Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

poor

good

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller High Life Alström Bros

SmLance, Jul 07, 2012

automattic, Aug 27, 2014

Morgan83, Aug 22, 2014
4.85/5  rDev +81.6%

My other go to beer. When i need a change of pace from Coors Banquet, I go with MHL. A great summer beer when your BBQing or hanging out at the river. tastes great. MHL in the bottle is great. Cans arent bad either, but the bottled MHL tastes better to me. I love the classic look also. As bad as Miller light is...MHL is that good, lol.

ilovemacros, Sep 24, 2012
4.85/5  rDev +81.6%

One of my favorites! Retains head for a while compared to most cheap beers on the market.

Looks like usual as a cheap beer should. Goes down easy and doesn't make you look like a poon while holdin a bottle.

And it leaves a thick residue on the glass from all the lace.

Hail Fredrick Miller!!

Official beer of me. WORD!

hatecave09, May 14, 2012

markallmon, Mar 18, 2012

tyleeis, Dec 16, 2011

cjnuxoll, Apr 03, 2013
4.75/5  rDev +77.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Miller High Life is a beer I used to drink often. like many folks, I switched to a Lite beer. After a few years of swilling various brands of light beer, I found myself at a place that sold out of Lite. So I ordered a High Life. Boy-oh-boy was it good. I had forgotten just how good a real beer tasted. Since I never drink more than two brews when I am driving, I always order Miller High Life now. "The Champagne of Bottled Beers", it is as true now as it ever was. it tastes like real beer.

buck4you, Apr 08, 2013

erickson, Jul 28, 2013

jscogggins, Aug 02, 2012

kybluemoon, Feb 15, 2014

drich82, Jul 06, 2014
4.72/5  rDev +76.8%

Gilbert80, Sep 02, 2014
4.63/5  rDev +73.4%

I think this beer has a place and a purpose. I drink it at the beach, on fishing trips ,or while playing golf. It is also consumed in large amounts. That means it is good.

A- Light sunshine color.
S- Smells like the gulf of Mexico and sun tanning lotion.
T- better than water.
M- Crisp and clean
D- Like I said, It is consumed in large anounts.

Drink Responsibly!

-Bye

jbone78, May 07, 2009
4.56/5  rDev +70.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is buy far the best beer for your money. Tastes great though maybe not less filling that high life lite. you can't beat that its tastes good and I only pay 7.99 for a 12ver of bottles. Not enough people appreciate a good crisp clean american lager. i poo on the beer snobs.

Unclebuck70, Jul 08, 2014
4.53/5  rDev +69.7%

It taste very much like Corona although it isn't as skunky as it once was, imo. I love the clear bottles, hey beer is pretty. Nice golden color. And the beer is defined by the corn. Of cheaper supermarket beers Miller isn't bad. If it was in cans, I'd opt for Old Milwaukee among the cheaper selectables, but in the clear bottles I'd grab the Miller High Life. It doesn't seem like there's really 12oz of beer in that little bottle. It goes fast.
True classic.

lanechaffin, Dec 27, 2009
4.51/5  rDev +68.9%

It tastes in my opinion exactly like a Miller golden yellow beer should, but It's the carbonation that I just Love. Makes it feel so alive! I've never been a smooth beer drinker so Miller High Life is the perfect match for this guy :-) Cheers to livin' the high life

weskerwannabe, Jan 16, 2013

dbrown456, Dec 14, 2013

lucas, Mar 04, 2012

MillerMan16, Jul 15, 2014

rustycrayfish, Apr 24, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +68.5%

Another one of my favorite beers. I love living the High Life.
Pretty cheap as well, about 17 a 30 case of cans. Definitely living the High Life.

Appearance: A tad bit misleading. Looks like piss the morning after drinking a whole hell of a lot the night before.

Smell: Smell directly from the can is very sweet with a hint of metal. Once poured out into a mug, the metallic smell completely disappears.

Taste: One of my favorites. Not only is it very refreshing on a hot day its also very refreshing on any day! Sweet and robust at the same time. Now dont let me convince you that I am saying it is very complex and intricate. It's definitely not. Just the best for its style IMHO.

Mouthfeel: Slightly creamy and perfectly carbonated.

Drinkability: Could easily slam these down one after another with no problem.

I HIGHly recommend the High Life.

PapillonJohn, Nov 15, 2010
4.47/5  rDev +67.4%

Miller High Life is one of my favorite American macrobrews. It's the Champagne of Beers, and I like it. Here are the details:

Appearance: This may come as a shock to you, but Miller High Life looks exactly like...beer.

Smell: The smell is uh...uh...unique. It flat-out doesn't smell like any other beer that I've come across. Pungent, but sweet. And it's strong -- the fragrance of Miller High Life will quickly fill up even the largest indoor room. If it gets too powerful, open a window and let your next-door neighbors feel the love!

Taste: No bitterness whatsoever. It's sweet. Not sweet like Oreo Cookies or Froot Loops, but sweet like a fresh, warm corn tortilla with unsalted butter on top. Much richer in taste than most macrobrews, in my opinion. Although it's budget-priced at the moment, Miller High Life has "premium beer" flavor, especially if it's in a glass bottle or on tap.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is amazing. It's an explosion of tingles and smooth-as-silk texture. A truly awesome experience.

Drinkability: Miller High Life goes down very nicely. You'll find that it flows very well after the first few sips. However, it can seem to be very filling if you're not used to it, even a little heavy at times, especially when compared to other American classics such as Bud, Coors Original, or Rolling Rock. So I would recommend drinking 2 or 3 bottles maximum with some pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc., and hold off on drinking it as a session beer until you're a veteran High Life drinker.

Vito says, "Try a Miller High Life. You might dig it!"

Vito, Sep 09, 2007
4.45/5  rDev +66.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

This is the champagne of beers - and for good reason. This is the beer of choice for folks that just want to drink beer. Those that want a beer that tastes like a double latte with 1 shot of vanilla, 1/2 shot of hazelnut, and light foamy milk, should try one of the microbeers in your area. However, at its current price point, packaging, and taste, you cannot go wrong bringing a 6 pack of high lifes to your best friend's bbq.

reddragon13, Mar 22, 2014
Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.