Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

poor

good

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000)
View: Beers (28) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller High Life Alström Bros
ilovemacros

4.85/5  rDev +81%

My other go to beer. When i need a change of pace from Coors Banquet, I go with MHL. A great summer beer when your BBQing or hanging out at the river. tastes great. MHL in the bottle is great. Cans arent bad either, but the bottled MHL tastes better to me. I love the classic look also. As bad as Miller light is...MHL is that good, lol.

09-24-2012 18:20:38 | More by ilovemacros
hatecave09

4.85/5  rDev +81%

One of my favorites! Retains head for a while compared to most cheap beers on the market.

Looks like usual as a cheap beer should. Goes down easy and doesn't make you look like a poon while holdin a bottle.

And it leaves a thick residue on the glass from all the lace.

Hail Fredrick Miller!!

Official beer of me. WORD!

05-14-2012 04:26:48 | More by hatecave09

cjnuxoll

04-03-2013 03:28:41 | More by cjnuxoll
buck4you

4.75/5  rDev +77.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Miller High Life is a beer I used to drink often. like many folks, I switched to a Lite beer. After a few years of swilling various brands of light beer, I found myself at a place that sold out of Lite. So I ordered a High Life. Boy-oh-boy was it good. I had forgotten just how good a real beer tasted. Since I never drink more than two brews when I am driving, I always order Miller High Life now. "The Champagne of Bottled Beers", it is as true now as it ever was. it tastes like real beer.

04-08-2013 04:13:32 | More by buck4you

drich82

07-06-2014 21:19:12 | More by drich82
jbone78

4.63/5  rDev +72.8%

I think this beer has a place and a purpose. I drink it at the beach, on fishing trips ,or while playing golf. It is also consumed in large amounts. That means it is good.

A- Light sunshine color.
S- Smells like the gulf of Mexico and sun tanning lotion.
T- better than water.
M- Crisp and clean
D- Like I said, It is consumed in large anounts.

Drink Responsibly!

-Bye

05-07-2009 00:50:28 | More by jbone78
Unclebuck70

Idaho

4.56/5  rDev +70.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is buy far the best beer for your money. Tastes great though maybe not less filling that high life lite. you can't beat that its tastes good and I only pay 7.99 for a 12ver of bottles. Not enough people appreciate a good crisp clean american lager. i poo on the beer snobs.

07-08-2014 22:32:54 | More by Unclebuck70
lanechaffin

4.53/5  rDev +69%

It taste very much like Corona although it isn't as skunky as it once was, imo. I love the clear bottles, hey beer is pretty. Nice golden color. And the beer is defined by the corn. Of cheaper supermarket beers Miller isn't bad. If it was in cans, I'd opt for Old Milwaukee among the cheaper selectables, but in the clear bottles I'd grab the Miller High Life. It doesn't seem like there's really 12oz of beer in that little bottle. It goes fast.
True classic.

12-27-2009 04:44:31 | More by lanechaffin
weskerwannabe

4.51/5  rDev +68.3%

It tastes in my opinion exactly like a Miller golden yellow beer should, but It's the carbonation that I just Love. Makes it feel so alive! I've never been a smooth beer drinker so Miller High Life is the perfect match for this guy :-) Cheers to livin' the high life

01-16-2013 23:17:06 | More by weskerwannabe

Wisconsin

04-24-2014 00:17:01 | More by rustycrayfish
PapillonJohn

4.5/5  rDev +67.9%

Another one of my favorite beers. I love living the High Life.
Pretty cheap as well, about 17 a 30 case of cans. Definitely living the High Life.

Appearance: A tad bit misleading. Looks like piss the morning after drinking a whole hell of a lot the night before.

Smell: Smell directly from the can is very sweet with a hint of metal. Once poured out into a mug, the metallic smell completely disappears.

Taste: One of my favorites. Not only is it very refreshing on a hot day its also very refreshing on any day! Sweet and robust at the same time. Now dont let me convince you that I am saying it is very complex and intricate. It's definitely not. Just the best for its style IMHO.

Mouthfeel: Slightly creamy and perfectly carbonated.

Drinkability: Could easily slam these down one after another with no problem.

I HIGHly recommend the High Life.

11-15-2010 08:02:15 | More by PapillonJohn
Vito

4.47/5  rDev +66.8%

Miller High Life is one of my favorite American macrobrews. It's the Champagne of Beers, and I like it. Here are the details:

Appearance: This may come as a shock to you, but Miller High Life looks exactly like...beer.

Smell: The smell is uh...uh...unique. It flat-out doesn't smell like any other beer that I've come across. Pungent, but sweet. And it's strong -- the fragrance of Miller High Life will quickly fill up even the largest indoor room. If it gets too powerful, open a window and let your next-door neighbors feel the love!

