Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 LemonadeMiller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  2.80% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: woodychandler on 04-19-2011)
Reviews by CRK:

CRK, Jan 04, 2013
1.2/5  rDev -30.2%

Wow, what is that color? Some weird combo of flourescent yellow with hazy antifreeze. Head or lacing? Ya gotsta be kiddin' up in here. Weird sugary lemon drop aroma, but mostly sugar, doesn't smell anything like beer.

Doesn't taste anything like beer. Jeez, its not really like lemonade either. I think they just grabbed that Tampico fruit drink and poured it together with some High Life Light. Tastes like neither lemons nor beer.

This stuff sucks. Glad I bought a 6 pack, now that this is discontinued, bam, major whale. Don't be looking up this review when I try and trade this to you for a vertical of BCS or Eclipse.

Beerandraiderfan, Nov 03, 2011
2.63/5  rDev +52.9%

Pour a pretty clear clean golden with a decent inch and one half head that dies into a alright lacing.

Lemonade maybe lemonade flavor tea smell, no malt, no hops, no grains, no yeast, just lemonade aroma.

Taste is lemonade, not a good lemonade, maybe something I'd make if you gave me some of those cheap lemonade packets.

I was a little confused about this being sold as a beer, seems more like one of those Seagram's coolers without a kick. When I drink beer I think I'll have to stick to beer.

But on the up side I think I could go through about a dozen of these mowing the lawn on a hot hot summers day. Problem with that is at 2.8% ABV I'd drink a 12 pack spent the same money as buying 5.5% ABV and not have even a buzz to thank for it.

The reason I rated this a little better than most is I like lemonade, and I think that is what they were aiming for, and I know a few people that hate the taste of beers like Budweiser, Coors, etc, and this would be something they could drink and not gag that a local grocery store might sell.
Lord knows they don't cater to people that like specialty or micro brews.

LXIXME, Aug 21, 2011
3.25/5  rDev +89%

Appearance: Nothing particularly beery about this. Basically lemonade with some bubbles. Very syrupy.

Smell: Lots of lemon with a bit of grassy freshness in the back. This basically overpowers the faint hop smell.

Taste/Mouthfeel: You know what. I'll be damned and can admit that this stuff doesn't taste bad at all. It is lightyears better than MGD 64 without the lemon. That stuff just tastes like vinegar. This definitely tastes a bit chemically, but when doesn't lemonade when it's not fresh squeeze? Mouthfeel is pretty good up until a soapy, sugary feel at the finish, but overall good.

Drinkability: Low alcohol and lemonade make this like juice. Wish it had more beer qualities.

Overall: I generally don't bash macro experiments like this on principle. These guys actually put something enjoyable together for the hot summer.

tjsdomer2, Jun 05, 2011

DOCRW, Jan 24, 2014

wilfonzo, Dec 05, 2011
1.75/5  rDev +1.7%

"Light Beer with natural lemon flavor and Sucralose"
"Light Beer" printed in script on the label.

Murky hazed straw gold, pretty much what you'd expect color-wise. Sticky white foam that laces the pint glass surprisingly. Slow trails of carbonation visible. Head takes a few minutes to fade. Swirling produces that "swarm of angry bees" type carbonation under the surface.

Artificial lemonhead candy sweetener scent, behind that there's a weird synthetic saccharin smell. Something ain't right here.

Tastes like watered down lemonade koolaid, or if you took some lemonheads candy and swirled it in an MGD 64 until they dissolved. Hollow feel, utterly bland with sweet lemon candy skidmarks. Filmy artificial sweetener slickness that leaves an unnatural coating on the tongue.

Taste... what taste? Water-diluted lemonheads, splash of MGD 64, packet of Splenda... aka SUCRALOSE (wtf? this is actually on the label) = MGD 64 Lemonade. Save money and make your own at home, with the recipe listed above.

This is merely a feeble attempt by Miller to "compete" with Leine's Summer Shandy.
Thanks Sebastian for the bonus beer, i'd never buy this.

emerge077, Apr 30, 2011
1.73/5  rDev +0.6%

Saw this on the singles shelf at Liquor Barn, figured I'd give it a try since I'm pretty sure I will never buy a 6 pack of it. 12 ounce bottle, best by date of July 25, 2011 printed on the bottle. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a hazy straw gold color with a small white head that went away quickly. Small bit of lacing left on the glass. The brew smells like lemon candy, but not fresh lemons or lemonade. Doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't smell good either. However, the taste is not good at all. It tastes like bad watery diet lemon soda with a weird diet cola-like bittersweet aftertaste. Mouthfeel/body is light, it's somewhat watery and is well carbonated. It's also a bit coating. I felt like I was drinking a really bad diet cola and not a beer. I can't imagine this product staying on the market very long, I don't think even hardcore BMC light beer drinkers would enjoy this very much. I finished my bottle, but I can't say I liked it.

