2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade - Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 LemonadeMiller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade

awful

Miller Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Light Lager |  2.80% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: woodychandler on 04-19-2011)
View: Beers (26) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Ratings: 64 | Reviews: 26 | Show All Ratings:
tjsdomer2

3.25/5  rDev +84.7%

Appearance: Nothing particularly beery about this. Basically lemonade with some bubbles. Very syrupy.

Smell: Lots of lemon with a bit of grassy freshness in the back. This basically overpowers the faint hop smell.

Taste/Mouthfeel: You know what. I'll be damned and can admit that this stuff doesn't taste bad at all. It is lightyears better than MGD 64 without the lemon. That stuff just tastes like vinegar. This definitely tastes a bit chemically, but when doesn't lemonade when it's not fresh squeeze? Mouthfeel is pretty good up until a soapy, sugary feel at the finish, but overall good.

Drinkability: Low alcohol and lemonade make this like juice. Wish it had more beer qualities.

Overall: I generally don't bash macro experiments like this on principle. These guys actually put something enjoyable together for the hot summer.

06-05-2011 19:49:31 | More by tjsdomer2
Dodt

3.23/5  rDev +83.5%

was at the social club decide to try something different. smell a bit of lemon but the alt sweetner takes over. taste seems like75% lemonade 25% beer
it goes down very well, its a good for a very humid day like today.
not a bad hybrid compared to other flavored beers

05-26-2011 20:50:53 | More by Dodt
RoamingGnome

3.23/5  rDev +83.5%

I was at my nieces birthday party and it was hot as blazes, so I gave this a shot. It was served to me in an ice cold 12 oz bottle.

A) It is a hazy to foggy yellow. I was unable to assess the head as it was consumed directly from the bottle. I am guessing that had I poured this out into a pint, it wouldn't have much to write home about.

S) I inhaled deeply from the top of the bottle. I did not detect any smell that one would associate with a beer. It smelt sweet, kind of like Kool Aid Lemonade.

T) I tell ya, this stuff ain't that bad. It's kind of like a watered down radler.

M) This is so light, not overly carbonated IMO. The finish is fine, especially if you like sugary lemonade.

O) Perhaps I had this beer at just the right time. We were under a heat advisory today. It was in the mid 90's and the air was so thick, I mean it was rainforest humid. This beer served ice cold on a hot summer day, with it's minuscule 2.8% ABV is not the worst case scenario.

07-18-2011 03:11:23 | More by RoamingGnome
womencantsail

3.1/5  rDev +76.1%

Thanks for sharing this rare tick, Jake.

A: This pours a pale but very fluorescent yellow with no head to speak of.

S: Lives up to the billing with a big dose of lemons and sugar--lemonade. Sort of watery with a bit of a dish soap aroma to it.

T: Things are pretty much the same on the palate. Sugar, candied lemon, and water. Very mild soapiness to it. A subtle tartness lingers on the tongue.

M: Light as can be on the palate with surprisingly low carbonation.

O: This really isn't bad at all. Pretty much just tastes like sweet lemonade.

06-13-2011 18:14:30 | More by womencantsail
Tee76

2.93/5  rDev +66.5%

Beer is yellow and cloudy with a small white head with very little lacing

The smell is very sweet with a hint of lemon.Kind of skunky smelling to be honest

The taste isn't so bad.Pretty sweet with a hint of lemon..not overkill with the lemon flavor, unlike Miller Chill where you get blasted with lime (which i like)..this is more subtle. The beer itself wasn't as bad as i expected.

Mouthfeel was Ok. Lots of carbonation and a bit of an after taste though.

Could easily put back a few of these on a hot day, though i wouldn't go out of my way to find it or possibly buy it again.

07-04-2011 17:53:42 | More by Tee76
BEERchitect

Kentucky

2.65/5  rDev +50.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

With half of the beer comprised of another beverage, the lemondade additions completely dominate the beer. Perhaps the perfect beer for those who don't like beer.

Pouring a diffused haze of straw and yellow, the beer actually carries a decent white head of foam and froath that offers a bit of sticky lace. A much better appearance than I expect from an adjunct-heavy lager.

All sweet lemons/lemonade with sugary scent and grain. Low on hops, zilch on ester, no spice, and light sulfur, the beer only houses slight glimpses of beer behind the dominance of lemon drop candies.