Taste: No bitterness whatsoever. It's sweet. Not sweet like Oreo Cookies or Froot Loops, but sweet like a fresh, warm corn tortilla with unsalted butter on top. Much richer in taste than most macrobrews, in my opinion. Although it's budget-priced at the moment, Miller High Life has "premium beer" flavor, especially if it's in a glass bottle or on tap.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is amazing. It's an explosion of tingles and smooth-as-silk texture. A truly awesome experience.

Drinkability: Miller High Life goes down very nicely. You'll find that it flows very well after the first few sips. However, it can seem to be very filling if you're not used to it, even a little heavy at times, especially when compared to other American classics such as Bud, Coors Original, or Rolling Rock. So I would recommend drinking 2 or 3 bottles maximum with some pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc., and hold off on drinking it as a session beer until you're a veteran High Life drinker.

Vito says, "Try a Miller High Life. You might dig it!"

09-08-2007 23:04:17 | More by Vito
reddragon13

Washington

4.45/5  rDev +66%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

This is the champagne of beers - and for good reason. This is the beer of choice for folks that just want to drink beer. Those that want a beer that tastes like a double latte with 1 shot of vanilla, 1/2 shot of hazelnut, and light foamy milk, should try one of the microbeers in your area. However, at its current price point, packaging, and taste, you cannot go wrong bringing a 6 pack of high lifes to your best friend's bbq.

03-22-2014 00:01:05 | More by reddragon13
rvonhagen

Washington

4.38/5  rDev +63.4%

I want to place two thoughts into consideration. Let's compare macro brews with other macro brews. Let's also consider that union brewed beer produces family wage jobs which are more important than ever today. I like to think that my enjoyment of this beer is good for our economy. Miller High Life should be considered a "Classic Beer" with these considerations. The head is unique for macro brews. The creamy mouth feel can seem luxurious when only a lighter beer will satisfy my dry. The taste is consistently good for this style no matter how many glasses you drain. Along with PBR it is truly the working persons (or students) best option if you like to have six or more at a time without blowing out the budget and you want something that is refreshing and tastes good. I am very thankful that Miller High Life is still available at a reasonably low cost. This is known as "The High Life" for those of us who like to drink beer frequently within our budget. I envy anyone who can afford to do this with micro brews. I am willing to label Miller High Life as the champagne of beer for the common person. It deserves a lot of respect for this reason in comparison with other beers in it's class.

03-12-2011 11:49:46 | More by rvonhagen
jasonjlewis

4.35/5  rDev +62.3%

I have no idea why miller doesn't make this it's main full flavor beer. This beer is cheap, yet it's one of their best.
What does one look for when drinking an american macro lager? He wants a smooth beer with some flavor, not too much (he wants it smooth and easy to drink a lot of). He wants a nice sweet smell as well. As far as american macro lagers, this takes the cake. Has nice flavor, and doesn't have that akward dryness that mgd has. Much better than MGD, miller needs to make this their main beer.

06-27-2006 21:23:54 | More by jasonjlewis
BigD1972

Rhode Island

4.33/5  rDev +61.6%

When it comes to macro brew beers, Miller High life is the best. What better way to end a hard day at work than by cracking open a bottle of High Life.

Bud, Coors...you must be crazy!!! If you want a tastey beer at a tastey price, join the common sense movement ant vote HIGH LIFE!!!

10-25-2008 20:16:12 | More by BigD1972
JohnSnowNW

4.33/5  rDev +61.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

It's a good example of an AAL. Not perfect, but a good example of the style. I use, and typically use, AALs when boiling brats or insertion into the business end of a whole chicken (for grilling).

A: Golden.
S: Corn
T: Corn.
M: Light and effervescent, with slight astringency in finish.

07-31-2013 18:14:43 | More by JohnSnowNW
SpencerSauce

4.3/5  rDev +60.4%

As far as Miller goes, high life is my favorite of them all. Maybe my favorite macro lager. I just love the effervescence when drank straight from the bottle. This is the champagne of beers, of course behind la fin du monde.

Poured into a pilsner glass.

A- golden, clear, very bubbly, minimal head retention. No lacing. Bright white foam.

S- a smell like corn. i can discern no hops. a very macro smell if you can dig it.

T- a medical like taste, or metallic taste. I would think the medical taste refers to pheynols but i wouldnt call this beer phenolic. a grainy taste, though adjuct they are.

M- this is one of the reasons i turn to high life. crisp and effervescent. light and refreshing. I could do the miller high life commercial. It is just light and crisp.

D- This is one of the most sessionable beers i have ever had. I would rather session with SNPA but if i havent the cash-money, i will turn to my friend mr 3.29 a sixer.

I rate beer according to style and this being my fav macro lager it gets an A.

if you dont agree i dont care. Beer advocate would be nothing if all we did was bash macro lagers.

08-07-2009 04:28:31 | More by SpencerSauce
Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.