Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

poor

good

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller High Life Alström Bros

2.25/5  rDev -15.7%

1.75/5  rDev -34.5%

1.44/5  rDev -46.1%

4.01/5  rDev +50.2%

12oz bottle -> american pint
no date, but there is laser printed code

Pours a clear straw yellow with a generous head that leaves behind thin patches of pale white lace. The head surprisingly has some staying power and laces better than any macro i've come across. Carbonation is robust, truely champagne like.

Nose: Pale malt, a little sour yeast.

Taste: Slight toasted grain corn like flavor, that finishes relatively clean with a tad of caramel.

Mouthfeel is medium to slightly watery but with a quick crisp finish.

The most drinkable american macro imo. Used to down these like water at the bowling alley in my personal prohibition time. Cheap and available everywhere. A 4.5 for taste compared to beers of this style not compared to your favorite big beer.

3.1/5  rDev +16.1%

Not a bad beer for one of the cheapest ones on the market. Pours bright yellow with brown hue. Smells decent of hops. Taste is very good for a cheap beer. Mouthfeel is nothing special, just alot of carbonation like all the other macros. Drinkable brew and I would like it if I were outside working. My dad had me drinking this stuff when I was a baby, so it holds a special place in my heart still.

3.95/5  rDev +47.9%

Drinking as i type this.

12 oz can onto Atlas Mason jar.

A: Golden with a nice four finger head. As head dissipates there is nice lacing up and down the glass. Head retention is not to bad for this type of beer as well.

S: I usually can smell only can but this must be a fresh batch. I get an odor of moldering apples, fresh grains, light malt, and tiniest ghost of a hop. The quintessential smell of beer.

T: Sometimes its too sweet for me, but its not too bad today. Tastes like childhood. Tastes like it smells with a metallic aftertaste, its a bit much out of the can, but I get the same effect from the bottle.

D: I could drink this beer all the day through. This beer keeps getting better until its too late, but I guess this is true with all alcohol and the hedonists that consume it. This was my Dad's beer of choice and the beer he weened me on. I always think of him when I have one, so to me this beer is fucking one of the best.

1.25/5  rDev -53.2%

1.75/5  rDev -34.5%

1.5/5  rDev -43.8%

1.5/5  rDev -43.8%

3.7/5  rDev +38.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Well, this, alongside the MGD was the "classier" beer we'd drink when I was in undergrad (mind you, that wasn't too long ago..I'm not that old)

Appearance: Pale, gold..with some lacing from the foam. Looks like the typical macro lager...fits the bill nicely. This is the first time I haven't had this from a 40 oz.

Aroma: Corn and a slight "beery" smell, if anything. Its pretty bland. Nothing disgusting or offensive.

Taste: A bit sweetish, all else is maybe the corn, but really not much. I guess its malt sweetness to a degree, but I wouldn't say the malts are overpowering, neither is the sweetness. Again, like the smell, its nothing disgusting or offensive in any way.

Mouthfeel: Watery and thin, as expected. Its got a good deal of carbonation that makes it pretty refreshing though. Goes down fairly smoothly.

Drinkability: This is probably its best feature, and I think this is the main feature that American Macro Lagers try to get at. Its pretty simple, and its cheap, and it does the trick if you want to get a refreshing beer, or sit out on the deck.

If I wanted a beer to drink outside on a hot day, it would be a hefeweizen or a witbier, but if I feel like being cheap, this works as well. I'm cheap in certain things, but beer is NOT one of those things.

3.08/5  rDev +15.4%

I was a little surpised by this beer. Wasn't all too bad I have to admit. Poured out a pale yellow with a somewhat decent head on it. Smell was a little too clean, just some grainy aromas in there, not much to talk about. Taste was somewhat respectable though. A little bit of hops show up along with some sweetness and bitterness, but there's just a little too much sweetness to my liking. Considering it's made by one of the big three, and that there's some actual beer elements (hopefully) in there, it's somewhat average compared to other beers. Having a BBQ soon and don't have that much cash? This is the way to go then.

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.