Miller 64 - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller 64Miller 64

awful

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  2.80% ABV

Beer added by: ZAP on 06-04-2008

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 703 | Reviews: 224
1.2/5  rDev -33%

Served from a can into a pint glass.

Appearance- Almost clear, a slight yellowish tint.

Smell- Corn, rice, and slight stale hop oil.

Taste- Watery with a hint of hop extract. I'm quite unsure why someone would want to drink this. I'm really unclear if this is even beer.

Mouthfeel-umm it's like that water you get in europe if you ask for water with a meal, but do not specify tap water. bitter and carbonated.

This is pretty much intolerable, possibly used to say you're drinking beer, but not actually interested in taste or trying not to get buzzed at a party. This was given to me at a miller sponsered event that I won, while the Redwings game was fun, i'm actually sad I was exposed to the beers offered.

1.88/5  rDev +5%

Oh, come on? They call this beer? I can't say that it wouldn't be refreshing nor that I wouldn't drink it if there was ABSOLUTELY no other beer around, but unless it is the tribulation, I don't see that happening.
A: Looks like urine
S: couldn't smell anything
T: Like light beer poured over ice. There is a hint of something metallic, but. . .
M: Soda water
D: Considering you could drink a case and still be legal to drive. . . It is drinkable, but then what's the point?

So much for a slimmer waist line.

2.65/5  rDev +48%

From a friend while riding a Jeep through property he will be building a lake house on. Free and cold - from bottle on a Friday afternoon after work. Had three of them. Can you tell I am trying to say nice things? Actually, as far as "drinkability", Bud Light has nothing on this beer. This beer actually has some color, and a bit of taste. In the end a very watery, smooth beer. Light? Hell yes at 3% ABV and 64 FREAKIN CALORIES! Can I just order a case?

Not bad, it is what it is. Much better than Natty Light, Bud Light, etc. and way, way better than Coors Light.

Okay, a somewhat positive review of a "beer"?

2.01/5  rDev +12.3%

Was a clear yellow color very light in nature with a very small head. The smell was of really nothing mabye corn. The taste has the faintest little bite at the end, can't really tell what, maybe hops. The mouthfeel is light and slightly carbonated, you barely feel like you are drinking anything. Overall there is nothing awful about the beer, but it really isn't beer it nothing, i get the point but why bother.

2.03/5  rDev +13.4%

OK... my wife LOVES THIS STUFF.... however, she can't stand "THE DARK STUFF" that I drink. I accidently tried this when my friend BART was making a beer run to my basement.... he asked what I wanted... and I said "Surprise me".... and look what he brought upstairs to me.... THAT DIRTY BASTARD!

I cracked open the silver can and poured it into my pint glass. The head formed up to about 1" of snow white foam that immediarely disappeared to a whispy cap of nothingness. The color of the beer is urine yellow.

The nose is nearly non-existant. I tried like hell to sniff something and all I got was a faint grainy smell. It barely made it through the snot in my nose from this evening's dampness.

The taste: Kinda like making love in a canoe... if ya know what I mean.... it's F&*%in' close to water.... slightly fizzy and grainy.

Mouthfeel: Slightly fizzy and rather tasteless.... really, nothing offensive.... but what is the POINT?!

Drinkability: Yes, you can pound back about 100 of these and still wonder where the taste is....

Overall.... this is for the women looking to preserve their figures and not get fat from drinking tasty beer. I will never drink this again unless Bart gets me another one by pure accident.

2.4/5  rDev +34.1%

Poured from a 12oz can into a pilsener glass.

Appearance is a pale yellow gold with a foamy two-finger head that dissipates very quickly. Small amounts of light bubbly lacing.

Smell is not very present. Pretty much just a hint of grains and maybe malt.

Taste is like the smell, not really much there. A little bit of grains and a very minuscule hop presence.

Mouthfeel is watery and very light. Very thin.

Drinkability is not impressive to me. If your looking for flavor its not here, but if your looking for something that can be downed in large quantities then I think this would be for you. Just nothing impressive.

3.38/5  rDev +88.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pale yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading foamy head.I don't really get much on aroma.The taste is faint graininess.I know this isn't the most tastiest flavorful beer,but it fits well in the light lager category.I would buy again and recommend for summer outings.

