Miller 64 - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller 64Miller 64

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  2.80% ABV

Beer added by: ZAP on 06-04-2008

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller 64 Alström Bros
Ratings: 726 | Reviews: 229
2.31/5  rDev +29.1%

Served in a Lagunitas mason jar.

Well, swimsuit season's coming up, so we've gotta watch those calories, eh, guys? Anyway, this stuff pours a clear pale straw topped by a finger of white froth. The nose comprises sweet corn, light funky wheat, and a touch of hard water. The taste brings in more of the same, with more hardness to the water and a slightly sharper funkiness from the now-grassier wheat. The body is rather light, with a light moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, a pretty limp, sad beer, one that certainly isn't much of a poster child for the "fewer calories but all the flavor" camp. Give me the calories...

1.34/5  rDev -25.1%

Okay, this is a light beer, and I suppose that I should review it in that light. However, it is also nearly tasteless. It is watery, pale yellow in color...moderately carbonated, and nearly completely devoid of any smell or flavor. Some spritzy carbonic bite, but nothing that tastes like beer. Not worth drinking if you want to taste your beverage.

This is the worst beer I have ever had. Miller took their concocted piss water and added even more water to it. Stale flavor and smell, mouthfeel of lukewarm water, and a miserable sickly pale color. The only reason I could imagine drinking this is because of the low calories, but if that is the issue, eat a salad once in a while. Weighing in at 2.8 ABV, you'd have to bong a case of these things just to get a slight buzz, which would offset the low calories. As will everything under the Miller label, this is just downright awful. I actually heard there was a scene in the movie Zero Dark Thirty when they interrogated a guy by making him drink one of these. After one sip, he begged to be water boarded. This beer is pure torture.

1.78/5  rDev -0.6%

A- Very pale straw with a white head. head retention is good, but the lacing is spotty.

S- Very faint. Maybe some grains?

T- Seltzer with some faint grainy tastes. No detectable hops.

M- Ultra light, crisp, and refreshing. Nice for the pool or the beach.

O- Not good. It scored some refreshment points, But It's lack of taste or flavor can't be overlooked.

1.62/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

What to say about this? Pale straw, clean as a whistle, not much of a head at all, just some puffy white foam that settles in a matter of seconds. There isn't much of an aroma at all, some corn and grains with a weird metallic smell in the background. Taste isn't much different - actually, there isn't much of a taste at all. Some light grain, minimal hop flavor. The thing you taste the most is the water and the carbonation. And there is a LOT of carbonation. Body is as thin as tap water.

Yeah, needless to say, I won't be having this one again. It's just so flavorless and empty. If you're going to drink a beer, then drink a beer. With this stuff, what's the point?

1.82/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Finger of head, big bubbles. Clear, golden colored body. A fair number of bubbles coming up. Decent looking.
Smell is metallic and grainy. There's a subtle unpleasant smell that I cannot place.
Amazingly tasteless. The mildest bitter in the middle with the faintest sweetness at the end.
Crisp body with moderate carbonation.
I'm actually impressed by the almost total lack of flavor.

2.22/5  rDev +24%

Shared with a dieting friend; pours pale yellow, fairly sizeable head with decent retention, some lacing sticking to the glass; doesn’t look half bad.

Very, very mild aroma. All I get is a little grain and maybe some honey sweetness, but that’s about it. Straining and there’s nothing there. This experience continues into the taste; hints of grain and perhaps corn; a trace of sweet honey, but overall fairly dry. Very low bitterness.

Effervescent carbonation, moderately light in body; extremely watery overall. I won’t say this is the worst light beer I’ve had, because it wasn’t. It wasn’t unpleasant, it just wasn’t there at all, really, and I had a hard time seeing the point of drinking something like this. The ABV is so low it won’t have an intoxicating effect, if that’s what’s desired, and by the time it does you’d have drunk enough of these that you could have had a better beer. Certainly not my thing; I’d rather not drink anything and save the calories altogether.

3.5/5  rDev +95.5%

Not a bad looking bottle. Decent label, I like clear glass. Clean, light golden color.

Out of the bottle smell: Very light beer smell.

Out of the bottle taste: Light but not bad. Flavor doesn't last long, which is to be expected.

Out of the bottle feel: Carbonation.

In glass look: Very light yellow. More of a sustained head than I thought there would be, which was none. Not like this is a comparable head to other beers, but in this category I think it lasted a few seconds longer than others.

In glass taste: Not much.

In glass feel: Watery, carbonation.

This is beer in my opinion tastes better out of their bottle.

