Miller 64 - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller 64Miller 64

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  2.80% ABV

Beer added by: ZAP on 06-04-2008

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller 64 Alström Bros
1.82/5  rDev -14.2%

Might as well tick this one from my mystery box of beer at the local store. Really had to clean out my glass to make sure Maine's Lunch did not leave any godly deliciousness in there.

A-Very light in color. Fizzy head barely appears. No lacing really. Just Macro.

S-Very watery. Oh wait, this is 2.8%! There we go. Might as well start drinking those Non-Alcoholic ones at this point. Macro smell, but even more dumbed-down.

T-Yeah, that what I was expecting. Watery, and Macro-esqe flavor. Not too much to be said beyond this point.

M-Agua!

O/D-I guess I understand the concept behind this beer concerning the calories and what not. Nevertheless, this beer sucks. You would have to drink about seventy if your trying to get drunk, and by that point, the calories will probably add up. Boo. (795 characters)

2.04/5  rDev -3.8%

The 64!!! I could think of 64 reasons to drink this beer on a 93 degree day...alcohol content is not one of them.

The appearance is a crystal clear slightly bright yellow body with many carbonation bubbles popping around, foamy white head that dies quickly.

The aroma is nothing more than adjunct and water, all the way. Corn? I think? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure this beer is all adjunct.

Flavor comes in considerably sweet, which is odd with the low alcohol content...did they add artificial flavorings and sweetener? No particular good qualities, nothing terrible, a little grainy but beyond that beer water.

Good crisp mouthfeel, a little watery, but for the style good.

I certainly don't hate it like I do a lot of other light lagers. It is slightly respectable in its attempt to market itself as a 64 calorie beer. But it is so low alcohol it seems its only use is to swig when you are hot. (906 characters)

2.27/5  rDev +7.1%

12oz bottle, my final stop on the beer menu of a self-proclaimed craft beer friendly, chicken wings crazy, restaurant in Idaho Falls.

This beer pours a crystal clear, pale straw colour, with tons of thin puffy, foamy white head, which leaves a fair bit of stringy cotton ball lace around the glass in its hasty wake. It smells of very faint, indistinguishable sweet grain, and hard water. The taste is thin doughy malt, adrift in mineral water. The carbonation is very soft (low-carb, get it?), the body very light, and of course smooth. It finishes a bit surprisingly, the ghost of a sourdough loaf wafting about.

These types of further dumbed-down beers remind me of one thing - when you pour too much water into a cask-strength whiskey. At least then, you could fix it by just topping up with more whiskey. No such luck here, I'm afraid. (842 characters)

2.53/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

12oz can taken from a case, poured into a 12oz beer glass.

Appearance - Poured a perfectly clear lite yellow, about 1 finger of rocky white head, misc. sized bubbles - down to a cap in a minute. I'm actually getting some lacing here, a pleasant surprise. *After finishing the glass, I had solid defined lacing from top to the bottom of my glass, this alone will raise the appearance to a 3.0 for me, I'm a sucker for lacing ;)

Smell - From the can, metallics from the can over-ride the smell a bit, slight grain and sweetness. From the glass, lite grain smell, lite sweetness, all is pretty faint.

Taste - The strongest sensation is a crisp tingle from lots of carbonation. There is some slight grain taste, and some slight sweetness, slight dry breadcrust long in the finish.

Mouthfeel - Very lite and watered down, lots of carbonation, the carb adds a crisp finish. Very easy to drink, but not much for mouthfeel.

