Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

to view more.
Ratings: 3,330 | Reviews: 1,123
2.72/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

when i was a kid, maybe my first or second summer drinking beer and living away from my folks sometime during high school, my friends and i saw twelve packs of bottles of high life on a pallet display for 4.99 apiece. we thought, what a heck of a price, and we polled up all our spending money and bought the whole darn thing. i think it was gone in a couple of weeks with our crew of dudes, and i had officially had my fill of this beer long before legal drinking age. it was never a bad beer, but in that kind of volume, it really destroyed its welcome pretty quickly. i occasionally revisit it now, at weddings and such, and when i do, i appreciate the memories a lot more than the beer (fuzzy as they are). its tangy and metallic in an unflattering way, but with that said, thats sort of its signature thing, and i could pick this out from a crowd of one hundred other american adjunct lagers. its refreshing when really cold, poundable to a truly sickening level, and is always cheap. maybe not as cheap as it used to be, but still downright inexpensive. just light its lighter brother, i prefer it much better from the can than the clear bottle, something about it is very different. overall nothing special, but its an important part of american history and my personal history, so it has a place in my heart, just not very often in my fridge.

2.11/5  rDev -21.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Having to justify my rating with a review is highly annoying.

3.26/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

As far as cheap beer goes, not bad.

1.69/5  rDev -36.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

The "Champagne of Beers" is highly carbonated and tastes awful coming out of a can. Only way I can drink this is from the bottle. Used to get 40 oz. of these in college all the time. There's worse out there believe me.

3.3/5  rDev +23.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Like the look. Used to drink a lot of this beer back in the day. Had a chance to drink again this past weekend and remembered. That this in not a bad option. Not saying this is the best beer in the world but it's not awful either

3.15/5  rDev +17.5%

Old trusty! I can honestly say I am never ashamed to pick up a High Life and chug it down. It is watered down, mild, but still has that classic taste I remember. It is a beer you can have 12 of at a party and just finally start to catch a buzz!

1.64/5  rDev -38.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

I agree that the label is the only thing that saves this beer

2.08/5  rDev -22.4%

Beer - water. Nice Retro label, though.

1.75/5  rDev -34.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

This was probably the worst beer I've ever had.

3.41/5  rDev +27.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Good summer beer, I don't know why I like it so much. I love lagers.

1.63/5  rDev -39.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Just horrible every time I've tried it, and I have nothing against the big brewers.

3.44/5  rDev +28.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.75

Highly carbonated, but really, not that bad of a typical American adjunct. Good for hot wings and football.

1.83/5  rDev -31.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Miller is not the worst beer I have ever drank. However, it is very close. It has a big popularity because of the cost. Have heard it called fermented piss, while i don't agree I still don't enjoy Miller.

3.53/5  rDev +31.7%

Poured from a can. Golden and clear with good head. Cereal grain aroma, not much hop in the nose. Taste is good, good blend of hop and grain, not overly sweet. Good texture. Not a bad beer

3.24/5  rDev +20.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

When it comes to domestic macro-lagers. This is my standard.

1.53/5  rDev -42.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Miller high life: the champagne of piss water.

i love miller high life no matter how many other beers i drink high life has remained my go to no bullshit after work beer some people think price makes a beer better well from what i see the lighter the calories in the beer ,the lower the alcohol content the more fuckin money they want for it and the more i have to drink to get a buzz high life you drink two or three and the party is started

1.78/5  rDev -33.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

This is some truly terrible shit. I am a Miller Lite apologist but I can't really defend this sweet awful cidery mess.

Will turn your stomach if you have any kind of food in it at all. Intensely carbonated. My least favorite out of all bargain light beers.

1.75/5  rDev -34.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

You must be high to rate this beer high

2.96/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

From a bottle
This lager is not too sweet, as some critics say it is, the corn sweetness is not too bad and it's well balanced with the rest of the ingredients. Forget about the stupid beer logo and slogan "the champaign of beer" I wish MBC would get rid of that slogan already. This is just a good tasting AAL and very low priced.

2.9/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 3 | smell: 1 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Not a bad beer to just sit around and drink.

its wet and beer, nothing more.

3.8/5  rDev +41.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Has craft brewing ruined the party? Check out the legendary "Bros" rating. 80. Yup 80. Why? How could they? Is it because Miller High Life is, was, and always will be the best party beer on the market? You can bet your only can of "Heady Topper" it is. Try drinking 12 cans of Heady Topper. I guarantee you will puke. Not so with High Life. Light, crisp, slight hop taste with a wet finish. Easily put away 12 of these babies with no sickness or bloated feeling. No headache. High Life deserves more credit. It taught us all how to drink beers.

2.98/5  rDev +11.2%

pretty good beer to party with if u dont have that much cash

to view more.
Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.