Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

poor

good

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller High Life Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,073 | Hads: 3,376
1.09/5  rDev -62.4%

This beer is horrible. It doesn't look too bad, but open it up and experience the crappiness that is High Life. It smeels horrible and tastes even worse. No matter how cheap it is and how tempting it may be, do not buy Miller High Life. Pick up Pabst Blue Ribbon instead. Champagne of beers my ass. (298 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -61.4%

There is not a lot to say about this beer that is good, not for me anyway. The beer is a nice light gold colour that is reminiscent of American lagers. There is no discernable smell to speak of nor is there any discernable taste. The mouthfeel is very watery with hints of carbonation. Overall this is not a beer that I would try again, nor is it a beer that I would recommend to others. (387 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -61.4%

what can i say about the beer of champagnes that hasnt already been said? to me high life is the lowest possible beer you can buy. tastes gross too fizzy, and doesnt even get you drunk unless you drink like twenty while running laps. corpo junk brew.if you havent had it then dont worry im sure youll be able to see it at every store in the entire world. (354 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -60.3%

Another Miller's product I had the misfortune to encounter while on holiday in Tobago.

'The Champagne of beers' my arse!

Clear 12oz bottle of almost clear looking watery liquid which when poured produced no head or aroma what-so-ever.

Why do people buy such tasteless fizzy rubbish? I did, not knowing 'high life' really means 'low life' in American brewing advertising. I won't be making that mistake again. (411 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -58.6%

Pours a light yellow color with some head that wears off. Aroma is very corny and sweet. Taste is somewhat bland though. Very light taste of corn adjunct. Really nothing like the label says (not really a surprise there). I'll even venture as far as to say that I prefer Miller Lite to this. (290 characters)

Jun 20, 2009

12oz. bottle.

Drank a lot of this back in the day as it was a big favorite of my brother. I never could get into it. Always had a real syrupy mouthfeel for a pale lager which defeated a lot of the refreshment purpose of these types of beers. Flavor was very standard for the style. Gimme a PBR over this any day! (327 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -58.6%

Appearance - Pale with very little color. Little foam or lace present
Smell - Corn and not much else
Taste - Skunky and green, the cheap corn taste comes through.
Mouthfeel - a lot of carbonation, not much else.
Drinkability - Poor. this is another example of a poorly made mass produced beer. (293 characters)

1.22/5  rDev -57.9%

(12 oz. can)
Miller High Life is a very sparkling light golden lager with an ample white head. It actually has good retention and leaves good lacing. How about it. The aroma is faint and of corn and butane. It is watery and slightly bubbly on the tongue. There isn't really any flavor except for maybe some strange chemicals.
(rated May 26, 2007) (346 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -56.9%

Had this with my dad after spending a weekend rebuilding a porch. There was some of these left over in my fridge from an earlier party. I was too hot and tired to be able to really enjoy a good beer. I figured that this couldn't hurt...wrong!

It's a clear, watered down apple juice yellow. It is super fizzy, so it creates a massive head, almost had a spill over. Usually this is an attractive feature to me, but this was over doing it. Smelled like corn. Tastes like corn oil. Mouthfeel is light, fizzy, and oily.

I physically cannot drink cheap macro beers anymore. Whenever I do, I get an upset stomach. (612 characters)

1.26/5  rDev -56.6%

A: Fizzy. Yellow. Bubbly head dissipates quickly. Seriously, I poured this thing less than 30 seconds ago, and it's about halfway gone. A little bit of fizz sticks around on top an leaves some light lacing.

S: Corn and vomit. I'm not kidding. This stuff actually smells like vomit. But at least it smells like vomit that's cut with corn.

T: Lots of corn. Lots of water. Tastes a little metallic. Puzzling since I'm not drinking it from a can. Sort of gets this nasty spoiled grain taste as it warms a bit. I can't taste any hops to speak of, but I assume that since this is technically able to be sold as beer, they're there. Drink this ice cold. And fast if you can choke it down.

