.

08-24-2011 22:03:57 | More by wordhog61
Spikester

Oregon

Pours very pale gold with maybe a half inch of white head. Head exits rapidly. Smell is maybe a touch of corny grains. Really hard to smell anything at all. Taste is beer water. Take a standard Miller Genuine Draft and dump half the glass. Fill to the top with sparkling water and this is what you would get. O.K. maybe just pout out 40%. Yes you could drink this every waking hour and still function pretty well but why would you? Much better to cut back to one good beer per day if calories or abv. is an issue.

08-15-2011 03:02:27 | More by Spikester
Miller 64 from Miller Brewing Co.