Compared to other beers in this category, I think it's decent. There's no point in comparing this to a craft IPA, for instance, that's not the goal of the beer. When compared to other major "diet" beers, I have to say this ranks high because it achieves a goal of not offending me. Other diet beer, or non-diet beers even such as Budweiser Platinum and Rolling Rock offend me and they're not even trying to go lo-cal. There is no reason to drink those beers. This on the other hand serves a purpose and doesn't give me a sour face, so I'm rating this with that in mind.

2.08/5  rDev +16.2%

Pale, fizzy straw yellow in look. Scent is pale, watery with only a faint whiff of stale light beer. Taste is again very light, somewhat undiscernable from a regular light beer once youve had 1 or 2, stale tasting, light corn. Thin and watery. Compared to Bud 55, this atleast tastes like light beer, and still, thats not a great thing.

1.25/5  rDev -30.2%

I actually have a hard time thinking of this beverage as "beer"! Typical "Light" beer look and scent. Very little taste to speak of...beer-flavored water??? One possible use would be as a spacer for a night a tasting higher ABV selections!

1.97/5  rDev +10.1%

12 oz. clear bottle.

Light lemon straw body. Clean and clear. Finger of loose, frothy, off-white head. Some lacing. Mild cereal malt aromas. Maybe a little sweet corn. Slightly off skunkish hop whiffs as well. Meh.

Seltzer water/CO2 bitter tang up front. Light corny maltiness follows. Hint of honey sweetness. Not much there. Slight cardboard bite as mineral water bitterness takes over the finish. Light bodied, with a fizzy, seltzery feel. Not much taste in this! Not offensive, but not worth drinking.

2.48/5  rDev +38.5%

A - golden yellow with a soft, fizzy, bubbly white that fades quickly

S - grainy and a bit sweet

T - grains, corn, a bit sweet, mild bitter finish

M - very crisp, over carbonated, very light bodied

I will say this. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. It didn't have those awful apple-like or metallic notes that often accompany macro lagers. It is a bit sweet and it is way over carbonated, but otherwise it's just a very thinned out version of MGD. I picked this up on a day that I had to drive and was attending a cook out. It was good to swig in the hot sun and I was able to drive home.

2.11/5  rDev +17.9%

Looks as style should, although mine had a virtually no head. Rather light pale ale.
Very light malt character. Rather tight beer overall.
Very light on flavor too. Slight malt. Hard to pick up much for hops. No particular sourness or tartness.
Fully carbonated and decently smooth and soft, but not overly so.
This is what is suppose to be a very lightly flavored low calorie beer. Nothing I'd seek out, but could put one away if thirsty enough - just wouldn't spend my own money on it.

1.43/5  rDev -20.1%

A- Piss yellow with little foam or lacing in bottle. VERY CARBONATED!

S- Grainy and skunky! Corn husks maybe?

T- Oh my God! This is so nasty!!!! It was very sour and skunky, mixed with a sickly tasting sweetness! Heineken may taste somewhat skunky, but never this sour! Very carbonated. My throat almost didn't want to swallow it. This doesn't even classify as something a hobo should buy as a cheap beer!

M- Almost no mouthfeel. It's basically water with a tinge of beer flavoring. Like a drop of flavor. Not hard to drink, but the carbination is almost to much!

GROSS! This is the worst beer I've ever had in my life. Even Corona Light is miles ahead of Miller 64 in taste. My favorite thing Miller has even done is Pabst Blue Ribbon, but this sir is a poor ripoff of what a beer should be! For cheap beers, I'll stick to Pabst Blue Ribbon, Miller Light, Coors, Coors Light, and Narraganset. Miller 64 will never touch my lips again! NEVER!!!

1.48/5  rDev -17.3%

12 ounce bottle poured into a pilsener glass. "Best By" date of 06/18/2012.

Appearance: Clear pale yellow. White fizzy head with short retention. Amazing thing was it left some lacing all the way down. Actually best part of this experience.

Smell: Mainly cold, wet grain.

Taste: Very little taste. Anything there was grainy.

Mouth Feel: Thin and watery. Slight carbonic bite and semi dry finish.

Overall: Compared to the other light lagers that i have had this was the least appealing. I had several before reviewing so as to give it a fair chance but this is not a satisfying drink.

1.65/5  rDev -7.8%

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a very pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of corn, somewhat musty. WTF? I would describe the taste as soon as I find one. The is by far the weakest beer I have ever tried, I am struggling to find any flavor profile other than water. Feels like water in the mouth and overall most NA beers I have had taste more like beer than this one.