2.96/5  rDev +65.4%

It was the last beer on the fridge shelf so i figured id review it.

Im keeping in mind this is a light beer so im reviewing based on how well the brewery kept to that style.

Poured from the can into a pilsner glass

A-clear pale amber color, slightly darker than some light beers ive had. Very bubbly, light head with little retention and hardly any lacing.

S-grainy, sweet scents hit the nose, a bit of a staleness afterwards

T-not bad for a light beer, grainy but not impacted with the sense that im eating cereal, not as watered down as similar light beers, a subtle hint of hops is present but just barely.

M-light and crisp, high carbonation, very refreshing on the palate, tingles the back of the tongue and goes down quickly with a soda like feel from the carbonation making this very refreshing to drink.

D-Overall a good drinkable light beer, perfect for tailgates and bbqs on a hot day, i wont buy a whole lot of it but its a nice standby for outtings/parties. a decent light beer.

1.7/5  rDev -5%

Appearance- There is nothing to report here. Straw yellow typical American beer. No head when poured and no lacing. A slick on top is all

Smell - There is really no aroma per say it is a lighter smelling Miller

Taste- It is like a beer with water poured in it nothing that sticks out as noteworthy.

Mouthfeel - Very crisp and clean. Nothing offensive but nothing good.

Drinkablity- It goes down smooth as water because that is pretty much all it is.

Overall- If you are watching your waste or a girl this is the beer for you. But in my opinion I will stick to my heavier beers but I won't bash anyone that chooses to drink this because we all have are own opinions on what is good

1.86/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

some dill-hole left this at the house after a party. I was bored and thirsty, which is a bad combo. 12 oz bottle poured into a pilsener glass. Half inch of white head that leaves lacing that looks like limeade pulp. Color is a pale light yellow.

Smell has a mild boiled corn that seems to be standard with Miller product. Taste is a thin watery mineral water. A little salty and like seltzer.

Mouthfeel is thin and watery. That's all that can be said about this.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A girl left this in my fridge so I figured.. eh.

Not good at all.

The biggest problem is that there is NO point to this beer.
Don't give me the low calorie thing.
Look, I do not drink beer for the alcohol. Honestly, I really don't. I will drink to get buzzed sometimes but I'm almost never drinking craft when I do this. I am at the bar, the beer pong table or at a tailgate pounding Coors Light or Yuengling.

90% of my beer consumption is craft and alcohol content plays no factor. Taste and the desire to try new things does.

That being said the market this product is aimed for is obviously NOT drinking for taste. They are drinking for booze. And this stuff has none. A beer has to have at LEAST one or the other to have a point. And this stuff has neither alcohol or taste.. so why drink it?

The color is light pale clear yellow. Actually it is probably less than yellow. Some reallly pale yellow. That being said, that isn't much different, color-wise, than a Bud Light, Coors Light ect. That being said, it does keep a head pretty well.

Smell is basically non-existant. Maybe a super-slightly sweet vague grain-y maltiness.

Taste is... not there. Maybe an ever-so-slightly crisp dryness at the end. But mostly nothing.

Mouthfeel? Decent carbonation but pretty watery (duh) feel on the palate. The combo of no taste and decent carbonation make it at least slightly quenching if super ice cold.

Drinkability? well, you could drink it all night I guess if you had to since there is nothing repulsive about it and it is pretty watery but there is nothing about its taste that would make you want to take another sip. A nice glass of water provides me more taste pleasure.
Still, it isn't BAD tasting exactly, has a slightly crisp edge and it is easy to down in a matter of seconds (given its lack of, well, anything) so it isn't gross and could be drunk easily if needed

Also, if you must drink this... get it in the can and put the cans in your freezer before opening them. Then at least it is icy when it goes down, because there is no taste to hide. Drinking it out of the glass is less enjoyable than chugging from the can.

2.19/5  rDev +22.3%

12oz clear twist off (not off to a good start already) bottle, poured into a shaker pint glass.

A: The head on this beer lasts surprisingly long, not as light as that piece of shit Michelob Ultra, here it's more of a corny golden straw, light but not like that watered down piss color that defines Michelob.

