Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

poor

good

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller High Life Alström Bros
2.93/5  rDev +9.3%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a 14 oz "pint" glass. Pours straw color like any other adjunct lager, with a bubbly head that dissipates quickly, but with some lacing. Smells of adjunct grain, especially corn, really sweet. Sweet malty taste dominates, probably from the corn used, but actually has taste unlike many adjuncts. This light bodied beer has full taste, can go down really easily, and is not over carbonated. Overall, an average beer, but better than most adjuncts.

2.25/5  rDev -16%

2.65/5  rDev -1.1%

Drinking the High Life from the can. Can I stoop any lower? Don't answer that....

Poured a little out into a glass to judge the appearance and aroma. Was not impressed. Clear straw color with lots of bubbles and a fast-receding head. Aroma is thin and malty. Do I smell corn, or rice, or both? Because I definitely do not smell any hops. Considering how many hop fields the guys at Miller have stationed all over the world, you'd think they could do something to make their beers actually smell like the darn things. The taste is bland, but crisp and clean. I have to confess that I like the High Life because it's very drinkable. But I must confess that I don't really classify it as beer so much as flavored water. And as far as flavored water goes, it's really not too bad. From the can, however, this flavored water is tinny and sharp. Not bad if you need to clean the peanut butter off the roof of your mouth, but I wouldn't pair it with a fine porterhouse steak or anything. Average drinkability, just because it does go down easily. As easy as any flavored water I've ever had.

2.75/5  rDev +2.6%

enjoyed some while watching the vintage moto races at barber motorsports park in Birmingham, Alabama

3.38/5  rDev +26.1%

Pours extra pale gold with a pristine clarity. Two finger head of dense soap bubbles; not much retention but the sticky lacing is impressive. Corn and cereal nose, with some pale malt hiding in the background. Distinctly adjunct flavor, but appropriatly light and balanced. Crisp and clean mouthfeel that leaves only whispers of adjunct in the aftertaste. Not bad for a macro, and you can't beat the price!

2.9/5  rDev +8.2%

Apperance- Nice light golden coloring with a thin white head which disappears quickly.

Smell- Smells of grain and not much else

Taste- Tastes of grain and has a light metal taste to it. It also has a corn or earthy flavor to it.

Mouthfeel- Thin and very carbonated.

Drinkability- Not a horrible beer. This would be a nice beer to drink after having done strenuos work of some type such as mowing the lawn. They do a good job marketing this beer to a young, hip crowd similar to Pabst.

2.15/5  rDev -19.8%

Poured from a 12 oz. can into a Macado's Halloween 2009 shaker pint glass.

Appearance: Pours a translucent, pale golden color. Has a thin, fizzy white head that dissipates quickly and leaves almost no lacing.

Smell: Sweet and grainy with a metallic twinge. Pretty weak...

Taste: Very light on taste. Starts slightly bitter. Finishes bitter and sickly sweet.

Mouthfeel: Thin, watery, and way too carbonated.

Drinkability: "The Champagne of Beers?" Please. The only connection this beer has to champagne is color and carbonation level. This is a good beer for quick, repeated consumption. Nothing else. It's slightly better out of a bottle.

3.25/5  rDev +21.3%

2.73/5  rDev +1.9%

The champagne of beers. I think not. So I was sitting on my couch playing Resident Evil 4 when my roommate asked me if I wanted a beer. "Sure" I said, and he then produced a high life. Now this was one of those rare gems of a moment when he actually bought beer instead of just drinking mine, so I humored him. I must admit, however, I am no stranger to the high life. The brother of a girl I dated for several years used to drink this stuff, and only out of a beer bong. So there have been many o night in which I participated in the guzzling of this brew. On we go...

A - Prett bad, looks like urine. No head, retention or lacing.

S - Like battery acid perhaps.

T - Not sure, grainy malt water perhaps. Not much to say.

M - Watery, thin, highly carbonated, you know the deal.

D - Outstanding. You could drink this for hours and hours on end. Recommended if you want a cheap buzz.

1.25/5  rDev -53.4%

2.25/5  rDev -16%

4.75/5  rDev +77.2%

3.35/5  rDev +25%

Miller Low Life as I call it, but then again it was very crisp, clean finish and consistently is. So for that, combined w/ the low life price it's actually not that bad. Very freshing, and that makes for the perfect beer to buy for your friends at the BBQ party in the summer...as long as your friends are not fellow beer advocates...

2.75/5  rDev +2.6%

2.05/5  rDev -23.5%

Cleaning out the fridge to go shopping tomorrow on my day off Veterans Day (yes I work for the Feds). I had two bottles of this. Note: This is NOT my beer, my father drinks mostly this and PBR. He left it. I had to dispose of it. Might as well find out if it is as bad as I remember.

Appearance: Pale gold, small head that disappeared after one sip. No lacing. Bubbly (it is the "Champagne of Beers). All downhill from here.
Smell: Not much here, although I was surprised it was not skunked, being in a clear bottle and in my fridge for a month.
Taste: Slightly sweet on the outset, slightly bitter finish, made my stomach hurt.
Mouthfeel: Thin, carbonated, watery.
Drinkability: Should be high, but I struggled to put 2 down. For some reason I have never really liked Miller products, even though I don't think they are that drastically different than the other macros in content.

2.5/5  rDev -6.7%

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.