2.33/5  rDev +30.2%

A: Clear light yellow. Looks very light. A small white foamy head that doesn't stick around. Lots of big bubbles.

S: Corn, sugar

T: Clean, mellow... hardly any flavor at all. Just a slight corn flavor. You can hardly tell this is beer.

M: Descent carbonation for what it is. This is just very very light bodied.

O: Despite its light, almost non-beer stature in individual scoring, I still like this as a refreshing drink. It's one of those classically easy-to-drink lagers that go good with a lawn barbecue or a good college football tailgate -- in settings where beer isn't necessarily the culinary focus, but having a couple refreshing easy-to-drink beers with friends is key. It's an American tradition... it would do many of us good to remember why we started drinking beer in the first place ;)

1.68/5  rDev -6.1%

12 oz can poured into a pint glass, a friend left this at my apartment, so i figured what the heck.

Appearance: 3 fingers of frothy white foam that quickly dissipates, suprisingly decent lacing. Very clear, looks like apple juice.

Smell: Corn, sugar, and water muddled together. Not much else there.

Taste: Also, not much here, a slight bit or corny grains and raw sugar sweetness, carbonated water.

Mouthfeel: Thin and very carbonated

Overall: During my college days i drank beers like this, not my style nowadays but, if its a hot summer day it would probably be better than gatorade. I like the term "lawnmower beer".

1.41/5  rDev -21.2%

I'm not even sure how this has as high ratings as it does, it might have to do with the fact they dye the beer to make it darker than it actually is. I would definitely choose this over miller lite buts thats like deciding between animal blood and urine. There is no head, no smell, its extremely light but if your a fatty and you think this will help keep the pounds off then feel free to drink this yellow dye

2.21/5  rDev +23.5%

Miller 64 is a lawnmower beer for sure. Obviously for those who are conscious about their carb intake but still have a hankerin for beer. I say....quality over quantity. Anyway...the beer pours yellow clear with good carbonation that forms a head...which dissipates over time. The smell and taste are typical...grain slight hop. Mouthfeel is nothing to describe really...more like water than beer. Overall its water with beer flavoring.

1.73/5  rDev -3.4%

I enjoy good, flavorful beer. I also can not see my toes. Considering that the good stuff is usually upwards of 200 calories, I can stand to drink a light beer or two. My wife hardly drinks at all anymore but when we go to parties we'll buy a 12 pack and she'll only drink two so we always have this in the fridge. This beer is not offensive, just not much there. Pale yellow with average mouthfeel. No smell to speak of. Tastes like nothing really. I guess 6 of these would be pretty refreshing and then by that point I guess you don't really care what it tastes like. Oh well. Just finished a 5 mile run and was feeling healthy so I tried one. I'll probably drink some more, but not because I want to. My gut says I need to. Like having sex in a canoe, indeed.

1.77/5  rDev -1.1%

12oz can poured into a nonic.

(A)- Pours a clear pale yellow color. Produced a decent pure white cap of froth. Lots of lace.

(S)- A sweet, almost sugary smelling rice and dry corn husk.

(T)- An extremely mild, almost bland rice and a sugary corn flavor.

(M)- A good carbonation level. Crisp and refreshing, but little to no flavor to speak of.

(D)- Very light and crisp with a refreshing finish. Easy to drink, but with this lack of really any flavor, I will gladly pass

1.23/5  rDev -31.3%

Are you really thirsty? Have you been lost in the Outback for a week without water? Or maybe you're on a strict diet. If this is the case, you might like this beer.

Of course, this is not a poor beer masquerading as a great one. You know what you're getting into here. So, there's nothing to do but tell the truth.

This beer pours a pale yellow and smells of nothing. It tastes as light as it looks. The lager flavor is faint, as if diluted. It's not that it tastes like the worst beer ever. It's just hardly there.

To sum up, drink if dehydrated. Otherwise, be afraid. Be very afraid.

1.86/5  rDev +3.9%

This is my cheap, low calorie go to beer. Overall, nothing too impressive. Good for a break between better and more alcoholic beers. This is a good replacement for water. Next to no taste and is fairly carbonated. The only good part of the beer is that it is cheap and cold. Still, better than Bud Light.

1.43/5  rDev -20.1%

I accidently picked this up for a get together we were having. I bought one case of 12 oz bottles. What a mistake.

It pours ok, a light head, and looks good, and that's where it ends. It tastes awful, lot's of fizz, not drinkable at all. It leaves no after taste.

Overall, I would never drink it again, ever.

Miller 64 from Miller Brewing Co.