Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

poor

good

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller High Life Alström Bros

mgi020, Nov 11, 2014

One of the Big Three in sales and availability, Miller has been a solid presence in the beer shelf for as long as I've been around. I've drunk enough of these to have the flavor profile etched into my taste buds. Ubiquitous presence at parties, events, and weekenders.

I don't much like it. It's got decent body and flavor, but it has a sweetness aftertaste I really don't like. Fruity palate, that's for sure. Perhaps drinkable by you, I will give it a pass every time. Do not care for Miller's flavor choices.

Ag-Hag, Nov 10, 2014

Alway_lethal, Nov 09, 2014

For what it is, this beer is enjoyable. My friend jokingly used it as a palate cleanser during a big stout tasting last night, and it was actually a very refreshing change of pace. I'm now thinking of throwing this, or something similar, into my drinking rotation from time to time.

thebigredone, Nov 09, 2014
2.9/5  rDev +8.2%

DerAtomsmasher, Nov 09, 2014

RavenForBeer, Nov 08, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -53.4%

Puggy300, Nov 06, 2014

legalag11, Nov 06, 2014
3.38/5  rDev +26.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

First of all, this is not a craft beer. It's not supposed to be a craft beer. I am not going to rate it like a craft beer. I am going to rate it for what it is: an AAL that in the grand scheme of things is really not a bad beer at all, given the proper circumstances. I bought this beer for a particular reason. I was feeling nostalgic about my grandfather, and this was the beer he drank after Ballantine fizzled out in the 1970s. Miller High Life is not going to knock you out with its spectacular flavor, but it's smooth, and like others have posted, it tastes great after a hot couple of hours mowing the backyard. When you open the bottle, you'd better be prepared to guzzle about half of it straight off, because otherwise the white head overflows almost instantly. I learned the hard way the first time. The champagne of beers indeed.

Appearance: Pale golden bliss with a huge white head that is pretty much out of control. And that's fine by me.

Smell: Yep, corn. Lots of grainy, grassy scents to it. Exactly what you would expect from a beer like this. And that's fine by me.

Taste: It's very smooth, not much flavor going down, but when you're hot and tired, it tastes heavenly. And that's fine by me.

Mouthfeel: It's light. It's a little like drinking air. And that's fine by me.

Overall: Miller High Life does what it's supposed to do. It's the working man's beer, despite its "champagne" reference. The bottle is attractive and inviting. The High Life Girl promises you it's going to be okay. It's inexpensive and easy to come by. My grandfather drank boat loads of this stuff when I was a kid. He was a smart man. It's a beer that makes me feel nostalgic about beer.

And that's fine by me.

Doctor_Bogenbroom, Nov 05, 2014

gwilikers6, Nov 05, 2014
2.75/5  rDev +2.6%

kplooki, Nov 05, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +21.3%

i drank this alot in the late 90's to mid 2000's or so.
i bought it again recently because of the "Limited Edition" collectible labels.
These are all 12oz bottles with various retro designs -kinda cool,i guess....retro works best in cars & guitars though...
i would like high life more today if it was not for the amazing choice out there of great tasting,full-bodied (as God intended beer to be) micro brews that rock our world now....
still.cheap beer does have its place...sometimes.

Bis4beer70, Nov 03, 2014

chewymangos, Oct 28, 2014
2.64/5  rDev -1.5%

rillo23, Oct 28, 2014

beccalovesbeer, Oct 28, 2014
Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.