Overall - To be fair I must consider what this is - a 64 calorie lite beer. In comparison with other beers of this specific style I really can't knock it. In fact it's fairly refreshing after being in the heat, and I like being able to throw back a few of these quickly and not be buzzed or bloated - it's exactly what I want from a 64 calorie lite beer. (1,275 characters)

2.28/5  rDev +7.5%

Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 has a thick, but quickly dissipating, white head and a clear, straw appearance, with some lacing left behind. The aroma is a lighter version of regular MGD: corn & barley, plus sweetness. Taste is also similar to Miller High Life or the Genuine Draft: corn, sweetness, and that odd cooked vegetable flavor, but MGD 64 is like the regular ones with water added to half the glass. The mouthfeel is light and extremely watery, and MGD Light 64 finishes dull, veggie, and dry. Overall, this is poor, and I would recommend that you avoid it. RJT (570 characters)

3.03/5  rDev +42.9%

I already had a couple of beers and did not want to get loaded but still felt like drinking. So I opted for the MGD 64.
Pretty much as expected.
A weak, watery light beer, but I knew that going in.

It is weak on flavor, but I think it tastes better than the regular MGD.

Needless to say this is easy to drink. Goes down like Gatorade.

For what it is, its not half bad.

Give it a try if you want a low alcohol, low calorie, light beer that is refreshing and easy to drink. (482 characters)

1.19/5  rDev -43.9%

A:Very pale clear golden yellow color. Has just a few carbonation bubbles. Just a very small head with no retention or lace to speak of
S:Clean aroma, light corn and grain odor with a small amount of hops also noticeable.
T:Light sweet corn hoppy taste, very carbonated. Almost too watery and too crisp. The low alcohol content is very noticeable
M:Very thin bodied, somewhat good drinkability because it has just enough flavor not to taste horrible
O:Not a great beer in any way. Has good color but fails to impress in the other three categories. Not a beer that you would ever want to brag about or spend lots of money on (623 characters)

1.68/5  rDev -20.8%

This is a little better than Bud Select 55. Either way though this brew is weak. Far too light for anyone to enjoy on a quality level. This beer doesn't serve much of a purpose other than for economic reasons. Topping off at 2.8% ABV they should almost consider making this beer an NA brew. (290 characters)

2.16/5  rDev +1.9%

Canned: 02/28/2011. 12 oz. can at 42 degrees into a pint glass.

A: This pours a pale yellow color with a finger and a half of white head that lasts a little longer than expected and actually laces a bit. Obviously I was not expecting much here but the head holds well considering how weak this shit is.

S: Light corn sweetness and grass.

T: Lightly sweet corn, grassiness, and some very light hops.

M: The body is thin and watery with lots of carbonation.

D: This is as close to water as a "beer" gets. It is altogether unoffensive but only because it is so weak. (568 characters)

2.45/5  rDev +15.6%

A: Clear straw yellow typical of that of the usual light adjunct lager. A finger width head that actually lingered for a few moments before fading, moderate lacing left behind.

S: Ever so faint grains. Hardly any hop presence along with a slight grassy scent.

T: Faint grains along with a bit sweet hop presence. Not offensive, but not much there at all.

M: Very light feel with a pretty moderate amount of carbonation. Very smooth. Plenty of carbonation at the head.

D: Great drinkability. (498 characters)

2.09/5  rDev -1.4%

I think this is the most boring, bland beer I've ever had.

A- pale yellow with fizzy white head that fades fast and leaves spotty lace.

S- Corn, water, and earthy hops. Be careful not to snort the beer trying to find an actual smell.

T- Corn, water, and touch of hops.

M- Slightly fizzy, watery, bland, and thin

D- So boring, like fizzy water with a touch of corn. yawn. (376 characters)

Pours a clean/clear pale yellow color, some carbonation, little fizzy white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, very slight hop note, with some rice/corn thrown in. Light Body. Not Drinkable, not much of a beer. Would not buy again. (258 characters)

3.09/5  rDev +45.8%

Bottle poured into pint glass

Appearance: Pale yellow with a little lacing.

Smell: Cooked corn malts. I'm actually excited that this beer even has a smell.

Taste: Really crisp, a little too much so. A little bit of malt character, mainly corn. That's about it for this beer. Can't detect much in the way of alcohol, but at 2.8% that isn't surprising.

