Miller Beer (Red Label) - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Beer (Red Label)Miller Beer (Red Label)

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: IrishRedRock on 08-20-2002)

Just saw this listed and figured I'd do my best to put my two cents in, even though it's been nearly 20 years since I've drank one.

When I was in my early 20's, this was the go to beer for my friends and I. My tastes have since become much more refined, so I doubt I would like this beer if I were to drink one today. I remember it being a lot like Miller High Life, but a little hoppier, and much sweeter. Probably why we liked it when we were kids. Alcopop didn't exist yet, and we hadn't yet developed an appreciation for beer. This was basically as close as we could get to soda and still get wasted off of it. I'm almost sure I'd hate this beer if I drank one today, but since I'm not completely sure I'm scoring it 2.0 straight down the board.

2.75/5  rDev -4.8%

2.25/5  rDev -22.1%

2.25/5  rDev -22.1%

2.5/5  rDev -13.5%

2.75/5  rDev -4.8%

3.5/5  rDev +21.1%

3.18/5  rDev +10%

Was marginally impressed with this, after expectations were so low the first time I had it.
Appearance was a little darker and more substantive than most Miller offerings. Aroma wasn't as offensive either. Its weird, it smells so good around the brewery, but the finished product often ain't so cool

Taste, I shit you not, there were hops in there. Not much, but discernable, which is rare despite the advertised triple hopping these days. In a pinch, you can tell this beer has all four requisite ingredients.

3.83/5  rDev +32.5%

Actually a great beer, just came out at a bad time. Smooth malt nose with slight traces of hops. Minimal adjunct noticable while cold, but coaxed out while the brew warms. Smooth and crisp, easy drinking and slightly heavier than the traditional Miller lite. Closer to a High Life Lite. Crisp and refreshing but slightly too seltzery.

2.98/5  rDev +3.1%

Not bad, slight foamy head.

The body was straw colored and week with a light fizz.

The taste was not bad, faint malt flavoring and the tiniest bit of hops. Not bitter not skunked nothing real bad here except that it's from Miller!

2.65/5  rDev -8.3%

drank a bunch at a beerbeque a while back, and this was one of the better american beers. it had some flavor to it that was not bitter and skunky as hell. there ya go, now it's gone, and i won't miss it, but i will remember it

3.25/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Ah, the original Miller beer. Miller "red" as we call it, from its red can. I got a few cases of this for free at my local, because it is no longer made and will not sell. It has been fridged for a long time though, and still tastes how it should, which isn't all that great anyway.

It is slightly sweet and feels like cheap beer. There is surprisingly more hop flavor than I expected. Who knows, maybe sitting for a few years has made some flavor appear. Anyway...RIP Miller Red, and thanks to George at the White Deer for the freebies.

Miller Beer (Red Label) from Miller Brewing Co.