Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

poor

good

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller High Life Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,366 | Reviews: 1,141

Good Beer for a beginning beer drinker. Cheap but you really can't compare this to craft offerings. For a BBQ or football night, this is perfect. Had some of these while watching the Kansas City Chiefs. I like a lot of football teams. Not really for one in particular. i do like the seattle seahawks.
Usually i crack open a pack of beer on the Uconn huskies games. Also UL and UK for basketball As well as the Boston Celtics. Watch nascar too. This beer goes well with all of those things. Also, goes good with my wings that i put in ghost pepper sauce.

Ok, so it looks like piss. Well, that makes it correct for the style. It smells like rotting hay and chemicals. Again, correct for the style. I'm not sure I can detect much taste. It's good on a hot day. It is a watery swill that glides down my binge drinking throat. I love this beer. It is like your first girlfriend that you fingered under the bleachers at a school PEP fest. Yeah, she looks pretty bad by today's standards, but I prefer to fondly remember faint memories while I erase the current...

i love miller high life no matter how many other beers i drink high life has remained my go to no bullshit after work beer some people think price makes a beer better well from what i see the lighter the calories in the beer ,the lower the alcohol content the more fuckin money they want for it and the more i have to drink to get a buzz high life you drink two or three and the party is started

I always drink Beer. It is delicious. I drink macros and micros and they all have a time and place. It's summer that means having friends over and hittin' the pool. Its hot and my names Harry and I like to party. I know for a fact that people reviewing the High Life negatively do not party. Great summer Beer. DRINK IT!

Keep in mind i'm rating this a 5 because i'm new to beer and this is the best out of what i have had. I don't really know what to describe the taste like, just kind of like... corn? sweet. I drink this because i didnt have a job and was not able to buy more expensive things. I have read however this has won the gold medal for best american style lager several times. I think i know why they call this the high life though. It makes you feel like you are living the high life due to the taste and quality for the price. Their advertising campaigns hit the nail on the head. This is a testament to working men and women. I got paid my first paycheck recently and i bought some of this, and i felt like i was drinking in style. This is better quality in my opinion than budweiser and its cheaper. There is a reason it rated highly in american adjunct lagers, as you categorize them on the site. Apparently the Alstrom brothers on this site agree with me. They gave it an 81. I think miller is the best out of the as you guys on the site call them the macro brews. Whether its fishing or a barbeque or fourth of july party this goes good with anything. I love this with a nice Hamburger and steak fries.

This has been my favorite American macro for many years. Smell is light (btw, I can't smell things that well). Nice head leaves a lot of lacing in it's wake. It's hard to nail down in words why it's so good. A robust flavor; characterized mostly by corn, light malt, and grain. Highly carbonated. Nice dry finish with no aftertaste. Tastes like beer!

This Shit is legit. Seriously.

4.85/5  rDev +81%

My other go to beer. When i need a change of pace from Coors Banquet, I go with MHL. A great summer beer when your BBQing or hanging out at the river. tastes great. MHL in the bottle is great. Cans arent bad either, but the bottled MHL tastes better to me. I love the classic look also. As bad as Miller light is...MHL is that good, lol.

4.82/5  rDev +79.9%

One of my favorites! Retains head for a while compared to most cheap beers on the market.

Looks like usual as a cheap beer should. Goes down easy and doesn't make you look like a poon while holdin a bottle.

And it leaves a thick residue on the glass from all the lace.

Hail Fredrick Miller!!

Official beer of me. WORD!

4.77/5  rDev +78%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Good in bottles bad in cans. You cant go wrong with this beer, its cheap and good.

4.75/5  rDev +77.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Miller High Life is a beer I used to drink often. like many folks, I switched to a Lite beer. After a few years of swilling various brands of light beer, I found myself at a place that sold out of Lite. So I ordered a High Life. Boy-oh-boy was it good. I had forgotten just how good a real beer tasted. Since I never drink more than two brews when I am driving, I always order Miller High Life now. "The Champagne of Bottled Beers", it is as true now as it ever was. it tastes like real beer.

4.75/5  rDev +77.2%

It says it right on the label- the champagne of beer. You get all the effervescence and character of a fine champagne with the drinkability and flavor of a light Pilsner. High enough abv to drink all day, but classy enough to impress a date. High-life truly has it all.

4.7/5  rDev +75.4%

I love this beer. I'll never understand the negative stigma this beer gets or how Miller Lite (which is LESS of a beer) COSTS MORE?!

The carbonation is the real gimmick of this beer, which just makes it extra easy to chug. When this beer is ice cold there are few better. Very pleasing to the palette, but its GOTTA BE BOTTLED! When you have it canned, you miss a little of the effervescence. This is right up there with Grain Belt Nordeast as the best AAL. Nothing that will blow you away but you could have 20 of these at a cookout and not feel full. I'm craving one right now.

4.65/5  rDev +73.5%

For a Pilsner I find this beer good, much better than most american beers. I think if people did a blind taste test they would rate it higher.