Drinkability: I can stomach this beer because it has some flavor; it is still a boring beer, though. In the realm of light beer's though, this brew is better than most. (525 characters)

2.75/5  rDev +29.7%

A: About as light/gold as a beer can get without being water.

S: Very sweet aroma but no character.

T: Sweet, light, not as totally horrible as I would have imagined.

M: Highly carbonated with a bite to it.

D: It's VERY surprisingly refreshing. Maybe after mowing the grass or washing the car and you need to gun a few to quench your thirst, this'll do.

Hey, you can't expect too much from something like this but it gets the job done - Low cal/drinkable/doesn't stink. (479 characters)

1.62/5  rDev -23.6%

12 oz. bottle - straight from the bottle.

A: Light and transparent, slight gold hue. Clear as day.

S: Sweet corn with a metallic note.

T: Sweet stainless steel flavor.

M: Heavily carbonated, similar to a 7up consistency.

D: Practically like drinking slightly sweet soda water. So you could imagine it's drinkable. (319 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +10.8%

12 oz. bottle - straight from the bottle (no sense dirtying a glass on account of this one)

A: Pale golden-yellow

S: Stainless steel. A little like something freshly wased (detergent?)

T: Light. More well rounded flavor than many other light macros. Suited for a hot day or a palate cleanser. Reminds me of generic mineral water.

M: Ultra-carbonated. Thin.

D: Actually very drinkable. Not in the delicious beer sense, but in the aforementioned mineral water/thirst quenching sense. I drink these now and then when I don't want to get drunk while slamming beers during a football game. (589 characters)

1.68/5  rDev -20.8%

had one lying in the fridge so figured id try it, poured from the bottle into a regular old pint glass

Pours like a soda, head stayed around for maybe 15 seconds. Light straw color, i can see straight through it.

I honestly can hardly smell a thing maybe some cooked veggies?

Taste is so watery, theres a grain like taste on the finish and a hop flavor in there as well but its more like an afterthought than a real flavor.

Super smooth, very crisp, no body at all

Its drinkable in the same way water is but if i want a beer im definitely not reaching for this. (566 characters)

1.72/5  rDev -18.9%

Miller Genuine Draft was admittedly popular with me when I was younger. This just showed my inexperience in different types of beer. After experimenting with other beers I realized this a piss poor beer. The appearance is nearly clear looking. The smell is twangingly awful. The taste is borderline wretched. The taste it leaves in your mouth is harsh. It immediately makes you want to wash out your mouth with soap. It was hard for me to drink just one. Almost painful to drink this beer. I'm not ashamed to say that I didn't finish the six pack I got and gladly did not care about losing the money I spent on this beer. Highly dislike and definitly deserves to be put in one of the circles of hell from Dante's Inferno. (721 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -10.4%

Now this is a big time tick. What a wale we have here.

A: The pour is almost clear, and I'm not exaggerating. The head is white and doesn't even stop to say hello before it disappears.

S: This pretty much smells like seltzer water. A little bit of rice and corn but otherwise, it's carbonic acid from the intense carbonation.

T: More of the same on the palate. The intense carbonation leaves hardly any room for taste (not that I was really expecting much anyway). Seriously, though, that's pretty much it.

M: The body is beyond light. Again, I'll invoke the seltzer water analogy.

D: I don't get the point of this beer. Sure, the 64 calories thing is cool, but you could just carbonate some tap water and have the same flavor with zero calories. (751 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -39.6%

Poured out of a clear bottle into a chilled glass, this beer produced a half finger head that disappeared before I could get a good look at it. No thin ring, no lacing. The color is light amber rating a 3 on the SRM chart. Bad smell, like that of a can of mushrooms that has just been opened...bad. I didn't know if I wanted to taste is, but I did. Bland, mushroom taste, with a little corn and rice. I guess I should expect much taste for 64 calories. Feels like water in my mouth, but a little dry. I will avoid this beer, as there are better light beers out there. Maybe this beer is just old, I don't know as there is no date on the bottle. (644 characters)