S: Water, whispers of malt, NO hops, none whatsoever, light hints of corny/fruity sweetness. Nothing offensive, just boring all around. It would be ostentatious to try and describe this beer's aroma as more than what is laid out above.

T/MF: Watery/fizzy mouthfeel, bad body and bad texture, not boring, just plain bad, I'd say Bud Light/Miller Lite feel better than this abortion. Sort of tastes like water that was squeezed out of a soggy piece of bread if the bread was made mostly of water. Really nothing going on here, the only thing that separates this from seltzer water is a slight, and I mean very slight, corny/bready twinge that is really more of an afterthought rather than an actual flavor that the brewer intended this beer to have.

D: Hard to argue that this beer would be bad after mowing your lawn on a hot day. As long as that lawn was the size of a football field and you had absolutely nothing else to drink.

1.65/5  rDev -7.8%

Poured into a pint glass from a bottle.

Color is best described as baby pee yellow with a plastic-like frothy head that never quite goes away.

Taste is almost metallic in nature and remarkably unrefreshing for a light beer.

Proof that alcohol counts when brewing beer. It actually tastes worse than many non-alcoholic brews.

1.86/5  rDev +3.9%

Had one of these sitting in my fridge after a recent party at my place.

Poured into my pint glass, just as the clear glass bottle suggested, a straw/piss yellow. Clear body leaving a small fizzy ring around the top with small traces of lacing.

Smells of ultra light grains and a trace of "saaz-like" hops.

The taste is lacking in every way. Super high carbonation and barely any "beer" taste. The taste reflects the simple nose, but has no depth.

Too light and too carbonated for my taste - no thanks.

1.98/5  rDev +10.6%

From the 12 fl. oz. bottle marked NOV2309-B06030432. Sampled on August 22, 2009.

A - Pale yellow with a short-lived bubbly head and constant carbonation.

S - Corny with a tad of malts in the background.

T/M - Mouthfeel is thin and watery and the taste is rather corny and bland. Nothing much here but it is only 64 calories.

2.11/5  rDev +17.9%

Appearance- very clear to golden yellow with light carbonation as bubbles stream the glass, nothing shocking

Smell- very light corn or grain, not much here really

Taste- Basically tastes like the watered down version of the miller genuine draft, very light watered down, not repulsive but just not much happening bland

Mouthfeel- just light and carbonated

Drinkability- I have to be fair and say that the drinkability has to be higher then the other categories because to be honest what would you rate water and thats basically what this, this beer has been actually really taking off because basically people just want to be able to drink and not feel bad about calories and gaining weight but really just not worth, personally if im gonna resort to drinking this id rather have a diet soda to be honest, not gross but blah

1.5/5  rDev -16.2%

If your beer standards are low, real low and you are on a diet, then this is the beer for you!

No taste really, alot of water! It will make you piss non-stop

MGD 64 should of came up with a more honest name for their product, hmmmm let me think "Miller Genuine Draft Water Flavored Beer 64" ! Yea that sounds more like it!

2.28/5  rDev +27.4%

My wife came home with a 6 pack of this beer from the grocery store and I just had to try one...

12oz bottle served in a pilsner glass.

Lighter than yellow with a very short-lived white fizzy top.
Grains is all I smell.
Light grainy taste, otherwise nothing else stands out.
Light bodied with burpable carbonation.
I goes down like water, but if I had too many I'd pee the bed.

1.93/5  rDev +7.8%

On vacation at the beach, brother-in-law came with a 30 pack.

A: Very light yellow, fizzy, minimal white head that dissipates to zero lacing.

S: Tough to get any type of smell, kind of metallic.

T: Corn and grain. I'm surprised to pick up the corn flavor. Before becoming a BA, I never thought about the swill I would drink. Now it is plain as day. Some stale bready flavors as well, nothing else. No hops detectable.

M: Light, watery, fizzy

D: Would need to drink 35 of these to get a buzz, only had 30 available.

Seriously though, If you only want 64 calories of beer, drink 2 oz of World Wide Stout.