M: Sort of fizzy and thin, but not awful. This is the best thing about this beer.

D: This beer is so gross I can only drink one of them before wanting to move on to something a bit nicer to wash the taste of it out of my mouth.

I'm generally not one to trash a beer this thoroughly, but this might be one of the worst beers I've ever tasted. I figured it'd be inoffensive enough on a hot summer day, but I was wrong. Should've stuck to Pabst. (1,129 characters)

1.26/5  rDev -56.6%

Skunked? Gosh, it’s not supposed to be, with its isomerized hops and all. Tried it from the bottle, tried it in a glass, both gave me a big mouthfeel of some plastic dissolved in it. Gotta say it loudly: THIS IS NOT BEER! It’s the Champale, not the Champagne, of beers. (271 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -55.9%

I used to drink this stuff all the time, so I decided to revisit it. At $10.49 a case of bottles, it is extremely cheap. Crystal clear golden color, with a short lived white head. Smells of corn and malt. Tastes extremely sweet, and gainy, not very good at all. Not a beer to buy. (280 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -55.9%

Not a very good beer here. It pours a golden yellow color and actually has a nice foamy head, but other than that, there's not too much to excite about. It smells like grains and bread and it tastes like pure bread. I guess there's a little grain and ass flavor in there too, but I really dont understand why it tastes and smells so much like bread. A lethal amount of yeast or something? I guess this one might be okay if you want to tip back 30 of 'em and get hammered all day, but dont count on it tasting very good. (519 characters)

1.31/5  rDev -54.8%

I picked up a four pack at a gas station half and hour before new years, this seemed to be the least nasty of what was offered. I have seen others comparing the appearance to urine; that is a lie, drinking urine would be an improvement. Pours an incredibly foamy white head; the stench emanating is reminiscent of unscented laundry detergent, rotting vegetable matter, and metal. Has a bitter sensation unlike a good IPA; imagine consuming arsenic or rat poison, same idea. Oily, sudzy, metallic, non edible are ways to describe the mouthfeel. Drinkability is up there with battery acid, your body will know this is not something to be consumed in any quantity and respond with near instant objections. (702 characters)

1.32/5  rDev -54.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.25

Look is typical of American adjacent lagers. Smell is if metallic copper and iron with hits of stale grain. Taste is even worse at first you get dank grains then taken by overpowered metallic funk. This stuff tastes like a result of a bar fight, just metallic blood and left over beer. Feel is very much like champagne like the name suggests. Overall is terrible. I would have to be very sloshed to drink this and not want to punch a stranger from the funky twang it leaves in your mouth. (488 characters)

1.32/5  rDev -54.5%

Miller High Life was not a pleasant drinking experience. The gold coloring falsely implies a clean refreshing taste, however, the taste was just bad. It really was like a massive rush of metallic slopiness hitting my taste buds at one time and I was unable to finish the beer. I would recommend Miller Genuine Draft and Miller Lite over High Life. (347 characters)

1.34/5  rDev -53.8%

Well this was a disappointment. I enjoy the Miller Genuine Draft and saw this (The Champagne of beers).

I now know that Champagne of beers is another way of saying, all the left over crap in the brewery mixed into an attractive bottle.

I think the taste would be the same as drinking diluted rubbing alcohol.

On the bright side this beer is inexpensive. (357 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -53.4%

This beer made me physically ill...I know its on the cheaper end, but given the poor quality i still felt ripped off.

The appearance is a light shade of bum-urine.

Smell is of stagnant water and hops, or whatever they scraped off the brewery floor.

What can i say about the taste? there is none to speak of, it was a chore to get this shit down my throat.

Mouthfeel was extremely watered down as i expected,i can't imagine the type of people that enjoy this.

This beer is un-drinkable in every way,but im sure there's some man/woman out there driving down the road, singing along to ac/dc, waving their welfare check out the window, that can't wait to get some. (666 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -53.4%

This is quite possibly the worst beer I have ever had. Actually, it is. My friends and I thought this would be a good change from National Bohemian since this was on sale for 11 bux for a 30pack. A hell of a deal in my book. Turns out, I will never buy or drink this beer no matter what ever again. I'd rather be sober as a bird than drink this garbage for free.

