Miller High Life | Miller Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |
poor
good
Read the review

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States | website

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

Reviews: 1,101 | Ratings: 3,561

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up)

Absolutely the most frothy beer I've ever had in my life. I can't think of one positive thing to say about this beer. I can't even say it's cheap because Natural Light and Keystone Light are cheaper than High Life. The moniker "the champaign of beers" is dead on. Translucent piss yellow appearance with no real flavor and a consistency that turns to foam the moment it touches your tongue.

How this beer has achieved a better score than Budweiser is a mystery to me.

Tried some from a pitcher at the Pirate's Adventure in Orlando. Keeping my streak alive of not paying for a beer I am positive I won't like. Fizzy yellow crap, and I would rather eat belly button lint than pay for something like this. High life indeed.

Had this when we ran out of beer during a party at a family member's.

Appearance: Transparent yellow, reminiscent of piss.

Smell: Corn, carbonated water.

Taste: Nothing. This was just off water it was so week. This was pretty much the low point of the drinking experience.

Mouthfeel: Nothing special, may as well have been club soda

I have always subscribed to the "respect beer" theory but this one makes it hard. I can respect craft brewers who put work into their beers but this isn't that. This is mildly alcoholic water with the single purpose of being drank with a funnel and hose.

1.03/5  rDev -63.3%

First had: bottle at ?

Pours a clear straw color with pleasant bubbles and a delicate, tiny white head. Nice, right? Weak aroma of grains and skunk. Thin tasting, with minerals and stale grains, metallic, and a skunky aftertaste. Light, fizzy, and a very weak drinkability. To be avoided.

1.06/5  rDev -62.3%

Nothing I can add to the numerous bad (and spot on) reviews, other than to say this swill is instant "headache in a bottle".

Seriously. Took 3 sips and I could feel the hangover just waiting to pounce.

I used to enjoy this years ago when I was a kid looking to get a buzz on. Lord knows how ...

Simply awful.

1.06/5  rDev -62.3%

This honestly has to be one of da nastyes beer I ever tasted,
It smells like metal , dead skunk with a chemical taste to it... man color like piss....flat taste like water, no wonder its so cheap

1.06/5  rDev -62.3%

Me and my brother bought a 12 pack a couple months back, and I have got to say this is By far one of the worst beers I've come across, I typically like cheap beer too but this tasted like piss mixed with rat poison, It does have a good pilsner look, the smell is of sulfer (atleast it was when I bought it) its taste was terrible, far too much carbonation, mouthfeel, like I previously stated way to carbonated, overall I'd drink this beer if you bought me one, but thats the only time I would, never going to buy this sludge again.

1.08/5  rDev -61.6%

Situation: Watching Celebrity Apprentice...
Glassware: Ommegang pokal...
Appearance: Sparkling, bubbling--the champagne of beers! Ragged bubbling head sports an uneven head in time...
Aroma: pungeant, sharp scents reminiscent of Saaz--and ferrous oxide...
Palate: soft, inoffensive with a wash-down-whatever consistency....
Taste: Beefy finish--a la a Slim Jim--culminates a hopless introduction and a swift, bland but crisp body...
Overall: When I think of the High Life, I think of (in this order): Brother Jer, bad gas, and a case that costs half of what I usually spend. Still, Yuengling's price iss comparable, and sentimentality cannot offset the fact that this beer pairs best with popcorn and Silo cups...

1.08/5  rDev -61.6%

Sweet and metallically bitter. Bit cloying. Not rating this against like Heady or anything, but rating it against it's contemporaries, which are marginally better than this.

1.09/5  rDev -61.2%

This beer is horrible. It doesn't look too bad, but open it up and experience the crappiness that is High Life. It smeels horrible and tastes even worse. No matter how cheap it is and how tempting it may be, do not buy Miller High Life. Pick up Pabst Blue Ribbon instead. Champagne of beers my ass.

1.12/5  rDev -60.1%

There is not a lot to say about this beer that is good, not for me anyway. The beer is a nice light gold colour that is reminiscent of American lagers. There is no discernable smell to speak of nor is there any discernable taste. The mouthfeel is very watery with hints of carbonation. Overall this is not a beer that I would try again, nor is it a beer that I would recommend to others.

1.12/5  rDev -60.1%

what can i say about the beer of champagnes that hasnt already been said? to me high life is the lowest possible beer you can buy. tastes gross too fizzy, and doesnt even get you drunk unless you drink like twenty while running laps. corpo junk brew.if you havent had it then dont worry im sure youll be able to see it at every store in the entire world.

1.15/5  rDev -59.1%

Another Miller's product I had the misfortune to encounter while on holiday in Tobago.

'The Champagne of beers' my arse!

Clear 12oz bottle of almost clear looking watery liquid which when poured produced no head or aroma what-so-ever.

Why do people buy such tasteless fizzy rubbish? I did, not knowing 'high life' really means 'low life' in American brewing advertising. I won't be making that mistake again.