1.83/5  rDev +2.2%

Trying to lose weight and was curious to see how a 64 calorie beer would taste. 64 calories is the catch and 64 calories is what you get.

A - Color is a pale yellow that pours a 1 inch white head that doesn't stay around long without any lace to speak of.

S - Smell is of corn and cereal but not skunky.

T - Better than some of the tradition swills but lacks any real flavor. Taste is slightly sweet , carbonated and finishes with a tingle in the back of the throat.

M - Very light, watery at best.

D - Slammin - meaning you drink can these like water and with a low ABV means a lot of them. But that just defeats the purpose of a low calorie beer.

I would recommend drinking less of a better quality beer to achieve the same means.

2.26/5  rDev +26.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Another brew courtesy of prototypic. Not really sure if props/thanks should be sent out for the chance to try this "fine" beverage from Miller Brewing. Expectations are low but the mind is open. Let's take a journey down Miller Brewing Boulevard and see what happens...

A - Pours a very, very pale yellow color. Head is white and looks soft for the most part. It tops out at just under half inch and only sticks around for about one minute. Lacing is present but minimal at best. Really, it doesn't look half bad.

S - Aroma starts out with corn and has some white bread thrown in for good measure. That is really about it. No background notes or anything else to speak of. Just corn and bread.

T - More corn comes through in the flavor. Seems a little dialed back compared to the nose. Could be a combination of pale malt and cereal that finishes it up. Flavor is really light and hard to pick apart.

M - Lighter bodied with an active carbonation that tickles the back of the throat. Finish just has no presence in this beer. A little sweet maybe?

D - Drinikability is average or a shade lower. The beer is easy enough to drink but the lack of aroma, flavor, and complexity on any level just takes away from the enjoyment too much. I guess you could say I'm surprised at the amount of flavor MB was able to wring out of the 64 brew but it still just comes up short in my book. Worth a try just for the experience.

To put it gently this is water with a splash of beer flavor thrown in.

A: Very pale yellow.

S: what smell? this smells like lake michigan tap water.

T: Like a uber light should. A beer that spilled into a glass of water.

M: Simple. Nothing off putting.

Overall it's not something I'm going to drink on a regular basis but, it's in heavy rotation where I come from. So I swallow one every now and then.

2.4/5  rDev +34.1%

Trying to lose weight and still have a few beers on a hot day. As good as any other Macro swill I guess, better than Budweiser. Good for lawn cutting day, and slamming it down at the beach where you don't want a heavy brew and high ABV. Can't really seriously rate this any deeper than this, but it does serve a purpose with 64 calories and low carbs.

1.8/5  rDev +0.6%

served from a bottle into a pilsner glass

Pours a very pale straw color, minimal head. Whatever. It looks about as appetizing as I expected, which is to say: not.

You can pick up faint whiffs of corn and cereal grain. Nothing else, really. Terrible.

Here's where this beer really surprised me. I was expecting the bad kind of typical light lager flavors, but I did not get that at all. Instead, I got... nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm not even exaggerating. This was seltzer water. If you really tried you could pick up some of the cereal grain, but that may have actually been imagination.

64 calories = thin, watery. it compliments the [lack of] flavor, I guess. Really carbonated for no reason. As for drinkability, this beer is immensely drinkable. It is as drinkable as water is, because that is all it tastes like.

I came into this travesty with an open mind, but even bad beer tastes like beer in some way. MGD 64 doesn't even try to taste like beer.

1.27/5  rDev -29.1%

We bought a whole bunch of cases of this beer at the bar which employs me because we were told that the Miller girls were going to come by and do a promotion. Well they came by, and only stayed for about 20 minutes, so we were left with A LOT of this beer left. We all choked it down in a few days to make room in our refrigerators.

Appearance- Pale yellow. Looks like it smells - cat urine.

Aroma- Very slight hints of corn, and that's it.

Mouth Feel- Beyond light. Like club soda.

Taste- As I said before, cat urine. Also tastes like tin, like bad tap water.

Drinkability- It's drinkable in that you can throw back 15 without getting that drunk, but that actually hurts the drinkability, since you cant get drunk enough quick enough to not care about horrid taste.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Miller 64 from Miller Brewing Co.