4.63/5  rDev +72.8%

I think this beer has a place and a purpose. I drink it at the beach, on fishing trips ,or while playing golf. It is also consumed in large amounts. That means it is good.

A- Light sunshine color.
S- Smells like the gulf of Mexico and sun tanning lotion.
T- better than water.
M- Crisp and clean
D- Like I said, It is consumed in large anounts.

Drink Responsibly!

-Bye

4.54/5  rDev +69.4%

It tastes in my opinion exactly like a Miller golden yellow beer should, but It's the carbonation that I just Love. Makes it feel so alive! I've never been a smooth beer drinker so Miller High Life is the perfect match for this guy :-) Cheers to livin' the high life

4.53/5  rDev +69%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is buy far the best beer for your money. Tastes great though maybe not less filling that high life lite. you can't beat that its tastes good and I only pay 7.99 for a 12ver of bottles. Not enough people appreciate a good crisp clean american lager. i poo on the beer snobs.

4.51/5  rDev +68.3%

It taste very much like Corona although it isn't as skunky as it once was, imo. I love the clear bottles, hey beer is pretty. Nice golden color. And the beer is defined by the corn. Of cheaper supermarket beers Miller isn't bad. If it was in cans, I'd opt for Old Milwaukee among the cheaper selectables, but in the clear bottles I'd grab the Miller High Life. It doesn't seem like there's really 12oz of beer in that little bottle. It goes fast.
True classic.

4.47/5  rDev +66.8%

Another one of my favorite beers. I love living the High Life.
Pretty cheap as well, about 17 a 30 case of cans. Definitely living the High Life.

Appearance: A tad bit misleading. Looks like piss the morning after drinking a whole hell of a lot the night before.

Smell: Smell directly from the can is very sweet with a hint of metal. Once poured out into a mug, the metallic smell completely disappears.

Taste: One of my favorites. Not only is it very refreshing on a hot day its also very refreshing on any day! Sweet and robust at the same time. Now dont let me convince you that I am saying it is very complex and intricate. It's definitely not. Just the best for its style IMHO.

Mouthfeel: Slightly creamy and perfectly carbonated.

Drinkability: Could easily slam these down one after another with no problem.

I HIGHly recommend the High Life.

4.46/5  rDev +66.4%

Miller High Life is one of my favorite American macrobrews. It's the Champagne of Beers, and I like it. Here are the details:

Appearance: This may come as a shock to you, but Miller High Life looks exactly like...beer.

Smell: The smell is uh...uh...unique. It flat-out doesn't smell like any other beer that I've come across. Pungent, but sweet. And it's strong -- the fragrance of Miller High Life will quickly fill up even the largest indoor room. If it gets too powerful, open a window and let your next-door neighbors feel the love!

Taste: No bitterness whatsoever. It's sweet. Not sweet like Oreo Cookies or Froot Loops, but sweet like a fresh, warm corn tortilla with unsalted butter on top. Much richer in taste than most macrobrews, in my opinion. Although it's budget-priced at the moment, Miller High Life has "premium beer" flavor, especially if it's in a glass bottle or on tap.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is amazing. It's an explosion of tingles and smooth-as-silk texture. A truly awesome experience.

Drinkability: Miller High Life goes down very nicely. You'll find that it flows very well after the first few sips. However, it can seem to be very filling if you're not used to it, even a little heavy at times, especially when compared to other American classics such as Bud, Coors Original, or Rolling Rock. So I would recommend drinking 2 or 3 bottles maximum with some pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc., and hold off on drinking it as a session beer until you're a veteran High Life drinker.

Vito says, "Try a Miller High Life. You might dig it!"

4.38/5  rDev +63.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

This is the champagne of beers - and for good reason. This is the beer of choice for folks that just want to drink beer. Those that want a beer that tastes like a double latte with 1 shot of vanilla, 1/2 shot of hazelnut, and light foamy milk, should try one of the microbeers in your area. However, at its current price point, packaging, and taste, you cannot go wrong bringing a 6 pack of high lifes to your best friend's bbq.

4.37/5  rDev +63.1%

I have no idea why miller doesn't make this it's main full flavor beer. This beer is cheap, yet it's one of their best.
What does one look for when drinking an american macro lager? He wants a smooth beer with some flavor, not too much (he wants it smooth and easy to drink a lot of). He wants a nice sweet smell as well. As far as american macro lagers, this takes the cake. Has nice flavor, and doesn't have that akward dryness that mgd has. Much better than MGD, miller needs to make this their main beer.

4.37/5  rDev +63.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Nice dry pale beer, first beer I ever had.

4.35/5  rDev +62.3%

This beer is really good.

4.34/5  rDev +61.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I really think this is an underrated beer. It is one of my favorite go to beers. I often drink it like a Mexican beer in the summer with some lime and salt. It's excellent and has a good refreshing flavor to quench your thirst on a hot summer day. I don't care much for Miller Lite, but regular Miller is the champagne of beers. One of my favorite American Lagers.

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.