Flavors are much the same- a schizophrenic mix of grainy alcohol and lemonade seem disjointed and poorly integrated. Very light malty/grainy flavors with yeasty sulfur and a bit of herbal hop/alcohol taste are hardly detectable behind the viel of sugary lemon candy beverages that seem to be well suited for children. Not so refreshing, rather candied to satisfy the sweet tooths.

Light but the sugary impression seems to give the beer a bit more body, however on the sugary side of things- pushing it well beyond what beers do best. Mildly refreshing and tacky sweet (kinda cola-like) in finish, the beer just doesn't seem beer-like in texture.

In fact, this lemon infused beer is difficult to review because the additions of lemonade is so dominant that it makes me want to review it as a lemonade and not a beer. This dwarfs the timid beer attributes to the point of poor recognition. Might as well be the case since the base beer is poor to start.

06-10-2011 05:37:40 | More by BEERchitect
LXIXME

New Mexico

2.63/5  rDev +49.4%

Pour a pretty clear clean golden with a decent inch and one half head that dies into a alright lacing.

Lemonade maybe lemonade flavor tea smell, no malt, no hops, no grains, no yeast, just lemonade aroma.

Taste is lemonade, not a good lemonade, maybe something I'd make if you gave me some of those cheap lemonade packets.

I was a little confused about this being sold as a beer, seems more like one of those Seagram's coolers without a kick. When I drink beer I think I'll have to stick to beer.

But on the up side I think I could go through about a dozen of these mowing the lawn on a hot hot summers day. Problem with that is at 2.8% ABV I'd drink a 12 pack spent the same money as buying 5.5% ABV and not have even a buzz to thank for it.

The reason I rated this a little better than most is I like lemonade, and I think that is what they were aiming for, and I know a few people that hate the taste of beers like Budweiser, Coors, etc, and this would be something they could drink and not gag that a local grocery store might sell.
Lord knows they don't cater to people that like specialty or micro brews.

08-21-2011 19:45:09 | More by LXIXME
drabmuh

Maryland

2.55/5  rDev +44.9%

Bad beer Thursdays returns. Beer is yellow and really hazy with a white head of small and large bubbles. Some lacing moderate carbonation.

Aroma is really gross. Highly vegetal. Sweet and strong. Very off-putting.

The taste is better than the aroma. Sweet and salty almost with a mild lemon flavor. The finish has a mild grainy finish. The overall beer was not as bad as I expected.

06-17-2011 04:05:12 | More by drabmuh
blackcompg

2.53/5  rDev +43.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12oz bottle into my 12oz beer glass, saw the commercial, heard it had a cloudy appearance, a few appeared in my fridge during a recent family gathering, and I'll admit my curiosity, so here we go...

Appearance - It poured about a half finger of white head, which dissipated completely in a minute. Beer is a cloudy yellow, somewhat "312-ish", I like the appearance of this beer in a glass, just wish there were some head retention.
*I had a couple more after this, and a "hard pour" will get you about 2 fingers of head, and a cap that remains.

Smell - From the bottle and the glass, lemon. Not citrusy, strictly lemon, and some sweetness, it is exactly like smelling lemonade.

Taste - If you like lemonade, you will love this. The flavor is definitely lemon, and there is definitely some sweetness there. Please note that the lemon and sweetness are artificial, meaning it has been added to the beer, it is not flavor imparted from the brewing process. Take this into account before tasting or reviewing.

Mouthfeel - Lite mouthfeel, lots of crisp carbonation - the added flavors make for a nicer mouthfeel than a regular mgd 64. High drinkability, easy to chug one down to quench your thirst after mowing the lawn.

Overall - Here again I'm not going to fail this beer because of it's inferiority to a good microbrew - for a lemonade flavored 64 calorie lite beer, and this is exactly how it's advertised, I kinda like this. I'm also a big fan of sugar free lemonade mixes, and this likely helps. In fact, if you were to add lemonade crystal light to an mgd 64, and I'm guessing that this is nearly what was done - that is exactly the taste. If semi-sweet lemonade and lite beer sounds thirst quenching, then try this for sure. If you do not like lemonade, then do not try this.

07-03-2011 02:53:34 | More by blackcompg
woodychandler

2.2/5  rDev +25%

When I saw this in the singles cooler at my local, I figured that I would be the perfect Guinea Pig, especially after the recent thread ( http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3704098 ) about how awful it is supposed to be. I am getting to be like the hippies - I'll try anything once, man.