bluejacket74, May 09, 2011

BeerFMAndy, Aug 17, 2013
1.5/5  rDev -12.8%

dubljj, May 20, 2012
2.5/5  rDev +45.3%

matjack85, Jan 26, 2013
2.13/5  rDev +23.8%

I just had to. Pours a cloudy straw yellow with a white head with big bubbles, yet sticky lacing encapsulates the glass, not unlike the legendary High Life in perplexing head webbing. I wonder what they add to this to get the cloudy appearance as well. Aroma mostly consists of Pledge-like lemony scents, maybe a hint of "beer" behind it, not much. Hey, this could still be refreshing. Tastes cold and fizzy... artificial lemon flavor, though milder than might be expected, very watery, some limited bitterness that might possibly remind one of beer, low levels of sweetness, much less than I anticipated. The flavor lacks beerness and is mostly just a mild lemon dish soap type of drink. Not much going on, though I am glad they went with a somewhat clean finish and didn't end up with a cloying sweetened one. Feel, as mentioned, is fizzy, very light. This is mostly fizz and pretend lemon, but it is pretty subtle and not so much objectionable as it is just a waste of time.

vacax, Jun 08, 2011

Jebus1309, Oct 30, 2012

Jimboe, Oct 03, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -12.8%

threedaggers, Mar 07, 2014
2.2/5  rDev +27.9%

When I saw this in the singles cooler at my local, I figured that I would be the perfect Guinea Pig, especially after the recent thread ( http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3704098 ) about how awful it is supposed to be. I am getting to be like the hippies - I'll try anything once, man.

My aggro pour netted me just over a finger of fluffy bone-white head that fell faster than Skylab. Color was a very cloudy lemon-yellow. It is a fresh bottle (Best by date of Jul 10/18 (?) - a little smudged), so I assume this is what it is supposed to look like. Nose had a pungent lemon tartness to it. Mouthfeel was thin and fizzy to the point that I felt like I was drinking pop. The flavor was way too sweet for my liking. It tasted more like lemon candy than "natural lemon flavor" as noted on the label. I was hoping for something much more tart, but this was more towards alcopop. Finish was lingeringly sweet with a strange chemical aftertaste. Better living through chemistry? Not in this case! I did not come away with buyer's remorse, but I was close to it.

woodychandler, Apr 19, 2011

Jenessa, Mar 04, 2012
1.25/5  rDev -27.3%

bumchilly25, May 19, 2013

sweetpaulie73, Jan 01, 2012

AlphaKing414, Apr 02, 2012
1.83/5  rDev +6.4%

Served in a Dogfish Head shaped pint glass.

I heard they were taking this off the market; then I found a couple sixers at Jewel. I had to grab some. Damn, these guys know how to advertise... Anyway, it pours a lightly hazy pale golden straw topped by a finger of nearly-off white foam. The nose comprises fake lemon (sorta like an Italian ice made partially of plastic), very light wheat, and hard water. The taste really doesn't wanna change things up, though the lemon is now even more fake, as though Windex came out with a lemon version. Boo. The body is pretty damn light, with a heavy moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, a sad little beer. I can understand them taking this off the market, as it does suck pretty badly and has me yearning for a Mike's Hard Lemonade or something.

TMoney2591, Aug 02, 2011
3.1/5  rDev +80.2%

Thanks for sharing this rare tick, Jake.

A: This pours a pale but very fluorescent yellow with no head to speak of.

S: Lives up to the billing with a big dose of lemons and sugar--lemonade. Sort of watery with a bit of a dish soap aroma to it.

T: Things are pretty much the same on the palate. Sugar, candied lemon, and water. Very mild soapiness to it. A subtle tartness lingers on the tongue.

M: Light as can be on the palate with surprisingly low carbonation.

O: This really isn't bad at all. Pretty much just tastes like sweet lemonade.

womencantsail, Jun 13, 2011
1.8/5  rDev +4.7%

Purchased a single of this at a very pricey $1.17. I believe this to be of the "Summer 2011" vintage. Poured into a tulip glass at roughly 40 degrees, just above when the mountains would have turned blue.

A - Honestly, it doesn't look terrible. Pale yellow body with a soapy white head that stuck around for a bit. Its slightly cloudy and maybe a shade or two darker than most AAL's.

S - Citrus scented Lysol. Well not exactly lysol, more like the discount generic brand that you would find on the bottom shelf for a dollar less. The robust chemical nose is followed out by the dryness of pool chlorine tablets. A dash of sweet corn to round it all out.

T - My initial reaction was, and I quote "Eughhugh". Incredibly sweet and artificial lemonade flavor. Its like what would you get if you made lemonade and added way to much sugar. Only instead of using sugar, you used splenda. And then spiked the lemonade with corn and hatred. An odd aftertaste to say the least.

O - I normally don't bash macro lagers, because the product they produce is so consistent and precise. But there was a reason why this beverage was pulled. I could polish off a few MGD's. This is a straight drain pour. On a positive note, after I poured it down the drain it gave off the illusion that I had just cleaned the sink.

davey101, Aug 10, 2011
1.25/5  rDev -27.3%

David1975, Dec 22, 2012
3.23/5  rDev +87.8%

was at the social club decide to try something different. smell a bit of lemon but the alt sweetner takes over. taste seems like75% lemonade 25% beer
it goes down very well, its a good for a very humid day like today.
not a bad hybrid compared to other flavored beers

Dodt, May 26, 2011
Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade from Miller Brewing Co.