Miller High Life - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

poor

good

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Miller High Life Alström Bros

3.32/5  rDev +24.3%

Pours extra pale gold with a pristine clarity. Two finger head of dense soap bubbles; not much retention but the sticky lacing is impressive. Corn and cereal nose, with some pale malt hiding in the background. Distinctly adjunct flavor, but appropriatly light and balanced. Crisp and clean mouthfeel that leaves only whispers of adjunct in the aftertaste. Not bad for a macro, and you can't beat the price!

2.88/5  rDev +7.9%

Apperance- Nice light golden coloring with a thin white head which disappears quickly.

Smell- Smells of grain and not much else

Taste- Tastes of grain and has a light metal taste to it. It also has a corn or earthy flavor to it.

Mouthfeel- Thin and very carbonated.

Drinkability- Not a horrible beer. This would be a nice beer to drink after having done strenuos work of some type such as mowing the lawn. They do a good job marketing this beer to a young, hip crowd similar to Pabst.

2.15/5  rDev -19.5%

Poured from a 12 oz. can into a Macado's Halloween 2009 shaker pint glass.

Appearance: Pours a translucent, pale golden color. Has a thin, fizzy white head that dissipates quickly and leaves almost no lacing.

Smell: Sweet and grainy with a metallic twinge. Pretty weak...

Taste: Very light on taste. Starts slightly bitter. Finishes bitter and sickly sweet.

Mouthfeel: Thin, watery, and way too carbonated.

Drinkability: "The Champagne of Beers?" Please. The only connection this beer has to champagne is color and carbonation level. This is a good beer for quick, repeated consumption. Nothing else. It's slightly better out of a bottle.

3.25/5  rDev +21.7%

1.25/5  rDev -53.2%

3.75/5  rDev +40.4%

1.75/5  rDev -34.5%

2.7/5  rDev +1.1%

The champagne of beers. I think not. So I was sitting on my couch playing Resident Evil 4 when my roommate asked me if I wanted a beer. "Sure" I said, and he then produced a high life. Now this was one of those rare gems of a moment when he actually bought beer instead of just drinking mine, so I humored him. I must admit, however, I am no stranger to the high life. The brother of a girl I dated for several years used to drink this stuff, and only out of a beer bong. So there have been many o night in which I participated in the guzzling of this brew. On we go...

A - Prett bad, looks like urine. No head, retention or lacing.

S - Like battery acid perhaps.

T - Not sure, grainy malt water perhaps. Not much to say.

M - Watery, thin, highly carbonated, you know the deal.

D - Outstanding. You could drink this for hours and hours on end. Recommended if you want a cheap buzz.

2.5/5  rDev -6.4%

3.33/5  rDev +24.7%

Miller Low Life as I call it, but then again it was very crisp, clean finish and consistently is. So for that, combined w/ the low life price it's actually not that bad. Very freshing, and that makes for the perfect beer to buy for your friends at the BBQ party in the summer...as long as your friends are not fellow beer advocates...

2.08/5  rDev -22.1%

Cleaning out the fridge to go shopping tomorrow on my day off Veterans Day (yes I work for the Feds). I had two bottles of this. Note: This is NOT my beer, my father drinks mostly this and PBR. He left it. I had to dispose of it. Might as well find out if it is as bad as I remember.

Appearance: Pale gold, small head that disappeared after one sip. No lacing. Bubbly (it is the "Champagne of Beers). All downhill from here.
Smell: Not much here, although I was surprised it was not skunked, being in a clear bottle and in my fridge for a month.
Taste: Slightly sweet on the outset, slightly bitter finish, made my stomach hurt.
Mouthfeel: Thin, carbonated, watery.
Drinkability: Should be high, but I struggled to put 2 down. For some reason I have never really liked Miller products, even though I don't think they are that drastically different than the other macros in content.

1.5/5  rDev -43.8%

3.73/5  rDev +39.7%

Appearance- Nice white foam head with moderate to high carbonation as small bubbles steam in the glass, nice yellow golden color very clear

Smell- Crisp corn and grain can be smelt with slight hop and malts, nothing overwhelming

Taste- Smooth creaminess on the start with a nice slight bitter finish, little bit of sweetness to make a nice mix in the flavor with slight bitter kick, corn is clearly apparent with slightly grain notes, very tasty in my opinion for the style

Mouthfeel- Light and crisp yet with a bit of a nice smoothness to it that make it a good mix

Drinkability- the drink ability to this is great for sure, you could easily have one of these and want many more, its one of the better american macros to me for sure, full flavor is here for the style of what it is, it is better than many of the other macros in my view, very tasty crisp and refreshing, and you have to also admire the quality considering how incredibly low the cost is where you could get 30 beers for only 13 bucks, pretty incredible considering some macros are 7 or more bucks and not even better at all, good for what they are they are a one i would visit occasionally especially if i was trying to stay on a budget,

2.25/5  rDev -15.7%

2.9/5  rDev +8.6%

This review is of the regular strength version (not the Oklahoma 3-point version), out of 40 oz. bottle I bought from a convenience store in Harlem, NY near the hostel I'm staying at tonight.

Miller High Life was the first beer I ever drank but I haven't had it in 10 years so I thought it was time to give it another try. Of course this isn't 3 point so it isn't a fair comparison, but I'm enjoying this far more than I expected to.

Bright gold color (I'm drinking out of the bottle though as most macros to me don't improve when poured into a glass). The aroma is kinda grainy with some funky macro notes.

The taste is... better than I expected and frankly better than most macros out there. The dominant charecteristic is the grain. Not much bitterness or hop flavor but there is a slightly funky aftertaste (but not as bad as in some macros)

Lots of carbonation which works well.

If you're low on cash (as I am tonight) and want a half-way drinkable beer, this is a good choice. Definitely drink it cold.

(My scores for this beer are judging it compared to it's style, which got it a .5 bump. If compared to most microbrews, I would not judge this beer so high.)

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.