Upon opening the beer and pouring into the glass, there was a TON of head! About 3 fingers. Head is usually associated with a good beer in my opinion like Sam Adams, Magic Hat, etc., but not this beer.

The smell is that of a typical macro-brew except -1. The taste is slightly better than that of a National Bohemian. Those of you that aren't familiar with National Bohemian it is an extremely cheap beer that is only about 10 dollars for a 12 pack. It is purely a Maryland domestic beer, but it is the best value for your money. NB is of a slightly less caliber than Coors Light. But anyway, High Life's mouthfeel is horrible and has a foam feel to it when it's in your mouth.

The drinkability is even more horrible as well as this beer makes you extremely full extremely fast. Also the next day you feel like a complete fat-ass when you roll out of bed and you can just feel it latch onto your fatty-liver and gut.

When you look at your glass afterwards, you can see all the foam and sugars latch onto the glass of your beer and it's really quite disgusting. I've never had such an experience with such a cheap macro-beer. Sam Adams, I get the residue in the glass, I understand it and it doesn't look dirty, it looks natural. High Life looks utterly disgusting and you just wonder what the hell it's doing in your stomach.

If your having a party and you really feel like skimping out on the beer without skimping out on quantity, get this I suppose. I'd rather drink any other macro-beer besides this. At least scum-beers like Natural Light and Busch Light don't make you so damn full.

Oh, and as far as power hours go, DO NOT USE THIS BEER! (2,018 characters)

1.36/5  rDev -53.1%

This beer is rather bitter and nothing special compared to the rest of the American Macro Lagers I have tried. I really think they could up the ante on such a hyped up beer. The carbonation is super low and it's not one bit crisp on the tongue, either. All I taste is stagnant fizzy water that seemed to have been passed through a bag of metallic minerals. (356 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -52.4%

A: Slightly golden with an okay white head and some carbonation.

S: Some hints of grain in addition to the smell of adjuncts.

T: Not at all good. Almost tastes like fake beer with metal in it.

M: Too much carbonation and a weird metallic vibe to it. Feels and tastes like I bit my tongue.

D: Same as the mouthfeel. Absolutely stay away from this one. As far as I'm concerned, the worst of the macros. (405 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -51.7%

Pours a piss yellow with no head. Smells of hardly anything, hints of grain and bread. Tastes bad, but honestly the best Miller offering. Tastes like 2 year old cereal. But not as bad as most macros. Had this at a party, and I won't have it again. I like how every review of this beer has to have an explanation as to why they had it. Anways, avoid this. (354 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -51.7%

Well, I didn't have much money for this week so I though I would pick up a 12 pack of canned, yellow fizzy stuff for $6.99 just to last me the week. They call this "The Champagne of Beers" apparently due to the unusually high amount of carbonation and lack of taste.

Pours to a HUGE head that just sat there for a good few minutes before subsiding. The taste on this is...ummm...hmmm...taste....can you really adequately describe the taste of water? This tastes just like that. Yet, worse somehow. This "beer" is the true definition of "yellow fizzy stuff". (559 characters)

1.41/5  rDev -51.4%

I can't believe I never reviewed this beer. I guess when you review one you feel like you've reviewed em all. This is a bad beer but considering it's competition I suppose you could do worse. Low quality corn, grain, rice, malty mix that doesn't taste very good. It's watery enough to make it go down without too much of a grimace. Barely drinkable and a notch above the pour-down-the-drain Beast level. It is cheap as hell so at least it's got that going for it. (463 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -49%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.5

The mouthfeel is the best part about this beer - because when it's cold, you can practically drink it without noticing...

Problem is, it is watery, and swill-y, and has a metallic taste to it. Also some dirty corn/ grain flavors. (231 characters)

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.