My aggro pour netted me just over a finger of fluffy bone-white head that fell faster than Skylab. Color was a very cloudy lemon-yellow. It is a fresh bottle (Best by date of Jul 10/18 (?) - a little smudged), so I assume this is what it is supposed to look like. Nose had a pungent lemon tartness to it. Mouthfeel was thin and fizzy to the point that I felt like I was drinking pop. The flavor was way too sweet for my liking. It tasted more like lemon candy than "natural lemon flavor" as noted on the label. I was hoping for something much more tart, but this was more towards alcopop. Finish was lingeringly sweet with a strange chemical aftertaste. Better living through chemistry? Not in this case! I did not come away with buyer's remorse, but I was close to it.

04-19-2011 20:46:55 | More by woodychandler
Pauly2X

2.17/5  rDev +23.3%

A- Very light yellow with a slight haze. Tons of effervesce support a 1/4 finger head.

S- Mostly smells like artifical lemonade from a mix with very faint hints of malt far off in the back ground.

T- Just like what you'd expect, a cross between a bland inoffensive light beer and artifical lemonade. On the plus side there's no off flavors to speak off and it finishes rather clean.

M- Very light and spritzy. Carbonation is high but not harsh.

O- If you hate beer, but wanna drink a "beer" then this is for you. However if you really like real beer, then stay away. I dislike it less than the regular MGD 64, but that isn't saying much. This beer is the equivalent of adding a ton of salt to bad food to make it bearable.

Serving type: can

11-03-2011 20:01:18 | More by Pauly2X
vacax

2.13/5  rDev +21%

I just had to. Pours a cloudy straw yellow with a white head with big bubbles, yet sticky lacing encapsulates the glass, not unlike the legendary High Life in perplexing head webbing. I wonder what they add to this to get the cloudy appearance as well. Aroma mostly consists of Pledge-like lemony scents, maybe a hint of "beer" behind it, not much. Hey, this could still be refreshing. Tastes cold and fizzy... artificial lemon flavor, though milder than might be expected, very watery, some limited bitterness that might possibly remind one of beer, low levels of sweetness, much less than I anticipated. The flavor lacks beerness and is mostly just a mild lemon dish soap type of drink. Not much going on, though I am glad they went with a somewhat clean finish and didn't end up with a cloying sweetened one. Feel, as mentioned, is fizzy, very light. This is mostly fizz and pretend lemon, but it is pretty subtle and not so much objectionable as it is just a waste of time.

06-08-2011 02:55:02 | More by vacax
Knapp85

2.1/5  rDev +19.3%

This beer was handed to me by a friend who said that he was kind of impressed by the liquid inside the bottle. Since I'm willing to try just about any beer, I figured I'd give it a shot. The color is a chalky yellow color the head was foamy and settles quickly. The smell of the beer was pretty decent actually. Had a hefty amount of lemon on the nose obviously, the aroma didn't seem forced. The taste was like drinking a lemon flavored soda. It was pretty sweet but the malts kind of mellowed it out just a bit. The flavor wasn't too bad but I wouldn't want a whole lot of them. The mouthfeel was very light, like a club soda in most ways. Overall it's drinkable, I was expecting a much worse beer. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it but I would probably drink it again if I happen to see it at a picnic or something.

07-01-2011 17:28:55 | More by Knapp85
Lemke10

1.93/5  rDev +9.7%

After hearing Miller was doing away with beer, I had to grab a 6-pack to try it out. When you hear a beer is terrible I had to try it to believe it.

Pours a cloudy grassy yellow color with a thick puffy head of white foam to it. The scent is at least inviting with a grassy grain scent mixed with country time lemonade. A very similar scent to Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. And for the taste...WOW it's bad! Very thin texture with a very light lemonade hint and not a trace of beer to be tasted. Seems like a Mike's Hard Lemonade for kids kind of drink but that's to be expected when you have a beer that comes in a clear bottle proudly proclaiming how little calories it has while being from a Macro-brewery. If you are thirsty this will go down rather easily but I can see why they are pulling this off the market.

08-09-2011 18:40:34 | More by Lemke10
TMoney2591

1.83/5  rDev +4%

Served in a Dogfish Head shaped pint glass.

I heard they were taking this off the market; then I found a couple sixers at Jewel. I had to grab some. Damn, these guys know how to advertise... Anyway, it pours a lightly hazy pale golden straw topped by a finger of nearly-off white foam. The nose comprises fake lemon (sorta like an Italian ice made partially of plastic), very light wheat, and hard water. The taste really doesn't wanna change things up, though the lemon is now even more fake, as though Windex came out with a lemon version. Boo. The body is pretty damn light, with a heavy moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, a sad little beer. I can understand them taking this off the market, as it does suck pretty badly and has me yearning for a Mike's Hard Lemonade or something.