1.82/5  rDev -14.2%

Its lighter than light, is the damn bottle filled with helium? Doesn't even hit 3 on the ABV scale. A man's drink? I think not, how about a drink for 3 year olds with a bad headache...
Pours a nasty looking off straw color with high carbonation, virtually no head or lacing. Smells like air... well, it does not really release any smell. Tastes like piss. A quite terrible taste. Mouthfeel was just plain bad. High drinkability. (429 characters)

2.33/5  rDev +9.9%

They should have named this beer Miller Ghost because it's just not there faint smell, faint taste, very pale yellow color, and a soapy head that just vanishes. It was like drinking water that you have to have an ID to buy. It doesn't even have the redeeming quality of taking the edge of because of the low Abv percentage. MGD 64 might be a good brew to have if you wanted a couple of beers and were driving, but I like to keep it on the safe side and refrain all together. If you want to drink a beer then not be able to tell you drank one then go ahead and pick this one up otherwise just avoid (597 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +38.2%

mgd 64

a 3.5-4 clear light gold. one-finger head of relatively large bubbles, but the cap sticks around for a bit before shrinking to a disc. surprisingly, there is a little lace left behind as well.

s 3 faint cornyness, crackers, and a suggestion of hops

t 2.5-3 lighty flavored (obviously), fairly dry; the crackery malt is there if you search for it. the finish is a little too club soda though there is a bit of twang. if they'd just add a little more hops or something, this would almost be a respectable session (in the true sense) beer.

m 2 light and fizzy, too fizzy. this is one of those relatively rare occassions where the texture tell a different story than the appearance.

d 4 i really don't mind this stuff and think it has its place, like when you're outdoors or want another beer to cap things off but want to overdo. (839 characters)

2.7/5  rDev +27.4%

You guys are missing it with this beer. This is THE beer for those "rare" days when you have to drive a car after drinking beer.
At 2.8% every two of these you drink is like one IceHouse/normal macro swill.

Any other beers you can drink four of and likely be 100% safe if Johnny Law pulls you over?

Also, the 2g carbs and 64 calories equals zero hangover.

This isn't beer you drink to catch a buzz, or for the mouthfeel, this is beer you drink because you prefer beer to Pepsi and you don't want to kill someone's family drunk driving or pay $1000s in fines and insurance.

If you're home or have a designated, by all means grab that Old Stock Ale or Horn Dog and enjoy. But if you have to get behind the wheel, this is the only beer on the market I can drink three of and if I get stopped look the man in the eye and say "Yep, I had three beers, hand me the breathalyzer so I can be on my way."

That has a very real place in my world.

EDIT: I should note that the taste of this out of glass is not bad. It's not what I'd call "good" either, but it's better than the uber cheap stuff I used to buy when I was 18, and better than ANY soda by far. If a God appeared and said "You have a choice to make, this or any soda as a beverage for the rest of your life." I'd take this.
I'd probably take it in an either/or for life over my favorite (Old Stock Ale) for reasons outlined above. (1,388 characters)

1.65/5  rDev -22.2%

Two more "options" to end the night if you want to call them that. What an interesting beer day, with some of the best I have had starting the day/night, and finishing it late in the evening with two more off the bottom list.

Poured out a barely noticeable hay color with tons of carbonation and a large, fizzy white head of foam that last for mere seconds before falling back in on itself and leaving the top of the glass bare.

Aroma is non existent with barely a touch of corn and grain coming across and wet hay that lingers in the air. Clean, crisp body that is way overly carbonated and comes across more as over carbonated water then anything else. Light touches of corn finish and the taste is gone in three seconds. Very drinkable on a hot day, but no flavor really to speak of.

Why people drink these are beyond me, after a triple, this went down in three seconds. (877 characters)

Miller 64 from Miller Brewing Co.