1.2/5  rDev -57.3%

Pours a light yellow color with some head that wears off. Aroma is very corny and sweet. Taste is somewhat bland though. Very light taste of corn adjunct. Really nothing like the label says (not really a surprise there). I'll even venture as far as to say that I prefer Miller Lite to this.

Jun 20, 2009

12oz. bottle.

Drank a lot of this back in the day as it was a big favorite of my brother. I never could get into it. Always had a real syrupy mouthfeel for a pale lager which defeated a lot of the refreshment purpose of these types of beers. Flavor was very standard for the style. Gimme a PBR over this any day!

1.2/5  rDev -57.3%

Appearance - Pale with very little color. Little foam or lace present
Smell - Corn and not much else
Taste - Skunky and green, the cheap corn taste comes through.
Mouthfeel - a lot of carbonation, not much else.
Drinkability - Poor. this is another example of a poorly made mass produced beer.

1.22/5  rDev -56.6%

A: Had this in a can, so can't really say.

S: Not much here. Typical lager aroma maybe.

T: I'd like to say that it wasn't horrible. I think insulting these types of beers can come out of snobbery, but man was this bad. I get old fruit, corn juice, and grassy water. That's really it.

M: Light and flat.

O: Not the worst, I have to say. I've had some craft beer a lot worse than this. But this was pretty bad. Couldn't really finish the can.

1.22/5  rDev -56.6%

(12 oz. can)
Miller High Life is a very sparkling light golden lager with an ample white head. It actually has good retention and leaves good lacing. How about it. The aroma is faint and of corn and butane. It is watery and slightly bubbly on the tongue. There isn't really any flavor except for maybe some strange chemicals.
(rated May 26, 2007)

1.25/5  rDev -55.5%

Had this with my dad after spending a weekend rebuilding a porch. There was some of these left over in my fridge from an earlier party. I was too hot and tired to be able to really enjoy a good beer. I figured that this couldn't hurt...wrong!

It's a clear, watered down apple juice yellow. It is super fizzy, so it creates a massive head, almost had a spill over. Usually this is an attractive feature to me, but this was over doing it. Smelled like corn. Tastes like corn oil. Mouthfeel is light, fizzy, and oily.

I physically cannot drink cheap macro beers anymore. Whenever I do, I get an upset stomach.

1.26/5  rDev -55.2%

A: Fizzy. Yellow. Bubbly head dissipates quickly. Seriously, I poured this thing less than 30 seconds ago, and it's about halfway gone. A little bit of fizz sticks around on top an leaves some light lacing.

S: Corn and vomit. I'm not kidding. This stuff actually smells like vomit. But at least it smells like vomit that's cut with corn.

T: Lots of corn. Lots of water. Tastes a little metallic. Puzzling since I'm not drinking it from a can. Sort of gets this nasty spoiled grain taste as it warms a bit. I can't taste any hops to speak of, but I assume that since this is technically able to be sold as beer, they're there. Drink this ice cold. And fast if you can choke it down.

M: Sort of fizzy and thin, but not awful. This is the best thing about this beer.

D: This beer is so gross I can only drink one of them before wanting to move on to something a bit nicer to wash the taste of it out of my mouth.

I'm generally not one to trash a beer this thoroughly, but this might be one of the worst beers I've ever tasted. I figured it'd be inoffensive enough on a hot summer day, but I was wrong. Should've stuck to Pabst.

1.26/5  rDev -55.2%

Skunked? Gosh, it’s not supposed to be, with its isomerized hops and all. Tried it from the bottle, tried it in a glass, both gave me a big mouthfeel of some plastic dissolved in it. Gotta say it loudly: THIS IS NOT BEER! It’s the Champale, not the Champagne, of beers.

1.28/5  rDev -54.4%

I used to drink this stuff all the time, so I decided to revisit it. At $10.49 a case of bottles, it is extremely cheap. Crystal clear golden color, with a short lived white head. Smells of corn and malt. Tastes extremely sweet, and gainy, not very good at all. Not a beer to buy.

1.28/5  rDev -54.4%

Not a very good beer here. It pours a golden yellow color and actually has a nice foamy head, but other than that, there's not too much to excite about. It smells like grains and bread and it tastes like pure bread. I guess there's a little grain and ass flavor in there too, but I really dont understand why it tastes and smells so much like bread. A lethal amount of yeast or something? I guess this one might be okay if you want to tip back 30 of 'em and get hammered all day, but dont count on it tasting very good.

1.31/5  rDev -53.4%

I picked up a four pack at a gas station half and hour before new years, this seemed to be the least nasty of what was offered. I have seen others comparing the appearance to urine; that is a lie, drinking urine would be an improvement. Pours an incredibly foamy white head; the stench emanating is reminiscent of unscented laundry detergent, rotting vegetable matter, and metal. Has a bitter sensation unlike a good IPA; imagine consuming arsenic or rat poison, same idea. Oily, sudzy, metallic, non edible are ways to describe the mouthfeel. Drinkability is up there with battery acid, your body will know this is not something to be consumed in any quantity and respond with near instant objections.

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.