08-02-2011 04:54:10 | More by TMoney2591
davey101

Connecticut

1.8/5  rDev +2.3%

Purchased a single of this at a very pricey $1.17. I believe this to be of the "Summer 2011" vintage. Poured into a tulip glass at roughly 40 degrees, just above when the mountains would have turned blue.

A - Honestly, it doesn't look terrible. Pale yellow body with a soapy white head that stuck around for a bit. Its slightly cloudy and maybe a shade or two darker than most AAL's.

S - Citrus scented Lysol. Well not exactly lysol, more like the discount generic brand that you would find on the bottom shelf for a dollar less. The robust chemical nose is followed out by the dryness of pool chlorine tablets. A dash of sweet corn to round it all out.

T - My initial reaction was, and I quote "Eughhugh". Incredibly sweet and artificial lemonade flavor. Its like what would you get if you made lemonade and added way to much sugar. Only instead of using sugar, you used splenda. And then spiked the lemonade with corn and hatred. An odd aftertaste to say the least.

O - I normally don't bash macro lagers, because the product they produce is so consistent and precise. But there was a reason why this beverage was pulled. I could polish off a few MGD's. This is a straight drain pour. On a positive note, after I poured it down the drain it gave off the illusion that I had just cleaned the sink.

08-10-2011 01:54:48 | More by davey101
tjacobs610

1.8/5  rDev +2.3%

Appearance: Very pale yellow, small one finger head that stays apparent for quite a while. Very cloudy and thick colored, also has no lacing to speak of.

Smell: Has a faint citrus smell, also some grainy hints come to the nose other than that not much smell at all.

Taste: Very heavy hints of lemon, not at all like lemonade, more like lemon flavored beer. Also very grainy. As expected has a sweet finish but not much as an overall taste. Has to much lemon flavor.

Mouthfeel: very light and thin feel on the palate, the lasting head adds an unusual froth to the feel.

Overall: Not a great beer, not even an average beer. It has an overpowering lemon taste and a fairly good sweet ending. Other than that not much going on here with this beer.

08-23-2011 05:47:05 | More by tjacobs610
emerge077

1.75/5  rDev -0.6%

"Light Beer with natural lemon flavor and Sucralose"
"Light Beer" printed in script on the label.

Murky hazed straw gold, pretty much what you'd expect color-wise. Sticky white foam that laces the pint glass surprisingly. Slow trails of carbonation visible. Head takes a few minutes to fade. Swirling produces that "swarm of angry bees" type carbonation under the surface.

Artificial lemonhead candy sweetener scent, behind that there's a weird synthetic saccharin smell. Something ain't right here.

Tastes like watered down lemonade koolaid, or if you took some lemonheads candy and swirled it in an MGD 64 until they dissolved. Hollow feel, utterly bland with sweet lemon candy skidmarks. Filmy artificial sweetener slickness that leaves an unnatural coating on the tongue.

Taste... what taste? Water-diluted lemonheads, splash of MGD 64, packet of Splenda... aka SUCRALOSE (wtf? this is actually on the label) = MGD 64 Lemonade. Save money and make your own at home, with the recipe listed above.

This is merely a feeble attempt by Miller to "compete" with Leine's Summer Shandy.
Thanks Sebastian for the bonus beer, i'd never buy this.

04-30-2011 02:18:28 | More by emerge077
bluejacket74

1.73/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Saw this on the singles shelf at Liquor Barn, figured I'd give it a try since I'm pretty sure I will never buy a 6 pack of it. 12 ounce bottle, best by date of July 25, 2011 printed on the bottle. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a hazy straw gold color with a small white head that went away quickly. Small bit of lacing left on the glass. The brew smells like lemon candy, but not fresh lemons or lemonade. Doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't smell good either. However, the taste is not good at all. It tastes like bad watery diet lemon soda with a weird diet cola-like bittersweet aftertaste. Mouthfeel/body is light, it's somewhat watery and is well carbonated. It's also a bit coating. I felt like I was drinking a really bad diet cola and not a beer. I can't imagine this product staying on the market very long, I don't think even hardcore BMC light beer drinkers would enjoy this very much. I finished my bottle, but I can't say I liked it.

