1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

poor

good

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller High Life Alström Bros
2.5/5  rDev -6.4%

Barnsley, Jul 29, 2013
3.43/5  rDev +28.5%

A- Clear bright yellow beneath a full finger head.

S- Faint malt sweetness with hints of corn.

T- Light malt up front which evenly fades to a barely precievable hop finish. The middle is pleasantly grainy but lends toward corn as the beer warms up.

M- Light and fizzy.

D- Hey I don't have the "girl on the moon" tatooed on my arm for nothin'

It was odd to have this beer in a glass without a bottlecap, quarter, or ping pong ball in it. For the style this really is a great beer. When you consider the price it no wonder even beer geeks often have this beer on hand if nothing else for when non-beer geek friends/family come over. Knock it if you want, but I've always liked the High Life.

Pauly2X, Apr 14, 2008
2.75/5  rDev +3%

fivetime, Jan 28, 2013

KillaB, Jan 29, 2013
3.18/5  rDev +19.1%

A-Poured into my Pabst chalice. It is a nice gold color with a frothy, bright white head that dissipates leaving a layer of foam. There is some nice cascading and lacing on the glass, making this one of the best looking beers for the style, which I know isn't saying much.

S-Typical adjunct nose consisting of corn and malt, with a little mustiness as well.

T-Malty, slightly musty, with a corn presence and a hint of hops. Very crisp and refreshing however.

M-Thin and watery.

D-Very, very drinkable with a low abv. and its light body.

Overall, I never pour these out of the bottle to drink mainly because one of the reasons I purchase it is because I like the bottle. Its a great beer for drinking on a budget or when hanging out with non craft drinking friends.

thegodfather2701, Aug 30, 2010
2.43/5  rDev -9%

poured from a 12 oz can to a SA perfect pint glass

A- looks like movie beer, straw golden yellow, crystal clear and clean, frothy white head tons of carbonation

S- Sweet grains on the nose, a touch of lemon, a slight touch of banana. Musty or mold scent on the end.

T- Soapy water, boiled grains, lemon pledge, slighty offensive after taste.

M- light, highly carbonated, blah...

O- well, it sucks, typical AAl, tastes like corn water, smells like gym socks.

gabedivision, May 19, 2012
2.4/5  rDev -10.1%

Crystal clear bubbly straw color with a healthy white head on top. Good head retention. Aroma is of corn and skunkweed, usually a turn off for me.

Not a very full flavor, tastes watered down and weak. It doesn't seem to hold its own, even against the water. The corn additive is the most prevelant flavor in this one, but it's weak and only ends up leaving an iffy aftertaste. Considering the bubbliness and style, I expected more carbonation that added up to a crisp and dry mouthfeel when in reality its on the creamy side. Not a good beer, but a classic in American history and everybody should at least give it a chance.

chodinheaven, Jun 14, 2011

Pillowburn, Feb 11, 2012
2.5/5  rDev -6.4%

CorgiDad, Mar 16, 2014
1.25/5  rDev -53.2%

foxyaardvark27, Oct 19, 2012
1.58/5  rDev -40.8%

Poured from a tall-boy can into pilsner glass. Can marked June1311 on bottom. I am reviewing this beer because it is THE beer my father has drank...ever since he got out of the navy after serving more than 8 years.

A. A rather mild pour yields 3, yes 3 fingers of big, bubbly, foamy white head. The body is an unremarkable, practically clear yellow color. Bubbles are observed rising to to the top in a slow but regular fashion. As the head slowly dies I pour more into my glass, and note that the head, although large, shrinks in a few minutes, and really is rather weak. Has an odd lacing on the top of the glass, but this doesn't keep going as I drink, just sits at the top.

S. Weak. I smell corn, the ghost of grain and metal. At least it isn't skunked.

T. Pretty much follows the nose. LOTS of corn, a bit of grain, but the metal is a little more downplayed.

M. Ever had water? You know, H2O? Yeah, it's kinda like that, with a little carbonation.

O. Overall, this is possibly the worst beer I've had in my life. I've only drank a handful of these in the past, because even in my macro brew days, I steered clear of my father's beer. The only thing this beer has going for it is the can I picked up has a pretty lady on it. Honestly, the warmer it gets, the more I get metal and corn. I believe this will be my last in my lifetime.

CFHMagnet, Jun 11, 2011

3.25/5  rDev +21.7%

Andrew041180, May 04, 2014
2.48/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Wow, this is my first 'can' review. I find it odd how I tend to stay away from cans when I can (hmm, no pun intended). This beer is one of the staples of parties it seems but it's really the first time I've encountered it. I had a hearty chuckle reading its slogan, 'The Champagne of Beers'. You know what it's good for? Beer pong. I would not drink this if I had a choice, but hey it has a taste.

Pours like piss, smells like macro beer. Tastes like alcohol and some malt, isn't too skunky which is good for chucking a few ounces here and there when you're losing beer pong. We almost won! Overall, this beer isn't that great :).

aquatonex, Oct 17, 2004
1.75/5  rDev -34.5%

wilfonzo, Oct 29, 2012

100200300, Jul 03, 2013
3.93/5  rDev +47.2%

I only base my reviews based on the style of the beer.

Appearance is amazing for the style. Pours a three finger head that sticks to the side of the glass to the end. So the retention is great! Golden clear color with some carbonation bubbling up.

Sweet malt, some cooked grains, and a touch of grassy hops hit the nose. Nothing offensive.

The taste is classic American lager. Nothing over done just a good balance of clean grassy hops with a touch of bitterness. Some hits of cereal grains, sweet malts and clean finish.

I will put this lager up with my other favorite macro lagers in American (Pabst and Schlitz. Clean, easy drinking lager that is perfect for hotter weather. Yes, nothing in this beer is over done. But, that is why many like it. Just clean easy drinking with no nasty after taste just good balance for the style.

Luigi, Sep 28, 2011
2.9/5  rDev +8.6%

This review is of the regular strength version (not the Oklahoma 3-point version), out of 40 oz. bottle I bought from a convenience store in Harlem, NY near the hostel I'm staying at tonight.

Miller High Life was the first beer I ever drank but I haven't had it in 10 years so I thought it was time to give it another try. Of course this isn't 3 point so it isn't a fair comparison, but I'm enjoying this far more than I expected to.

Bright gold color (I'm drinking out of the bottle though as most macros to me don't improve when poured into a glass). The aroma is kinda grainy with some funky macro notes.

The taste is... better than I expected and frankly better than most macros out there. The dominant charecteristic is the grain. Not much bitterness or hop flavor but there is a slightly funky aftertaste (but not as bad as in some macros)

Lots of carbonation which works well.

If you're low on cash (as I am tonight) and want a half-way drinkable beer, this is a good choice. Definitely drink it cold.

(My scores for this beer are judging it compared to it's style, which got it a .5 bump. If compared to most microbrews, I would not judge this beer so high.)

jmbranum, Apr 16, 2007
1.1/5  rDev -58.8%

There is not a lot to say about this beer that is good, not for me anyway. The beer is a nice light gold colour that is reminiscent of American lagers. There is no discernable smell to speak of nor is there any discernable taste. The mouthfeel is very watery with hints of carbonation. Overall this is not a beer that I would try again, nor is it a beer that I would recommend to others.

cyrenaica, Jun 25, 2007

h4ger, Thursday at 02:57 AM
3.25/5  rDev +21.7%

21Maestro8, Dec 15, 2013

celticfutblclub, Nov 23, 2011

mpenske, Jan 05, 2014
Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.