05-09-2011 22:04:26 | More by bluejacket74
Kadonny

1.73/5  rDev -1.7%

Drank from a bottle (blasphemy I know) on a really hot day after the beach. I got these as a gift from someone who thought it would be a good for a light beer.

A: A light golden color with a slight white head if I shake the bottle a bit.

S: Sweet malts, some lemon scents and grain.

T: Grainy flavor with some hints of lemon that actually go nicely together. Not much else going on but the finish turns really sweet with that fake sugar sweetness flavor that leaves a really bad taste in your mouth. Not a whole lot of flavor going on here.

M: Light, very light and very watery. With 2 something abv, what do we expect. Lasting flavor that is very off putting.

O: Not undrinkable, but not something I would reach for again.

07-18-2011 20:35:26 | More by Kadonny
garuda

1.68/5  rDev -4.5%

12oz clear bottle, best by date stamped on neck

Well it certainly doesn't win any appearance points from how it looks in the bottle. Hazy, milky straw color body. Aggressive pour gets a sizeable, soapy white head that surprisingly retains a little bit with some lacing down the glass. The body of the beer just looks disgusting, however.

Mouthfeel is so super thin and highly carbed that its like seltzer water that just goes flat in your mouth. Leaves a nasty sweet, then skunky aftertaste.

Smell is very weak, with slight lemon flavored candy, and skunky adjuncts. Taste is similar, very weak, and the finish leaves a gross, lemon flavored diet-soda sweetness behind.

O - Sucralose and "natural" lemon flavor should not go in a beer.

06-04-2011 20:46:14 | More by garuda
uwmgdman

1.35/5  rDev -23.3%

This 'beer' pours hazy light golden color with a quickly diminishing white head. The aroma is moderate-high lemon aroma, a bit like lemon pledge dusting spray, as well as a bit of grainy malt. The flavor is extremely disagreeable, a blend of sickeningly sweet, overly strong lemon pledge flavor along with an almost skunky, wet cardboard, grainy malt. The body is quite thin and carbonation high. Overall I can't believe this passed through the test market and was released nationally. I would drink any other Miller product before this, or any other lemonade/beer product. 4 others tasting this beverage, ranging from craft beer palate to Milwaukee's Best palate all agreed, this was not pleasant.

07-05-2011 02:03:13 | More by uwmgdman
cagocubs

1.35/5  rDev -23.3%

Reviewing this one for shits and giggles.

Poured from bottle into glass.

A: Pours a lighter gold, straw color with a tiny white head that dissipates quickly except for the edges. No lacing.

S: Um nothing. Well, I did use a bathroom cleaner that had a lemon scent much like this beer.

T: Odd. Sweet lemon flavor makes it taste like sugar water. The beer is so light and unappealing as it is that a lemon flavor makes it lose any identity as a beer. It's like drinking a soda or flavored water.

M: Light, sweet, real synthetic aftertaste.

O: I knew what I was getting into, but this one even surprised me with how awful it is. Would I drink this if it were the only thing laying around a blistering hot beach, yes. If there was any other choice, no.

07-20-2011 01:34:11 | More by cagocubs
Beerandraiderfan

Nevada

1.2/5  rDev -31.8%

Wow, what is that color? Some weird combo of flourescent yellow with hazy antifreeze. Head or lacing? Ya gotsta be kiddin' up in here. Weird sugary lemon drop aroma, but mostly sugar, doesn't smell anything like beer.

Doesn't taste anything like beer. Jeez, its not really like lemonade either. I think they just grabbed that Tampico fruit drink and poured it together with some High Life Light. Tastes like neither lemons nor beer.

This stuff sucks. Glad I bought a 6 pack, now that this is discontinued, bam, major whale. Don't be looking up this review when I try and trade this to you for a vertical of BCS or Eclipse.

11-03-2011 20:10:31 | More by Beerandraiderfan
harrymel

Washington

1.05/5  rDev -40.3%

I even poured this into a wine glass. Served to me at my dentists house. Cheap fuck.

A: neon yellow. No foam. No lace. Hazy like turbid piss. Think uti.

S: lemon and manure. Can't really say much else. Maybe some cheap glade floral candle.

T: wow. Soooo sweet. Jesus. Like artificial sugar and fake lemon ad some vanilla. Gross.

M: thin and water. Lo carb. Syrupy finish.

O: fetid fecal fluid.

07-06-2011 02:35:19 | More by harrymel
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade from Miller Brewing Co.